Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

The swim attire is just so unnecessary.  They don’t swim when other people are around to see them, so why go to these extremes?     There’s plenty of swim suits that have small shirts attached that cover the top of the thighs.  If Jill can go sleeveless, the rest of them can too  

Well, they can't always avoid people in public areas and Jill posts photos of everything anyway, so the only way to keep up the performative modesty cosplay is to swim in totally unsuitable clothing. 

The next thing we'll see is a rebellious Rod daughter cutting the sleeves and neckline of a shirt to make it easier to swim in. Where would she get such an idea? 

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
20 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Well, they can't always avoid people in public areas and Jill posts photos of everything anyway, so the only way to keep up the performative modesty cosplay is to swim in totally unsuitable clothing. 

The next thing we'll see is a rebellious Rod daughter cutting the sleeves and neckline of a shirt to make it easier to swim in. Where would she get such an idea? 

I really, really, really hope there is a rebellious Rod daughter!

• Like 14
(edited)

There is a girl pictured behind Renee in the recent swimming pic at the springs in florida who seems to be the friend who had the tea party with Nurie and Hannah Keller.

She graduated last spring and had full on southern belle pics done. She is the one who reposted the training your child for church from the Pearls. About making them sit on a chair at home silently, while listening to recorded sermons and correcting them until the knew how to sit through church in silence.

I fear this is an attempt to set up for Samuel with a godly mawdest wife. She is the farthest away possible from him in the pic and he is wearing long pants this one time when the rod boys have been shown swimming in board shorts or long bathing suits for at least 10 years.

old pic from 2013 showing rod boys in shorts at the beach

Screenshot (610).png

Edited by crazy8s
clarity, I hope
  • Useful 6
9 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

There is a girl pictured behind Renee in the swimming pic who seems to be the friend who had the tea party with Nurie and Hannah Keller.

She graduated last spring and had full on southern belle pics done. She is the one who reposted the training your child for church from the Pearls. About making them sit on a chair at home silently, while listening to recorded sermons and correcting them until the knew how to sit through church in silence.

I fear this is an attempt to set up for Samuel with a godly mawdest wife. She is the farthest away possible from him in the pic and he is wearing long pants this one time when the rod boys have been shown swimming in board shorts or long bathing suits for at least 10 years.

from 2013

Screenshot (610).png

How will he support a wife? Does he work? Ugh, why bother asking, most of these people barely work if at all. 

• Like 7

A couple of positives (I know, they are few and far between).   

The younger kids, including the babies, are wearing life jackets.  They may have used car seats (if they are lucky) and will soon be swimming in ditches in street clothes, but they do have life jackets for swimming with the turtles.

The birthday post from Heidi's mom was genuine and very, very nice.  It was about Tim, and not the sender.  I do have some hope for Tim.  For his sake, September can't come soon enough.

• Like 15
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

She is the one who reposted the training your child for church from the Pearls. About making them sit on a chair at home silently, while listening to recorded sermons and correcting them until the knew how to sit through church in silence.

So she’s a teen without any children or real life experience, yet she feels like she can share tips on raising kids? 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 2
  • Wink 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

There is a girl pictured behind Renee in the swimming pic who seems to be the friend who had the tea party with Nurie and Hannah Keller.

from 2013

Screenshot (610).png

Something is up if they brought her back from Florida. 👀

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3

Did they bring her back from Florida?

The swimming picture at the springs show Nurie and Nathan and is in Florida.

Jill has ❤️ several of this girl's posts since the tea party in Jan.

Screenshot (609).png

• Useful 5
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (609).png

I thought Jill posted that the springs were in Ohio. I was likely reading too quickly. 😀

Yes, I read too quickly. I took the Oh as Ohio, not the beginning of her next sentence. LOL 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

I'm actually surprised any of us can figure out what Jill is posting most of the time.  Between misspelling, poor sentence structure, the deluge of commas, and bad grammar I'm thinking we should all be proud we all have a degree in Jillese.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 17
46 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (609).png

Mrs. Jill? LOL. 

