Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I didn’t know Kaylee and siblings were such Loretta Lynn fans.  Someone should tell them Loretta saved her fancy dresses and hairstyles for her shows. 

I don’t understand why they have to dress 50 years  out of date. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I didn’t know Kaylee and siblings were such Loretta Lynn fans.  Someone should tell them Loretta saved her fancy dresses and hairstyles for her shows. 

I don’t understand why they have to dress 50 years  out of date. 

Mahmo dresses her kids like dolls 

So whatever Mahmo picks that’s what the kids wear 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I didn't recognize Phillip in the Easter picture I saw. He looked like one of the  Duggar sons. The time he spent as Massillon and Marietta shows what one hearty meal a day can do for a young man. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 7
(edited)

Jill trying to create content and use #s is always good for a laugh.

Anyone else think Jill making her own bed everyday is an "April Fools" post? 🤣

Screenshot (619).png

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 17

This makes me laugh at myself. When my kids were able to make their own beds, I told them a made bed made their room look 75% clean. 

• Like 6
(edited)

Jill also has a video up of the girls coloring easter eggs. # Eastereggs. Tessie, as an almost 17yr old, seems bored out of her mind. I think the grandfather clock in the background shows the time to be 11:20 or 11:55. Dark outside and every dang light and lighted accessory turned on. Hardworking hubby is in his usual place in the recliner watching the map. Reflection of the tv can be seen in the window.

In the background I spied a nice new hoverboard. Sells at walmart for around $100Screenshot(620).thumb.png.412fbdbc7c707f6bab1a3cd748ddb32d.png

Edited by crazy8s
  • Sad 8

The made up title for Jill's dissertation made me snort out loud.  I Sat on My Toilet will go down in history.  The post itself is Jill at her finest with terrible grammar, weird sentence structure, and "drempt" to cap it all off.  She outdid herself this Resurrection Sunday.

• Like 6
  • LOL 12
23 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

K thanks. I don’t use Facebook 

A31405BE-946C-49D3-B7A5-FA8C108BBF97.jpeg

Look at her swollen ankle! Jill has circulation problems. Go see a doctor. 

Jill stop professing your love for him. We get it, you love him. 🙄

She can keep him. Nobody else wants him. Although,  I guess she thinks we're jealous.  Lol

• Applause 2
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

Fundies truly don’t understand how to properly use hashtags. 

Or commas...apostrophes...semicolons...quotation marks...

• Like 18
17 hours ago, beckie said:

She can keep him. Nobody else wants him. Although,  I guess she thinks we're jealous.  Lol

Yeah we all want a lazy, unemployed man who contributes $0 to the bills yet is ok with creating 13 humans…

• Like 4
  • Angry 1
  • LOL 7
5 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I'll go Jill one better. My headship makes our bed every day!

Dave hadn’t made a bed since he got married. He does not even wash his clothes. He is so lazy.

• Like 5
(edited)

When I looked at it and only saw the first pic, I was left wondering, 'Do they go to church at Walmart?' since the setting has that vaguely discounted retail flavor to it.

I will not say too much about worshipping in a place of retail, however.  I see more of some of the clerks at my local Target than I do my siblings.  Just got one of their Diane Von Furstenburg wrap dresses and am so excited to wear it! It was like Christmas in March.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 9
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, Notabug said:

When I looked at it and only saw the first pic, I was left wondering, 'Do they go to church at Walmart?' since the setting has that vaguely discounted retail flavor to it.

😂 I thought that exact same thing! 🤣

• Like 5
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

CDB52EF9-104A-439A-9764-888930297D1A.jpeg

0A96C01B-E5AD-41ED-B782-E1D4DFDA868A.jpeg

48D99C38-E784-40AE-B3EC-5171ADEEE363.jpeg

My tradition is to feed my family a good, healthy meal with ample portions. I bet that ice cream is dinner for the night. And for most Wednesday nights are school nights. Kids need to get a good night's sleep not be up until all hours. However, we know these kids don't go to school. 

• Like 17
Just now, ALittleShelfish said:

Jill, you are 1000% not the only family to ever go to a Meijer after a church service.  🙄

Yeah, but she is probably one of the few to post it on social media like it's a big deal!

• LOL 11

I've never thought "They have so much fun together!!!" when looking at any of their sad, sad family pictures.  Maybe if Jill tells them enough times that they're having fun, they eventually believe it?

image.thumb.png.774284c2af1de783d74c026a4815f3de.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
3 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I've never thought "They have so much fun together!!!" when looking at any of their sad, sad family pictures.  Maybe if Jill tells them enough times that they're having fun, they eventually believe it?

image.thumb.png.774284c2af1de783d74c026a4815f3de.png

Looking at that photo, it's hard to know who's having the most fun; they all look so excited to be there.  I've had more enthusiasm waiting in line for a flu shot myself.

