Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Madtown said:

Sadly, I think Edleweiss is still better(not by much)than Spurgeon.

The bar for fundie names is already so low, yet somehow Spurgeon comes along and asks everyone to hold his (non alcoholic) beer. 

• LOL 20
13 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

The bar for fundie names is already so low, yet somehow Spurgeon comes along and asks everyone to hold his (non alcoholic) beer. 

Okay, now that almost made me spit out my tea!!! Hysterical! 

• LOL 7

I'm so confused.

1- This crew literally goes on missions to convert Catholics and yet they name their kid after a song from a movie where all of the heroes are Catholic. 

2- If you want a name from the Sound of Music, you've got Maria, Liesl, Louisa, Brigitta, Marta, or Gretel (I would totally name a hypothetical daughter Liesl or Marta). Heck, you could even do Ilsa (the Baroness) if you wanted to be subversive. 

3- There are 0 references to God in the song Edelweiss except for the word "bless" but it's kind of implying that the singer is asking the flower for a blessing, so isn't that kind of sacrilegious? 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Janessa no longer has a nursery (crib), she has a bedroom (bed). It was a surprise for her and she had no choices available to her. I didn’t realize her room was off the hall by the kitchen, I thought it was off Jill and David’s room.

An electrical nightmare…..

39C8792C-2FBA-4077-B001-CC7BC18F37D2.jpeg

FA9F8820-0ED4-458A-9A0E-6758117DDDC7.jpeg

6684C642-C80C-4CF1-8958-DFC8651C5A8F.jpeg

4C892F54-576C-4887-A81F-5E9F497B8F1D.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 15
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1

In memory (cringe) to her dead sibling wall shrine is something. Wow Jill is truly unhinged. 

It’s like a tiny closet not a room. And why so much furniture? 

I think that bed is too small for her. She can sleep in a twin bed.

• Like 10
  • Sad 6
(edited)

She’s been sleeping in a crib and she’s soon to turn 6????? and yes, twin bed would be the appropriate size for a six year old.  Probably won’t fit in that room 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 3

Jill is begrudgingly allowing 6 yr old "baby" Janessa to progress all the way to 6 yr old toddler Janessa.  Moving forward maybe she will also be allowed a booster seat in restaurants and not be crammed into a high chair.

Hey Jill that is a closet, not a bedroom. Bedrooms need a window and closet.

• Like 14
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jill is begrudgingly allowing 6 yr old "baby" Janessa to progress all the way to 6 yr old toddler Janessa.  Moving forward maybe she will also be allowed a booster seat in restaurants and not be crammed into a high chair.

Hey Jill that is a closet, not a bedroom. Bedrooms need a window and closet.

How is that safe without a window? 

• Like 12
  • Angry 1
  • Useful 1

So great that Janessa had a clock in her room when she was in the crib. And now that she's 6, the clock is gone but a toddler bed arrives.

Two sisters have moved out yet they keep Janessa in a closet nook? Why not put her in with her sisters?

I get they impression Janessa stays up until she falls asleep wherever she is and someone eventually picks her up and puts her in the crib, and now the toddler bed.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1

does anyone else think the mattress is an inflatable? the lines on the bed make it appear so and under the pillow it appears the mattress is a bit short for the bed and there is some sort of spacer between the headboard and the mattress.

Screenshot (615).png

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 6
52 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

She’s been sleeping in a crib and she’s soon to turn 6????? and yes, twin bed would be the appropriate size for a six year old.  Probably won’t fit in that room 

If she removed the chair a twin might fit. Looks like only a bed would fit and maybe a nightstand. Why not put her in a living room and put a divider or a curtain around her sleeping area? Oh right it’s more important to have a living room than a room for her kids. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Janessa is no longer sleeping in a crib. She’s sleeping in a toddler bed! Jill just canNOT stop infantilizing her. And she still speaks to her as if she is two!!

That room is a joke.

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
(edited)
38 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Why not put her in a living room and put a divider or a curtain around her sleeping area? Oh right it’s more important to have a living room than a room for her kids. 

The thing is, she doesn't even need to do that. The girls' dorm/labyrinth is down Nurie and Kaylee. A toddler bed for a six-year-old (if you ever needed proof the poor waifs have stunted growth) should fit easily. 