45 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I thought Jill posted that the springs were in Ohio. I was likely reading too quickly. 😀

Yes, I read too quickly. I took the Oh as Ohio, not the beginning of her next sentence. LOL 

I read it that way too, at first. 

28 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I'm actually surprised any of us can figure out what Jill is posting most of the time.  Between misspelling, poor sentence structure, the deluge of commas, and bad grammar I'm thinking we should all be proud we all have a degree in Jillese.

Don’t Forget the random Capitalization!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

ill looks like she's been thrashing around crying for hours. It is because she forgot to buy Tim a birthday cake, because she knows this is the last birthday he's under her total control, or because she used an odd filter that didn't do what she expected?

Maybe she's heartbroken because Timothy forgot to buy her a "Thank you for giving birth to me on this day, Mahmo" present.

• LOL 11

Ponce de Leon Springs is a state park in Florida. Jill is playing with time again. 

The next stop is the Ladies' Retreat in Berlin (?), Ohio. Stay tuned for the Dump-of-Decor from the upstairs attic or new upstairs print-shop attic and the Fun-with-Fonts printed material from She-Who-Has-a-Passion-for-Graphic-Design.

Jill needs cash to pay off Dave's credit card from the Punta Cana vacation, so she may decide to cut back on the conference lunch. An iceberg lettuce salad with a slice of bread and a side of stale potato chips should be enough. 

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Ponce de Leon Springs is a state park in Florida. Jill is playing with time again. 

The next stop is the Ladies' Retreat in Berlin (?), Ohio. Stay tuned for the Dump-of-Decor from the upstairs attic or new upstairs print-shop attic and the Fun-with-Fonts printed material from She-Who-Has-a-Passion-for-Graphic-Design.

Jill needs cash to pay off Dave's credit card from the Punta Cana vacation, so she may decide to cut back on the conference lunch. An iceberg lettuce salad with a slice of bread and a side of stale potato chips should be enough. 

Does she have any say in the menu? That would be interesting, given Jill's relationship with food. Although her problems are more from a cooking standpoint; she doesn't seem to have any qualms about eating. Her frequent date nights bear this out.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I did the same thing initially.  I kept thinking that it was probably awfully cold in Ohio this time of the year to be swimming! 

• Like 5
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I did the same thing initially.  I kept thinking that it was probably awfully cold in Ohio this time of the year to be swimming! 

But I thought, hey, the springs are warm! Haha, I fooled myself. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

There is a girl pictured behind Renee in the recent swimming pic at the springs in florida who seems to be the friend who had the tea party with Nurie and Hannah Keller.

old pic from 2013 showing rod boys in shorts at the beach

Screenshot (610).png

No hats in the older pic of course, and the kids are all squinting in the sun. 

• Mind Blown 1

Mahmo why she wore a too small jacket? Its Florida aka hot.

Neat and date 🙄. Does Jill know no other words??? 

Of course Nurie paid for their date lol. 

Why Dave didn’t go? He loves free meals!

Unless Dave and Nathan went on a sweet fellowship date..:

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
39 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Nurie paid for dinner. 

Nurie/Nathan have paid for everything from the moment the Rodrigues crew arrived. When does Jill ever spend money on anyone but herself (and maybe Shrek)? I don't know how Nathan affords these visits since Jill doesn't hold back on asking for meals, sightseeing, shopping, etc.

What's that picture behind Nurie and Jill in the restaurant? It looks like a prehistoric creature with skinny arms. What kind of restaurant is this? 

• Sad 7

"Nurie has set an impeccable testimony for her twelve siblings."   Yep, Nurie is setting the example that you better pay for Mahmo's meals, outings, etc.   

• Like 6
  • Sad 6

Nurie is the golden child. Nurie doesn't even have to try to be Mama's favorite out of the 13. 

