Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think that's cropped from the bathroom pic.

Yes, it is from the bathroom picture, but one of my first impressions from that post was how absolutely demented she looks. However, she is portraying herself as so wise and authoritative.  She doesn’t realize she comes across as quite the opposite.  And the picture does nothing to help!

Edited by Liddy52
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Thanks for posting what Jill was responding to. I only had a synopsis that it was courting vs. dating. 

Not to mention, Jill is all wrong. Shoshanna grew up with the courtship model, yet her marriage still failed (as did one of her brothers). 

Bottom line: Jill is a nasty piece of work. And this is supposedly one of her (few) friends. Imagine what she has to say about people like us. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 22
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill looks so unflattering in this picture. It’s the same outfit that she copied Farrah Fawcett in. I’m haha until forever. What a long chin and her neck rolls are on display. 

Hi Jill.

3268B952-E30E-4180-A511-122A37F00FB3.jpeg

Good grief! That was so startling to see! 😲

Edited by SJC
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It was Shoshanna Pearl Easling, daughter of Michael and Debi. Shoshanna is getting divorced. Jill basically asked how her relationship was going. What a bitch.

Shoshanna has subsequently deleted Jill's post and unfriended her.

Edit: Found Jill's post.

14338D33-311A-4FCA-8FF6-22596913F321.jpeg.17c2da3a6b6633469978eae2b6f88318.jpeg

How does that relate to courting? And what a deplorable POS.

3 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

Yes, it is from the bathroom picture, but one of my first impressions from that post was how absolutely demented she looks. However, she is portraying herself as so wise and authoritative.  She doesn’t realize she comes across as quite the opposite.  And the picture does nothing to help!

She looks and sounds stupid as hell. Digressing and regressing don’t mean the same thing, Jill.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Imagine what she has to say about people like us.

I have gone shopping with my female friend and her daughter. Some of the times we went shopping I had pink in my hair. I am such a heathen.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Jill is really a spiteful person. I wonder if the Pearl parents are also done with her after her bashing of their daughter? I remember Jill sent Nurie & NotNurie to stay with the Pearls for awhile. There they probably received all kinds of bad advice on their future marriages, but also probably received 3 squares a day, which they weren't used to. Fundie life can be so contradictory!

• Useful 4
  • Love 15
49 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Jill is really a spiteful person. I wonder if the Pearl parents are also done with her after her bashing of their daughter? I remember Jill sent Nurie & NotNurie to stay with the Pearls for awhile. There they probably received all kinds of bad advice on their future marriages, but also probably received 3 squares a day, which they weren't used to. Fundie life can be so contradictory!

I thought there was already a break with the Pearl parents, although Jill hasn't elaborated.  I think there was some Facebook unfollowing. Debi Pearl supposedly set Nurie up with her first suitor, Purple Gum Guy. After spending time with the Rod family, well documented by Jill on social media, PGG backed out, never to be seen again. Jill's enthusiasm craziness may have frightened him away. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Useful 6
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It was Shoshanna Pearl Easling, daughter of Michael and Debi. Shoshanna is getting divorced. Jill basically asked how her relationship was going. What a bitch.

Shoshanna has subsequently deleted Jill's post and unfriended her.

Edit: Found Jill's post.

14338D33-311A-4FCA-8FF6-22596913F321.jpeg.17c2da3a6b6633469978eae2b6f88318.jpeg

What a bitch, indeed!  WTF does she think she is?!

Edited by farmgal4
Added words
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I thought there was already a break with the Pearl parents, although Jill hasn't elaborated.  I think there was some Facebook unfollowing. Debi Pearl supposedly set Nurie up with her first suitor, Purple Gum Guy. After spending time with the Rod family, well documented by Jill on social media, PGG backed out, never to be seen again. Jill's enthusiasm craziness may have frightened him away. 

I can't imagine why.

• LOL 9
6 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

The perfect godly Christian Jilldo isn’t a natural blonde? 😂😂😂 her hair is as bad as Michelle’s. 

2426C44A-CA45-4C27-99C2-451CFB1ECF8E.jpeg

Hmmm. Funny ~ GWE had that same lifeless look in his eyes back then as he does now…

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Hmmm. Funny ~ GWE had that same lifeless look in his eyes back then as he does now…

Maybe he has been depressed since he married Jill. I agree HUNK has never looked happy. It’s like the lights are on but no one is home. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

What a bitch, indeed!  WTF does she think she is?!

Not to get political, but Jill doesn’t seem to have an issue with some others having multiple divorces. Hypocrite much?

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

A "Christian" would ask Shoshanna if there is anything they could do to support her. Only a mean spirited asshole would poor salt in an open wound.

image.png.84f65673346621a0a2a6d6480d644182.png

Remember that post she wrote complaining about how much work it was to take her fellow church member to the hospital (or pick her up, I can’t remember)? And the woman wasn’t even an important member of the church!

