Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, lianau said:

There are probably a lot of very pregnant Australians who have to suffer through Australian summer every year . Heat or no heat , Australia is still  a country with first world medical services available and if I had to choose between Zambia  and Australia , I'd go for the latter .

Oh, so would I! But the idea of that magnitude of travel, to either place, while heavily pregnant would have been extremely unappealing and I'd have NOT been a happy camper had someone dragged me along.

• Love 6

The show indicated he had a mighty man crush on Josh, however.   I hope he was righteously unfulfilled.  He had to journal for his parents read every day for a few years before marriage, and these people are whacked off enough to actually tell the truth about their most private thoughts and feelings.  Hard to imagine.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Micks Picks said:

The show indicated he had a mighty man crush on Josh, however.   I hope he was righteously unfulfilled.  He had to journal for his parents read every day for a few years before marriage, and these people are whacked off enough to actually tell the truth about their most private thoughts and feelings.  Hard to imagine.

WHAT?!??   Oh that's....that's really disturbing.  My parents would never WANT to read a journal about my private thoughts and feelings.  For one thing they can't read my handwriting.  But even if it was neatly typed, they would not have wanted to know about my early adult dreams, thoughts, feelings, and the like.  It's not their business.  And it shouldn't have been David's parents' business either.   These people are disgusting.

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, EAG46 said:

WHAT?!??   Oh that's....that's really disturbing.  My parents would never WANT to read a journal about my private thoughts and feelings.  For one thing they can't read my handwriting.  But even if it was neatly typed, they would not have wanted to know about my early adult dreams, thoughts, feelings, and the like.  It's not their business.  And it shouldn't have been David's parents' business either.   These people are disgusting.

I assume you haven't read the story about 3 year old David's sinful character in need of saving because HELL  and how his parents thought marriage would be a great idea even though their son doesn't really want to get married and his future wife compares courting and marrying David to the crucifixion . It's all so romantic . Who doesn't want that ?

• Love 13

No they don't. The toddler bed can be seen, and both girls' names are on the wall. Alyssa showed us the beginnings of this about a month ago, when I was sure I could see the X that could confirm Lexi(e) Mae. Thanks to the Bates family member (or leghumper who knows her) who gave that one away. 

• Love 1

A three year old child can not sin.  A three year old child does not understand what the word "sin" means.  A three year old child still has trouble figuring out which shoe goes on which foot.   David didn't have a chance, did he?

• Love 20
38 minutes ago, EAG46 said:

A three year old child can not sin.  A three year old child does not understand what the word "sin" means.  A three year old child still has trouble figuring out which shoe goes on which foot.   David didn't have a chance, did he?

That's why the lovely concept of "original sin" is necessary. So that even a newborn can be perceived as vile, unworthy, and in need of salvation. With that in place, the child has no choice but to see themselves the same way as soon as they can even partly wrap their heads around the concept.

• Love 6

I'm not a fan of nicknames as first names, so Lexi Mae just grates. My husband's niece is named Alexandra and they call her Lexi for short, but at least she has the option of using a more formal name on resumes and for professional purposes when she's older. 

I wonder if Alyssa's house is only a two bedroom or they figured it would just be easier to keep both kids together for now. 

• Love 4
On 12/4/2016 at 7:27 PM, EAG46 said:

Control freaks don't believe anyone else has the right to boundaries of any kind. Control freaks tear all the doors off the hinges when they move into a house. If you don't speak for 15 minutes around control freaks, they demand to know what you're thinking and won't let up the demands until you make up something that they'll believe. Control freaks go through your wallet before you leave the house to go to work and take things out of it without telling you.

Control freaks claim the right to do all of the above and much more. Waller's control freak parents almost certainly think that Jesus gave them special permission to do it.

• Love 14

In an attempt to nip a growing trend in the bud, please don't recruit folks to comment on social media accounts of the Duggars and their friends etc. It's one thing to comment on it here, it's entirely something else when we start rounding up a posse. That's not the purpose of this site. While social media can be discussed here, it is not the primary focus of this site or forum. As a corollary to that, we don't need a running commentary on what people here have posted.

As always, please feel free to PM either @frenchtoast or @bigskygirl with any questions or concerns.

