Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Check to see if lumpy is alive! He is wearing socks… guess it is cold in the room.

AA9E6002-8318-4968-943A-2F19A58F5488.jpeg

2E9F6CB1-0764-415B-B04C-E36456A6BEFB.jpeg

Looks like Lumpy Dumpty rolled out of bed directly into his recliner for food and entertainment. Meanwhile, his kids are stuffing envelopes instead of going to school. 

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Lolz get off the phone and raise your rodlets 

69207758-3150-40BA-848E-D7AA6FFB26BC.jpeg

I have a full time job where I go to work and have time to party and post pics. It's the weirdest thing, I don't need a MLM job to make money and do those things. 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Looks like Lumpy Dumpty rolled out of bed directly into his recliner for food and entertainment. Meanwhile, his kids are stuffing envelopes instead of going to school. 

Actually, they should all be tucked up in their beds.  People noted on another site that the clock said 11:30 and it was dark outside.

9 hours ago, louannems said:

Actually, they should all be tucked up in their beds.  People noted on another site that the clock said 11:30 and it was dark outside.

11:30pm and the 3-year-old is still up. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Love 4
On 1/11/2022 at 6:44 AM, iwantcookies said:

Why such a blurry picture girl? I thought I was going blind. 

EE5D9145-A480-409E-B4C7-F423712FD66A.jpeg

= JRod’s effort to hypnotize us ALL into buying Plexus

6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Hanging out with bme/only friend yay 😵💫😞

6D1DCC1A-26E2-4B0F-A327-6ADB79062962.jpeg

Is Jill rationing eye makeup now? She’s her usual raccoony self and these two dtrs appear to have no makeup on at all (le scandal!).

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

= JRod’s effort to hypnotize us ALL into buying Plexus

Is Jill rationing eye makeup now? She’s her usual raccoony self and these two dtrs appear to have no makeup on at all (le scandal!).

Those poor, poor eyebrows...

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, louannems said:

8 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

11:30pm and the 3-year-old is still up. 🤦🏼‍♀️

I confess. A couple of months ago I noticed that JillR's SM posts had interesting time stamps. So I went to her FB page because it seems to me that FB does a more detailed time stamp on a post than IG does. I scrolled through her posts and found time stamps around midnight, at least one at something like 6:15 am, and IIRC even at least one with an early a.m. stamp somewhere between midnight and 6am. She also put up posts throughout the day, but those late night and early hours posts were there too. I'm in a time zone two hours different from the Eastern, which is where JillR lives and generally moves, so I adjusted for that time difference. Even so, it seemed to me that she was posting a lot, at "all hours" as my grandma used to say. I doubt she'd use any kind of app to pre-load her posts and then have them go live later, assuming you can even do that, so IMO the time stamps reflect when she mashed the link to "post" that stuff. 

That bit of research leads me to think that their household is chaotic, and of course JillR drives the schedule. So if it's 11 PM and she decides a few of the kids need to help her with a project ("helping" I'm sure means they do the work and she directs it)? The kids "help" her with the project. No matter that they may be tired. 

Also IMO it's no mystery to me why the Rodlet daughters are often barefoot when the sons are wearing shoes. The daughters rarely have shoes that fit. We've commented on that. Bare feet must be better than squeezing your feet into old shoes that are too small, or shuffling around in too-large shoes. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

not winter coats and all. then there are these 2 who must be freezing

Screenshot (193).png

Did she post this yesterday?  It was hella cold up here in NE Ohio on Tuesday, the high was in the mid 20's and it was windy.  It's been bitter cold since Sunday with a biting wind.  I wore a parka, wool hat and mittens just to walk from my house to the car and from the parking lot into work and was still cold.

Also, I don't know why she captioned the photo as as 'bright' and 'sunshiny'.  We don't get much sun in the winter and it has been partly cloudy at best for weeks.  Today it is balmy in the 30's and still cloudy, not much wind.  Feels like summer compared to the past few days.