• Like 4
  • LOL 9

They are also taking up that entire giant crosswalk, instead of walking as a group to get inside easier. Why do I feel like Jill is holding up traffic to get this perfectly "candid" family photo of walking into Walmart?

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2

They also probably pray strangers leave pennies by Sandy the horse so baby/toddler Janessa can use them all for rides.

(people always leave pennies by the horse at our meijer)

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)

So their tradition is to go to the grocery store after church?  Because most Walmarts or Meijers don’t have ice cream shops inside to eat at. 
I mean, ok, but it’s really not an event you need to post about 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 8

I'm highly skeptical that Jill and David have a tradition of taking the kids out every Wednesday night for ice cream and goodies. Jill would have mentioned it before now. Maybe the Wednesday ice cream happens when someone from the church offers to pay. 

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 8

Late to the party and lost the quotes, but…struck by “I will love her PROFUSELY till my DYING day” for Nurie and all the exclaiming about what a tremendous gawdly witness she is and how PROFOUNDLY MATURE she was toward all her siblings vs “Happy birthday, Bud” for Tim.

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 3
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm highly skeptical that Jill and David have a tradition of taking the kids out every Wednesday night for ice cream and goodies. Jill would have mentioned it before now. Maybe the Wednesday ice cream happens when someone from the church offers to pay. 

Or maybe just Jill and David get the ice cream and the kids get to watch.

• Sad 5
  • Angry 1
  • Applause 2
3 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Or maybe just Jill and David get the ice cream and the kids get to watch.

Yeah, the boys are conveniently "fasting," and the older girls are on diets. 🙄

I would hope the littles get something. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, the boys are conveniently "fasting," and the older girls are on diets. 🙄

I would hope the littles get something. 

That’s why Jill is always doing the reset 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)
18 hours ago, crazy8s said:

They also probably pray strangers leave pennies by Sandy the horse so baby/toddler Janessa can use them all for rides.

(people always leave pennies by the horse at our meijer)

Came here to say this.  So each kid probably gets to share a couple of scoops of Superman ice cream with their siblings, followed by a ride on Sandy, regardless of how old they are - while the customers give a wide berth to the crazy blonde lady screeching at her kids to smile while she films them each taking a turn on the horsey and the employees are like, oh no - they're back.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Sad 10
On 3/31/2024 at 3:11 PM, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Why throw in the “I sat on my toilet” it added nothing to the story besides telling everyone you were shitting. I know it’s the holiest purest shit of all of us. 

She might have just been peeing... I doubt she would do that standing up. Not even so much for the impracticality as because that "pertaineth to a man". Regardless, it doesn't seem particularly "mahdest" or godly to interject random bathroom information into a post that has nothing to do with where you were.

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

My first thought at seeing the rod kids in the crosswalk was that they look like cult members (based on their clothing and how they are all grouped together) and that I would have stayed far away from them. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 4
2 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

My first thought at seeing the rod kids in the crosswalk was that they look like cult members (based on their clothing and how they are all grouped together) and that I would have stayed far away from them. 

They’d chased you down to hand you a tract and try to convert you even if you were far far away.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

She might have just been peeing... I doubt she would do that standing up. Not even so much for the impracticality as because that "pertaineth to a man". Regardless, it doesn't seem particularly "mahdest" or godly to interject random bathroom information into a post that has nothing to do with where you were.

True, but this is Jill.

She must have been hanging out on that toilet for a long time and for a good reason (probably courtesy of Plexus) to justify mentioning her location. 

• LOL 11
54 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

True, but this is Jill.

She must have been hanging out on that toilet for a long time and for a good reason (probably courtesy of Plexus) to justify mentioning her location. 

She wasn't on Plexus yet. She probably took something like ExLax. 

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She wasn't on Plexus yet. She probably took something like ExLax. 

You're right. She was sitting on the toilet looking at other MLM opportunities when her life-changing, holy Plexus, journey began. Part of her pitch to David was her "gut issues," so maybe she was trying something reasonably priced. 

Were they living in an RV eight years ago, or were they in the WV grifted house? I'd hate to think she was doing paperwork in the one RV bathroom 10(?) people were sharing. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
37 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Were they living in an RV eight years ago, or were they in the WV grifted house? I'd hate to think she was doing paperwork in the one RV bathroom 10(?) people were sharing. 

In march 2015 they were still in the rv with Jill asking for leads on a house. Sofia was born in July 2015 and they were still living full time in the rv.

The family blog posted their new w virginia address in a fall 2015 post asking for money.

• Useful 9

Do you all remember Sierra Jo Dominguez?  She was on the Duggar’s show a time or two providing the food for some kind of shower. (Bridal?  Baby?  I don’t remember.)  Anyway, she’s pregnant with Baby #8.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 3
26 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

After she made the pottery her full time job, I had hoped she was done. Oh well. 

And she was big pregnant while managing Jill's wedding. The one with the melted root beer floats. 

I thought that was Jessa. 

• Like 2