Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Poor guy! That's an appartment for a little old lady.

What do you have against little old ladies? 🤪😄 Speaking from experience, bad knees & susceptibility to pneumonia make that basement a death trap for little old ladies. Jonathan won't start feeling the effects of the damp and mold for a long time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, Nysha said:

What do you have against little old ladies? 🤪😄 Speaking from experience, bad knees & susceptibility to pneumonia make that basement a death trap for little old ladies. Jonathan won't start feeling the effects of the damp and mold for a long time. 

But an infant might. And you know they’ll have one 9 months or so after the wedding. 

On 4/7/2022 at 12:26 AM, GeeGolly said:

What's behind her ear on her neck? She looks like she's a secret service agent wearing communication.

Renee's homemade earrings made out of coco puffs?

• LOL 12
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill creeps into everything. I could have seen these pictures randomly, and I would know who “decorated “. 

5A70B555-20FF-47DE-B0CE-BD2E279A1BDE.jpeg

5E7FA2CA-FFC3-4D16-914F-5C40E3E45EC1.jpeg

11205032-3C05-4863-9362-0E158BB6F332.jpeg

BFE6E39D-B14B-4428-9D81-C736F126640B.jpeg

Throw rugs……

AE75A20C-FB36-4DB6-BB59-FE400903ECBF.jpeg

That ugly ass coffee table that JRod painted is at the foot of the bed. 😒 Why is the bed itself wider than the headboard?  Shouldn’t the mattress and the headboard be the same width?

• Love 2

I actually think they would be better off in an RV.  But maybe this "abode" is all they expect in life.  Sad. (But, on a positive note, it is not as bad as a pop-up trailer...  Or Jill's beautiful attic room)

8 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Well their next place will have to be better. The bar has been set pretty low. 

IDK, they could be in a camper in Jill’s yard.

4 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I actually think they would be better off in an RV.  But maybe this "abode" is all they expect in life.  Sad. (But, on a positive note, it is not as bad as a pop-up trailer...  Or Jill's beautiful attic room)

Kaylee may not expect much , but it seems like Jonathan grew up with more.

• Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder if that was at the PT place?

When I have had physical therapy for a bad knee, they would have me use an exercise bike, rather than stressing my knee on a treadmill.  It's all pretty fishy IMO.

After a second look I realized Jill is at a gym, not a physical therapy office--there are a bunch of treadmills in that place.

ETA: What did Jill do with the homeowner's property that was being stored in the basement? These people actually had a use for the space but that was of no consequence to Jill. It's a super dreary place~

Edited by riverblue22
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, riverblue22 said:

When I have had physical therapy for a bad knee, they would have me use an exercise bike, rather than stressing my knee on a treadmill.  It's all pretty fishy IMO.

I could see her WALKING on the treadmill. No way she could run if her knee is anywhere as bad as she claims.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Gee how injured are you if you fixed up a basement. What a liar. And running a mile means you are not injured… 

what a horrible woman Jillcatraz is… keep on lying boo.

0918B6FD-B6EA-446A-9D48-4E46568C5BE9.jpeg

A mile in 15 minutes is 4.0 speed. How is it 5.0 speed in this picture? Did she ramp up the speed in the final seconds to a 12-minute mile pace, on that SEVERELY injured knee? Sure Jan.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

I have nothing against old ladies. That’s a good decor if you are 95, but not for a guy in his 20s. It’s a good thing Jonathan is already engaged because that bedroom won’t help him to get laid.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Bingo. 

And, anyway, to me, Jonathan's moving to Ohio and living in those basement quarters arranged by Jill, seems - odd. Especially if he's going to have a job arranged by Jill too. 

When the engagement was announced I looked up his family. His dad had a fairly mainstream type of career - as an executive with ACE - and now is large and in charge as pastor of a church. His mother seems to be in charge of the family farm. They've lived in that area for awhile, and Jonathan regularly speaks at Sunday evening services at their church. 

I really wonder why he's in such a hot hurry to move so far away from his family instead of getting established in a job or business of some sort where he already has roots and connections. Maybe his dad is a controlling a-hole, or Jonathan just doesn't get along well with him, or . . . ? 

Do we know what if any kind of work Jonathan has been doing? Nathan Keller had a lawn care business going by the time he married Nurie, so it made sense that he'd stay there after marriage. 

All we know for sure, is that Jonathan is going to join the Rodrigues circus in Ohio. Jill wins this round, adding another subject to her little kingdom. It must be such a bitter disappointment to Jill that not only is Nathan's status as ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER no longer a bragging point, he's taken Nurie away to Florida and doesn't seem likely to move to Ohio. 

I just realized something… Jill has been talking for years about how Kaylee has prayed and prayed, hoping to marry a farmer, because she’s always wanted to live on a farm and be a farmer’s wife.  Now Jill says that Kaylee wants to live close to mommy and daddy, even tho Jonathan could probably work on his family’s farm and give Kaylee the life that she’s always wanted.  JillyBean, you’re a lying liar, and you need to sharpen your lying skills, because not only are the folks here smarter than you, but we also forget nothing. 