• Love 4
On 12/1/2016 at 6:08 PM, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, an excerpt form "What are you Doing"

There are thousands of Godly young people who want to get married, are ready to get married, and should be married… indeed should have been married long ago… who are not married. Their church, their friends, and their families have all prepared them for marriage, for early marriage, for early, fruitful marriage… and they are not married. There is no persecution, no law, there are no physical infirmities that prevent them from being married… but they are not married. This is not a ‘panic’, it is a crisis. We have many of the very best and brightest of our Christian young people who are already well past the flower of their age, and they are not married. That is beyond a crisis, it is a catastrophe. Scripture provides clear answers to this crisis: which we have ignored because they run counter to our culture. It is time that we began to take every thought captive to Christ, and throw off the chains of bondage to this world. It is time we ‘let them marry’.

On 12/1/2016 at 7:03 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Um, what is stopping them from getting married?

If you go to their site, you'll find out the sickening truth -- what they are advocating is parent-arranged marriages for children just past puberty. They have decreed that the terms "men" and "women" apply after puberty, no matter how young the person is, and that puberty means a child is ready for marriage. That is truly sickening when you consider how early the onset of puberty has become in recent decades. 

• Love 5
On 12/3/2016 at 6:52 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Uhm,  has anyone considered that Brandon might be the problem?  I don't think fundie men ever get tested. The Weissman spinster who married a 40 year old took, what, 2 or 3 tears to conceive? I don't follow her if she has social media, but her family never said anything. The Bateses seem to also respect privacy. I saw a pic of Michael today (probably from Thanksgiving), and she's definitely not pregnant. 

According to Gothard the problem of no children or no close together pregnancies is the fault of the female males never have problems . 

1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Jilly Rod is out hawking the virtues of Plexus.  Did it ever occur to her to feed it to her sickly brood of sallow, scabby, painfully thin children?

Why would she feed it to her kids  after all it would cost her money to buy it.

• Love 1

I don't know what the deal is with the Rodriguii, but they really need to sign up for the SNAP program. There's no reason those kids should look like something that came out of a refugee camp. If they were attending public school, they'd at least be able to eat breakfast and lunch for free. Funny though, because Mom and Dad certainly don't go without. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Jilly Rod is out hawking the virtues of Plexus.  Did it ever occur to her to feed it to her sickly brood of sallow, scabby, painfully thin children?

Good thing it costs too much to give to the kids.  The last thing those poor kids need is stomach cramps and diarrhea.

On December 3, 2016 at 10:39 PM, lianau said:

He wasn't very much into the idea of getting married to Michael (or anyone else for that matter ) so maybe he has "issues".

I think he has the same "issue" that David Waller has, if you get my drift.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I don't know what the deal is with the Rodriguii, but they really need to sign up for the SNAP program. There's no reason those kids should look like something that came out of a refugee camp. If they were attending public school, they'd at least be able to eat breakfast and lunch for free. Funny though, because Mom and Dad certainly don't go without. 

They don't want to apply for benefits because social services would be in their life.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

They don't want to apply for benefits because social services would be in their life.

This is actually true. In the fundie homeschooling world, there is a massive distrust of the government and CPS. Michael Farris and HSLDA spin it as though out of nowhere, CPS shows up at your door and drags your kids away forever because you homeschool. In reality, the only ones who need to worry are the ones who are horrendously abusing their children.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Does the poor sweet dear mean "making memes"? Or is there something really named "mems"? Just don't want to be left behind here since I'm old and all. In either case he's dumb as a post.

I think mems refers to memories.

• Love 2

One of my casual acquaintance FB friends just posted her baby boy's first Santa picture, and -- no lie -- the kid is wearing Phillip Waller's outfit from the dump truck/chopping block photoshoot. The mom is a non-fundie, so apparently dressing baby boys up like old men is the trend. The difference is that her baby is old enough to sit up and smile (I think about 5-6 months) so it looks kind of cute rather than pathetic. 

