Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Someone commented on Jill’s post that it must be Timothy courting because of the picture Jill posted of herself with it.

4400059F-2E25-4BA9-B65C-150D8B3735BE.jpeg

Is this supposed to be her quizzical expression? Because I think it's more her, "I'm constipated" look.

• LOL 16
9 minutes ago, beckie said:

Is this supposed to be her quizzical expression? Because I think it's more her, "I'm constipated" look.

Oh that can’t be possible! Plexus! Gut health!

• LOL 12
(edited)
12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Took me a while to locate hunky and his bride. Hunky was hiding behind his son. 

Nuri didn’t go?

8C2DA1B4-4FBC-4F93-82BB-29E8506A1435.jpeg

Void = GWE and BME

Also I was 15 months behind my next oldest sister and it SUCKED. I know my parents didn’t plan for us to be *quite* so close together…

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 9

So Nurie will be having a baby in Nov and Jill is on video saying Kaylee and Jonathan are to be married in nov - that will be interesting. Will Kaylee/Jill have to change the date jill picked for the wedding?? will Nurie be guilted into traveling hugely pregnant to a wedding or travel with a newborn....

• Love 5
(edited)

Good job Nurie. You are doing the only thing your mother(I use that term lightly)ever taught you. Spit out babies asap. She’ll have 14 in no time. 

Edited by Madtown
40 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I was right. Nurie's knocked up again.

eta 13 month age gap. She's got Jilly's fertility. 

Dog help us all, but especially Nathan. He better get to work on his grifting skills, or plan on spending all his free time mowing lawns, if he expects to support Nurie, a new kid every year, and Nurie's siblings and worthless parents. 

I envision the Kellers' future in Duggars-before-TV-level poverty, and it depresses the shit out of me. Pass the Plexus. 

53 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

So Nurie will be having a baby in Nov and Jill is on video saying Kaylee and Jonathan are to be married in nov - that will be interesting. Will Kaylee/Jill have to change the date jill picked for the wedding?? will Nurie be guilted into traveling hugely pregnant to a wedding or travel with a newborn....

Yes, Nurie will be guilted into being there.

9 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Yes, Nurie will be guilted into being there.

I feel like it's inevitable that some fundie's water breaks or she actually delivers at a wedding. It would make their boring-ass nuptials a tiny bit more interesting, anyway. 

• LOL 17
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And the one special grandmother of the bride dress.

image.png.509ae6d872aa91c0ee12a0b373be7f84.png

Awww, this is the only nice dress of the bunch.   it is modest without having additions to it.     As someone noted, at least she doesn't have to wear a gray t-shirt under it.

• Love 14
(edited)

If Nurie can’t travel but hasn’t delivered by the wedding, how will Jill decide between:

Being with Nurie for the new baby’s birth, recording every possible moment, posting it all online and making the birth all about Jill herself

or

Attending  (and Kaylie)’s sad, cheap wedding, recording every possible moment, posting it all online, and making the wedding all about Jill herself?

I think she would prefer to be with favorite daughter Nurie and be waited on hand and foot when her bad knee suddenly relapses, but she will get more attention and admiration (in her delusional mind) at (and Kaylie)’s wedding.  I don’t think she will want to miss being matron of honor, mother of the bride, and anything else she can think of. 

So I’m guessing (and Kaylie) for the win, actually loss, with the Rodmobile gassed up and ready for David to rush Jill to Florida the minute the wedding is over, if not sooner, while the Rodlets who are left behind try to subsist on leftover crumbs from the wedding “feast” of a single bag of generic cheese doodles. 

Edited by EVS
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I feel a Tim Rod post is imminent. He could barely contain his rage when NotNurie's engagement was announced and now more proof his other sister has sex and he doesn't has been announced. This surely will spur him to write some twisted post about his predicament. 

Note to Tim: when posting a personal ad on your mommy's SM, don't describe what an asshole you are.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Yawn I thought it would be Nuri being pregnant again. I don’t care. Did Nurthan even bother getting Nemo checked out after the car accident? 

What car accident? 

2 hours ago, Heathen said:

What car accident? 