• Love 19
28 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

IDK, they could be in a camper in Jill’s yard.

Kaylee may not expect much , but it seems like Jonathan grew up with more.

Who are Jonathan’s parents?  First and last names please, because I’m prepping for the rabbit hole.  TIA!

23 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

After a second look I realized Jill is at a gym, not a physical therapy office--there are a bunch of treadmills in that place.

ETA: What did Jill do with the homeowner's property that was being stored in the basement? These people actually had a use for the space but that was of no consequence to Jill. It's a super dreary place~

Who is paying for her gym membership?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jonathan has farming experience, and that's similar to landscaping and gutter cleaning in Jill's mind. She might be planning for Jon to join Tim's business, but the work is seasonal and doesn't seem to be supporting even Tim right now. Anyway, the prospect of working with Tim might be as unattractive as living in that dungeon with the musty carpets. 

Unless there's something awful about the Hill family, I hope Jonathan gets homesick and discouraged and decides to pull a headship and move Kaylee and himself back to familiar territory. One dark Ohio winter and two or three dinner trips for 16 at expensive restaurants might be enough to make this young man consider his options. 

Yeah, i'm sure FARMING is gonna bring BIG BUCKS these days.  These people live in a bubble.  Not in the real world.  GO TO SCHOOL, GET A DEGREE AND GET THE HELL OUT OF OHIO (OR WHEREVER THEY LIVE).. However, there are so many opporunities in Ohio.  but i'm sure they don't know about them.  It makes me angry.  They can be WHOEVER they want to be.  SMH

• Love 11
(edited)
49 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Who are Jonathan’s parents?  First and last names please, because I’m prepping for the rabbit hole.  TIA!

There's not much on them, but the family does have a page on fundie wiki

Jonathan's grandfather is a preacher at a baptist church (his father also works there) and there used to be a "about our family" page on the church website, but that was removed shortly after Jonathan and Kaylee started their courtship. The mom has a facebook page and while there wasn't a ton that was public, you could see her friends and her pictures, she's made it even more locked down since their engagement. I think she got some comments about Jill's craziness and shut that down. 

Edited by christine falls
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

This is my experience, too.  I use a seated elliptical-type machine at PT,  but no walking or running at all.  And only for a very short amount of time.  No treadmill.  This is, unfortunately, not my first rodeo with PT for my knee, and I have never been put on a treadmill.  Something is very wrong with her story.  I'm wondering if she cannot afford or could not grift medical care, so she is taking advise from neighbors.  If she really does have something torn in her knee, she is making it worse.  As my doctor says, if it hurts, stop doing it.   Wait for supervision and professional advise.  I cannot believe a "real" doctor would recommend strenuous exercise if she really has "4 things torn" in her knee.  But then, her "knee condition" seems to come and go.  This is, indeed, a fishy story.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

This is my experience, too.  I use a seated elliptical-type machine at PT,  but no walking or running at all.  And only for a very short amount of time.  No treadmill.  This is, unfortunately, not my first rodeo with PT for my knee, and I have never been put on a treadmill.  Something is very wrong with her story.  I'm wondering if she cannot afford or could not grift medical care, so she is taking advise from neighbors.  If she really does have something torn in her knee, she is making it worse.  As my doctor says, if it hurts, stop doing it.   Wait for supervision and professional advise.  I cannot believe a "real" doctor would recommend strenuous exercise if she really has "4 things torn" in her knee.  But then, her "knee condition" seems to come and go.  This is, indeed, a fishy story.

It's also been six months since the fall. She's done plenty of walking, hiking, and other strenuous exercise, such as her multiple dreckorating projects. Sure she had help, but I could totally see her moving stuff to suit her warped sensibilities. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Jill cropped out the ceiling in most of the pictures, but in a few you can see where the dry wall meets ceiling joists. It looks like the apartment is part of a larger unfinished basement. The homeowners' belongings may have been moved to other parts of the basement.

The electrical seems to be run up and over the top of the walls from another area of the basement.

I really hope that Jonathan is living there rent free or paying extremely low rent with the intent of saving enough money to have the security deposit for a real apartment to live in after the wedding.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Someone in Jill's comments asked if Jonathan would be somehow associated with a farm, and Jill said Yes! 

He has to be working for someone at Joy Baptist. How else could he hook up with a local job on a farm? 

Jill found a way to grift fresh vegetables and meat right from the source.   For her of course, not the kids.    Oh Jonathan you have too many tomatoes, you know I just looooooove tomatoes.

Just wait until the nice couple from Jill's church see what using electric space heaters to warm that cold, damp basement do to their electric bill. Add the hotplate, and blow some fuses. 