• Love 4

There was talk about who could succeed Gothard in the Dullard thread. I think the answer is right under our noses:

David Waller

I've been reading a lot of Scientology material lately, and the similarities between Waller and Miscavige are eerie: fully indoctrinated, second generation members, power hungry, worked closely with the cult leader, although in both cases, young enough to be the leader's grandson. Since Gothard's outster, Davey is traversing the country (and internationally next month) rousing the troops who may have become discouraged after Gothard's dismissal. Sure, IBLP still has a board that Davey W. has to deal with, but none of them seem to be stepping up. Miscavige lucked into his dictatorship. I definitely see Waller in full leadership in a few years. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Spellcheck, you suck
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

There was talk about who could succeed Gothard in the Dullard thread. I think the answer is right under our noses:

David Waller

I've been reading a lot of Scientology material lately, and the similarities between Waller and Miscavige are eerie: fully indoctrinated, second generation members, power hungry, worked closely with the cult leader, although in both cases, young enough to be the leader's grandson. Since Gothard's outster, Davey is traversing the country (and internationally next month) rousing the troops who may have become discouraged after Gothard's dismissal. Sure, IBLP still has a board that Davey W. has to deal with, but none of them seem to be stepping up. Miscavige lucked into his dictatorship. I definitely see Waller in full leadership in a few years. 

have you been watching the documentary that leah remini made about scientology-- its fascinating stuff...and VERY scary stuff too. i always knew it was a cult but had no idea about all the small details.

• Love 9

Oh yeah. I also read Leah's book and am working on Jenna Miscavige's now. Ron Miscavige's book is on tap after that.

Cults, Gothard, Scientology, etc. are some scary shit. Comparing the respective Davids was inevitable once I took myself down the Scientology rabbit hole. ?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

David Waller

It makes sense to me. Should it happen, I predict that one day power-loving, too-big-to-fail Davy will have a scandal on his hands when he gets caught in a compromising situation with someone who is not of, well, Priscilla's gender. 

Edited by BradandJanet
typo
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

It makes sense to me. Should it happen, I predict that one day power-loving, too-big-to-fail Davy will have a scandal on his hands when he gets caught in a compromising situation with someone who is not of, well, Priscilla's gender. 

And both D and P will be able to thank Gothard, the whole Gothard crowd and their parents for putting them in this position. When you tell a child endlessly that it'll burn in an endless lake of fire for all eternity if it acts on its natural desires and bents and beat it to heck when it moves off a blanket, you're a hundred percent to blame for every fucked up disaster the child gets into, even as an adult. Gothard and his first-gen jerkwads, including the sainted Bates, are evil evil evil. And it's the kids and grandkids who'll really pay the price.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Either that or he likes feet.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Abstract said:

One of my casual acquaintance FB friends just posted her baby boy's first Santa picture, and -- no lie -- the kid is wearing Phillip Waller's outfit from the dump truck/chopping block photoshoot. The mom is a non-fundie, so apparently dressing baby boys up like old men is on trend. 

I've been seeing that look on tiny boys, too. I keep bracing myself to see my 3-month-old grandson kitted out thusly, but thankfully so far his mother, my daughter, has favored more traditional onesies for him. She's  a trendy sort, but she also has a longstanding disdain for uncomfortable clothes. 

• Love 6
On 12/18/2016 at 9:05 AM, Kokapetl said:

Is this real? 

WQSrfIUxYwDCVlVSdzFxMUAMkKVuGCwE_lg.jpg

Is this real?

This looks real ('◉⌓◉’). The headphones made all the difference. 

The kid looks like he either cljmbed into or was helped into an open top toy machine, and whichever Bates idiot cropped out most of it, trying to be all clever and funny. You can see the top of the plexiglass. It isn't enclosed. The kid looks miserable. Not funny. Not fooling anyone. 

I apologize for the totally shallow post, but the Wallers (I think these are the unmarried ones) are a homely bunch. Some of these people make Davey almost attractive. And the sister on the far right still creeps me out. I always think Davey married his sister; sometimes, depending on the angle, I can't tell Prissy and her apart. 

On the other end of the shallow scale, Suze Keller's daughter Noelle is a dead ringer for Mackynzie. Wallers below (Suze is private).

Edited by Sew Sumi
It really said Suze! Damn you spellcheck!
  • Love 1

Is that Mom & Pop Waller in the front?  Doesn't she own a brush?  She probably thinks she's in fashion with the bright pink jacket but she loses the cool look with her white modesty shirt hanging out.

4 minutes ago, louannems said:

My!  The Waller mom's hair!!!  And that far right Waller girl does look like Prissy!  They say some men marry a mommy lookalike, but I can see why David chose a sis lookalike instead.

Well, the sister does look very much like Mom, so it all rather boils down to the same thing.

• Love 1