Thanks to whoever it was who emphasized that BME had a actual almost six-year-old sleeping in a crib until this. My mind, she is blown, even by the usual Rod standards. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 9
  • Love 3
(edited)

Jill is a fk’ing POS.  Janessa is now the only offspring in that family who has her own room.  I don’t know that I’ve ever seen such favoritism.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Like 13

I’m happy that she’s happy and is getting something special, but the crib to toddler bed, and miscarriage shrine in a child’s bedroom is bizarre!

And why not give the private space (small and illegal as it is) to an adult living in the house (Renee or maybe sammers) who really needs it?  Why is Janessa alone?

• Like 13
  • Sad 4
3 hours ago, awaken said:

I’m happy that she’s happy and is getting something special, but the crib to toddler bed, and miscarriage shrine in a child’s bedroom is bizarre!

And why not give the private space (small and illegal as it is) to an adult living in the house (Renee or maybe sammers) who really needs it?  Why is Janessa alone?

Or Phil 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

All those cords! Yikes! 

In a closet with no windows! I wonder if there’s a way to report this.

17 hours ago, oliviabenson said:
11 hours ago, mythoughtis said:
  • Like 3
12 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

How is that safe without a window? 

It amazes me that Jill happily posts pictures of the interior of her house with nary a care that bedrooms don't have windows (against fire code, I believe all rooms need two exits, either via door or window), not to mention every single outlet in that place has about 14 plugs and extension cords snaking out of them.  I would absolutely love to see them get inspected, but I don't know how that happens unless they potentially get reported?

10 hours ago, awaken said:

In my mind, this is Jill's twisted way of keeping Janessa dependent on her.  By putting her alone in a big house, she could be fostering a fear in Janessa of being by herself, thus needing Mahmo even more.  And I am sad that this thought even occurred to me but Jill has her reasons for doing what she does.

• Like 6
  • Sad 7
11 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

In my mind, this is Jill's twisted way of keeping Janessa dependent on her.  By putting her alone in a big house, she could be fostering a fear in Janessa of being by herself, thus needing Mahmo even more.  And I am sad that this thought even occurred to me but Jill has her reasons for doing what she does.

I also think it is a way of keeping her the "baby". I get having a changing table with the grandkids however. 

• Like 10

lol There are FOUR lamps in that closet. What the actual fuck Jill. 

14 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I'm so confused.

1- This crew literally goes on missions to convert Catholics and yet they name their kid after a song from a movie where all of the heroes are Catholic. 

2- If you want a name from the Sound of Music, you've got Maria, Liesl, Louisa, Brigitta, Marta, or Gretel (I would totally name a hypothetical daughter Liesl or Marta). Heck, you could even do Ilsa (the Baroness) if you wanted to be subversive. 

3- There are 0 references to God in the song Edelweiss except for the word "bless" but it's kind of implying that the singer is asking the flower for a blessing, so isn't that kind of sacrilegious? 

"small and white, clean and bright, you look happy to greet me"

Its everything their cult values in a girl child. 

• Sad 12
  • Applause 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Janessa no longer has a nursery (crib), she has a bedroom (bed). It was a surprise for her and she had no choices available to her. I didn’t realize her room was off the hall by the kitchen, I thought it was off Jill and David’s room.

An electrical nightmare…..

39C8792C-2FBA-4077-B001-CC7BC18F37D2.jpeg

FA9F8820-0ED4-458A-9A0E-6758117DDDC7.jpeg

6684C642-C80C-4CF1-8958-DFC8651C5A8F.jpeg

4C892F54-576C-4887-A81F-5E9F497B8F1D.jpeg

I don't know why I feel the need to look so closely at these pictures that Jill posts but they are oddly fascinating.

In addition to the highly inappropriate "memorial wall" in a child's bedroom, I notice what looks like a doll's detached head in a bucket, a flat yellowed pillow on a shelf that Jill is keeping for reasons?  And why does a 6 year old need an industrial-type clock in her room - something you would see at a bank?

Outside her room in the hallway, what am I looking at - a lighted set of shelves containing Willow Tree figurines?  What is this woman's obsession with lamps and cabinet/shelf lighting in multiple spaces of every single room?  How is their electric bill not $15,000 a month?

