Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
22 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I thought that was Jessa. 

No, Jessa served basic ice cream in a parking lot on a 40 degree day. Jill's wedding was mid June (and an open refrigerator was more to blame for the melted floats). Sierra oversaw both receptions. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

No, Jessa served basic ice cream on a 40 degree day. Jill's wedding was mid June (and an open refrigerator was more to blame for the melted floats). Sierra oversaw both receptions. 

That is right! 

• Like 2

The VERY hurtful things are probably stuff the rest of us wouldn’t even think about a week later, let alone year(s) after the fact. For Jill a can of green beans is an attack on her. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 9

Jill is so sheltered/pampered she has no coping mechanisms. Everyone is against her/hurts her etc because she never dealt with conflict with her classmates/teachers/coworkers etc. precious snowflake Jill wouldn’t last 1 day at a real job.

• Like 17
  • Applause 4

Isn't Jill a bit late on the second issue of her quarterly magazine?

First issue was fall 2023 and the October 26th blog post about it says this

"If you desire to donate to help with the next printing and shipping of the magazine (early 2024), then please also e-mail Jill to ask how to donate to this need."

I assumed the girls night out photo shoot in florida with the matching outfits would be the next cover pic.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
4 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

We no longer can post screenshots including faces? 

meaning you tried and could not...or its posted somewhere?...I am beginning to think there is some legal issues coming from somewhere??? as in this site received a legal threat...its just been so weird....so so weird....

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
1 minute ago, Dimi1 said:

meaning you tried and could not...or its posted somewhere?...I am beginning to think there is some legal issues coming from somewhere??? as in this site received a legal threat...its just been so weird....so so weird....

I posted pics of Jill and it got removed. I assume we no longer can post screenshots with faces??? 

• Mind Blown 6
  • Angry 2
10 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I posted pics of Jill and it got removed. I assume we no longer can post screenshots with faces??? 

Message a Mod and ask, if you didn’t get a note explaining why. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Pass. I’m tired of trying to figure out this site and the rules. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

What would make this site different than Free Jinger for example, not to mention Reddit. 

• Like 5
47 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m so damn frustrated with all this. We need CLEAR instructions. If posts are problematic, let us know exactly WHY 🤷‍♀️.

19 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

What would make this site different than Free Jinger for example, not to mention Reddit. 

Absolutely nothing, AFAIK. In fact, those get lots more views/traffic than this site ever has. 

• Like 12
3 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I’m so damn frustrated with all this. We need CLEAR instructions. If posts are problematic, let us know exactly WHY 🤷‍♀️.

Absolutely nothing, AFAIK. In fact, those get lots more views/traffic than this site ever has. 

i just popped over to a Duggar thread and there are front pics. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

i just popped over to a Duggar thread and there are front pics. 

We never post anything here that Jill hasn’t already posted publicly. 

• Like 11
42 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Pass. I’m tired of trying to figure out this site and the rules. 

You asked. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1
(edited)

the only thing I see in the guidelines is about not posting things from other sites like reddit.

Nothing about pictures. I looked back through the last 5 pages or so and all pics of minor children seem to be gone. As well as Jill's mom, the nephew and his wife etc. The easter pic of jill and dave is still there and oddly Kaylee and Jonathan with Gideon.

Were there Easter pics of the Keller family posted here or the entire rod family posing in easter outfits? if so, those are gone.

No Janessa waiting to see her bedroom, just the room.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 6
12 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

the only thing I see in the guidelines is about not posting things from other sites likes reddit.

Nothing about pictures. I looked back through the last 5 pages or so and all pics of minor children seem to be gone. As well as Jill's mom, the nephew and his wife etc. The easter pic of jill and dave is still there and oddly Kaylee and Jonathan with Gideon.

Were there Easter pics of the Keller family posted here or the entire rod family posing in easter outfits? if so those are gone.

No Janessa waiting to see her bedroom, just the room.

Duggar pics are still there. Maybe the Rods are extra special for some reason? 

• LOL 6
On 3/29/2024 at 3:23 PM, PradaKitty said:

I don’t think they recognize Good Friday or Monday (Holy) Thursday. Just Easter. 

My phone doesn’t recognize Maunday Thursday either!!

