Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 4/19/2022 at 1:16 PM, CalicoKitty said:

The plate of round things look like cake pops with out the stick and missing hunks of frosting.  No idea on the pie-shaped things.  And I would never taste them.  Personally, I don't do pot-luck meals, so there is no way I would ever eat anything served here.  The ham looks especially bad.

(I just cooked a port tenderloin in the Instant Pot, and it was great.  Moist and very good.  It it only had to cook for 3 minutes!)

Instant Pot pork tenderloin is the best. I did a pork roast in the slow cooker so I can’t knock that, but I season my food well.

Those “pies” look like that pack of bread ends I found at the back of the pantry. I’m not sure how long it was back there but it looked like a science experiment.  They also look like the world’s lamest king cake. I wouldn’t knock her meager feast if she wasn’t such a sanctimonious bitch.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Apparently I have no life and I spent way too many of my brain cells thinking about this, but do you think she attempted to, and failed miserably, make the pie things look like Easter eggs? Er, pardon me, “Resurrection Day” eggs?

• Love 8
6 hours ago, LilJen said:

I want to add a few colors and make those pies REALLY gay. My guess is they’re sugar cream pies, something lusted after just to the west of Ohio and I have never understood it in my dismal years here in Indiana.

No, I checked it out, and it's described as a thick, vanilla-scented custard that sits atop a flaky, buttery crust that's dusted with a thin veil of cinnamon sugar,  It sounds delicious to me, but not something Jill would ever have unless she bought it from the Amish who also make it.

• Love 4

What I don't understand is that Jill has at least three girls (of course boys and men don't do girly stuff like cooking) who can help her out, and they still come up with this appalling mess. 

Easter was very quiet this year, but in the past, I have served meals for 27, and I had plenty of food for everyone. It involved making food in advance as well as having my children help me. For the Easter meal for 27, I made:

ham (that's easy; just put it in the oven and warm up according to directions)

cranberry sauce (yes, we have it at Easter; I make it the day before)

mashed potatoes

roasted Brussels sprouts (we are also fine just steam microwaving them)

quinoa/beet/spinach/carrot/edamame/avocado salad (for my vegan/vegetarian friends)

mixed green salad

bread

sweet potato home fries

fruit salad

key lime pie (made the day before)

blueberry pie (made the day before)

apple crisp

ice cream and sherbet

None of this is difficult to make. I have people who help, but this is all doable by myself if necessary. I have made meals for larger numbers of people for the local soup kitchen. None of these things are expensive to make, either, though of course everything is more expensive due to the pandemic. I estimate this would take $150 to make now, and that's for 27 people. I know they are pressed for money, but surely they could have a nicer meal than what they showed?

Edited by AnnaBaptist
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Instant Pot pork tenderloin is the best. I did a pork roast in the slow cooker so I can’t knock that, but I season my food well.

Those “pies” look like that pack of bread ends I found at the back of the pantry. I’m not sure how long it was back there but it looked like a science experiment.  They also look like the world’s lamest king cake. I wouldn’t knock her meager feast if she wasn’t suck a sanctimonious bitch.

I do one in the slow cooker with balsamic, honey, garlic.... It comes out really good. 

25 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

What's up with Jill's sudden obsession with babies?

Because she wants one and God isn't blessing her with one despite her fervent prayers. 

• Love 14

I think BME might be a wee bit jealous Nurie and Nathan are pumping out the babies and getting attention. Not very christian of her now is it?

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 22
21 hours ago, crazy8s said:

the meal was horrible looking but "Timothy brought her flowers because he is such a good son"

I swear while jill was caressing the flowers and saying that, Jonathan turned and smirked at timothy

Jonathan did do that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I (sadly) watched her IG story...I know for sure I heard one or two Rodlets coughing in the background, and I swear right before the story cut out, one of the little girls said, "I'm cold."

And ewwww on the flowers from Timcel to BME.  Maybe that was the only way he'd be allowed out of the RV to partake in Jill's lovely Easter feast.

Did anyone parse out what those desserts were yet??

One of the children, I think it was Sofia, has a bad cough.  She sounds like she has bronchitis, but she’s outside in 40 degree weather w/o a coat or shoes.  BME doesn’t give a damn about those kids.  I despise her!

• Love 4

I'll never get used to people with zero academic qualifications calling themselves "pastor." I was baptized and raised Lutheran*, and all our pastors had undergraduate and graduate degrees in theology. I have a dear friend who is an ordained Lutheran minister, and she also has a bachelor's and master's in theology. 

Love Junior's side-eye. Even he knows his cult is full of it. 

*Clearly, my baptism did not take. They should have dunked me instead of sprinkling me, then I might have stood a chance against the fortress Satin built in my heart. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
45 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I'll never get used to people with zero academic qualifications calling themselves "pastor." I was baptized and raised Lutheran*, and all our pastors had undergraduate and graduate degrees in theology. I have a dear friend who is an ordained Lutheran minister, and she also has a bachelor's and master's in theology.

