Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

The baby who will be six years old April 11th.

Serious question - has Jill ever posted about Janessa being "saved" or getting baptized? I don't recall seeing that from Jill. I have had no luck finding it on either the blog or jill's fb.  Sofia was 5 1/2 when she was baptised. Olivia was not quite 5.

It seems most of the others professed their sinfullness and fear of going to hell at age 4-5. They then repeated the words dad and mommy told them to repeat and all was good for the rod kid to have a place in heaven.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill, you joined a pyramid scheme. And your trip was NOT fully paid. You paid airfare, and got what you paid for. 😂

And she signed Rene up and probably paid for that plexus package. So I wonder how much that free trip to DR actually cost her? Lol what a dummy and her followers are just as dumb for selling plexus. 

• Like 8

She needs to decide how she wants to look in her filtered pictures, and then do the same each time.  She looks totally different in these pictures than she does in others.  Pick a lane and stay in it.  How about being honest and NOT using filters???

• Like 10
  • Applause 11
26 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

She needs to decide how she wants to look in her filtered pictures, and then do the same each time.  She looks totally different in these pictures than she does in others.  Pick a lane and stay in it.  How about being honest and NOT using filters???

But then she might look like a woman who had 13 children. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 18

Jill posted a video of the family out for pizza…

in this video, Olivia is holding onto the Mountain Dew for dear life. Then the camera pans to Renee who clearly just takes a bite for the camera. Meanwhile, beside her, Samuel is eating his piece of pizza like it’s the first thing he’s had for weeks and he won’t have another anytime soon. These people disgust me. 

• Sad 18
  • Angry 1

I saw that video too, along with a comment from Jill that she was trying to get her entire brood to take their first bite all at the same time for her filming purposes.  Sure, set some pizza in front of your brood of hungry waifs and delay them eating it until they understand your stage direction and choreography.  Just let them EAT.

I also saw a picture of the back of Jill's head with the explanation that Sadie did Jill's hair while Jill was busy entering in all the information from the dozen(s) of women attending her retreat and I have to say, Jill's hair has literally never looked so good.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1

==Jill was busy entering in all the information from the dozen(s) of women attending her retreat ==

I wonder what she was entering this time?  She posted previously that she was up all night before the flight to Punta Cana entering all the registration information for her retreat.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
33 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

She was probably calculating how many women she could feed from two heads of lettuce, a tomato, and a bottle of off-brand ranch dressing.

15 just like at home lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 15

And 1 pizza (8 slices?) for how many people? Family that size can eat 2-3 pies easily. 

It would have been cheaper to buy frozen pizza or make their own. 

It was certainly paid by a gift card. Jill and Dave only pay for their date nights. 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

And 1 pizza (8 slices?) for how many people? Family that size can eat 2-3 pies easily. 

It would have been cheaper to buy frozen pizza or make their own. 

It was certainly paid by a gift card. Jill and Dave only pay for their date nights. 

I think there was more pizza but  not enough regardless. I don't begrudge the kids a meal out (save them from Jill's horrific meals) but they always seem to be out having pizza. It is such empty calories, maybe the sauce counts towards something. 

And of course, this was from a gift card. 

• Like 6
55 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I saw at least 3 pizzas.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 5

I think Sadie should be in charge of doing Jill’s hair forever. She does a much better job than Jill.….as a matter of fact, she should do her sisters hair too. 

I wonder how good she is with tweezers…

• Like 4
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Around here 1 pie is $20-25. Wonder how much pizza is in OH.

Depends on the pizzeria and what you get. Our fave local place in a small town not far from the Rods runs $25 for a large with two toppings.  Little Caesar’s is still under $10 a pie if I remember correctly. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Since Jill always delays posting, maybe they went on 3/14 and got one of the pizza deals for Pi day.

Surely they know about that from their excellant home school right?? 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 17
37 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Since Jill always delays posting, maybe they went on 3/14 and got one of the pizza deals for Pi day.

