Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 9/8/2021 at 5:20 PM, Ljohnson1987 said:

Carlin is cringe. 

Oh, I don't know...I've watched a few of her videos and I think she's hilarious. She's so ridiculous and over-the-top. She's trying to be the Fundie version of the Kartrashians. Gotta give her credit for standing out in a giant family.

• Love 8

Jacob/Jake Wilson was a friend of the Duggars for a long time. It started publically when he and his father and brothers were helping JimBob build the TTH.

The Wilsons have been hanging around the Duggars for while. Jacob is one of the many non-loves of Jana Duggar, meaning the tabloids linked them together. He posted on social media denying the relationship in way some of us thought was tacky. That was a few years ago. 

Jacob's dad Clark Wilson died a few years ago from cancer.

Last year he was a relationship with a fundie young woman named Lundyn Smith and they had a baby together shortly after Christmas. 

He and Lundyn split up (never married) earlier this year and he has been floundering since. He spoke out against Josh Duggar. 

I feel bad Jacob died this week. He was visiting one of his brothers in Hawaii when he had the accident. There is a gofundme to raise funds to ship his body back to where his family is from.

• Useful 4
5 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Jacob/Jake Wilson was a friend of the Duggars for a long time. It started publically when he and his father and brothers were helping JimBob build the TTH.

The Wilsons have been hanging around the Duggars for while. Jacob is one of the many non-loves of Jana Duggar, meaning the tabloids linked them together. He posted on social media denying the relationship in way some of us thought was tacky. That was a few years ago. 

Jacob's dad Clark Wilson died a few years ago from cancer.

Last year he was a relationship with a fundie young woman named Lundyn Smith and they had a baby together shortly after Christmas. 

He and Lundyn split up (never married) earlier this year and he has been floundering since. He spoke out against Josh Duggar. 

I feel bad Jacob died this week. He was visiting one of his brothers in Hawaii when he had the accident. There is a gofundme to raise funds to ship his body back to where his family is from.

Link, please? Not to the GoFundMe. 

3 hours ago, Triple P said:

They addressed it and basically said they couldn't be fans anymore because half the fun was being able to cheer for the racist team name. 

That tracks. Didn't they wear Green Bay gear last season or was that a fever dream I was having?

5 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

That tracks. Didn't they wear Green Bay gear last season or was that a fever dream I was having?

Yes, it was the Packers. It was never confirmed why, but I figured that Timbits bought the jerseys for Best Momma and her consort when he lived in Wisconsin. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, drafan said:

Oh, I don't know...I've watched a few of her videos and I think she's hilarious. She's so ridiculous and over-the-top. She's trying to be the Fundie version of the Kartrashians. Gotta give her credit for standing out in a giant family.

I agree.  Evan and Carlin really get this social media stuff with their Stew Crew videos.  I'm not surprised at how goofy they are--but I am surprised at what a good housekeeper Carlin is.  Still don't think she has the cooking thing down, therefore it's fastfoodville for little Layla. And they do love their Starbucks pit stops!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, crazy8s said:

David likes to wear his Redskins jersey, watch football on that big tv they have and eat snacks - that's David's love of fall. Jill can wear her Redskins blouse....

I doubt they will ever recognize the team changed names and why.

David is no longer a huge fan because of why they changed names.  He talked about it in one of JRod’s posts last year.

• LOL 4

JRod has new FB videos/pics posted.  Sammer took Jill, Renee and Jenessa to their Amish neighbor’s farm.  He took them in a wagon that he pulled with the lawnmower.  Jill called it a tractor.  The idiot doesn’t even know the difference in a lawnmower and a tractor.  Jenessa is a little doll, but the way Jill baby-talks her makes me want to puke.  I have yet to see any signs or symptoms that Jenessa had an intrauterine stroke or is missing part of her brain.  The child is either very fortunate or Jill lied about or greatly exaggerated every word of it.

Edited by farmgal4
Changed a word
  • Useful 3
  • Love 13

Does anyone know if Tori Bates also has the pregnancy related clotting disorder(s)? Both Josie and Carlin mentioned it today in their stories.