I always did like those "hidden pictures" pages in my Highlights magazines as a kid...this is the twisted and scary version of that, I guess?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 24
4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I don't know why I feel the need to look so closely at these pictures that Jill posts but they are oddly fascinating.

In addition to the highly inappropriate "memorial wall" in a child's bedroom, I notice what looks like a doll's detached head in a bucket, a flat yellowed pillow on a shelf that Jill is keeping for reasons?  And why does a 6 year old need an industrial-type clock in her room - something you would see at a bank?

Outside her room in the hallway, what am I looking at - a lighted set of shelves containing Willow Tree figurines?  What is this woman's obsession with lamps and cabinet/shelf lighting in multiple spaces of every single room?  How is their electric bill not $15,000 a month?

I always did like those "hidden pictures" pages in my Highlights magazines as a kid...this is the twisted and scary version of that, I guess?

Yea, why so many lamps? Maybe to make up for the lack of a window?!! 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 10
(edited)
23 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I am the same. Always watching what's in the background behind whatever scene Jill is presenting. I particularly liked Samuel in the background trying to remove the changing table and having to stop and unwind numerous electrical cords that were wound through it.

Also interesting to me they had a crib this whole time for the "baby" yet put a pack and play for nehemiah in the firetrap upstairs attic guest room nursery/sewing room/prayer closet.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 12
1 hour ago, ranchgirl said:

4 to 6 pictures of her mom in her tiny room. 

Jill claims that Nessa did not want to leave her crib.  

If Jill had been able to produce another blessing poor Nessa would have been out of the crib whether she liked it or not. 

I hope Jill realizes that it's time to hand the crib down to one of her grandchildren and isn't still hoping to have another baby. I think that ship has sailed. 

• Like 15

As disturbing as it is to see, Janessa was in a crib, I'm also questioning the changing table? Is that girl potty trained or did she just get potty trained and that's why they got rid of it? I don't see a reason to need to keep that in her room this whole time, just to get rid of it now.

• Like 9
7 minutes ago, Madtown said:

As disturbing as it is to see, Janessa was in a crib, I'm also questioning the changing table? Is that girl potty trained or did she just get potty trained and that's why they got rid of it? I don't see a reason to need to keep that in her room this whole time, just to get rid of it now.

She mentioned using it for the grandkids, but why leave it there? Unless the kids napped or slept there when visiting. 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I am the same. Always watching what's in the background behind whatever scene Jill is presenting. I particularly liked Samuel in the background trying to remove the changing table and having to stop and unwind numerous electrical cords that were wound through it.

Also interesting to me they had a crib this whole time for the "baby" yet put a pack and play for nehemiah in the firetrap upstairs guest nursery/sewing room/prayer closet.

The same room upstairs where Phillip was living?

(edited)
20 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Correct room, no confirmation that Phillip is staying there and not back in the boys' room. 

I think Phillip is back up in the upstairs attic. He has been home since christmas and Jill posted video of school time with Samuel at a desk in the boys room and Gabe practicing banjo and there was still just the one set of bunk beds in the boys room.

Renee stated on a recent grift stop Phillip lives with us, but doesn't travel with us because he goes to online bible class and works full time.

Maybe he can buy a trailer and put it in the yard so mama can claim "he lives near us, but not with us" like she did with timothy.

The upstairs attic has this space.

Screenshot (170).png

Edited by crazy8s
added "upstairs" to attic for clarity and laughs
  • Like 3
  • Useful 4
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think Phillip is back up in the attic. He has been home since christmas and Jill posted video of school time with Samuel at a desk in the boys room and Gabe practicing banjo and there was still just the on set of bunk beds in the boys room.

Renee stated on a recent grift stop Phillip lives with us, but doesn't travel with us because he goes to online bible class and works full time. Maybe he can buy a trailer and put it in the yard so mama can claim "he lives near us, but not with us" like she did with timothy.

The upstairs attic has this space.

Screenshot (170).png

Isn't that the sewing nook?

5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Isn't that the sewing nook?

yes, off the attic guest bedroom. To the right of the sewing machine it seems there was also a small prayer closet space.

• Useful 3