Surely they know about that from their excellant home school right?? 🤣🤣🤣

I bet they did and  homeschooling had nothing to do with it. I know around here everyone and their mother was advertising deals. 

• Like 7

Stormy Daniels, fundie edition. Except Real Stormy has brains, guts, and a work ethic, which Jill has never had and will never have. Also, did Jill run out of nail polish and decide to use Wite-Out? 

JHC, she looks like hammered shit. Look at how she Photoshopped the left side of her face. OMG. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Can anyone explain to me how one should "Bee Humble" when sitting on the potty?  I am not sure how those two things intersect.....

Courtesy flush?

• LOL 18

I'm amazed how clean Jill's stuff looks. It must be nice to have a small army of live-in help. I believe the daughters could better use their time by going to school, but that's just me. 

My house is dustier than I'd like, but I like to think that it's happy, educated dust. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Courtesy flush?

I wonder if Jill’s mother taught her to put the toilet seat down before you flush. 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Talk of Plexus reset leads to  showing her new purchase for what else, the bathroom.

6D3BA424-105C-4326-90A6-74B662960C3B.jpeg

E1B32E8D-91FE-4F7D-8504-ADF417034EAA.jpeg

Is the shelf crooked or the wall (or both)? The gap between the right side and the edge of the wall is not the same at the top and bottom of the shelf. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Talk of Plexus reset leads to  showing her new purchase for what else, the bathroom.

6D3BA424-105C-4326-90A6-74B662960C3B.jpeg

E1B32E8D-91FE-4F7D-8504-ADF417034EAA.jpeg

Surprised her toothbrush isn't next to the mouthwash on top shelf.

• Like 5

New shed purchase to get lawnmowers and such out of the printing ministry space. She said the electric bill last month for the printing space was $1,000. DONATE!!

screenshot from a video:

4646049A-1017-498D-A73C-DC5661E3E0AF.jpeg

• Mind Blown 13
(edited)
19 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

New shed purchase to get lawnmowers and such out of the printing ministry space. She said the electric bill last month for the printing space was $1,000. DONATE!!

screenshot from a video:

4646049A-1017-498D-A73C-DC5661E3E0AF.jpeg

She also commented that they sell their tracts at cost only. Except for foreign missions, which could be shipping only.  If they haven’t added things like the electricity and subsidizing the foreign missions into their cost figures, then  they should revise those figures. 

Or here’s a novel concept: open the printing business to at profit jobs.  Stop the constant travel so that the printing business could operate year round.  

How did they get a $1000 electricity bill when they weren’t even home for an entire month? Don’t they turn anything off?  They had a huge amount of firewood there- are they using electricity to heat the place? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 11
  • Applause 9

I thought that under their contract with the missions clearinghouse (from which they receive financial support), they agreed to provide tracts at cost + shipping, no profit, to the churches in that affiliation. 

I don't know if they also committed to not pursuing any for-profit printing jobs for customers other than those churches. I suppose if the clearinghouse is providing them with financial support, they would be expected to devote their time and energy to their mission: David as a traveling preacher, plus his talented spouse and kids coming along to provide the music and some uplifting talks for the ladies (wimmin can't preach but they can talk to ladies' groups). OTOH I don't think it's unusual for preachers and pastors in the IFB world to have jobs or businesses to help support their families, to supplement the funds they receive from their churches, missionary organizations, etc. 

I thought it was interesting that on their way to their big Plexus vacay, they delivered a bunch of boxes of tracts to a church in FL. Jill posted a photo of the boxes loaded into what I think was their van. I assume they calculated their "shipping" costs for those boxes as the gas for the van plus their expenses for the trip (food, etc.). Pretty clever. If they had just shipped the stuff via the USPS, UPS, or another shipping company, they wouldn't have gotten to FL on someone else's dime (in whole or in part).

I don't know if their contract with the clearinghouse defines what the "cost" of production means. Is it only paper + ink, or is there an allowance for overhead? 

