Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, AgathaC said:

A lot of the non-denominational and conservative Baptist churches around here don’t. Always seemed odd to me, too. Easter has a bigger impact when you take the whole story into account.

I was an RN at a Catholic hospital and EASTER was not recognized. Nothing surprises me anymore. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I was an RN at a Catholic hospital and EASTER was not recognized. Nothing surprises me anymore. 

What? I had surgery at a Catholic hospital. Not only did I have a Crucifix on the wall in my room, I had someone come in to pray with me and give me Communion on Sunday. Easter week is a BIG deal for us. I drove by the church on my way  home last night and it was packed. 

12 hours ago, beckie said:

Renee doesn't look very happy.  Just sayin'. 

Her eyes aren't smiling. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 7
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, ozziemom said:

i wonder if Jill will have her usual Easter egg hunt with only one kid getting a chocolate rabbit.

I wonder if team Jonathan/Gideon will take down team Gabriel/Janessa this year.😂

• LOL 8

At $1.25 a bunny at Dollar Tree, Jill can afford to have two winners this year. 

And then there's dinner for family and friends. Will she serve her famous monochromatic holiday meal of a small incinerated ham, a machete-chopped pineapple, corn, pans of gooey, yellow something, and a quarter of a biscuit for everyone? 

dkucgz722ei51.webp.410a06536af2a9b45643a19d5a61e4ec.webp

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 14
38 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

And then there's dinner for family and friends. Will she serve her famous monochromatic holiday meal of a small incinerated ham, a machete-chopped pineapple, corn, pans of gooey, yellow something, and a quarter of a biscuit for everyone? 

I still can’t believe that she actually posted that nastiness on SM.

• Like 14
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Why is she so proud of that mess? She just ruined food!

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
(edited)
On 3/28/2024 at 12:19 PM, oliviabenson said:

Her poor girls will have to wrap each piece of junk up so it doesn’t get broken. Jill does nothing. 

Someone has to supervise, amiright?  

Jill had those kids to do all the grunt work.  Sad for them.

Edited by precious pupp
posted 2x, sorry
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

And the filter erased her nose.

Those stupid filters aren't flattering. Renee is a pretty young woman. She doesn't need filters. Her mother is projecting. 

1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Why is she so proud of that mess? She just ruined food!

And that meal was nowhere nearly enough food for the number of people at the dinner (the Rod family plus several other adults), yet she displayed the table with pride. Who among us would have posed with that disaster and put the photo  online? Jill's mind is a true mystery.

I would have supplemented the yellow with some Chinese takeout or sent Hunk to the deli and kept the burnt ham for the few sandwiches it would have made the next day. I really have no words for that pineapple. 

• Like 14
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I reported, maybe others might as well.

Done

The devil is in the house, according to this post of hers:

52E45BDA-9F1F-4D9F-A1F0-2DB535B7814D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4

Does Jill know what those words mean or she's so strong in narcissism that she can never see herself or David? She should be careful. Her readers may get a clue.

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I've worked in several Catholic hospitals in a couple different cities and Easter was observed in all of them.  It wasn't a paid holiday, but there were services in the chapel and special meals available in the cafeteria and for patients.  In one of them, every patient got a card signed by the hospital CEO commemorating the holiday along with some Easter candies if they were allowed.

• Like 9
  • Useful 4

Easter is always on a Sunday so its not a Federal holiday, so it doesn't have to be offered as a holiday. Most businesses close on Easter with the exception or emergency services, 24 hour services and of course hospitals.

• Like 2

Even Costco closes for Easter. I've seen more attention to good Friday observations from evangelicals lately although the lasagna dinner after the GF pageant one of my neighbors did sounded a bit jarring.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
3 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Well at least she didn’t claim to be a full time stay at home mom while also working  in this  Plexus monologue like she did in the last one. 

I dunno. She emphasized her BUSY life more than once. 

Add redundancy to her list of writing flaws. 🤪

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Punta Canta, DM

Serve my sweet Jesus 

8 years ago

Bro I’m howling, Jill should be a writer for SNL. She can be a great character. From Stefan to Jilldo the clown.

Why DM for DR? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
11 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Punta Canta, DM

Serve my sweet Jesus 

8 years ago

Bro I’m howling, Jill should be a writer for SNL. She can be a great character. From Stefan to Jilldo the clown.

