Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

And they are leaving for another revival in about a week. Alabama this time, IIRC.

That's probably a good thing for Nurie.  She'll have Jill out of her life while she adjusts.  

• Love 17
42 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Most freestanding birthing centers discharge moms and babies in 4-6 hours after delivery.  They don’t have full time staff. They only come in when someone is in labor. Moms who need more time would be transferred to a regular hospital’s maternity unit.

Damn...I cannot imagine being discharged 4-6 hours after birthing either of my two kids. I was so dehydrated from my early labor causing me to throw up every last bit of food and drink in my system and tired from having been up most of the night in labor prior to the birth that I could barely sit up 4 hours afterward. Not to mention I needed the nurses to help me position and latch the babies for that first day after while figuring out breastfeeding. If I'd had to replace the nurses who helped me in those first 48 hours to breastfeed, change the babies, take them back and forth to the nursery so I could sleep/recover, etc. with my well-meaning but clueless husband, I can't imagine how much worse my first few days postpartum would have been. 

I had no idea birthing centers with midwives functioned that way - they're usually touted as so much more "natural" and centered around the mom's experience...but being sent home to fend for yourself that fast after birth seems like the exact opposite of that.

• Love 24
Just now, thehorseofpower said:

Damn...I cannot imagine being discharged 4-6 hours after birthing either of my two kids. I was so dehydrated from my early labor causing me to throw up every last bit of food and drink in my system and tired from having been up most of the night in labor prior to the birth that I could barely sit up 4 hours afterward. Not to mention I needed the nurses to help me position and latch the babies for that first day after while figuring out breastfeeding. If I'd had to replace the nurses who helped me in those first 48 hours to breastfeed, change the babies, take them back and forth to the nursery so I could sleep/recover, etc. with my well-meaning but clueless husband, I can't imagine how much worse my first few days postpartum would have been. 

I had no idea birthing centers with midwives functioned that way - they're usually touted as so much more "natural" and centered around the mom's experience...but being sent home to fend for yourself that fast after birth seems like the exact opposite of that.

But motherhood is so natural, obviously no woman is going to have trouble breastfeeding or healing. Women have been doing it since biblical times with no medical intervention. It’s how God wants it.☹️

30 minutes ago, thehorseofpower said:

Some posters on FJ noted that doulas would do home visits after mom and baby were discharged to help with breastfeeding, etc.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Some posters on FJ noted that doulas would do home visits after mom and baby were discharged to help with breastfeeding, etc.

Yes, most birthing centers that do early discharges also have their clients sign a contract that they will always have another adult present in the home with them for the first week, that they will always have a phone immediately available and that there will be a separate adult present at all times to care for other minor kids, if in the home.

There is virtually always a home visit or a return visit to the Birthing Center in a day or two to weigh the baby, check for jaundice, evaluate any breastfeeding issues, check the mom's blood pressure and how she is recovering.  This is usually done by a nurse, in my experience.  

Most birthing centers also have regular phone contact at intervals as well as a 24 hour number for any problems that come up in the early days.

• Useful 11
  • Love 3

Did David drive the stink van down? It must have been in record time. Do they have to keep grifting even on this visit? Have they spent all their stimulus money? 

I bet Jill's injury was a MDM (modest dress mishap). She was trying to do something physical like step over a pothole in a parking lot (hello, David) while wearing a tight, full-length, denim skirt. Obstacle won. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Is that Tessie behind Jill?  She looks so different without a rictus grin on her face.  Clearly she didn't know BME was snapping selfies.  Tessie looks thrilled to be in a room with what appears to be a gaggle of old men.  #freeTessie

Yes. Someone on Reddit posted a few more screenshots and I don’t think I’m being hyperbolic in saying Tessie looks like she’s near death. Renee is sitting next to her wearing some old lady Talbot’s blazer and looking absolutely miserable, but not as bad as Tessie. Tessie looks both starved and exhausted and her eyebrows are gone. She’s wearing a thin sundress on top of a black t-shirt. It’s really a sad sight. 