Posted by Jill on February 14:

I must say that we feel like the most blessed parents in the world! ❤  Nathan and Nurie sent this picture / poem plaque for Valentine's Day.  

It was exactly one week ago that Nurie called me crying.  They had a drunk driver swerve right into their lane and almost cause a head-on collision.  😬😭  Thank God for the guardian angels watching over the Keller Family and for God's protection!   Nathan was quick to swerve out of the way, causing only the side of their truck to take the brunt of the impact.  All the airbags came out.  Thank God, all 3 of then were unharmed - although it was surely a traumatic and scary thing to go through!  There was a warrant out for the man that crashed into them.  He was taken away in hand cuffs.  😮  I FELL to my knees in Thanksgiving at God's incredible mercy that night!  🙏  God is Good!  🥰

0D0E1D0D-7C5C-4D21-84EC-15909C178607.jpeg

9 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Awww, this is the only nice dress of the bunch.   it is modest without having additions to it.     As someone noted, at least she doesn't have to wear a gray t-shirt under it.

It is too big on her. Maybe if it actually fit her well and she had her hair up instead of just laying there. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I must say that we feel like the most blessed parents in the world! ❤  Nathan and Nurie sent this picture / poem plaque for Valentine's Day.  

It was exactly one week ago that Nurie called me crying.  They had a drunk driver swerve right into their lane and almost cause a head-on collision.  😬😭  Thank God for the guardian angels watching over the Keller Family and for God's protection!   Nathan was quick to swerve out of the way, causing only the side of their truck to take the brunt of the impact.  All the airbags came out.  Thank God, all 3 of then were unharmed - although it was surely a traumatic and scary thing to go through!  There was a warrant out for the man that crashed into them.  He was taken away in hand cuffs.  😮  I FELL to my knees in Thanksgiving at God's incredible mercy that night!  🙏  God is Good!  🥰

Then Nathan got ticketed /cited for not having Nemo in a car seat.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

When my sister got in a minor accident a few years ago with her then-infant daughter, the police officer specifically praised and thanked her for having her in a good, properly installed car seat. He said you’d be surprised how many parents don’t. Makes me angry/sad. It’s so simple, really…

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, AgathaC said:

When my sister got in a minor accident a few years ago with her then-infant daughter, the police officer specifically praised and thanked her for having her in a good, properly installed car seat. He said you’d be surprised how many parents don’t. Makes me angry/sad. It’s so simple, really…

Some 30+ years ago I was stopped for speeding. I was heading home from dropping something off at my parents' house. There was one street in this tiny town near a golf course that was a fairly steep hill. If you didn't apply your brakes you end up 'speeding' - like 15 seconds going from 30 to 35 - then back to 30 as the road levels out. Bored young cops (and grumpy old-timers) would hang out there to catch speeders. This young cop took one look at my sleeping kid, safely strapped in the properly installed carseat and sent me on my way with a warning.

That was 30+ years ago, when carseats, as we know them today, were still relatively new. IMO, Nathan and Nurie, Jill Dillard and some of the Bates sisters have no excuse to not have their kids properly restrained at all times. Especially an infant.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jonathan has nine sisters. I don't know their ages. 

I think he only has 4 sisters. Wasn't that one of the things that was so neat about Jonathan's family - 13 kids, just like the Rods, but 4 girls and 9 boys, opposite of the Rods?

• Love 15
(edited)

Yeah I agree they have no excuse for not having the seat installed properly. In the late 80s, when my older brother was a baby, my dad flagged down a cop and asked him if he had my brother's carseat installed properly. (He did.) That's just being a good parent to make sure you're keeping your kid safe. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

552DDA25-BD7B-4E9A-ABB1-95341FBABA83.jpeg

Good news, my ass.  I want to cry for that poor girl.  She’s going to be a brood mare for the next 20 years or more and live in abject poverty.  Nothing about that is even remotely good.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Triple P said:

I think he only has 4 sisters. Wasn't that one of the things that was so neat about Jonathan's family - 13 kids, just like the Rods, but 4 girls and 9 boys, opposite of the Rods?

yes 4 sisters. Hannah Hill just turned 18 in Feb. and the other 3 are much younger. like 12 and under