*cries in Catholic.

I will never understand why completely uneducated people think they can just be Ministers of whatever.  What knowledge do they have? Do they understand the background, the context? Have they sound knowledge of the history?

It isn't enough to claim "but faith". It simply isn't.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

No, I checked it out, and it's described as a thick, vanilla-scented custard that sits atop a flaky, buttery crust that's dusted with a thin veil of cinnamon sugar,  It sounds delicious to me, but not something Jill would ever have unless she bought it from the Amish who also make it.

Sugar Cream Pie is delicious IMO.  
You would think that by now Jill would be a decent cook, but she’s obviously one of those people who can’t boil water.  It amazes me that David is so obese, given Jill’s lack of cooking skills.  Apparently, he’ll eat anything and lots of it, no matter how awful it looks or tastes.  I’ve yet to see one thing she’s prepared that looks even halfway edible.  One of her nastiest concoctions was that huge pot of soup (that she was so proud of) that literally looked like it had vomit floating on top of it.  I’m gagging just thinking about it. 🤢

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

In a picture I posted above, Nurie has now become Pastor Nathan Keller and family. Surprisingly, not (and family).

I’m not sure why, but Jill sure does like to brag about Nathan being the pastor of a tiny little church in Bumfuck, FL.  She mentions it every time she gets the chance.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

*cries in Catholic.

I will never understand why completely uneducated people think they can just be Ministers of whatever.  What knowledge do they have? Do they understand the background, the context? Have they sound knowledge of the history?

My sister and BIL go to a non-denominational Christian church, and their preacher has zero education in theology.  They love that church and their Pastor, but that man does not know the Bible.  He can recite verses, but he lacks the necessary context.  It was fun biting back my comments to his Easter sermon where he completely missed the point from the Resurrection story.  Him dancing around the facts that Jesus's male disciples went into hiding while the women stayed in Jerusalem was quite amusing to me.  Dude couldn't stop himself from cherry-picking verses in the same chapter.  He was also borrowing verses from various Gospels to fit the narrative he wanted to tell.  Seriously, how hard is it to choose from one of the Four gospels to craft your sermon?   

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Love Junior's side-eye. Even he knows his cult is full of it. 

*Clearly, my baptism did not take. They should have dunked me instead of sprinkling me, then I might have stood a chance against the fortress Satin built in my heart. 

I have a friend who has been studying to become a pastor and it has been several years (she has been going part time) and she still isn't done. With these people, you can read a sentence and you are in! 

10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

According to his bio, Nathan earned his Bachelor of Theology degree at International Baptist Bible College.

Well, at least he tried but there is still so much more involved. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m not sure why, but Jill sure does like to brag about Nathan being the pastor of a tiny little church in Bumfuck, FL.  She mentions it every time she gets the chance.

while also often squeezing in how being in Florida is god's "calling for them for NOW" and how much she misses Nurie, the baby. (and Nathan's wallet)

I bet the children in the barndo are subject to endless praying for a new baby for Jill and for the Pastor Nathan Keller family to be called to a job or just fall in love with the beautiful amish country of ohio and have it placed on their hearts to move there asap.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Well, she can't play the "Anna DUGGAR'S brother" card anymore, so she had to come up with something else.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

In a picture I posted above, Nurie has now become Pastor Nathan Keller and family. Surprisingly, not (and family).

I’m laughing that Nurie isn’t even mentioned by name! So much for being the favorite one!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

It amazes me that David is so obese, given Jill’s lack of cooking skills.  Apparently, he’ll eat anything and lots of it, no matter how awful it looks or tastes.

My guess is David also gets to eat a lot of prepackaged junk food (and/or fast food) that nobody else in the family is allowed to touch. That story about him consuming hummingbird nectar before he knew what it was made me wonder if he was a binge eater. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Love Nemo’s side-eye…

That kid knows what's up.

2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

One of the children, I think it was Sofia, has a bad cough.  She sounds like she has bronchitis, but she’s outside in 40 degree weather w/o a coat or shoes.  BME doesn’t give a damn about those kids.  I despise her!

Many moons ago I had a flu that developed into bronchitis and it was miserable until the doctor(the FOURTH one I saw in a week and a half, and the only one who didn't tell me 'rest and hydrate and it will get better', prescribed me a steroid inhaler). If that poor kid has bronchitis I can't imagine how she's feeling while having to perform for BME.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Zella said:

My guess is David also gets to eat a lot of prepackaged junk food (and/or fast food) that nobody else in the family is allowed to touch. That story about him consuming hummingbird nectar before he knew what it was made me wonder if he was a binge eater. 

