Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I care less about her posting an offensive "joke" and more about the fact that this "joke" happened during "wholesome" Bates family fun time and elicited laughs from all.  I'm hoping for a "consequence culture" effect because they think George Floyd's murder is fodder for shits and giggles, not because Carlin mistakenly posted it.

Edit because I'm so irritated by this situation:  I'd be a little salty if they (or anyone) easily forgot George Floyd so soon after his murder.  But not only do they remember, his name slides so easily from their lips in reference to the hunting of an animal.  I cannot overstate how angry I am about this. 

Yea, I'm pissed too. Next up and Carlin will pull a Derick. After Derick posted hate about Jazz, he put out a blanket statement inviting folks from the LGBTQ+ community to his church.

I hope folks don't forget about this racist incident as quick is they forgot about Derick's.

• Love 19

I owe Carlin a thank you, really.  She reminded me of who these people are, despite their SM finesse and appeal and cute kids.  

I don't really mind Derek, but you're right @GeeGolly, I've let his anti-Jazz campaign go.  And if I'm being honest, I probably didn't feel the same outrage for Jazz because it didn't feel as personal to me (which is shitty of me).

So now I need to rethink my fun hobby of fundie deep-diving.  

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 21
23 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I care less about her posting an offensive "joke" and more about the fact that this "joke" happened during "wholesome" Bates family fun time and elicited laughs from all.  I'm hoping for a "consequence culture" effect because they think George Floyd's murder is fodder for shits and giggles, not because Carlin mistakenly posted it.

Edit because I'm so irritated by this situation:  I'd be a little salty if they (or anyone) easily forgot George Floyd so soon after his murder.  But not only do they remember, his name slides so easily from their lips in reference to the hunting of an animal.  I cannot overstate how angry I am about this. 

Yep. “All lives matter,” except for those that don’t matter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I owe Carlin a thank you, really.  She reminded me of who these people are, despite their SM finesse and appeal and cute kids.  

you're right @GeeGolly

I agree. The Bateses present a pretty picture but they're truly nasty people at heart. They post Bible verses regularly, yet they mock someone's murder? I don't care where anyone stands on the political spectrum or how they feel about law enforcement, social justice groups or whatever. We're allowed to have opinions, but laughing over someone's death is flat-out cruel. And the fact that the name slipped so easily from Trace's lips tells me it's a running joke with that crowd. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope the fallout from Carlin's post is big. #cancelcarlin #cancelBUB

Came back to add a link. Not sure who this online publication is, but they picked it up. There's also a link to the clip. No way, no how, Carlin didn't hear that.

https://www.tvshowsace.com/2021/11/20/bringing-up-bates-family-disturbing-controversial-history-surfaces/

I am waiting to see if People or Us publish something. That would have farther reaching consequences.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. The Bateses present a pretty picture but they're truly nasty people at heart. They post Bible verses regularly, yet they mock someone's murder? I don't care where anyone stands on the political spectrum or how they feel about law enforcement, social justice groups or whatever. We're allowed to have opinions, but laughing over someone's death is flat-out cruel. And the fact that the name slipped so easily from Trace's lips tells me it's a running joke with that crowd. 

A lot of victim blaming going on these days . Josh should be forgiven but others should be defined by their past mistakes forever . So much for “pro life.”

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

A lot of victim blaming going on these days . Josh should be forgiven but others should be defined by their past mistakes forever . So much for “pro life.”

It really should be called Pro Fetus.

• Love 19
On 11/20/2021 at 5:48 AM, emmawoodhouse said:

What did Timbits do this time? Those flowers are so NOT "just because." 🙄

And where is he ? Still riding the fairy ? Honestly , when's the last time he was seen in any of Jill's videos and pics .

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
39 minutes ago, lianau said:

And where is he ? Still riding the fairy ? Honestly , when's the last time he was seen in any of Jill's videos and pics .

