Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

3850A404-69BC-4A07-BA5D-94C8AC472996.jpeg

Do you think she cut their hair 11:40 am or pm? Jill showed off cutting everyone’s hair. 

She posts the most boring/mundane things 

for what reasons I don’t get… 

I vote for PM. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 5

That baby doll is terrifying, and also that's a lot of perm rods in Jill's cosmetology table.  Haven't seen a colorful selection like that since the early 80's.

• Like 9
  • LOL 6
14 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

That baby doll is terrifying, and also that's a lot of perm rods in Jill's cosmetology table.  Haven't seen a colorful selection like that since the early 80's.

I think it is one of those Reborn baby dolls that Jill managed to scam someone for a few years back.  They're creepily 'lifelike'.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
30 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I spied those perm rods as well!  

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Do you think she cut their hair 11:40 am or pm? Jill showed off cutting everyone’s hair. 

Neither here nor there, but I think the photo is flipped… so the time on the clock is closer to 1:20. Of course, that still doesnt answer the am v. pm question. 😁

Just now, Zebopzebop said:

Neither here nor there, but I think the photo is flipped… so the time on the clock is closer to 12:20. Of course, that still doesnt answer the am v. pm question. 😁

• Like 5
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I will never forget the look of perm rods. Although my stylist tended to keep them in color coded drawers. 😂

I had naturally curly hair but after my son was born, I really lost the curl. I went to Fantastic Sams and asked for a "soft" perm. She used the smallest rods all over my head. I looked like a brillo pad.  I cried, I got my money back..... the offered cholesterol conditioning treatments. I went once. A friend told me about a pricey salon she went to. They were shocked by the treatments the place had offered. They recommended some leave in conditioner and it made a huge difference in my hair. It didn't look as fried and brillo pad like. Really softened my hair. 

Perm rods scare me to this day. Thank God, I got my curl back. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 16
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Why would she need perm rods?  All of her daughters have absolutely straight hair.  No perms on any of them. 

My guess is Renee was the last to have a perm, which ate up her hair.

But anyway, JillR is a hairdresser so wearing a cape and having perm rods makes it real - too her.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
19 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

So neat! 

Ahem. “So, neat,!” is the proper way to write it 😂

7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I was wondering which nephew that baby was. Thank goodness it isn’t a real baby. It looks miserable and uncomfortable. Not that this would ever stop a Rod, but…

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
6 hours ago, Zebopzebop said:

Neither here nor there, but I think the photo is flipped… so the time on the clock is closer to 1:20.

Yep.  The roman numerals on the clock are reversed.  image.png.4db8305ca80986a5630a29d7a9a86c36.png

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

You all are assuming the clock even works. I bet the battery died three years ago, and sexy hunk has been too busy to change the battery out. 

good point.

Though I would guess the clock works. There are so many dang clocks in the barndo, even the "nursery" had one. I would also guess pm because Jill so often shows them doing things like having birthday cake at 11pm.

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

You all are assuming the clock even works. I bet the battery died three years ago, and sexy hunk has been too busy to change the battery out. 

The clock works. The minute hand bounced around in the video as Jill didn't edit them in the order filmed. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

3533178F-494E-42C1-91F3-C44EED626011.jpeg

That belt buckle with american flags saying "love it or leave it" is certainly something.

Sam is surely so happy he might be off the grift tour.

I do hope Samuel's excellent job isn't selling insurance with Timothy.

• Like 13
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Her hair video is fast but if you squint the clock moves, it works.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, awaken said:

I’m curious what his “exceptional” job is!

Being Jill’s free roadie/set up guy? And probably working for Jonathan.

Sammy stop smiling now you have to work and hand over your paycheck to mama and papa.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
(edited)

I guess he gets a graduation ceremony at church in June. I guess that fuels Jill's ego. 

Speaking of whom, people familiar with the BOCES program note that the program didn't accept homeschoolers. Jill had to have been enrolled in evil PUBLIC SCHOOL!!!

