Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Still, even if she provided edible food, how much Jill Rodrigues can a sane person take in such a short period of time? 

I could take 2 minutes.
Maybe.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Does Jill even know enough people who would attend three different parties she's hosting? I get the church ladies sitting around looking bored, but who came to the "English" neighborhood Christmas party and to the "Amish" neighborhood Christmas party [unnecessary commas omitted]? 

Jill is notoriously cheap when it comes to spending money on anyone other than herself (unless there's a grift to be setup or be rewarded). Maybe she shelled out for crackers and dip because she wanted to show off her new addition. Still, even if she provided edible food, how much Jill Rodrigues can a sane person take in such a short period of time? 

If deaf I can tolerate the manic extensions Jillcatraz for a few hours. 

• LOL 4

I just watched a couple of JillR's Christmas videos. I can't stand her screeching voice. When she talks to her kids, she uses that high pitched sticky sweet voice. How can she not know how to talk to little kids when she has had so many? She is so self centered and weird! 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Ma turtleneck and her upside down gift 

What is she wearing? 

63CDBB39-F2A7-49D9-AF82-247D90950D55.jpeg

I can smell this cheap CVS gift set through the screen and it’s giving me a headache. I used to buy these for my mom and family members when I was a little kid. They would always mysteriously disappear. Maybe the Rodlets scrounged through the sofa cushions to find enough change to buy this for their grandmother, but I suspect it’s a gift from Jill and Shrek.

• Love 17
Just now, charmed1 said:

I can smell this cheap CVS gift set through the screen and it’s giving me a headache. I used to buy these for my mom and family members when I was a little kid. They would always mysteriously disappear. Maybe the Rodlets scrounged through the sofa cushions to find enough change to buy this for their grandmother, but I suspect it’s a gift from Jill and Shrek.

Jill probably bought it last year on clearance! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

seems a rather worldly gift. and Jill's coat and Hannah's boots certainly look like things that fall into the "pertaineth to man" catagory of clothing. maybe jill got a "blouse coat" 😂

also the top selling point for sammers' new weapon is that it is good for rodent control. an air rifle seems not very manly mannish... sort of like a gun for... what was jill's word, hmm...sissies.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, charmed1 said:

It’s held upside down in the photo, but I think “from Tessie” is written on one corner of the box. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

also the top selling point for sammers' new weapon is that it is good for rodent control. an air rifle seems not very manly mannish... sort of like a gun for... what was jill's word, hmm...sissies.

Then Samuel can use the air rifle to put the greasy tiny mice (that are part of the “soup” that BME made) out of their misery. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

It’s held upside down in the photo, but I think “from Tessie” is written on one corner of the box. 

Tessie and the Rodlets all get a pass, although “From Tessie” could likely have been written by Best Mama Ever. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I see Jill’s SEVERELY injured knee is fine… trying on clothes standing up, taping the kids…

stop faking your injury Jill.

She may not be faking it, but she’s definitely exaggerating its severity . . .

• Love 8
16 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

J looks like a little refugee. Barefoot and wearing layers. I don’t get why the kids are always so poorly dressed! I hope she is not cold. 

D0599C22-86A0-464D-B525-4F5BC40C7189.jpeg

That dress is at least four sizes too big.

Edited by farmgal4
Changed a word
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Yep, she doesn't even get cute clothes that fit her properly on a holiday.  And, rather than running around barefoot, why can't the little ones wear those cute fuzzy slippers with puppies or bunnies on them?  

I just want to take all these little girls and find them cute playclothes, fix their hair nicely (even cutting it as needed) and put shoes on them that fit and are suitable for running around being a kid.

Oddly enough, their being barefoot may prevent them from slipping on all of Jill’s ridiculous throw rugs. 

Edited by AmosTheAardvark
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

Yep, she doesn't even get cute clothes that fit her properly on a holiday.  And, rather than running around barefoot, why can't the little ones wear those cute fuzzy slippers with puppies or bunnies on them?  

I just want to take all these little girls and find them cute playclothes, fix their hair nicely (even cutting it as needed) and put shoes on them that fit and are suitable for running around being a kid.

yes, but they will still want their Best Momma (Mama) ever.  Even abused/neglected kids mostly want to be back with their parents (without the abuse/neglect of course)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

I bought fuzzy slippers for $3 a pair, surely they could have gotten some cute ones at that price! 

• Love 7
On 12/25/2021 at 4:11 PM, Rootbeer said:

One of the big tenets of the Amish faith is that one is to lead a 'plain' life; to be part of the crowd to have no ego, to not seek attention or aggrandizement over anyone else.  One of the reasons you don't run into any Amish doctors or lawyers is because they eschew higher education as a form of pride, a way to elevate onself over everyone else.  Meanwhile, Jill's entire raison d'etre is to continually brag about how much better she is than anyone else.  She's anti-Amish.  