Of the six married sisters, Erin, Carlin and Josie have the disorder. Is that typical? And actually Michaela could have it as well, but she hasn't been pregnant.

Its odd, you see Kelly B, Michelle and JillR seemingly breeze through a zillion pregnancies and deliveries, yet many of the daughters have complications.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

Jill has some EXCITING NEWS to share, LIVE on FB on Monday at 3pm ET. We have a choice of 

Baby 14, Nurthan's son is born, Timbits, or Kaylee, or Renee is in a courtship.

Kaylee is rumored to have a beau in MS. They visited his family and performed at his church on the way home from TX. 

That's all I got. 😁

• Useful 13
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill has some EXCITING NEWS to share, LIVE on FB on Monday at 3pm ET. We have a choice of 

Kaylee is rumored to have a beau in MS. They visited his family and performed at his church on the way home from TX. 

That's all I got. 😁

"I am the Messiah! Drink My Plexus Blood!"

• LOL 9
11 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That's all I got. 😁

Some one is in the courtship is my guess.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That's all I got. 😁

I literally couldn't care less about their news if I tried.  Unless it's that they've realized that science is real, they're judgmental and horrible, and they're going to start wearing pants and get tattoos.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Well, we knew about Anna and Mary (the school spoiled that), but Poor Sarah moving out is HUGE!

Was not expecting that at all, good for them. Now all the kids are gone can Teri go back to worshiping her one and true love Pepsi again?

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Does anyone know if Tori Bates also has the pregnancy related clotting disorder(s)? Both Josie and Carlin mentioned it today in their stories.

Of the six married sisters, Erin, Carlin and Josie have the disorder. Is that typical? And actually Michaela could have it as well, but she hasn't been pregnant.

Its odd, you see Kelly B, Michelle and JillR seemingly breeze through a zillion pregnancies and deliveries, yet many of the daughters have complications.

I can't remember which hereditary clotting disorder the Bates have, but most of the ones affecting pregnancy are autosomal dominant which means it is 50:50 that any child could carry it.  It could've come from Gil which is why Kelly never had a problem, or, she was just lucky.  Many people have disorders like Factor V Leiden and don't even know it until someone in the family has a clot and they get tested.  As I recall, the Bates didn't know about it until one of the girls had some miscarriages and was tested for it since coagulopathies can cause some miscarriages.

The 50% risk of inheritance is random of course, so, all the kid could have it or none of them.

While classic hemophilia is sex linked, it is a 50:50 proposition, too.  Queen Victoria had 5 sons but only one was a hemophiliac.  Meanwhile multiple of her daughters passed it along with tragic results.  Her granddaughter Alexandra, Tsarina of Russia had it of course.  She passed it along to her son, Alexei and his illness was a major factor in the fall of the Romanovs.  Meanwhile, she had 4 daughters who were murdered along with the rest of the family in the revolution.  None of the girls was married or had kids, but, when their remains were finally located a couple of decades ago, the girls were tested and it turned out only one (Marie, I think) had the gene for hemophilia.  Had they lived, the other 3 girls would not have had to worry about hemophilia in their kids.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 18
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That's all I got. 😁

a tour of the new living room (for family) showing the grandfather clock and all the items from Magnolia?

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Was not expecting that at all, good for them. Now all the kids are gone can Teri go back to worshiping her one and true love Pepsi again?

Since Sarah is giving up the blog, we'll never find out what happens to the girls. Are they all destined for spinsterhood, or will some Godly man sweep one (or more) of them off their feet? 

Just now, crazy8s said:

a tour of the new living room (for family)

No tours yet! Timbits has to sell his busted up Godly van to pay for tchotskes to overfill the space. 🙄

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

JRod has new FB videos/pics posted.  Sammer took Jill, Renee and Jenessa to their Amish neighbor’s farm.  He took them in a wagon that he pulled with the lawnmower.  Jill called it a tractor.  The idiot doesn’t even know the difference in a lawnmower and a tractor.  Jenessa is a little doll, but the way Jill baby-talks her makes me want to puke.  I have yet to see any signs or symptoms that Jenessa had an intrauterine stroke or is missing part of her brain.  The child is either very fortunate or Jill lied about or greatly-exaggerated every bit of it.