He hasn't been traveling with them, and that comprises the majority if Jilly's body of SM work. There will probably be a pic of him holding Nemo this week. We should also expect the Grand Unveiling of of the over dreckorated living room very soon. A miracle they finished in time!!! 🙄

• Useful 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

Upstairs attic should called 

The prayer asylum 🤣

Jill has no taste. That room is small and poorly designed. And still no video on where she “injured” herself.

No update on the treatment plan either. I think she’s hoping we forgot about it, now she can post pictures of the decor and exclaim how hard she worked.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

No update on the treatment plan either. I think she’s hoping we forgot about it, now she can post pictures of the decor and exclaim how hard she worked.

Hehehe... doesn't she know by now we all have very long memories?

• LOL 6
16 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He hasn't been traveling with them, and that comprises the majority if Jilly's body of SM work. There will probably be a pic of him holding Nemo this week. We should also expect the Grand Unveiling of of the over dreckorated living room very soon. A miracle they finished in time!!! 🙄

I LOVE dreckorated!  I'm stealing it, thank you!

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Do you think JillRod was hurt that the whole family wasn’t invited to David Keller’s wedding?

I do thinks Jill is insulted she wasn't invited. Fundy wedding invites are usually family invites, so it seems a bit odd. But I wonder what families, or if whole families, were invited. They seemed to have a reception that somewhat resembled a typical mainstream one, so maybe they limited the guest list?

• Love 5

I definitely see the similarities between the Turpins and Rods. The odd speech patterns and limited vocabulary. The frail bodies and sunken eyes. Especially Phillip. The rehearsed rictus grins when in public. The moving from state to state. The differences being that there’s no hard proof that the Rods deprive their children of food and baths. And Jill is rumored to keep a tidy home. Although her tchotchke addiction could be considered similar to Ma Turpin’s Disney addiction. One small thing that I found eerily similar was how the Turpin kids couldn’t remember what grade they were supposed to be in. In one of those hostage videos Jill posted, where the kids are all, “I’m doing maaath…byyyyyye” at least one of the kids couldn’t remember what grade he was in until Jill fed him his line.

But I wonder who would be the Jordan of the Rodlets? Even with her limited knowledge of the outside world and lack of basic vocabulary, Jordan had wits and bravery. I don’t know if any of the older Rodlets would go against their parents for the sake of their younger siblings. All of their spirits seem to have been broken. Maybe Tessie can gain access to some Bieber videos on a contraband phone and plot her escape.

• Love 16

Oh dear, oh dear, somehow I envisioned a little role-play scenario where Jill is the demanding  "inspector" who must be won over by Shrek, a "hunky" "builder" clad only in leggings, tool belt, and a vacant, gap-toothed smile. It all starts when he gives her a sexy wink......

Sorry, I know I didn't have to share that with you, but Satan built a fortress in my heart.

• LOL 21
7 minutes ago, Portia said:

Oh dear, oh dear, somehow I envisioned a little role-play scenario where Jill is the demanding  "inspector" who must be won over by Shrek, a "hunky" "builder" clad only in leggings, tool belt, and a vacant, gap-toothed smile. It all starts when he gives her a sexy wink......

Sorry, I know I didn't have to share that with you, but Satan built a fortress in my heart.

🤮

• LOL 4

644E3211-C197-422C-AFD7-ED56001DEF42.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Portia said:

Jill is on board for your fantasy!

• LOL 8
4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill, you thought this was postworthy because.... 😣

image.jpeg.7e5db67e8b15a5c0ff72c330e2d87f16.jpeg

That is better than plexus 🤢. Not a HUNK.

The kids aka free labor must be exhausted. Jill is probably making them work 12 hour days with no food. That room is hideous. 

And no mention of the injury. What a lying faker!

• Love 10
4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill, you thought this was postworthy because.... 😣

image.jpeg.7e5db67e8b15a5c0ff72c330e2d87f16.jpeg

Where are the back pockets? If I didn’t know any better, I’d assume these are the old lady elastic waist jeans my mom buys from her catalogs.