1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I bet Jill's injury was a MDM (modest dress mishap). She was trying to do something physical like step over a pothole in a parking lot (hello, David) while wearing a tight, full-length, denim skirt. Obstacle won. 

on of the videos from the farm in ohio was a tug of war - showed sammers, one of the not nuries, Tessie and Hannah against stick thin Phillp, Gabriel and the other not nurie. girls in long skirts and no shoes doing tug of war..... any way the team with 4 won and there was some excuses from the losing team of it being unfair and they needed another person. I think i would just about die laughing if Jill joined in and the opposing team yanked and toppled her over. she was shown doing every other thing there with the teens so maybe.... but she was also shown on rides for preschoolers....

though another video shows best hubby ever joining to sort of participate, so 4 against 4. best hubby looks less than thrilled to be involved

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Yes. Someone on Reddit posted a few more screenshots and I don’t think I’m being hyperbolic in saying Tessie looks like she’s near death. Renee is sitting next to her wearing some old lady Talbot’s blazer and looking absolutely miserable, but not as bad as Tessie. Tessie looks both starved and exhausted and her eyebrows are gone. She’s wearing a thin sundress on top of a black t-shirt. It’s really a sad sight. 

Do you think Jill witholds food as punishment? I saw those screenshots and Tessie looked like she was on the verge of passing out. She had dark circles under her eyes and her arms were stick-thin, more so than the usual Rodlet. 

I agree with what one Redditer speculated, that Jill goes on an all-out campaign to destroy her daughters so they can't compete with her. Tessie was a gorgeous girl, and then boom! She hits puberty, the eyebrows have been massacred and she looks like she's on death's doorstep. I truly believe Jill is that extreme of a narcissist to do such a thing.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SJC said:

I agree. She looked so happy. 😁

And all because David was SEVERELY hungry. SMH
😉

OMFG, I read that as “because David was severely HUNG.” I was like “whaaaaaaat?! He got Dunlop syndrome!”

Edited by Enya Face
I cannot spell!
  • LOL 14
20 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Do you think Jill witholds food as punishment? I saw those screenshots and Tessie looked like she was on the verge of passing out. She had dark circles under her eyes and her arms were stick-thin, more so than the usual Rodlet. 

I agree with what one Redditer speculated, that Jill goes on an all-out campaign to destroy her daughters so they can't compete with her. Tessie was a gorgeous girl, and then boom! She hits puberty, the eyebrows have been massacred and she looks like she's on death's doorstep. I truly believe Jill is that extreme of a narcissist to do such a thing.

I think with Kaylee and Nurie spending their time doing the most important things women in their cult are allowed to do - courtin’ and birthin’ and Jill acting as a barnacle to them both, Tessie and Renee have probably been saddled with triple the amount of responsibilities they had before. They’re having to try to feed and dress their siblings and then sit in these random churches for hours on end. Not to mention being stuck in a cramped RV where it’s absolutely impossible for all the children to sleep in beds. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Okay, the baby's here. And about an hour later? It's JILL TIME again! She just posted a new video (this is a screen grab):

Screen-Shot-2021-10-11-at-10_20.33-AM.thumb.jpg.41dc8ebf0f453f732de79de0f29489a5.jpg

Most of the video is of the pulpit area where David was preaching (I kept the sound off) but of COURSE she had to turn the camera on herself in the front row. 

I flove Tessie’s bitchface!

• Love 6
On 10/10/2021 at 7:01 PM, christine falls said:

It's on the church's facebook page. This is Nurie & Nathan's church in FL

https://www.facebook.com/Faith-Baptist-Church-364680196947750/

They are in the video from this morning. The Rod secion starts just after 13 minutes (beware screeching violin). The pastor giving the name away starts about 5 minutes in. 