I think we may have to let them off the hook about the tractor/mower thing. I have some relatives who live in the Rods' county and surrounding countries, and they all call lawn mowers (and any other similar motored vehicle) tractors. .... I'm thinking it's a local vocab thing. 

For years I was confused by hearing that Bill was on the tractor when this or that happened. (with Bill the this or that was usually that he was going up some steep bank, tumbled back down the bank on the still-running vehicle, and got two fingers chopped into burger by the blades or the like....) Or that Dan borrowed one of the tractors. Because as far as I knew Bill didn't have a tractor and Dan would have had no use for one......Finally I was on one of their premises during such a conversation and discovered that "tractor' meant not only "tractor" but also "lawn mower."

Which is very very weird deep in farm country. But there it is.  

I suppose it's no stranger than a submarine being a sandwich, though.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That's all I got. 😁

Well, we know TimBits is definitely NOT in a courtship. BME would not allow that, because NO WOMAN shall ever take the place of BME. Period. I doubt there is a Baby 14, and the Nurthan Spawn is still cooking… so that leaves a Not-Nurie courtship. Can she reuse the dollar store crap… er… decor for the shower/wedding?

• Love 12
21 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

What are they going to do now that the Indians have dumped the name and, Thank Dog, the super-racist emblem of Chief Wahoo and are now the Guardians? The Rods'll have to leave the state over such rampant wokedom and political correct communist atheism!  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

I literally couldn't care less about their news if I tried.  Unless it's that they've realized that science is real, they're judgmental and horrible, and they're going to start wearing pants and get tattoos.

And get vaccinated!

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

What are they going to do now that the Indians have dumped the name and, Thank Dog, the super-racist emblem of Chief Yahoo and are now the Guardians? The Rods'll have to leave the state over such rampant wokedom and political correct communist atheism!  

They never pledged allegiance to a baseball team. Although if they did, the Atlanta Braves are still available.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

a tour of the new living room (for family) showing the grandfather clock and all the items from Magnolia?

I would say that this is a likely scenario, BUT, I do think that one or more are in courtships, Kaylee being the most probable of the bunch, maybe Renee?  Timbits, I don't think so.  Butcha never know.  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

When is Nurthan due?

I suspect that Kaylee is the one in the courtship.

As long as BME isn’t spawning again, I don’t give a rat’s ass what the news is.  Jill’s level of self-importance is unbelievable!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 9/9/2021 at 6:03 PM, iwantcookies said:

Best expression ever

CA0E01D5-5B97-4188-9F49-0B9A2FBDD409.jpeg

The only non-bland person in the whole family

11 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Yep, just because you've rooted for a team all your life and love the sport, God doesn't want you to still be a fan if they choose to change to a non-racist moniker.  Their God approves of insulting non0-white Protestants <and Amish> by treating them like pets.

FIFY. Because Jill treats the Amish like pets.

3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Followed by a plea for food for GWE, because she spent all the stimulus check money at Magnolia.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

The Maxwells also have EXCITING NEWS. They did a huge blog post announcing:

Anna and Mary Maxwell in college

Sarah moving into her own home.

Steve and Teri are empty nesters.

Good for them! 

Oh my they are letting their 40 year old daughter live in her OWN home, out in the world where she could meet heathans and unchaperoned as well, I think I’m gonna faint.  
Miss France 1989 Fainting GIF

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think we may have to let them off the hook about the tractor/mower thing. I have some relatives who live in the Rods' county and surrounding countries, and they all call lawn mowers (and any other similar motored vehicle) tractors. .... I'm thinking it's a local vocab thing. 

It's not just a local thing; John Deere sells riding mowers but calls them 'lawn tractors'.  Since the Rods live out in the country where John Deere's farm equipment is ubiquitous, it wouldn't be surprising that people use their branding to talk about riding mowers.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I seriously doubt the Rods have a John Deere mower. Or anything John Deere. 