• Love 17

Jill has a request for prayers for them going to a revival in Alabama Oct 22. Lighthouse Baptist in Florence, where, in 2019, the pastor admitted to his congregation he had molested/ was molesting boys. congregation reported him and he was arrested and charged. 

Jill clings to these "KJV, Old Paths" churches, while ranting on the evils of many of the churches they grift from have lowered their standards and allow women in pants etc. yet she chooses this one, most likely because it is a convenient stop on their way to the birth of the Nurthling, where women are required to wear skirts, yet the pastor was a predator??

not sue why they need the prayers as she posts a pic of the flier for the event. the Rod family is not listed among the  musical guests.

I am not sure if it would be allowed to post the pic of the flier here, since it lists a lot of names and the church address, phone # and all. but anyone can see it on her fb page.

• Useful 6
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jill has a request for prayers for them going to a revival in Alabama Oct 22. Lighthouse Baptist in Florence

Did she delete the post? I know I saw it, but now I don’t. I don’t remember if it was a post, or if it was in her stories.

3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Did she delete the post? I know I saw it, but now I don’t. I don’t remember if it was a post, or if it was in her stories.

she must have removed it - It was on her fb page a few hours ago, but i don't see it there now.

there was a pic of the invite thing for Lighthouse Baptist in Florence AL- Oct 22nd and 23rd. it listed the guest preacher and the musical guests, a family that was not the rods. offered free krispy creme doughnuts at one service and a fellowship meal after the other. The Pastor with the the most guests or 15 guests gets a $250 gift card for Bass Pro. in case of a tie there will be a drawing for a winner.

I can find no website for the church. a search just brings up the address and the stories of the child molesting pastor and his arrest in 2019. 

they have a different pastor now and he and his wife were listed as event hosts

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Not yet.  Nurie was playing the piano and he made a joke that the baby needed to wait and let her finish.  That's when he let the name slip.  Jill's not going to be happy about that.

Edited by kaleidoscope
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

This morning, the pastor at Nuri and Nathan's church announced the baby's name is Nehemiah.

Oh Lord, I hope not. Poor baby. Hopefully it was a bad joke.

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, beckie said:

What did the other one say?

Jill's first comment wasn't terrible in regards to being bitchy. Just stated her (terrible) opinion, but wasn't rude to Shoshanna. It was just the PS that was bitchy. I think the PS is what got both posts removed. 

2021 10 08 2.jpg

2021 10 08 3.jpg

Edited by christine falls
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

This morning, the pastor at Nuri and Nathan's church announced the baby's name is Nehemiah.

Later in that same video, you can see Jill limping up to play piano. When she goes to leave after her playing is done, you can see what looks like a big bruise on her shoulder. She must have fallen down or something. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, christine falls said:

Later in that same video, you can see Jill limping up to play piano. When she goes to leave after her playing is done, you can see what looks like a big bruise on her shoulder. She must have fallen down or something. 

Maybe one of the starved waifs went full Showgirls on her and pushed her down the stairs.

• LOL 21

Jill hadn’t posted on their blog since January. Well, now she has.

Dated October 1, 2021: (just an excerpt)

On a personal level, we have stayed very busy doing the normal things of life – homeschooling, keeping our home running in tip-top shape, music practice, etc. This Fall we are happy to be recording our first music CD at a professional studio!! Please be in prayer that God would provide for that in a mighty way. We are also excited to be halfway done having our new addition built on our house. Our living room is currently set up in the print shop. David needs the space for more printing equipment and to be honest, it is not conducive to the needs of our large family. So, this new addition will serve as a living room, and MUCH needed attic / storage space. God is Good!

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
6 minutes ago, christine falls said:

Is this on Instagram?  I don’t see it on FB. I NEED to see the poor, injured Jill.  Maybe that is why she was so cruel to Shoshanna.😢

• LOL 4
11 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Is this on Instagram?  I don’t see it on FB. I NEED to see the poor, injured Jill.  Maybe that is why she was so cruel to Shoshanna.😢

I think it's on the website of Nurthan's church. Unfortunately for me, I can't remember its name. It probably has Bible Baptist in it in some fashion. 😁

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 2
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill hadn’t posted on their blog since January. Well, now she has.

Dated October 1, 2021: (just an excerpt)

On a personal level, we have stayed very busy doing the normal things of life – homeschooling, keeping our home running in tip-top shape, music practice, etc. This Fall we are happy to be recording our first music CD at a professional studio!! Please be in prayer that God would provide for that in a mighty way. We are also excited to be halfway done having our new addition built on our house. Our living room is currently set up in the print shop. David needs the space for more printing equipment and to be honest, it is not conducive to the needs of our large family. So, this new addition will serve as a living room, and MUCH needed attic / storage space. God is Good!

i noticed the blog update today too -there was also this - highlighting is mine. maybe nurthan said no to the entire horde.

"As you know, Nathan and Nurie are due for their first baby on October 12, 2021. Some of us plan to go down there, Lord willing, to be with her for the birth."

• Useful 3
  • Love 3