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

people familiar with the BOCES program note that the program didn't accept homeschoolers

Are they saying  this is when Jill attended, or just currently? I ask because BOCES does accept homeschooled students currently.

• Useful 5

Jill asks, "How many of YOU have graduates this year?" 😉

And then she disables the comments.

I look forward to not being able to recognize Samuel if/when he ever gets to escape to college and eat real food for a few months before Mahmo yanks him back home because reasons.

• Like 15
12 hours ago, crazy8s said:

That belt buckle with american flags saying "love it or leave it" is certainly something.

Sam is surely so happy he might be off the grift tour.

That belt buckle, LMAO🤣. And the oh-so-manly one hand in pocket, too! This guy is no whimp!

12 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Have you heard him speak? Not likely. 

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

How do people who sincerely follow her miss this disingenuous attempt for attention? Disabling comments? I would be offended and pissed if I were someone who ever took her seriously.

• Like 8
16 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Have you heard him speak? Not likely.

Oh I know he does not speak well and he says he is shy. Both not good for a salesperson. I have also heard Timothy speak and apparently he tried, and is maybe already done with the trying to sell insurance gig.

I assume he is graduating in June officially because that is when their home church will have a little celebration. One where Jill can get up on stage and talk about Jill. Then Jill will commandeer the little celebration with cake afterwards to make it a rod family thing. Phillip's church graduation became David's 50th birthday party and Nurie's baby 2 gender reveal with the taco pinata.

• Like 5
  • Sad 8
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I look forward to not being able to recognize Samuel if/when he ever gets to escape to college and eat real food for a few months before Mahmo yanks him back home because reasons.

Jill has her FB settings set so that only her FB friends (or maybe just FB close friends) can comment.  Everyone (except people she’s blocked) can see what she posts though.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Are they saying  this is when Jill attended, or just currently? I ask because BOCES does accept homeschooled students currently.

No, this was when these people worked for BOCES back in the 90s.

• Thanks 1
(edited)

Timothy made a coffee bar in his house. Jill and a few children stopped by. Jill asked if he had to go cups for the coffee he was making them.

Screenshot from a video:

13B59666-D5E1-4CC9-8737-2E3DD8EC4976.jpeg

. Today’s lesson from Jill. 

AA461619-4303-47E3-AD29-8626D79BC80D.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 5
  • LOL 8
(edited)

Why do Tim and Heidi need 6 apparatuses for making coffee?  I mean I get that it seems to be Heidi's thing, but she'd better make darn sure she lives at least 100 miles away from her future mother-in-law, otherwise Jill will be over there with her waifs ordering skinny vanilla lattes with a dusting of cinnamon and extra whipped cream from Tim every other day until he has to file for bankruptcy.

As for Jill giving anyone a lecture about the proper use of a smart phone..... 🤐

EDIT: I thought about it for a minute and realize that I also have a drip coffee maker, an electric kettle and a French press, so... 🙃

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 6
  • LOL 16

"Popular parenting"? Is JillR speaking about the parents who give their 5 year olds smart phones with no restriction/locks/blocks on the phones? Oh, wait - those parents don't exist. Most "popular parents" restrict the ways in which their tweens and teens can use their phones.

Jill's othering is so divisive, and to me, quite disgusting.

• Like 10
  • Applause 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Fixed it for you.

Hopefully a woman who works, because I can’t imagine how he’s going to support a family. 

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Timothy made a coffee bar in his house. Jill and a few children stopped by. Jill asked if he had to go cups for the coffee he was making them.

Screenshot from a video:

Is this a new fundie trend? I’ve been hearing a lot about “coffee bars” lately. 

• Like 6
50 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Why do Tim and Heidi need 6 apparatuses for making coffee?  I mean I get that it seems to be Heidi's thing, but she'd better make darn sure she lives at least 100 miles away from her future mother-in-law, otherwise Jill will be over there with her waifs ordering skinny vanilla lattes with a dusting of cinnamon and extra whipped cream from Tim every other day until he has to file for bankruptcy.