I also think he makes sure he gets the biggest portion of whatever slop Jill cooks up or when they go out to eat. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

A new church to grift at ! 

New batch of victims to sell Plexus too as well .

• Love 3

I was also raised in the Lutheran church (and now have four Catholic godchildren) and our pastor had a doctorate.

I think the next time Jill begs for donations we should each send her a cookbook. With pictures!

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

That kid knows what's up.

Many moons ago I had a flu that developed into bronchitis and it was miserable until the doctor(the FOURTH one I saw in a week and a half, and the only one who didn't tell me 'rest and hydrate and it will get better', prescribed me a steroid inhaler). If that poor kid has bronchitis I can't imagine how she's feeling while having to perform for BME.

Back before it was common knowledge that adults should get a TDAP booster rather than just tetanus, my young adult sister ended up with a persistent case of whooping cough that the Drs did not diagnose for a very long time.  Apparently adults don't always have the signature whoop in their cough.  Only reason I didn't end up sick as well considering how much I was over at her house caring for her was because my sole practitioner childhood Dr had lost a bunch of my records when he closed up shop, and mom didn't have my old school vaccine card, so the military ended up acting like I had never been vaccinated for anything and had given me everything over again when I joined up a few years previously.  Goodness I felt like a pin cushion that day but at least I had inadvertently gotten a TDAP booster!

I hope the kiddo "only" has a crappy cold or bronchitis.  Considering all the other whackadoodle beliefs of the family I doubt they are properly vaccinated for a lot of things, not just the current pandemic.  Poor thing needs rest, decent food,  and possibly a visit to the pediatrician doctor, not a command performance for instagram or a potential grifting trip in the family cramper. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

*cries in Catholic.

Amen to this. 🙂

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I’m laughing that Nurie isn’t even mentioned by name! So much for being the favorite one!

It’s sad. Reminds me of the 70s, when married women had credit cards with the name “Mrs John Doe.” Even as a child, I wondered why my mom’s first name wasn’t listed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

According to his bio, Nathan earned his Bachelor of Theology degree at International Baptist Bible College.

Dubious accreditation aside, I wouldn't consider that a proper school. Their home page mentions "god-fearing" and graduating debt free. The school is based in Arizona -- how effective could a ministry degree be if done entirely online? I think it's a diploma mill. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, MunichNark said:

*cries in Catholic.

For certain flavors of Christianity, that's a feature, not a bug. It's the religious equivalent of "someone I can have a bear with," because for reasons I will never  understand, that's preferable to someone who's educated and capable.

1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

It’s sad. Reminds me of the 70s, when married women had credit cards with the name “Mrs John Doe.” Even as a child, I wondered why my mom’s first name wasn’t listed.

My mom had a Sears card from when she got married in the 60s and it had my dad's name on it. She used it for years. When my son was little, late 90s, she went to buy him a pair of shorts and they refused to let her use the card as she wasn't "John Doe". She was embarrassed and irate! 

Funny that only about a month or so before, she had purchased $$$ of custom made blinds with the card and without my dad. They had no problem with it but a $5 pair of shorts, they did. 

She was so angry, she had my dad call to cancel the card and she cancelled the blinds, which had been on back order. Fast forward another month, she got her credit on the card and a few weeks later, the blinds arrived. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 11

Heh. Reminds me of the scene from the movie Something to Talk About where the Junior League is debating putting the ladies’ actual names in the cookbook instead of Mrs. John Doe. (The horror) One lady says, “If they don’t list me by my husband’s name, how will people know who I am?!” Funny scene, but still rings seriously true for some people.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, AgathaC said:

Heh. Reminds me of the scene from the movie Something to Talk About where the Junior League is debating putting the ladies’ actual names in the cookbook instead of Mrs. John Doe. (The horror) One lady says, “If they don’t list me by my husband’s name, how will people know who I am?!” Funny scene, but still rings seriously true for some people.

It’s really so sad that some women don’t feel they have independent identities outside of their husbands. For instance - every single Duggar daughter and DIL.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

76DEC62D-08FB-4F9B-916D-247102292C3F.jpeg

Babies are so adorable at 6 months, full of smiles, sitting up but not yet on the move.  Possibly by the next time Jilldo sees him he will be squirming his way out of her clutches and raising holy hell if he can't!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

What's up with Jill's sudden obsession with babies?

Sudden? It’s been there all along.

6 hours ago, lascuba said:

For certain flavors of Christianity, that's a feature, not a bug. It's the religious equivalent of "someone I can have a bear with," because for reasons I will never  understand, that's preferable to someone who's educated and capable.

If it’s “directly from God via the Holy Spirit,” no education is required. From God’s lips to the pastor to the congregation’s ears, do not attend seminary or your faith and your direct line to God’s commands will be destroyed. Inspiration directly from God is considered far superior to anything. 

• Love 1