Poor Kaylee works hard to win Jill's approval, and she'll never really get it. Kaylee even saved Nurie's life, for Lord Daniel's sake, by getting her out of the car Nurie had driven into a pond. Nurie got praised for surviving, and "andKaylee" got a banged-up face and honorable mention. 

If these two figured out the system, Nurie could save money, and Kaylee could save both time and money. 

• Like 15

Now that andKaylee has served her purpose by signing up for Jill’s Plexus group, she’s forgotten about again. Out of sight, out of JillR’s mind. andKaylee has a chance to redeem herself at the Ladies Modest Retreat next weekend, lots of opportunities to shower Jill with praise and gifts.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Nurie has always been the golden child.

From her high school graduation post by mama on the rod blog. Along with her bizarre senior photos and Nurie's list of what she wants in a gody husband. Note mama already had planned the moment "we walk you down the aisle".

"We are SO pleased to announce that our SWEET Nurie will be graduating from High school this June. We have home schooled her from the start and she has been a JOY to raise and SO obedient and pleasant!!

David and I have said OVER and OVER that we are SO thankful for the GODLY example she sets to her younger siblings! She has exemplified EXTREME diligence in every area of her life and for that, we will FOREVER be grateful to her."

"Also, Nurie looks forward to investing more time in her younger siblings and helping her Mama homeschool them."

"Nurie, our special first born, you are our angel – sent from God above to our home. We want to cherish each moment that God allows you to stay in our home until the day we walk you down the aisle. We are thankful for your EXTREME maturity as the oldest of 12 children and your flexibility to sometimes stressful, busy situations. You are a blessing to us. We are thankful for all the delicious meals that you cook for our large family and for the scrumptious desserts you bake us. Ymmm!"

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/beautiful-daughter-nurie-graduates/

• Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 6
On 3/15/2024 at 10:59 AM, BradandJanet said:

Jill looks like she's been thrashing around crying for hours. It is because she forgot to buy Tim a birthday cake, because she knows this is the last birthday he's under her total control, or because she used an odd filter that didn't do what she expected?

Tim looks fine. Is he back to working at the local airport? 

I’m almost certain that it’s a very old photo of when Timothy flew to Washington state and BME acted like he was moving to Hungary, never to be seen again.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Me too and I hope it’s Nessie!

I'm sure you meant Tessie, and I agree!  She's been over it for a while now.  Her sudden smile when Mahmo is filming gives her away.  She's very unhappy, and who can blame her?

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm sure you meant Tessie, and I agree!  She's been over it for a while now.  Her sudden smile when Mahmo is filming gives her away.  She's very unhappy, and who can blame her?

Nessie is Janessa's nickname. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

No, I meant 5-year-old Janessa aka Nessie who Jill so blatantly favors. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Nessie is Janessa's nickname. 

15 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

No, I meant 5-year-old Janessa aka Nessie who Jill so blatantly favors. 

Ah, so I get it now!  Thank you both.

I still want Tessie, especially, to escape from Mahmo, but I'm afraid that Nessie will be Jilly's mascot forever.  ☹️  Actually, any Rod kid escaping would be good.  They're so ill-prepared to live in the real world, though.  Shame on Jill and DBD.

• Like 10

Well, Tim's birthday party is in the barndo, so the Rods are definitely home. Are the Florida photos finally done?

I'm ready for the ladies' retreat. What will Jill wear this year? How will she make sure everyone knows she spent a week at a beach resort with "the Nationals"? What items from the upstairs attic will make it to the conference hotel? How much work will get dumped on poor Kaylee? Is Plexus Cures Everything sweet tea on the menu? Are the baskets of marked-down fruit making another appearance? Inquiring minds are waiting to find out. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 20
On 3/16/2024 at 2:59 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

She fancies herself a wordsmith, but all her attempts come out clunky, or just plain wrong. 😂

I was surprised nobody commented on her using swam instead of swum, but  I know I'm a very picky old lady. Maybe that has changed over the years?