OK..what in the wide, wide world of sports is this picture doing on this church's Facebook page? 🤔🙄🤣

rps20211011_203052.jpg

rps20211011_203145.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 6

Who thinks JillR will be sticking around to help Nurie and who thinks once she does her SM posts she will have to get back to her grifting and Nurthan is on their own? This baby is just another thing for JillR to boast about and use as a prop for own glory.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Who thinks JillR will be sticking around to help Nurie and who thinks once she does her SM posts she will have to get back to her grifting and Nurthan is on their own? This baby is just another thing for JillR to boast about and use as a prop for own glory.

They have a grifting appointment next week in Alabama.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, thehorseofpower said:

They don’t send you home to fend for yourself. They have a system of frequent, personal checkups for mom and baby, usually in your home, at least at first. 24 hrs, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, and 6 weeks is common. They have breastfeeding support, newborn exams, weighing, and referrals for postpartum support as needed. I’ve experienced it for all of my births and have provided the care as a healthcare provider. 

• Useful 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

The follow up visits are part of the package, as I said before, most birthing centers require some sort of contract when a woman enters into care there.  If she is going to deliver there, she has got to be willing to have the home visits, phone calls (often via FaceTime) and other follow up or she would be advised to choose another option.

Women who choose freestanding birthing centers for their deliveries are well aware of the rules and they are the sort who don't want anesthesia, who do want to return home ASAP.  It's not for everyone, it requires being very careful in selecting the center and the practitioners; but it can be a very reasonable and safe option for women having low risk, uncomplicated pregnancies who don't want a hospital birth but want something more structured than a homebirth.

As for Jill, I expect that once she gets adequate footage to post online, she will be getting the hell out of Dodge, pronto.  Remember, Jill is younger than springtime and her 'girlies' are her best friends.  Her fondest dream was for her to be pregnant right along with Nurie.  Guess who didn't hold up her end of that bargain?  All this Grandmama stuff, while exciting at first, is going to remind JIll that she is never going to be the center of attention as the expectant mother, that there will be no more Pamper Mama showers, that she is NOT a contemporary of Nurie and her sisters. That she is getting older.  Then the postpartum depression is going to set in.  Not for Nurie, but for BME who sees herself relegated to be background, unable to pretend that she is just one of the girls any longer.

Some, if not most, birthing centers nowadays do offer pain meds.  They can administer some narcotics and/or nitrous oxide, but they don’t offer epidurals.  I’m actually surprised that Nurie chose to use a birthing center, since Jill delivered in hospitals.  I thought that Nurie would want to follow in BME footsteps.  I wonder if she went the birthing center route instead of a hospital because of cost?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Some, if not most, birthing centers nowadays do offer pain meds.  They can administer some narcotics and/or nitrous oxide, but they don’t offer epidurals.  I’m actually surprised that Nurie chose to use a birthing center, since Jill delivered in hospitals.  I thought that Nurie would want to follow in BME footsteps.  I wonder if she went the birthing center route instead of a hospital because of cost?

You're correct, sorry I wasn't clear.  Many, if not most, do offer pain relievers, but not epidurals.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, crazy8s said:

they also now seem to have a set up/display for those earrings the not nuries make and sell. the last video of them shilling was behind a table set up at the church in Vermont displaying their "fall collection"

Jilly will have a hard time keeping up the "musical family" bit moving forward. Nurie, Timcel are often out, Kaylee will most likely be out in the next year. Going on the Vermont videos, that leaves Renee and 3 boys that actually play musical instruments. 2 are over 18 and Samuel will be 18 next month. should any of those get married and stop traveling on the grifting tours, it would leave Gabriel, Tessa who seemed to play a small xylophone, or something on a small stand, and 5 small girls who really can't sing well. (because they are small children)

FYI; Nurie is 22.  Tim is 21. Kaylee is 20. Renee is 19. Phillip is 18. Samuel is 16 and will be 17 next month. 