So many questions. One being: if it's okay for Jill to pursue her (allegedly) fabulous and worthwhile Plexus "business," then why wouldn't it be okay for David to pursue some for-profit printing jobs? Hmm . .  

• Like 13
  • Applause 6
13 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Is the shelf crooked or the wall (or both)? The gap between the right side and the edge of the wall is not the same at the top and bottom of the shelf. 

The wall was put up by master carpenter David Rodrigues, and he probably put up the shelf too, so I'm gonna say both are crooked.

11 hours ago, Whatsinaname said:

Surprised her toothbrush isn't next to the mouthwash on top shelf.

Such an odd place for the mouthwash and deodorant. Must be extras/backups and not the items currently in use?

As for the printing ministry, David has printed things besides tracts. He did the godawful mailers for Joy Baptist Church after the Rods moved to Ohio, and he printed someone's book. I don't think he printed Jill's book about Amy Foster, but maybe.

I haven't listened to any of his sermons, but others have reported that he has said printing things besides the smiley tracts is too hard. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I thought that under their contract with the missions clearinghouse (from which they receive financial support), they agreed to provide tracts at cost + shipping, no profit, to the churches in that affiliation. 

If the churches do pay for shopping costs, why the need to DRIVE the tracts to Florida every year? Do they get paid for shipping and then also try to write off the gas and travel costs on their taxes? 

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
1 minute ago, AstridM said:

If the churches do pay for shopping costs, why the need to DRIVE the tracts to Florida every year? Do they get paid for shipping and then also try to write off the gas and travel costs on their taxes? 

I doubt anyone other than the Rods knows what their tax returns look like. 

Of course they'll drive the tracts to FL and collect the "shipping" to defray part or all of their trip expenses. That's better for them than just shipping via UPS or some other company with the church paying that cost. I'm assuming that the churches will be eyeballing the "shipping" costs and not paying the Rods more than they'd have paid for UPS or other shipping. But again, who knows?

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

Of course they'll drive the tracts to FL and collect the "shipping" to defray part or all of their trip expenses. That's better for them than just shipping via UPS or some other company with the church paying that cost. I'm assuming that the churches will be eyeballing the "shipping" costs and not paying the Rods more than they'd have paid for UPS or other shipping. But again, who knows?

And that "shipping" might include meals, maybe a sweatblouse for Jill.... 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I didn't do a deep dive, but maybe the Rod's electric bill was high "last month" is because its actually 2 or 3 months.

Also thier bill would be high because they are up late at night and have pretty much every single light in the barndo and the map turned on. This is shown is most every video at the barndo.

As far as the new shed, Jill's videos have never shown lawn mowers, lawn tools or bikes in the print shop. They have always been shown outside around the back of the house.

Videos of the print shop before the upstairs storage was added have shown laundry area, jill's "beauty shop" chair and grooming station, Sam's table saw and boxes upon boxes of jill's seasonal decorations.

I do hope they store all those gas cans in the shed. The pile of them in the printshop seemed unwise.

• Like 8
  • Useful 5
3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

So they’re taking their van, full of tracts, AND also taking their RV to Florida? Then they have to drive both vehicles back to ohio? I just don’t see the cost savings unless they’re using creative accounting.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, AstridM said:

So they’re taking their van, full of tracts, AND also taking their RV to Florida? Then they have to drive both vehicles back to ohio? I just don’t see the cost savings unless they’re using creative accounting.

If they can recoup the cost of getting the van to FL (and perhaps also the trip back to OH), that would probably be worth it for them. That way they have the use of the van to run around in while they're in FL and the RV is parked. I'm just speculating of course. I think they used to have a car they towed behind the RV; not sure if they still do that. The van holds two or three times as many passengers as a car would.

Edited to add: The RV has famously broken down once or twice in the last year or so. They may want to have the van along as backup. And who knows if David has decided that towing a car would put too much strain on the old RV? As I said, just speculating.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1