I had never heard of Maunday Thursday until this year when my Catholic boss mentioned it.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I had never heard of Maunday Thursday until this year when my Catholic boss mentioned it.

I'm Catholic, 8 years of Catholic school and I don't remember ever hearing about it back then. 

• Like 5
(edited)

Twelve years of Catholic school here. I never heard it called Maundy Thursday. Catholics refer to this day as Holy Thursday. Maundy Thursday is.more common in the Protestant religion. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 7
1 minute ago, 65mickey said:

Twelve years of Catholic schools here. I never heard it called Maundy Thursday. Catholics refer to this day as Holy Thursday. Maundy Thursday is. more common in the Protestant religion. 

Yes. My co-worker is some Protestant denomination and she calls it that. 

• Like 2

From a devotion this week that reminded me of Jill:

Proud people are so proud about their supposed humility that they won't seek any help.

Pride can be blinding. It is possible to become so prideful and haughty that a person doesn't even recognize his or her own pride.

Such pride leads to disgrace: When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom (Proverbs 11:2).

Likewise, someone who is prideful thinks that he or she knows everything; such a person refuses to receive correction or instruction. Proverbs 13:10 says, Pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those who take advice.

Furthermore, pride leads to and causes destruction: Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall (Proverbs 16:18). This is because proud people are blinded to reality -- the reality of their sins.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, awaken said:

Clearly vaguebooking wanting us all to wonder what the hurtful things in 2022/2023 were. 😂

10 hours ago, Trillium said:

The VERY hurtful things are probably stuff the rest of us wouldn’t even think about a week later, let alone year(s) after the fact. For Jill a can of green beans is an attack on her. 

Over the past few years I've consumed more content than I really needed to, about the IFB world. Books, articles, documentaries on TV and YouTube, YouTube videos, discussion forums, podcasts . . . yikes, it's a lot just to type out here. I'm no expert but OTOH I've learned a few things.

One of my takeaways is that one of the IFB mindsets is: war and battle - and fear. They (the IFB folks who are the true Christians) are battling Satan, and the big wide world outside IFB circles is soaked in evil and run by Satan's minions. The IFB faithful are BIG into being PERSECUTED for being TRUE CHRISTIANS. 

So yeah, something in my everyday life might happen to me that gets me butt-hurt for a hot minute, but I'm soon over it. But if you're flying your flag as someone who's being persecuted by Satan because you're so dogly? I can see how you'd save up those little bumps and bruises of everyday life to put in your "See How I Suffered For the Lord" list. Especially if you have Jill's interesting type of personality. 

Just my two cents. I could be wrong.

• Like 15
  • Useful 7
10 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

So they won’t answer when we directly ask and tag them, but somehow they mysteriously swoop in and delete post and photos? What the heck is going on around here?

(uh oh. Boards on boards)

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Dunno....nothing makes sense on this ...

• Like 3

JillR pretty much shares every single problem or hurt her family experiences and then expects her cohorts to show their support with posts, money, houses, cars, clothes, etc. I don't think I know of a person who gets as much help, support and validation as Jill does. 

Jill is incapable of self reflection and accountability. Instead she blames others for what she sees as a lack of understanding.

It must be tough to be her, and to be around her.

• Like 12
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Instead she blames others for what she sees as a lack of understanding.

Except Ma who apparently just "gets it."    Which is probably just some head nodding and a very murmured "oh you poor thing" while Jill natters on about all the Satanic attacks she suffers.

• Like 19
(edited)

Jill is a product of her environment.   She has a steady diet of news and affirmations that reinforce her persecution belief.   She doesn’t talk to anyone that has a different opinion or belief than her.  Because she’s been told those people are looking to drag her down the path to evil.    Blue haired, pants wearing, independent females etc.  She has no clue that people who think differently than her are just trying to live their lives / just as she is.  She might figure it out if she wasn’t so fearful of having a conversation with them. 

In addition, she never went to school and learned the basic social and compromising skills that students around others do. She’s stuck in the grade school level of extreme hurt because someone looked at her funny.  The rest of us learned a long time ago that other people’s actions ( and facial expressions) often have nothing to do with us - because they are caught up in their own lives.  And are not paying attention to what color our hair is today. Nor are they usually trying to hurt us even when they make odd comments  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

From Jill's post, I gather that Ma has always comforted Jill and possibly encouraged her to feel the victim of every slight.  Ma is at least partly responsible for letting Jill suck the air out of every room she's in. Now she can only sit in her wheelchair and nod as Jill blathers on about how unfair the world is--to Jill. 

