Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Maybe Tim didn't even purchase the clothes. Maybe he told BME what he'd like and she got them. I doubt Tim knows sizes. If he bought them, he might have just seen something he liked, eyeballed it, and assumed it would fit. 

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, beckie said:

Maybe Tim didn't even purchase the clothes. Maybe he told BME what he'd like and she got them. I doubt Tim knows sizes. If he bought them, he might have just seen something he liked, eyeballed it, and assumed it would fit. 

I'm hoping against hope, but I really don't want to think that Timcel was allowed to buy a complete outfit without knowing Heidi's size. Her parents knew this was coming. But did Timcel really go rogue with that wardrobe choice? I heard that Jeremy went in hard on him. Was that AFTER the hostage video? How did he let this creeper anywhere near his daughter?

• Like 9

Considering Heidi's mother would know her daughter's size, and her sisters don't wear tents, I can't imagine who other than Tim would buy that red dress. The necklace in a plastic bag seems like a Tim gift too. 

However, Tim would surely take BME with him to shop. He would go into shock just looking at darts in women's blouses.

Jill is an experienced shopper, albeit one with no style or taste. If Jill shows up wearing that pearl necklace, we'll know she was there and had Tim buy one for her too. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 13

If it were anyone else, I would not be such a jerk as to doubt their miscarriage, but this is JRod who claims to have lost 60% of her blood, so I agree that there is something else going on.  It may just be a late period that will then be heavy, but she is so extra that it will be the most severe experience anyone ever had.  She may not yet be aware that Prissy outed her, or she is trying to figure out how to turn this into a grift of some sort before she posts about it.

I had fibroids myself and was ready to get a melon baller and yank out my uterus myself before a doctor agreed that it was necessary.  I bled a lot, but never needed a transfusion or anything.  I did make sure to take iron pills whenever my period showed up (which was pretty frequently toward the end) which helped a lot with my energy levels.  I knew I wasn't pregnant because I wasn't doing what you need to do to get that way.  But, once again, if JRod had experienced what I did, she would embellish mightily.

• Like 19

I find it strange that Priscilla would break the news that Jill had a miscarriage and that Jill wouldn't immediately jump in and start carrying on about how much physical and emotional pain she is in (and you can all help her heal by sending money). Even if Jill had been planning to hold off on announcing the miscarriage until she had crafted the perfect heartbreaking story, once Priscilla spilled the beans, I think Jill would have moved quickly to strike while the iron was hot.

It occured to me that Priscilla, who has never seemed like the sharpest tool in the box, may have simply misunderstood what Jill was saying. I can see Jill telling a bunch of women the story of one of her previously miscarriages in such a dramatic and graphic manner that Priscilla got the impression that it was something that had just happened. Priscilla then went off half-cocked and repeated the story and Jill was honestly surprised to hear that she had just had a miscarriage. She's probably concocted a big story about being pregnant and miscarrying, but has to convince her family and friends that it really happened before going public with it. Look for the grifting to begin soon.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Like 13
56 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I find it strange that Priscilla would break the news that Jill had a miscarriage and that Jill wouldn't immediately jump in and start carrying on about how much physical and emotional pain she is in (and you can all help her heal by sending money). Even if Jill had been planning to hold off on announcing the miscarriage until she had crafted the perfect heartbreaking story, once Priscilla spilled the beans, I think Jill would have moved quickly to strike while the iron was hot.

It occured to me that Priscilla, who has never seemed like the sharpest tool in the box, may have simply misunderstood what Jill was saying. I can see Jill telling a bunch of women the story of one of her previously miscarriages in such a dramatic and graphic manner that Priscilla got the impression that it was something that had just happened. Priscilla then went off half-cocked and repeated the story and Jill was honestly surprised to hear that she had just had a miscarriage. She's probably concocted a big story about being pregnant and miscarrying, but has to convince her family and friends that it really happened before going public with it. Look for the grifting to begin soon.

Well since Prissy was asking for prayers for Jillpm, maybe she heard from Nurthan that Jill was in SEVERE pain, seeing doctors etc. and just assumed miscarriage? Cause she’s heard about the previous SEVERE miscarriages so many times? Pecan did mention that the Rods had visited the Waller’s church last year so his congregation has some knowledge of Jillpm.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I was in severe pain with fibroids, and bled A LOT.  This is my guess as to the reason for JR's Severe Pain.  If she had been pregnant, she would not have been able to contain the information on line.  Too many grift opportunities to pass up that kind of info.