Screenshot_20240317-212004_Brave.jpg

• Like 9
11 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I was surprised nobody commented on her using swam instead of swum, but  I know I'm a very picky old lady. Maybe that has changed over the years?

Screenshot_20240317-212004_Brave.jpg

I saw the verb form problem but was distracted by the capital "S" in that sentence. 

Editing the work of Best Homeschooling Mama Ever is a collective effort.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 15
5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I saw the verb form problem but was distracted by the capital "S" in that sentence. 

Editing the work of Best Homeschooling Mama Ever is a collective effort.  

My phone sometimes capitalizes random words. And I am too lazy to fix that 90% of the time. 

Now the rest yes it’s a group effort to fix her posts. 

• Like 6

8A646486-1A20-40E4-9F9A-EFB263FA552E.jpeg

This is a long one so I’m using the spoiler….

Spoiler

Many times people ask me how I do it all?  How do I have the energy?  How do I keep my figure after 19 pregnancies?  How do I earn an exotic trip to Punta Cana?  How, how, how?

To be honest, my first response would be....GOD'S GRACE!  😊  

My second answer would be.....doing things God's ways, is easier on the body.  No smoking, no drinking, no drugs, no working outside the home, but staying home with my babies to raise them, being faithful to my relationship with God and His Word, etc. has ALL played into me being healthier.  God's Ways work!  🥰  

Lastly (but certainly not least), I would answer - PLEXUS!  😁 Over 7 years ago, I wanted to contribute to the finances of our home.  I wanted to stay trim.  I wanted more energy.  I wanted natural answers in a pharmaceutical/drug happy culture.  😬  I was SO skeptical of SO many companies.  I did not want to partner with a scam, pyramid scheme, or anything short of a company run with excellence.  

My sister in law ( Joel-Betsy Foster Catlin  ) came to me and told me about Plexus!  I deeply trusted her and she told me of many others (that I fiercely trusted) that took Plexus, and had seen amazing results.  There were a TON of Christians in the company as well.  I asked my husband if I could give it a try and he said YES!  🤗  He has always passionately stood behind my efforts to grow an amazing team of brand ambassadors and VIP Customers, in whom I have come to deeply appreciate and love.  🥰  In fact, one of my teammates' daughters is marrying our son!  ( Ellen Vincent Coverett   & Heidi Coverett  ).  I mean, this is the closeness I am talking about!  😅❤️

Anyways, these products have continued to keep me SO energized.  I sometimes feel that my energy is through the roof and, I can accomplish anything I put my mind to. 💯 It has helped me naturally overcome health issues I struggled with for YEARS!  My husband and I took a FULLY PAID trip by Plexus to Punta Cana in February.  

If has taken a consistent work ethic and prayer and passion to get where I am today, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. 🥰   It has turned into an incredible opportunity of ministry as well.  I pour into my team on a daily basis and pray for them.  I strive to encourage and love on them.  We laugh, cry and work passionately TOGETHER!  We are best friends!  👌 I LOVE the culture we have created within our team!  It is precious!  ❤️🩷

Does any of this "ring a bell" with you?  Let me say, there is ALWAYS room at our table for one more!  😊  Let us help YOU get the help, encouragement, guidance and inspiration you need to reach your health and financial goals!  😉

Remember,  with God, ALL things are possible!  We can do this TOGETHER!  💪 

Rejoicing at God's Goodness, Jill

• Mind Blown 5
  • LOL 19

Jill really regards herself as a supermodel, doesn't she?  🙄

Of course she sold DBD on her selling the pink shit.  I'm sure her pack of lies and bullshit was quite impressive on her hunk.  Did she give him the "come hither" look and lock the bedroom door?  🤮

• LOL 7

So how does JillR think this fundamentalist God thing work? Does she think he has a bulletin board with three columns - Good Deeds, Sins and Repents and he switches the push-pins accordingly? Because she spends a good amount of time telling untruths and taking advantage of folks. From my perspective I think the sin column is going to win out.

• Like 12
  • Applause 5