The Amish eschew education after the 8th grade because they don't believe it is necessary for their way of life, not because of arrogance or pride. (The Supreme Court of the US has refused to require more because they found that this is an expression of the parents' First Amendment right to practice their religion.) 

On 12/25/2021 at 5:39 PM, madpsych78 said:

It's probably very unlikely that the Amish have been vaccinated themselves...but then again, they are less likely to mingle with non-Amish folk.

The 17% number of Amish vaccinated against Covid is misleading, in my opinion. The vaccination numbers are coming from vaccination sites. Amish generally receive their healthcare, including vaccines, in less traditional ways. They are also, unfortunately, though, more likely to take the "eh, people get sick, some recover some don't" approach to things like Covid. As you say, though, they're less likely to mingle with non-Amish (to the point that their genetics are a MESSSSSSSSS), so more likely to keep an outbreak within their community rather than attend superspreader events.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

The olive, paprika and saffron clothes Jessa was shilling cost around $10 a piece. JillR has 3 (or 4?) girls around the same age. The dresses could be shared and handed down. Even discount store and secondhand store clothing run around $10.

• Love 5

I want to know why the females in this family are often pictured barefoot? Jill posted a family picture at Thanksgiving of the family. Every single female young to old pictured in the front were barefoot. There are even pictures of the Rodrigues chidren barefoot singing at church. Can someone explain this?  Is this part of their religion?

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I want to know why the females in this family are often pictured barefoot? Jill posted a family picture at Thanksgiving of the family. Every single female young to old pictured in the front were barefoot. There are even pictures of the Rodrigues chidren barefoot singing at church. Can someone explain this?  Is this part of their religion?

I think it's as simple as having shoes that don't fit. I remember seeing one of the waifs (forget which one) wearing shoes so big they looked like clown shoes. 

• Love 5

I run around barefoot a lot because I like it, but I suspect they're likely barefoot simply because they're cheap and don't have enough shoes or, as emmawoodhouse noted, don't have enough shoes that actually fit. 

• Love 10

I seem to remember a while back, that some kind person did take some of the children shoe shopping.  Or did I imagine that?

1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think it's as simple as having shoes that don't fit. I remember seeing one of the waifs (forget which one) wearing shoes so big they looked like clown shoes. 

I remember that, too.  Very sad.

1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

They’re practicing for their future, which is to be barefoot and pregnant.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I seem to remember a while back, that some kind person did take some of the children shoe shopping.  Or did I imagine that?

I remember that, too.  Very sad.

Yes, someone at one of the churches where they "sang" took at least some of them shoe shopping. I don't remember who exactly got new shoes.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yes, the boys wear shoes. 

And the boys wear shoes that are generally appropriate to the activity being pictured and seem to fit them properly.  Just like their clothes.  There seems to be a definite double standard in the Rod home.  We also often see the little girls bare legged in cold weather or wearing tights that are stained or torn.  I doubt any of the boys goes without socks or has to wear socks that have holes in them.

I do think the little girls especially, tend to run around barefoot because they are often in shoes that are too big and sometimes even the littler ones have been seen in shoes with heels that are higher than the typical preschooler wears.  The shoes they usually wear are even worse tripping hazards with the multiple throw rugs than slippers would be.

• Love 5

Speaking of clothing choices. This is what the Websters (Alyssa Bates) wore strawberry picking.

Also, Alyssa once bragged their family never had covid, but she also hasn't posted in 5 days now. Alyssa almost always posts everyday. It makes me wonder if taking trip 101 during a pandemic, ran her luck out.

image.png.cf04ccdd6b4cf47658489bdd6bd06d9e.pngimage.png.c2336ff26f976fa404c3d40fc250cd3e.png

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Speaking of clothing choices. This is what the Websters (Alyssa Bates) wore strawberry picking.

Also, Alyssa once bragged their family never had covid, but she also hasn't posted in 5 days now. Alyssa almost always posts everyday. It makes me wonder if taking trip 101 during a pandemic, ran her luck out.

image.png.cf04ccdd6b4cf47658489bdd6bd06d9e.pngimage.png.c2336ff26f976fa404c3d40fc250cd3e.png

That baby is a little doll.  She needs to be the Gerber baby!  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yes, someone did buy at least some of the kids shoes.

Jill took pictures of them holding or wearing the shoes, with a thank you to the anonymous donor.  

Then the shoes were never seen again, as far as I could tell.  I've always suspected that Jill returned them to the store and either got money back or used store credit to get something for herself.

I could be wrong, but with Jill's history, I think it really could have happened.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3