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
On 4/5/2022 at 7:07 AM, ginger90 said:

918BC955-1E1D-4812-9C4E-36A34CF0B037.jpeg

As a nonbeliever, I'm confused about this.  The context suggests that sparrows are sold for very little money and yet God has not forgotten them, and thus don't worry because believers are worth more than sparrows.  Are the discussions going to be about those who are of less worth than believers, hence the title "Sparrows"?  Will how much various people are worth be part of the program?  Or was it just a cute picture that goes with a Bible verse to advertise this?  Do believers actually spend time discussing things like this?  Am I procrastinating doing work by posting this?  Um, I know the answer to the last one . . . .

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Fosca said:

As a nonbeliever, I'm confused about this.  The context suggests that sparrows are sold for very little money and yet God has not forgotten them, and thus don't worry because believers are worth more than sparrows.  Are the discussions going to be about those who are of less worth than believers, hence the title "Sparrows"?  Will how much various people are worth be part of the program?  Or was it just a cute picture that goes with a Bible verse to advertise this?  Do believers actually spend time discussing things like this?  Am I procrastinating doing work by posting this?  Um, I know the answer to the last one . . . .

I would think that it will be that God will always take care of you ,of course I have no idea what they plan to talk about.  Also I have been to many churches including a ` fundy`  church and I have NEVER heard anyone say someone was of less value or less worthy to God.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Always a rumor, never an actual groom! Does Jonathan have a sister for Timbot? 

I feel sorry that Timothy Rodrigues is still single, but I also think he's creepily scary and wouldn't want to subject a young girl to his headship.

• Love 22
(edited)

Jill should stop posting that she might be pregnant again. Baby Janessa is what 4? If she did not get pregnant by now she is not going to be. 

I’m hoping Kaylee’s wedding will be moved to December.

Or maybe it will be a baby shower/wedding combo so Nathan can pay for everything and everyone.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Good news, my ass.  I want to cry for that poor girl.  She’s going to be a brood mare for the next 20 years or more and live in abject poverty.  Nothing about that is even remotely good.

I believe God had nothing to do with this.😩

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Truth.

Nuri was mommy to her siblings and now will be raising even more kids… She didn’t get much of a break. If she follows Jill’s trend she’ll have 4 kids in 5 years.

1 hour ago, Nysha said:

I feel sorry that Timothy Rodrigues is still single, but I also think he's creepily scary and wouldn't want to subject a young girl to his headship.

I agree whoever marries him will be one miserable woman.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Truth.

Nuri was mommy to her siblings and now will be raising even more kids… She didn’t get much of a break. If she follows Jill’s trend she’ll have 4 kids in 5 years.

I wonder how Jill will feel if her daughters surpass her childbearing abilities. 

Re TimRod, surely there has to be a fundy family just waiting to unload a “difficult” daughter that doesn’t care who she marries as long as she’s out of their hair. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Triple P said:

Oh that's right! I forgot to reverse them. The Hills have 9 boys, 4 girls. 🙂

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, Fosca said:

That quote leaves out part of the verse. But the way I remember it being interpreted (at my heathen liberal Methodist church) was basically that everything and everyone matters to God, no matter what value humans place on them. But, again, liberal Methodist.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill should stop posting that she might be pregnant again. Baby Janessa is what 4? If she did not get pregnant by now she is not going to be. 

I’m hoping Kaylee’s wedding will be moved to December.

Or maybe it will be a baby shower/wedding combo so Nathan can pay for everything and everyone.

Putting the option of Baby #14 on the checklist is Jill's way of inserting herself into the conversation. It's all about Jill, always, but there's no way that worn out cow is going to produce another baby. Oh, I hope. 

If there's a way to get Nathan to pay for everything, Jill will figure it out. She has Jonathan and his family to tap now too. Sophia may finally get to see a dentist about her jaw alignment issue. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Thanks -- I go through periods where I don't read about fundies at all. If it's not in the news like the fat felon, I don't hear about it. 

8 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

How colossally stupid do people have to be to NOT put an infant in a damn car seat?! JFC. 

• Love 12