• LOL 18
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

0EB5E0F0-F52A-44B5-9D07-5F0570AFEF6C.jpeg

821B95FD-E489-4E2D-91C1-A2387E09737E.jpeg

WTF ? Shiplap on the ceiling?  Even Joana Gaines wouldn't do that.  And that has got to be just about the ugliest shiplap I've ever seen, what a terrible color!  It looks so cheap.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
22 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

It looks more like 70s paneling than shiplap. It should be an accent, not a room encased in "shiplap" - it looks awful and cheap.

It looks to be all 70s paneling except for around the window, where there appears to be actual shiplap. I'm guessing they learned their lesson in the mess of a room they created upstairs. With paneling the seams hide themselves. Ugly AF, IMO, but it least it doesn't look like it was put up by toddlers in the dark.

What a shame though. I've seen half-ass basement remodels that look more inviting than that room.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

do you all think the plan is to heat this with space heaters? I have seen no heat source in the pics so far. There was a space heater in one of the pics when jilly was showing off her manly men working.

The  original  barndo had baseboard heating in the bedrooms and the ceiling mount industrial type heaters in the kitchen and print shop space. 

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

do you all think the plan is to heat this with space heaters? I have seen no heat source in the pics so far. There was a space heater in one of the pics when jilly was showing off her manly men working.

The  original  barndo had baseboard heating in the bedrooms and the ceiling mount industrial type heaters in the kit  chen and print shop space. 

OMG, I didn't even notice that! If they were using baseboard heaters they would be on the outside wall(s) and there's none under the bay window. Maybe they have forced hot air and the vents are somewhere in the ceiling that we haven't seen? They could be doing radiant heat on the floors, but that's expensive and would barely heat the room down stairs.

OMG, they going to heat it with space heaters. You can't make this shit up.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

The living room is an OCD person’s nightmare.  All the boards going different directions, different colors. Made my hands twitch to straighten them out. I am now a nervous wreck.  

Edited by sheshark
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

That is better than plexus 🤢. Not a HUNK.

The kids aka free labor must be exhausted. Jill is probably making them work 12 hour days with no food. That room is hideous. 

And no mention of the injury. What a lying faker!

The room is already awful, and she hasn’t even started decorating it yet.  WTH would they choose to do the ceiling like that?  Just a plain white ceiling would’ve looked much better IMO.  It’s like she chose 5 or 6 very different styles and threw them all into one room.  Obviously, less isn’t more in Jill’s world.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

The room is already awful, and she hasn’t even started decorating it yet.  WTH would they choose to do the ceiling like that?  Just a plain white ceiling would’ve looked much better IMO.  It’s like she chose 5 or 6 very different styles and threw them all into one room.  Obviously, less isn’t more in Jill’s world.

And why ruin what could have been a very open feel kind of room by closing off the entire upper half? The could have made an attic for storage on half and their "guests" could sleep in the RV.

• Love 3

Jill was probably trying to be trendy by using shiplap on the ceiling. Some of my friends did that, but they used actual hardwood though. I was with my friend when she picked out the hardwood she wanted for her living room ceiling. It looks amazing. Jill probably didn't have anyone grift her some actual hardwood.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Jill was probably trying to be trendy by using shiplap on the ceiling. Some of my friends did that, but they used actual hardwood though. I was with my friend when she picked out the hardwood she wanted for her living room ceiling. It looks amazing. Jill probably didn't have anyone grift her some actual hardwood.

I think when JillR went to Magnolia during her summer vacation in Texas, she saw some shiplap decor. She went home and gave the Barndo the JillR version. Cheap, tacky and just plain fugly. Wood ceilings also look better in larger spaces with higher ceilings. 

• Love 12

JillR has pictures up on Instagram of the finished guest room and I’m here to say we underestimated how tacky it is. Only nice thing is a quilt that I think she said a neighbor made. Sorry I can’t link, she also breathlessly explains how she was going for an old fashioned look. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3