Having two daughters married will break up the bunch a little bit. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

FYI; Nurie is 22.  Tim is 21. Kaylee is 20. Renee is 19. Phillip is 18. Samuel is 16 and will be 17 next month. 

Having two daughters married will break up the bunch a little bit. 

thanks for the correction - i must have misread the years or just can't do math. maybe a bit of both

8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

thanks for the correction - i must have misread the years or just can't do math. maybe a bit of both

But you're still right. JillR will still be losing her sideshow actors to marriage, one by one, in the coming years. Grifting will get harder and harder. Right now, there's 5 adult kids, 4 teens and the 4 youngest girls.

In 10 years, the 'babies' will be the only minors - Sofia and Janessa will be 16 and 13.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Jill is going to be propped up in bed right next to Nurie, wearing a ruffled bed jacket from her Pamper Grandmama shower.  Her injured leg will be supported on pillows and she will have a little bell to ring so the NotNuries can bring her ice packs, Teddy bears and candy.  If they’re not available,  Nurie can get up and serve her. Being a Glamma is SEVERELY physically draining, y’all!

Sadly, this is probably very true (I love the "ruffled bed jacket" touch).  The only thing worse for Nurie than being smothered by Jill and her special brand of crazy is being smothered by an SEvEReLY INjUReD Jill who is clearly going to need more help than Nurie.  I mean - who is going to clip in Jill's hair extensions if she has a shoulder injury, I ask you?

Is the whole family swarming in Florida right now breathing all over the baby?  I literally can't keep track of where they are and when, since they seem to travel at least 300 days per year.

• Love 10

Tessie has the face of a high fashion model (other than the bad job on her eyebrows). Many of these models starve themselves thin, and Tessie has that look unfortunately. 

Maybe Tessie will be spotted by a modeling agency and end up in New York. For all her yammering about the evils of secular life, Jill would drop Plexus, Hunk, her kids, and the rustic staircase in a hot minute to go to New York and have Tessie provide her with the fancy lifestyle she craves. 

• Love 19

Seeing Tessie's barely there eyebrows makes me sad. I don't know if she wanted to do that, I kind of hope she did and didn't have it forced upon her by Jill in some kind of warped attempt to make her look like a woman ready to court or something. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Seeing Tessie's barely there eyebrows makes me sad. I don't know if she wanted to do that, I kind of hope she did and didn't have it forced upon her by Jill in some kind of warped attempt to make her look like a woman ready to court or something. 

I know it's only eyebrows but it made such a drastic change in her appearance.  She is a natural beauty and I feel like the eyebrows turned her from adolescent to woman overnight.  I hope Tessie isn't desperately sad because she knows this change in her looks is only so Mama can get her ready to start parading her around the conference sites in order to hook herself a new cute Fundie son-in-law.  There's something so heartbreaking about the girls that are Tessie's age not being allowed to explore their own interests or find out what they might be good at.  They hit the teenage years and know that they'll be farmed out to a stranger and pregnant within 5 - 6 years.  

I love the idea of Tessie being discovered as a model and leaving Jill forever - didn't a Plath son do that?  (I really have to watch that show).

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I love the idea of Tessie being discovered as a model and leaving Jill forever - didn't a Plath son do that?  (I really have to watch that show).

I can't see Jill being okay with that! 

I dont' follow the Plaths but I think so. 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I know it's only eyebrows but it made such a drastic change in her appearance.  She is a natural beauty and I feel like the eyebrows turned her from adolescent to woman overnight.  I hope Tessie isn't desperately sad because she knows this change in her looks is only so Mama can get her ready to start parading her around the conference sites in order to hook herself a new cute Fundie son-in-law.  There's something so heartbreaking about the girls that are Tessie's age not being allowed to explore their own interests or find out what they might be good at.  They hit the teenage years and know that they'll be farmed out to a stranger and pregnant within 5 - 6 years.  