Of all the sisters, Amy has a clear reason to feel sorry for herself, but she doesn't seem to. Of course, Jill is the one who broadcasts her every thought to the world, so who knows what goes on with the rest of the Noyes family. 

• Like 16

Jill got another display thing full of more crap / figurines. Her kids are crammed into tiny rooms with barely any possessions and Jill’s possessions occupy 95% of the house. Her kids must dust hours daily.

• Like 1
  • Sad 12
(edited)
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

From Jill's post, I gather that Ma has always comforted Jill and possibly encouraged her to feel the victim of every slight. 

It is sad Jill seems to be passing that on to her children as well. Shown by Timothy's own admission of his need to be curt and unfriendly to people who don't agree with him.

Sadly, I believe rather than Jill comforting her children, she has instead raised them to comfort and placate mama at all times.

I recall one post Jill was feel down by negative sm or something and she told of Renee dragging out all the seasonal decorations to cheer mama's sad heart. The boys have often used their money to buy her flowers or trinkets and so on.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 8
  • Sad 10
47 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

It is sad Jill seems to be passing that on to her children as well. Shown by Timothy's own admission of his need to be curt and unfriendly to people who don't agree with him.

Sadly, I believe rather than Jill comforting her children, she has instead raised them to comfort and placate mama at all times.

I recall one post Jill was feel down by negative sm or something and she told of Renee dragging out all the seasonal decorations to cheer mama's sad heart. The boys have often used their money to buy her flowers or trinkets and so on.

I thought Tim said he was curt with women he thought were hitting on him. As if. 

• LOL 17
29 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I thought Tim said he was curt with women he thought were hitting on him. As if. 

more recently he had to be curt with a person in a coffee shop where he was trying to solicit/sell insurance and was told no and I believe he then felt he needed to be curt with employees

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

more recently he had to be curt with a person in a coffee shop where he was trying to solicit/sell insurance and was told no and I believe he then felt he needed to be curt with employees

Oh that's right. He wasn't getting his way and got a bee in his bonnet.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
(edited)
48 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I believe he gave the place a negative online review.  Because they wouldn't let him try to sell insurance to employees and customers during working hours, not because of any actual poor service or product.

And, since it was probably some sort of Christian insurance plan; he would be the first to claim he was being persecuted due to his faith.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 15
  • Sad 3
17 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I believe he gave the place a negative online review.  Because they wouldn't let him try to sell insurance to employees and customers during working hours, not because of any actual poor service or product.

And, since it was probably some sort of Christian insurance plan; he would be the first to claim he was being persecuted due to his faith.

yes, his claim/defense to being called rude and ignoring no soliciting signs was to leave a negative review, claiming the employee was curt/rude. His rational was "I am a licensed insurance agent and that's what i do, go into businesses 8 hours a day, 5 days a week to solicit business."

So timothy believes rules don't apply to timothy.

• Like 14
  • Sad 3

I'm not sure that Jill hasn't been the brunt of some pretty hurtful comments. I mean, she publishes her neglected children all over social media and one of her major activities is chasing people down in parks, laundromats and Walmarts to sell them the "correct" Jesus. I'm sure she has heard things that went well beyond "Oooh, sorry! Can't talk now. Byeeeee!" (Ie. my response to being waylaid on the street by Evangelicals, even if I am running through a list of snappy comebacks and Bible quotes in my head). 

Then again, we have had Satan attacking via green bean can, so maybe the "hurtful attacks" are just a dirty look and lack of resilience. I think, in the long run, it's pretty hard to say. Jill not at all backwards about coming forward when she has a problem that can be solved, or at least mitigated, by grift. On the other hand, when people are telling her that she is not, in fact, God's extra special chosen one (and feed your kids!), we all get treated to vague booking and fun with FU internet (I took the waifs to the pediatrician doctor and she said they're fine and I am the Best Mahmo evah, so there!). No one ever spills the tea about who said what to whom in these "attacks".

• Like 16