• Like 11
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

If it were anyone else, I would not be such a jerk as to doubt their miscarriage, but this is JRod who claims to have lost 60% of her blood, so I agree that there is something else going on.  It may just be a late period that will then be heavy, but she is so extra that it will be the most severe experience anyone ever had.  She may not yet be aware that Prissy outed her, or she is trying to figure out how to turn this into a grift of some sort before she posts about it.

I had fibroids myself and was ready to get a melon baller and yank out my uterus myself before a doctor agreed that it was necessary.  I bled a lot, but never needed a transfusion or anything.  I did make sure to take iron pills whenever my period showed up (which was pretty frequently toward the end) which helped a lot with my energy levels.  I knew I wasn't pregnant because I wasn't doing what you need to do to get that way.  But, once again, if JRod had experienced what I did, she would embellish mightily.

Same here regarding super heavy periods toward the end.  I later found out I had/have fibroids.  No surgery, although I know women that had their hysterectomies for that reason.

I suspect you are right about Jill.  She has the most SEVERE case of everything, ever, doesn't she?  

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
24 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Same here regarding super heavy periods toward the end.  I later found out I had/have fibroids.  No surgery, although I know women that had their hysterectomies for that reason.

I suspect you are right about Jill.  She has the most SEVERE case of everything, ever, doesn't she?  

Of course our Jilly bean does lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

How mortifying for Jill if she didn't have a miscarriage and Priscilla made that prayer request.  

Jill posts everyone’s business online probably without permission. For once it’s her turn. 

I will save my sympathies for her kids… Jill and Dave I got nothing for them.

• Like 13
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1

At least Phillip hasn't been summoned to florida for whatever is happening with mama.  He was in Chapel service today and received his "I completed a training class on biblical counseling" certificate.

But Phillip looked rough today. No jacket, very wrinkled shirt that was barely tucked in. Shirt was so disheveled I couldn't tell if he had that weird belt on again or not.

Apparently there is sickness at the college. Several people are ill. Pastor jokes if anyone else is going to get this, they should get it today since they already have monday off...

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 5
On 2/16/2023 at 9:23 PM, Notabug said:

(Nitabuch's layer hasn't formed yet) 

I honestly read this and thought Nurie was already pregnant with yet another, to be named Nitabuch. Dog help me. 

I am not a psychologist yet, nor do I play one on TV. But my interpretation of the fundie tendency to exaggerate is that a lot of them outright lie. Maybe they don't even realize they're doing it. But they're lying. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I am not a psychologist yet, nor do I play one on TV. But my interpretation of the fundie tendency to exaggerate is that a lot of them outright lie. Maybe they don't even realize they're doing it. But they're lying. 

The Duggars, Bates, and Rodrigues are all prime examples of that.

• Like 10
15 hours ago, crazy8s said:

He was in Chapel service today and received his "I completed a training class on biblical counseling" certificate.

So someone coughed up the dough for the grift, I mean counseling, books?  Maybe that's why he doesn't have his own belt, he had to sell his clothes to get the money for the books.

• Sad 6

My experience from my brief time in an extremely conservative church is that there are no boundaries when prayer request time comes around.  I have heard some very personal stuff that I would be mortified to have strangers know if I were the one involved.  So from that standpoint, Prissy's prayer request does not stand out as that unusual in their circles.  I do get a laugh out of her outing the fact that they are really vacationing rather than performing ministry activities.  I also wonder if Prissy realized that the audience was wider than expected.  Unless I am misunderstanding, this request was seen on a livestream of their Wednesday night service.  She may not be able to conceive of random people watching that livestream who are not involved in the church.

• Like 12
  • Useful 4
37 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

David didn’t even know how many children Jill had, when  Pricilla made the prayer request. They’re so very close.

Maybe he can't count that high without taking his shoes off. 

Jill shares inappropriate information about other people. Turnabout is fair play, honestly. Wasn't it Jill who posted about her own daughter having stitches from Nehemiah's birth? Not to mention all the attention-whoring she's done over her sister Amy. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
19 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Maybe he can't count that high without taking his shoes off. 

Jill shares inappropriate information about other people. Turnabout is fair play, honestly. Wasn't it Jill who posted about her own daughter having stitches from Nehemiah's birth? Not to mention all the attention-whoring she's done over her sister Amy. 

And her poor mother. 

• Like 18
  • Applause 3
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I figured out why Jill took the pic in the closet. She's wearing earrings by the NotNuries. Even she won't be seen in public with those on.

Yeah. She was using filters to make the earrings look good. Her face just got in the way by mistake. 

• LOL 22
18 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Yeah. She was using filters to make the earrings look good. Her face just got in the way by mistake. 

It didn't work. The earrings still look like dollar-store rejects. 

