Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Its been years, but as a child I actually went Christmas Caroling a number of times. We never left the sidewalk. If no one came out within a second or two, we moved on. I think its very rude and presumptuous to walk onto others' property for Christmas Caroling.

Someone could slip and get hurt and guess who pays the bill? 

30 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

@ginger90 thank you! You are the best at posting pictures/updates. 

The poor neighbors must have been hiding behind the furniture to avoid opening the doors. The frozen/starving hostages must have been miserable to be forced to sing in the cold! 

And the Rods walk away wondering where all the neighbors went. They were probably hoping to score someone inviting them in for food or donation.

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Someone could slip and get hurt and guess who pays the bill? 

And the Rods walk away wondering where all the neighbors went. They were probably hoping to score someone inviting them in for food or donation.

I have no doubt that Jill had one of the smaller, more forlorn looking kids holding a basket for cash donations.  No way she did this out of the goodness of her heart.  They probably gave away some of the spare Bible pamphlets in return for the money.

When I was a kid, the nuns from the grade school we attended took us out caroling.  It was, of course, a mandatory gig for us kids.  However, the nun had a list of addresses of people who were members of the parish and we only stopped at those houses unless someone in a house not on our list signaled that they wanted us.  We always started out on the sidewalk in front of the house and only entered the yard if someone came to the door.  And, of course, the nuns were always quick to grab any monetary donations offered. This was in the inner city though, yards were small.  There may not be sidewalks where the Rods were out caroling.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I have no doubt that Jill had one of the smaller, more forlorn looking kids holding a basket for cash donations.  No way she did this out of the goodness of her heart.  They probably gave away some of the spare Bible pamphlets in return for the money.

When I was a kid, the nuns from the grade school we attended took us out caroling.  It was, of course, a mandatory gig for us kids.  However, the nun had a list of addresses of people who were members of the parish and we only stopped at those houses unless someone in a house not on our list signaled that they wanted us.  We always started out on the sidewalk in front of the house and only entered the yard if someone came to the door.  And, of course, the nuns were always quick to grab any monetary donations offered. This was in the inner city though, yards were small.  There may not be sidewalks where the Rods were out caroling.

I can so see that. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Isn't it said that 1 in 7 couples have trouble conceiving? Looking at the number of these fundie marriages, there statically has to be someone with problems.

And I don't think her weight should be to blaim

No, it doesn't have to be, its just a possible suggestion. It could be Nathan. It could just be the way it is. I found out during my c-section that I had one tube that was so twisted, it basically rendered my one tube useless. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

I am actually surprised there is not much infertile couples in that fundies bunch. We know about one?

The only one that comes to mind is Brandon and Michaela Keilen. Everyone has else has conceived pretty quickly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The only one that comes to mind is Brandon and Michaela Keilen. Everyone has else has conceived pretty quickly.

Same for me too. They have been married quite awhile now, haven't they? I have read that she is going to nursing school. 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I know it has to be tough for her when she lives in a family/culture that promotes fertility and the two of them are not. I know these people are not big on adoption because they don't believe in taking on the sins of another. Ugh. Maybe she can at least get a good education a bit of independence as a result. I don't know? 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Those poor neighbors. 

That was my first thought. I would be hiding behind the furniture, waiting for them to leave. Who goes to stranger's front doors, DURING A PANDEMIC, and tries to sing in front of them, mask-less?

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I know it has to be tough for her when she lives in a family/culture that promotes fertility and the two of them are not. I know these people are not big on adoption because they don't believe in taking on the sins of another. Ugh. Maybe she can at least get a good education a bit of independence as a result. I don't know? 

Michaela actually has an aunt who was adopted, so maybe they'll be open to it. She wrote a heartbreaking post about a year ago about their trouble conceiving, or maybe it was on an episode, but anyway, now she seems somewhat content to being an involved aunt. I'm not sure if she is working as a nurse yet.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

I am actually surprised there is not much infertile couples in that fundies bunch. We know about one?

This is probably because they tend to marry and conceive so young.  When you look at statistics for infertility, the rate is much higher in older couples who haven't tried to conceive as teens or early 20's like these folks do.  20% of couples have fertility issues, but most of the couples with fertility problems are far older than these fundie kids.