• Love 11

she posted it last night. they state it is very cold, or so cold, but pretty. also Tessie and Kaylee have to wave to the camera. they have no mittens or gloves and are quick to jam their hands back into their pockets.

Edited by crazy8s
58 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (193).png

In the north in January, "bright and sunshiny" usually translates into "bitter cold with Real Feel temps in the single or negative digits."  So for Jill, naturally it's a perfect day to take a trek down the road with bare legs and tennis shoes.

I love walking when the sun makes an appearance in January/February, but I am bundled up like the little brother in A Christmas Story.  Betcha Jill was plenty toasty with layers and warm boots, though.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 23
12 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

In the north in January, "bright and sunshiny" usually translates into "bitter cold with Real Feel temps in the single or negative digits."  So for Jill, naturally it's a perfect day to take a trek down the road with bare legs and tennis shoes.

I love walking when the sun makes an appearance in January/February, but I am bundled up like the little brother in A Christmas Story.  Betcha Jill was plenty toasty with layers and warm boots, though.

I love the first sunny day after a cold snap - it gives temps in the 30s a new meaning and a new feeling. We're going to have about one day in between two cold snaps - I'll be out for a short walk, for sure.

JillR looked to have a winter coat on and the two older girls spring like jackets.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

So I take it that her SEVERELY injured knee has miraculously recovered. My husband has a  similar injury and going on walks is very low on his list of fun activities. 

Wait, when did Jill injure her knee? 

ETA: just kidding, wasn’t that all she talked about for weeks? My snark must not be at full power today.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • LOL 20
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Screenshot (193).png

I don’t care how rural an area is. It is never, ever, ever safe to walk this close to the road. Especially for children. I just watched an episode of Forensic Files where a drunk driver hit a group of children walking in the road and kept going. It was freezing yesterday. I had two layers of clothing, a heavy coat and hat, and the thickest gloves and still felt like my fingers were frozen.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Wait, when did Jill injure her knee? 

According to Jill, she fell down the stairs while the addition was still being built right before Nurie had Nemo.  She posted a bunch of pictures showing her swollen ankle and knee plus a knee brace.  Her trip down to Florida to see her first grandchild was a chore for her and David and the daughters who accompanied Jill.  

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

According to Jill, she fell down the stairs while the addition was still being built right before Nurie had Nemo.  She posted a bunch of pictures showing her swollen ankle and knee plus a knee brace.  Her trip down to Florida to see her first grandchild was a chore for her and David and the daughters who accompanied Jill.  

She was in a freaking wheelchair on that one boat trip they took in Florida for full attention whoring purposes. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

So I take it that her SEVERELY injured knee has miraculously recovered. My husband has a  similar injury and going on walks is very low on his list of fun activities. 

I thought about that as well. Mr Turquoise "only" tore his meniscus right before Thanksgiving, and will be having surgery next week. He's mobile, but not taking off on refreshing jaunts these days.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Turquoise said:

I thought about that as well. Mr Turquoise "only" tore his meniscus right before Thanksgiving, and will be having surgery next week. He's mobile, but not taking off on refreshing jaunts these days.

Good thoughts going out to Mr. Turquoise!

• Love 12

Jill must be pissed she didn't at least get an MRI to brag about, much less a Surgery Operation. Imagine Jill staging a grand entrance into the Ladies' Retreat in a wheelchair being pushed by a group of Rodlets throwing fake flowers on the hotel carpet. Take that, Amy Foster. 

Wishing a speedy recovery to Mr. Turquoise!

• LOL 7
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

*yawn* JillRod SEVERELY tore FOUR “things” in *her* knee so Mr. Turquoise has nothing on her. So there.

My mom was in a very bad accident about 10 years ago and she tore her things in her knee all to hell. She went from the ER right to the OR. If Jillybean was really bad off she would have been operated on. 

• Love 15

My grandchildren,  who have never met a sprinkle they didn't like, decorate cookies very much the same. However, we give them a limited number of cookies of their own to decorate. And we don't showcase them on social media. 

• Love 15