Why DM for DR? 

I guess DoMinican 🤪

It's evident that she doesn't proofread her text. She made up words! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
11 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Punta Canta, DM

Serve my sweet Jesus 

8 years ago

Why DM for DR? 

Perhaps to go along with Jillpm? Jillpm at DM!
It is all about her, after all.

• LOL 8
47 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Wnat?  You've never shelfed one plan because you drempt of something else?

Why she could't refer to Amy's SIL as just that or call her a member of her extended family is just another mystery to ponder this Easter.

And, if makeup is so vain, why does Jill wear so much of it?  Why did she train in cosmetology?  Why does she ruin her daughters' eyebrows?  Or, is Jesus ok with circus makeup as long as she proclaims her lack of vanity?

Why has she shared makeup “tutorials” on SM?

• Applause 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

Were they titled, Don’t Try This At Home?

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 19
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

That's from when she used the cheapest makeup. No way she hasn't upped her makeup game in the years since she made those videos. After all, she's spending $13 on deodorant that she admits doesn't really work. 🙄

• LOL 8
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That's from when she used the cheapest makeup. No way she hasn't upped her makeup game in the years since she made those videos. After all, she's spending $13 on deodorant that she admits doesn't really work. 🙄

IDK, have you seen her makeup lately? 😆

• LOL 7

Another laugh-out-loud moment from the toilet Plexus post:

"After I asked my husband, he said, "Yes, you may try it.  That sounds like a good fit for you."  He also added, "I will purchase your FIRST month's worth of products, but after that, you are on your own!"  Whoo-Hoo !  I was so excited!"

When you're writing dialogue, Jill, please use contractions. David sounds like a robot in an old sci-fi movie. OK. Maybe he really does talk this way, but I kind of doubt it. 

So David shelled out for a month of Plexus? That's about two hundred dollars. Jill must have filled his mind with promises of lots of new income and much less time in the print shop. I hate to think what was sacrificed to come up with that money. 

• Like 13

K thanks. I don’t use Facebook 

A31405BE-946C-49D3-B7A5-FA8C108BBF97.jpeg

Look at her swollen ankle! Jill has circulation problems. Go see a doctor. 

Jill stop professing your love for him. We get it, you love him. 🙄

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
20 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Lots of interesting subtext in Jill's post:

Even though I wear a pound of expertly applied makeup everyday because I'm a licensed cosmetologist, God didn't want me to sell makeup because it's a vain thing to promote (except to my daughters).

I approached my husband, who was toiling away, as usual, in our home print shop, to ask his permission. 

I didn't want to sell Plexus just because we desperately needed the money since David quit his full-time job and I kept having babies, I just wanted to lose weight, have more energy, fix my gut problems, and outlive my diabetic grandmothers. I wouldn't have taken this job just for money. 

David paid for the first Plexus order (by not giving me grocery money), but by the second order, I had made so much money, I could pay by myself.

God doesn't like sick people because they can't serve him. 

Dave and I get dinners out, shopping sprees, and luxury vacations. We wouldn't have all that good stuff without Plexus. We spend the Plexus money on ourselves and use government aid and grifting for the kids. 

Since I always tell the truth and do everything the Bible says, I couldn't work for a company that didn't have the same values. Plexus, Inc. and I are alike in so very many ways. 

I pray a lot for my downline of six. I pray that they'll meet sales quotas and recruit other suckers. That's the only way I can afford my monthly purchases and have a some left over. Mostly, I earn points, and it takes a lot of points to get anything. 

Plexus has made me closer to Jesus than anything else I've ever done. It's my ministry. Jesus loves to see me shilling overpriced creams and vitamin drinks to struggling families, so I simply glow with holy radiance.

By joining my down line, you can bask in God's love just as I have. Since Plexus is an MLM, I'll benefit from your work, and I'll glow even more. 

Laugh Laughing GIF

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

Was there a sale on used white bridesmaid dresses at the thrift store? The older girls are all wearing the same dress, including Nurie in Florida. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, PradaKitty said:

Was there a sale on used white bridesmaid dresses at the thrift store? The older girls are all wearing the same dress, including Nurie in Florida. 

I think those are retreads from Kaylee's wedding. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Those are their future wedding dresses. Jill is not paying for new wedding gowns for 9 daughters.

To answer your question I don’t know 

• Like 2