A woman is most fertile between the ages of 17-22 or so.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Anna Marie had an aggressive breast cancer that was discovered while she was pregnant with her last child.  They even induced her several weeks before her due date to start treatment ASAP.  In addition to surgery, she apparently received typical chemo and is now on a HER 2 receptor blocker which helps prevent growth of certain breast cancers.  The blocker isn't likely to affect her immune system; but she did have chemo within the last year, probably within the last few months.  There are at least 20 people sitting shoulder to shoulder in Stevehovah's living room opening Christmas presents.

In a blog post dated September 28, Anna Marie says she spoke to her oncologist about her immune system and he told her it would be AT LEAST 3-6 months AFTER she finished chemo before her immune system would be expected to be back to baseline and he recommended staying home and avoiding crowds for at least that long.  Anna Marie obviously decided against following his advice since the Christmas gathering is within the window he gave her.  The ignorance of these people is astounding.

Anna Marie apparently has a death wish. Fools.

• Love 1
On 12/28/2020 at 11:17 AM, Albanyguy said:

I still think he decided to jump ship because the Gothard organization is crumbling fast and he saw the writing on the wall. Possibly he even got wind of some more scandals or shady financial dealings that are still under wraps, but will inevitably come out. Or perhaps he left because the current Board members were bearing down on him and Bill Gothard wasn't there to protect his little protégée.

I wonder how Priscilla will handle being a pastor's wife (a position that usually comes with a lot of responsibilities).

I actually think Priscilla will do fine.She's friendly,will help with pot lucks,and will prob. teach a Sunday school class for kids or help w youth ministry.She doesn't seem to be a taker like Jill.

And her family always looks well fed,and their clothes are always decent and well fitting.

I don't agree w their lifestyle or beliefs,but otherwise,they seem ok

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Most of the Duggar’s did.

Too lazy to look how long it took Jill to have her first after her wedding. 

I bet Jill calls daily to ask if she is pregnant yet? Maybe Nuri is guzzling plexus and that’s hindering her. Who knows.

Jill didn’t even post where Nathan took them to dinner. slacker Jill ! Haha. Grifting slowdown?

I hope it was McDonald's.LOL

• LOL 2

I'd like to think maybe Nuthan are holding off on a baby so as to save money for decent medical care,and enjoy some time as a couple before starting a family,but I doubt it.I wonder if Nathan even has decent ins. coverage for them? I hope Nurie doesn't decide to deliver at home,should she ever conceive.I know many do well with that,but Nurie just looks so frail and malnourished as it is

• Love 2

I wonder if Nurie is holding off trying to get pregnant because she knows Mama also wants another baby?  (I don't feel like looking it up, but didn't Jill post that they were praying to be pregnant together?)  I could see Jill dropping not-so-subtle hints that she doesn't want any baby news from Nurie until she has news of her own.  And I could also see Nurie and Nathan both realizing their lives would be a lot easier if they held off to see if Mama could conceive AGAIN before trying for their own baby.  If Jill is still hoping for another pregnancy, there's a good chance she might lay on the guilt and whine and moan about her "infertility" for the entirety of her daughter's pregnancy.

Those children are well trained to do just about anything possible to avoid upsetting Mama, even putting off starting their own family.  Hope I'm wrong!

• Love 2

I don't think there is anything stopping Nurie and Nathan having  a baby other than Nurie's potential underlying health issues.  Wasn't there a set of photos where she was cradling (fondling) a non-existent bump?  I bet they are trying big time.  Jill may want to have a baby in tandem, but I'll bet we hear an announcement from Nurie soon.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Insert Username said:

Where do Nurie and Nathan stay when they visit the barndo? There are only 3 bedrooms and Tim has the RV. Do they have to sleep separately with the boys and girls?

Maybe Tim gives them the RV and bunks in with the other boys.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, doodlebug said:

This is probably because they tend to marry and conceive so young.  When you look at statistics for infertility, the rate is much higher in older couples who haven't tried to conceive as teens or early 20's like these folks do.  20% of couples have fertility issues, but most of the couples with fertility problems are far older than these fundie kids.

A woman is most fertile between the ages of 17-22 or so.

Yes I was about to say that. If you start trying to conceive in your late teens-early twenties, you're going to be a lot more successful (on average) than people trying to conceive in their 30s and 40s. But given our economy and wider cultural trends the typical person isnt trying to conceive that young. Probably why in "ye olden days" couples who had only 2-3 children after 20yrs of marriage were the ones who had problems with fertility. (and yes of course some people had none, but that was rarer).