Micah Plath is a model. Check out his Instagram. He leaves very little to imagination! 

• LOL 6
54 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Yeah, MIcah Plath is a fine looking young man in a blue-eyed. blond and dimpled way who is constantly forgetting to wear a shirt when he poses for pictures.  He didn't really leave the family, though.  He and another sister share a house in the same small town as their parents.  He travels to the big city of Tallahassee for modeling gigs for the most part, hasn't gone to LA or NY to work as far as we've seen.  He and the sister have broken away from the rigidity of their upbringing, but still see their parents regularly.   For example, he dates and goes out to parties and has friends outside the immediate family; none of which were allowed when he was at home.  His mother is BSC, not in the same way as Jill, but BSC all the same.

micah-plath-tlc-welcome-to-plathville-spoilers-shirtless.png

Edited by Rootbeer
because it's Monday and I thought a pic of Micah might cheer us up
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Okay, I can't carry this alone anymore, lol. I already posted in the Bates forum, but need to share here. Can someone please look at Carlin B's latest IG post? Her feet. So very strange looking.

Whoa. Hoping it's just a strange angle. Otherwise... 😳

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

Yeah, MIcah Plath is a fine looking young man in a blue-eyed. blond and dimpled way who is constantly forgetting to wear a shirt when he poses for pictures.  He didn't really leave the family, though.  He and another sister share a house in the same small town as their parents.  He travels to the big city of Tallahassee for modeling gigs for the most part, hasn't gone to LA or NY to work as far as we've seen.  He and the sister have broken away from the rigidity of their upbringing, but still see their parents regularly.   For example, he dates and goes out to parties and has friends outside the immediate family; none of which were allowed when he was at home.  His mother is BSC, not in the same way as Jill, but BSC all the same.

micah-plath-tlc-welcome-to-plathville-spoilers-shirtless.png

LOL Jill and Kim Plath are friends. Two self-centered nut jobs feeding off each other like the Joker and the Penguin. I do wonder if Jill looks down on the Plaths considering Kim is Barry’s *gasp* second wife! Ethan Plath said Jill tried to set him up for marriage with Nurie. Micah said his parents only allowed them to associate with families like Jill’s (he didn’t name her specifically) but he now enjoys being able to go out and make his own friends of different backgrounds. I know Nurie and Hosanna Plath are “friends,” but I wonder if any of the other Rodlets could get an SOS message to the Plathlets for rescue. Even pious 1992 time warp Lydia Plath can at least wear jeans and keep her own eyebrows.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Yes, most birthing centers that do early discharges also have their clients sign a contract that they will always have another adult present in the home with them for the first week, that they will always have a phone immediately available and that there will be a separate adult present at all times to care for other minor kids, if in the home.

There is virtually always a home visit or a return visit to the Birthing Center in a day or two to weigh the baby, check for jaundice, evaluate any breastfeeding issues, check the mom's blood pressure and how she is recovering.  This is usually done by a nurse, in my experience.  

Most birthing centers also have regular phone contact at intervals as well as a 24 hour number for any problems that come up in the early days.

But a FJ sleuth found the birthing center and they are not real Certified Nurse Midwives, just Licensed midwives, so who knows.  Their website does say there is follow-up care for 6 weeks after.

• Useful 7
1 hour ago, louannems said:

But a FJ sleuth found the birthing center and they are not real Certified Nurse Midwives, just Licensed midwives, so who knows.  Their website does say there is follow-up care for 6 weeks after.

Well, at least they're licensed.  Not as well trained or mainstream as CNM's though.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

So, they announced the name. The pastor DID spill the beans; baby is Nehemiah David. They are going to stick with an N theme. Good luck with that (and don't use my name).

I was looking over boys names.... Norbert, Newt, Nero, Neptune, Nimrod...... there are some few good ones like Nicholas and Noah but they better hope not to have too many boys. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 11