As for Jill giving anyone a lecture about the proper use of a smart phone..... 🤐

EDIT: I thought about it for a minute and realize that I also have a drip coffee maker, an electric kettle and a French press, so... 🙃

It’s odd though, to meet a whole “coffee bar” full of pricey equipment. I dated a really wealthy guy a couple years ago, and although he did have an expensive espresso/coffee maker, y there was  no “bar” and it wasn’t treated as a big deal.  And one giant machine was enough!

• Like 5
44 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

So does this mean that "Bud" isn't ignoring "No Soliciting" signs and bothering people in coffee shops anymore? 🤔

Probably not. The ministry people who rolled through my MIL's senior living community needed permission and weren't paid. 

I bet Tim just stops by and god bothers the poor seniors.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
49 minutes ago, AstridM said:

It’s odd though, to meet a whole “coffee bar” full of pricey equipment. I dated a really wealthy guy a couple years ago, and although he did have an expensive espresso/coffee maker, y there was  no “bar” and it wasn’t treated as a big deal.  And one giant machine was enough!

I don't think any of his equipment is high end or expensive. But if you peruse Goodwill, you can get some nice equipment at excellent prices. 

I can't fault anyone for enjoying the coffee game.

Jill, he was making an espresso.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Why do Tim and Heidi need 6 apparatuses for making coffee? 

Wait, there was no robot😂 like the one at the hospital that Jill went on and on about???

As for phones - she always does that generalized "other parents" thing so she feels superior, but in reality she knows few other parents who believe differently than she does. She never has a concept of "other parents" might actually know their children and make decisions based on that.

My 2 oldest grands, first was given a cell phone when starting middle school. Responsible kid, phone is heavily monitored. Next kid starting middle school in the fall has already been told no. Child knows and told me that is ok because "I would probably just leave it somewhere or get it taken away for watching stupid youtube videos".

• Like 10

Tim IS the coffee robot. 

Tim is gonna leave 100 smiley tracts in the nursing home while preaching to poor tired seniors. And they will be his captive audience and to get rid of Tim the seniors will accept Jesus! 

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Tim IS the coffee robot. 

Tim is gonna leave 100 smiley tracts in the nursing home while preaching to poor tired seniors. And they will be his captive audience and to get rid of Tim the seniors will accept Jesus! 

I wonder if Tim affiliates himself with his church? I don't know how nursing homes would just let him in to blather his fundie nonsense. 

• Like 4

I don’t know why any of Jill’s kids who live at home even need smart phones if they’re not working outside the home. They’re always together anyway and Jill heavily monitors the internet. They could get by with a land line for home and one (not smart) phone for the kids to share. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

I don’t know why any of Jill’s kids who live at home even need smart phones if they’re not working outside the home. They’re always together anyway and Jill heavily monitors the internet. They could get by with a land line for home and one (not smart) phone for the kids to share. 

I assume Phillip and Samuel need phones for work, and I bet they pay for them themselves. I've seen Renee with a phone next to her while collating crap in the printshop. She uses it to play praise music. I wonder what else she uses her phone for. Pictures for her Etsy? "Hopping on" Jill's Facebook?

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
15 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I assume Phillip and Samuel need phones for work, and I bet they pay for them themselves. I've seen Renee with a phone next to her while collating crap in the printshop. She uses it to play praise music. I wonder what else she uses her phone for. Pictures for her Etsy? "Hopping on" Jill's Facebook?

Yeah, for the ones who work the phones are useful. They could probably get by with “dumb” phones, though. I wonder if Jill and David have some kind of monitoring system for their internet use? 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video:

So only the grown children ( otherwise known as ADULTS) get smart phones, but then Jill monitors every move they make on it.  Note to Jill- )1 you’d better be the one paying for it then and 2). You do understand you have no legal right to tell your grown children what to do). 

• Applause 14
33 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Yeah, for the ones who work the phones are useful. They could probably get by with “dumb” phones, though. I wonder if Jill and David have some kind of monitoring system for their internet use? 

I bet she has trackers and Covenant Eyes. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1