If Nurie does not want to be pregnant right now then I am glad she is not, but there could be any number of reasons- including but not limited to Nathan (his fertility or interest in children right now).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Ha. Wonder who gets to deal with Jill’s reaction the first time she is addressed as “Grandma.” As she clearly believes she is all kinds of hot stuff, that should be entertaining!

I'm sure she'll come up with some cutesy nickname for her grandchildren to call her that makes her sound young and fun, like "Mimi" or "Gigi". Maybe she'll copy Michelle Duggar and go with "Lolli" (ugh).

• LOL 6

The Not Nurie across from Tim has a really extra small cup. My daughter had a bigger Blizzard cup when she was five. Nice of Nathan to treat those neglected kids. I just hope he has a decent savings because the Rods are going to bleed him dry.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

186C3D43-0A24-4D1B-9432-5EFC789938F4.jpeg

So after dragging them around in the cold weather forcing them to sing outside ... 

their reward is frozen treats. That way they all get a cold?! Or worse. 

Cheapo Jill should have gotten them hot chocolate or tea. 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I feel cold just looking at the thin layer of clothing. Shocking! Socks, trainers, inadequate shoes, those paper thin long skirts swishing the dirt, yuk.

Jill, again, you are a truly despiccable piece of shit. Feed your children. And fuck off. Thank you

• Love 24

Airfare for two = $500. Christmas gifts for 15 = $100. Meals out for 16 (at least 10) = $1280. Best momma gifts and and shopping trips for Jilly (at least three) = $150 . Activities for the kids, young and old (one or two is plenty) = $160. Coffee, pastries, lunches out with adult siblings and maybe Jill = $80. Groceries (gotta gather around the big table a few times) = $200. Gas (at least one vehicle will be nearly empty) = $40. Hotel = $0. Total = $2510. This is on the lower end of fine dining with bible tracts as tips, and assumes everyone under the age of ten gets something to eat. Timmy may pick up the lunch check once or twice to impress his mama, causing Nathan to sigh in relief. 

For money like this, Nurie and Nathan could fly to a tropical island and stay in a nice hotel, maybe even twice. I hope the burden on Nathan isn't as bad as I imagine, but Jill can't pass on a good grift when she sees one. The more she gushes about Nathan, the closer to correct this figure is. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

186C3D43-0A24-4D1B-9432-5EFC789938F4.jpeg

OMG. Summer skirts and slippers. Then a teensy frozen drink. Those clattering teeth could probably be heard for miles around.

Who is the headless one with a cellphone?

11 hours ago, Totally said:

Those thin skirts in the snow 😮

The one with the long pink skirt on is Kaylee and if she loses anymore weight, she will be nothing but bones and hair.  I’ve decided that she’s attempting to commit suicide by starvation in order to GTFO of the insane asylum she’s living in.

2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Airfare for two = $500. Christmas gifts for 15 = $100. Meals out for 16 (at least 10) = $1280. Best momma gifts and and shopping trips for Jilly (at least three) = $150 . Activities for the kids, young and old (one or two is plenty) = $160. Coffee, pastries, lunches out with adult siblings and maybe Jill = $80. Groceries (gotta gather around the big table a few times) = $200. Gas (at least one vehicle will be nearly empty) = $40. Hotel = $0. Total = $2510. This is on the lower end of fine dining with bible tracts as tips, and assumes everyone under the age of ten gets something to eat. Timmy may pick up the lunch check once or twice to impress his mama, causing Nathan to sigh in relief. 

In addition to all this, I'll bet Jill laid a big guilt trip on Nurie and Nathan, crying poverty and begging for help in paying her expenses. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That’s David. I had to crop the picture so it would post. Here’s the original:

7686D783-D1A9-4C43-A9A0-6693FDEC08CD.jpeg

He looks better headless.

I have a question:  I lurk on Reddit, and on that site the term "fuck it up Renee" is quite common.  Does anyone here know why she's referred to by that name?

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

He looks better headless.

I have a question:  I lurk on Reddit, and on that site the term "fuck it up Renee" is quite common.  Does anyone here know why she's referred to by that name?

It has to do with Renee jamming on the harmonica, more of a "You go, Renee!" as opposed to an insult. 

• Useful 9