Her face freaks me out. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 7
5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

So someone coughed up the dough for the grift, I mean counseling, books?  Maybe that's why he doesn't have his own belt, he had to sell his clothes to get the money for the books.

I think Phillip has a lot of school expenses he probably didn't plan for. Most every week in the chapel service announcements part, there is whatever planned activity is $12 or $8 or whatever. Some are mandatory. It seems Jill mentioned Phillip was in a singing group at bible college. That group had a performance today, It included a meal at the host church, but some of them are stop for food on the way type things that need money.

but the belt thing  - all the boys have been shown wearing various belts the proper size. Samuel and Gabriel couldn't have possible dragged them all to florida with the traveling circus in the RV.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
41 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Nah, I recognized the raccoon eyes and stubby sausage fingers right away.

I honestly thought -at first and second glance- that it was some 18 year old cosplaying Jill, because it looks almost nothing like her outside of the makeup and the earrings front and center that way. That is one industrial strength filter!

The sausage fingers didn't really register.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Nah, I recognized the raccoon eyes and stubby sausage fingers right away.

That and her neck rolls.  It still cracks me up that FaceTune stops at the jawline.  One would think the developers would have fixed this by now.  Jill is not the only celeb or "celeb" who's neck does not match her face.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
3 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Heidi was so normal. She’s giving that all up for Timcel. 🥲

02AB3D2D-9120-4F90-A224-D971009E4683.jpeg

I think she has unique eyes and such pretty hair in the bridesmaids’ photo. There is an ethereal, maybe elfin quality to her features, she looks joyful in those photos WHY would she want to marry Tim?? It’s not as if he’s her last chance!

Look at Abby Barnett, she was “older”(in fundy land) but did meet a guy she was well matched with. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
36 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Heidi was so normal. She’s giving that all up for Timcel. 🥲

02AB3D2D-9120-4F90-A224-D971009E4683.jpeg

So now, because she's "settling" for Timmay, she's never going to be able to wear a sleeveless top, or a dress that shows her knees?

How utterly sad that is.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 12
  • Love 1

Putting this in spoiler, some may not want to read this.

Spoiler

My heart is breaking. 💔

Let me explain...

In life, we all experience many joyous moments.  We gladly share those moments with others, and perhaps we are viewed as having the "perfect life."  Although no one has a perfect life, we should always be grateful for and focus on the many blessings God gives us.  

However,  it is in the tender, broken, grief stricken moments of life that I find myself learning the deepest truth to surrender.  Surrender to an ALL knowing and perfect God!  When life seems unfair, we can try to make sense of it or simply trust.  We can choose one of two responses. BITTERNESS or BLESSED.  Blessed in knowing that we can trust a sovereign God.  Trust a God that NEVER makes a mistake.  

It is a beautiful and special moment when through a season of trials in life, we experience a unique blend of a bleeding heart all while finding peace as we yield that same, broken heart to the will of God.  ❤  As many of you, I find those moments most tender between the Saviour and I.  💙  He is truly a Man of Sorrows, acquainted with my grief.  

Recently, David and I found out we were expecting baby #14.  We were all THRILLED!  😊  Kaylee was so excited to be pregnant together with me.  We ALL began to hope, dream, plan and rejoice together.  But, those dreams came crashing down when (while in Florida) David rushed me to the ER with many pregnancy complications.  We were losing our sweet baby and we all felt numb.  💔 Then the tears came.  😢 

But oh, what sweet communion that was with my Lord.  He collected each of my tears and put them in a bottle.  (Psalms 56:8 "Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?")  He saw me rise, shower and go to church and sing in the middle of my pain.  He saw me kneel to praise His Name. He saw me serve my family, when all I felt like doing was curling up in bed.  He saw our family press forward.  When no one else could see my heart aching with sorrow in a church service, HE saw!  When I felt that the whole world might not understand my sorrow of losing my 6th baby to miscarriage (due to the fact I already had 13 living children), I knew God understood.  Each child God has allowed us to conceive, is a direct gift from Him, even if He chose to take it to Heaven early.  

You see, nothing goes unnoticed by God!  He rewards faithfulness in the midst of our pain.  He cares about each detail and He longs for us to run into His arms of grace and comfort.  

My son in law (Jonathan) kindly reminded me that this baby was in the center of God's hands and that there was no safer place to be.  What a comfort!

Please rejoice with us over this life given to us for oh, SO short a time!  😊❤🩷🩵 -Jill (for us all)

Ephesians 1:12 KJV
[12] That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Galatians 6:14 KJV
[14] But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

#baby19

6B4BA6D6-085F-47BD-9925-36150C49828E.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Useful 1