Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Jill needs to be reminded that while there is freedom of speech,  there is not freedom from consequences. Plus, all of those social media platforms are private companies, they can pretty much do what they want when it comes to banning people from their platforms. 

Its like I told someone if you walk into a store or a restaurant and start loudly start saying inappropriate remarks  and cause a disruption, they can ask you to leave. Heck, I work at a public library and we can ask you to leave. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Its like I told someone if you walk into a store or a restaurant and start loudly start saying inappropriate remarks  and cause a disruption, they can ask you to leave. Heck, I work at a public library and we can ask you to leave. 

Or if a bakery refused to make a cake for a gay wedding . . .

• Love 9

JRod has a new IG post, and she wants everyone to know that she has been crying and crying, because she’s sure that the USA is going to hell in a hand basket.  I’m crying because her poor pitiful children are being raised by a loser and a lunatic.

• Love 16
Just now, farmgal4 said:

JRod has a new IG post, and she wants everyone to know that she has been crying and crying, because she’s sure that the USA is going to hell in a hand basket.  I’m crying because her poor pitiful children are being raised by a loser and a lunatic.

Well sometimes I feel that way also. However I the reason I think that is probably a little different than Jills.

• LOL 3
  • Love 19
7 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Why is Jill upset. Jesus will welcome her to heaven for being a good Christian. True Christians don’t fear death. (Yeah I couldn’t say that with a straight face)

With all the stimulus $ she could’ve filled her pantry with food for the kids. Not just Dave and her. 

USA will be fine we made it through worse than this. We will survive. 

• Love 9

It's a shame that schooling isn't up to the standards it used to be.In my day,if you didn't show up for school for a few days,there would be a truant officer knocking on your door,asking your parents WHY you weren't in school.There was NO homeschooling,unless you were sick,and my sis even had to wear dresses to school

• Love 10
On 1/13/2021 at 10:54 AM, laurakaye said:

Do the Rods file taxes, though?  I don't think you can claim "grifting" as a source of income, but I could be wrong.  Without filing, I don't know how they'd get those checks.

My guess is that the business makes just enough money for them to get the Earned Income Credit.  So they file taxes & the government gives them money instead of them paying taxes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Too funny - JRod who was calling to boycott big tech yesterday is all but begging on FB today for people to sign up to attend her Women's event..

there is a second video posted there also - Jill has been tearful all day,

to stay within the politics policy here - you all will just have to go look at her FB page if you want to see it

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, sondraK said:

It's a shame that schooling isn't up to the standards it used to be.In my day,if you didn't show up for school for a few days,there would be a truant officer knocking on your door,asking your parents WHY you weren't in school.There was NO homeschooling,unless you were sick,and my sis even had to wear dresses to school

Speaking of... Jill, I mean, Timothy 🙄, has just posted a new IG video.  His grammar is awful and he lives in a camper next to Mommy.

• Useful 4

Funny how she's screaming about freedom of speech (as well as the rest of the god botherers) but yet their children don't have the freedom to learn in a classroom or read about anything but how Jesus changed the dinosaur into wine.  Oh wait...grape juice.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Tim's clumsy stream-of-consciousness narrative suggests the poor kid has never read a single book (other than the "correct" Bible) in his entire life and hasn't a clue why punctuation exists. The content is disturbing too. I doubt Starving Sofia is strong enough to lift a foot bath full of water much less carry it to another room. Did she clip his yellow toenails too?  

Why did Tim feel the need to share this? Is he trying to stay relevant? 

• Love 5

"I went into my parents house to eat."  Is it common knowledge that Tim lives in an RV parked in the Barndo driveway?  Because it sounds weird, like he was hanging around outside the house killing time or something and then went inside to eat.  It also makes it sound like an invitation to come into the house is not an every day occurrence for him - why would that be?  Is it like, once you call the RV home you're technically on your own even though everyone else lives literally a few feet away?  Is he being ostracized from the rest of his family?  Even though he is on the property?  But if he's actually making money at a real job and we know that Jill loves money, I don't get why he's stuck alone in a trailer.

I realize too that Tim has the writing skills of a third-grader but I can't help read the subtext, since I doubt he has the skill to make his situation sound better than it is.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 12
29 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Between the font and the grammar, if I didn’t know any better, I’d think a tween girl wrote that. 

I have to agree with you. If we had fonts when I was a tween, I would have used that one! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

"I went into my parents house to eat."  Is it common knowledge that Tim lives in an RV parked in the Barndo driveway?  Because it sounds weird, like he was hanging around outside the house killing time or something and then went inside to eat.  It also makes it sound like an invitation to come into the house is not an every day occurrence for him - why would that be?  Is it like, once you call the RV home you're technically on your own even though everyone else lives literally a few feet away?  Is he being ostracized from the rest of his family?  Even though he is on the property?  But if he's actually making money at a real job and we know that Jill loves money, I don't get why he's stuck alone in a trailer.

I realize too that Tim has the writing skills of a third-grader but I can't help read the subtext, since I doubt he has the skill to make his situation sound better than it is.  

Considering the Rods can't afford to feed Shrek, Jill, and the kids who live in the house, I doubt they want another mouth to feed unless Tim pays for the food. Meals of leftovers from the Tall Pot of Lumpy Slop and the Beige Casserole Nobody Likes may be exceptions. 

Frankly, I'd rather live in an RV by myself than in that tacky firetrap listening to Jill's treacly voice, but Tim may see it differently. Jill punishes the people who most want her love and approval, so the meaner she is to Tim, the more money he will give her. That's how narcissists work. 

• Love 5

The font reminds me of the Babysitters Club books.  Oh how I loved those. Also, who uses the term “fellowship “ when referring to hanging out with family?  I have 3 kids in high school and I can only imagine how much they would laugh if one of them said that. Of course they would never say it about hanging out with their “sweet” friends either. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
13 minutes ago, HooHooHoo said:

The font reminds me of the Babysitters Club books.  Oh how I loved those. Also, who uses the term “fellowship “ when referring to hanging out with family?  I have 3 kids in high school and I can only imagine how much they would laugh if one of them said that. Of course they would never say it about hanging out with their “sweet” friends either. 

Yea, I thought that was really weird to say. I can see the term being used in worship, but your family? Maybe they all prayed? 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She says it’s from 7a today, until 7a tomorrow.

Good. Since she isn't going to read this, let me take the opportunity to say that Jill is a pathetic, mean, stupid, ugly, tacky, talentless, selfish, vain, uneducated, lying, lazy, self-absorbed loser. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

Why is Jilldo crying in her recent videos? 

She isn’t pregnant? Nuri is not pregnant? 

reality on election and tears over who will now protect the unborn babies...

while happily promoting her women's retreat thing- with "plenty of space left, but send in registration soon so you won't be left out...."

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Why is Jilldo crying in her recent videos? 

She isn’t pregnant? Nuri is not pregnant? 

I honestly don't think she wants Nurthan to be pregnant. It would take the spotlight off of Jilldo. After all, isn't Nurthan fervently praying that she and Jilldo are pregnant at the same time? Surely God would answer this prayer, since God did not answer that other big prayer she had back in November, and you know, last week and all...

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Bates' are in full denial/publicity mode - Lawson on twitter Jan 9 2021

"One of my 2020 goals was finishing my National Certification for Emergency Medical Responder, and after completing training at@roanestate

I passed the@NREMT to become a licensed EMR. I look forward to future opportunities to make a difference in emergency and crisis response!"

he is obviously deleting/blocking any and all negative comments.

lb.jpg

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4