Jonathan will have to find some way to limit his spending on gifts and restaurant trips for BME. He must realize that basement is no place for a newborn, and CPS would not be impressed. Let's hope his job is as great as Jill says it is. (This discussion keeps taking me back to the wonderful South Korean film "Parasite," with its portrayals of basement apartments and masterful grifting.)

Jill's gym photo may be from the Ladies' Retreat hotel. There's a mirrored wall that makes the space look bigger than it is. In my experience, physical therapists use controlled exercises that work on specific muscles. I've never been sent to run on a treadmill. Jill's story makes no sense. 

• Love 21
17 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Please tell me that’s not a tchotchke on the top shelf inside the shower?

That looks like the actual shower head. I replaced my original shower head with a more expensive one. I kept the original in case I ever needed it, but it’s not in the actual shower. Which makes me suspect that the shower in these people’s basement doesn’t work.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

That looks like the actual shower head. I replaced my original shower head with a more expensive one. I kept the original in case I ever needed it, but it’s not in the actual shower. Which makes me suspect that the shower in these people’s basement doesn’t work.

I think it is too, but yes, I get a feeling it isn't working, thus the garden hose. 

(edited)

Is there a working toilet in this apartment? Lumpty Dumpty needs to grab his plumber's toolbox and get this place up to code. As if. I hope Jonathan is showering in the owners' bathroom. That shower setup makes me shiver. 

Kaylee has spent a good part of her life living in the Rods' stink bus: 15 people, one tiny bathroom. This apartment will feel familiar to her. At least she'll have a real bed instead of a sleeping bag on the floor. 

So Plexus has allowed Jill to afford things she never thought possible, and yet she's spent every cent of it on herself and hubby. It's not like she has a brood of emaciated, badly dressed children to care for. Maybe if the kids started looking better, we might be tempted to believe her Plexus lies. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lulz! Isn't it amazing how every MLM allows BossBabes to quit their full time jobs or retire early? 

A recent LulaRoe documentary made it clear that it's not the BossBabe retiring early. Her efforts will allow her husband to quit his job and join her in their MLM home business. Not mentioned is that both will have to work 70-plus hours a week just to stay afloat. So much for quality family time. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 11
55 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lulz! Isn't it amazing how every MLM allows BossBabes to quit their full time jobs or retire early? 

All the MLMs follow the same playbook. It's amazing how they think no one notices that. 'look at my new car', 'look at our fancy trip', 'I got to quit my job and do this all day from home!!' while the reality is that they are the ones who spend, spend, spend to make it to milestones and struggle to make actually sales. 

• Love 9
On 4/8/2022 at 12:54 PM, laurakaye said:

any furniture she found along the side of the road, plus every slightly damp throw rug from the local Goodwill dumpster.

Thanks for the laugh ! 😆😆

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Triple P said:

Jill cropped out the ceiling in most of the pictures, but in a few you can see where the dry wall meets ceiling joists. It looks like the apartment is part of a larger unfinished basement. The homeowners' belongings may have been moved to other parts of the basement.

The electrical seems to be run up and over the top of the walls from another area of the basement.

I really hope that Jonathan is living there rent free or paying extremely low rent with the intent of saving enough money to have the security deposit for a real apartment to live in after the wedding.

Or he should stay in Mississippi until he has saved enough for a security deposit. I wonder what his parents think of this “apartment?”

• Love 11
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I think it is too, but yes, I get a feeling it isn't working, thus the garden hose. 

I think you’re right about the garden hose.  And I’m wondering if it’s an optical illusion or does the garden hose seem to be floating in water? 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope Jonathan was taught that electricity and water don't mix. There's an electrical cord running from the wall/ceiling, right across the sink.

I hope someone reports this as unsafe to the housing authority. Sorry not sorry.

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

It's the little "apartment" (basement, rec room, guest room, etc.) you set up for your widowed mother in law when she comes to live with you.

A MIL you hate, right?

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

A recent LulaRoe documentary made it clear that it's not the BossBabe retiring early. Her efforts will allow her husband to quit his job and join her in their MLM home business. Not mentioned is that both will have to work 70-plus hours a week just to stay afloat. So much for quality family time. 

That documentary was very eye opening about the Lularoe scam. I highly recommend it.

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I think you’re right about the garden hose.  And I’m wondering if it’s an optical illusion or does the garden hose seem to be floating in water? 

What water source would the hose be hooked up to? Showers and tubs don't have water spigots. That apartment looks dreadful. 

• Love 2

don't you all think maybe this is apartment is so bad that jonathan will want to spend every non sleeping minute at work and then at the barndo? Not beyond BME to think up a plan like that.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

What water source would the hose be hooked up to? Showers and tubs don't have water spigots. That apartment looks dreadful. 

A hose can be hooked up by removed the shower head and using an adapter.

• Useful 1
27 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

don't you all think maybe this is apartment is so bad that jonathan will want to spend every non sleeping minute at work and then at the barndo? Not beyond BME to think up a plan like that.

Run, Jonny, run. It's not too late.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8