True, I'm sure they don't.  But the issue was Jill referring to a neighbor's riding mower as a 'tractor'.  Since John Deere calls its riding mowers 'tractors', I would not be surprised if that isn't a pretty common way to describe riding mowers in parts of the country where John Deere products are popular.  Jill's neighbor may well have referred to his mower as a tractor and so she did the same.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

True, I'm sure they don't.  But the issue was Jill referring to a neighbor's riding mower as a 'tractor'.  Since John Deere calls its riding mowers 'tractors', I would not be surprised if that isn't a pretty common way to describe riding mowers in parts of the country where John Deere products are popular.  Jill's neighbor may well have referred to his mower as a tractor and so she did the same.

Yes, that was explained before. 

I was just chiming in to say that the Rods were too cheap to own the good stuff. 😀

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yes, that was explained before. 

I was just chiming in to say that the Rods were too cheap to own the good stuff. 😀

Now, if some sweet friend would want to donate a John Deere lawn tractor to them, I am sure Jill would have the children serenade them with a song about loving Jesus or being tossed into the eternal fires of hell.  Just to show her gratitude.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

How modest and godly: wearing sluttish make up. Is that Tessie? Eyebrows murdered and make up slathered on. Cheap jewelry and tight clothes complete the outfit. She is what 14? Definitely a replacement for the beloved Nurikins.

CE249E19-35F2-484F-B655-35686B538927.jpeg

Edited by iwantcookies
7 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

It's not just a local thing; John Deere sells riding mowers but calls them 'lawn tractors'.  Since the Rods live out in the country where John Deere's farm equipment is ubiquitous, it wouldn't be surprising that people use their branding to talk about riding mowers.

Ah, so everybody's learned from the corporate advertising and spread it all around. Just what John Deere's marketing department intended, I guess! 

8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I can't get over Timbits actually trying to sell off his van and lawn equipment (and clients). I guess his Christ Honoring handyman business turned out to be yet another failure of his. 

In a recent post, Tim said he wanted to quit his full time job to devote time to building his handyman business. Does he still have the job at the care center or did he lose/quit it when he took off to Texas for the family vacation? Now he's giving up the gutter business? That leaves missionary pilot. How's that going? 

Of course, Tim has never had an independent thought in his life. Jill orchestrates every move. I'll be surprised if Timbot isn't still at home in his 50's. 

I hope Kaylee has found a nice man to marry, and she moves away from home. 

• Love 14

I feel like any time Tim starts to thrive and makes the slightest step towards independence, Jill swoops in and blows it all to shit. She either puts a bug in his head about how the job isn't the right godly environment or guilt trips him into ditching work for family vacations, which inevitably gets him fired. She doesn't want Tim to be a happy, productive adult. She wants him off-balance and always having to prove himself (via gifts) to gain her approval. 

Just like how she massacred her beautiful daughter's eyebrows, because God forbid anyone outshine Jill. She's a very sick, narcissistic woman. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

I live in Ohio and have never heard of them being called anything but mowers/riding mowers, but I’m not in the country. This is just so weird to me!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

How modest and godly: wearing sluttish make up. Is that Tessie? Eyebrows murdered and make up slathered on. Cheap jewelry and tight clothes complete the outfit. She is what 14? Definitely a replacement for the beloved Nurikins.

CE249E19-35F2-484F-B655-35686B538927.jpeg

How sad. Only several months ago I thought she was the prettiest of the girls. I guess now that she's old enough to wear makeup, her mom got to her and plucked the eyebrows to crap and taught her how to "properly" do her hair and makeup. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I live in Ohio and have never heard of them being called anything but mowers/riding mowers, but I’m not in the country. This is just so weird to me!

Check out John Deere's website.  When you get there, you can search for lawn mowers and you will be directed to a page of riding mowers, each one of which in the ad copy is referred to as a 'lawn tractor'.

Maybe it is the same principle by which cockroaches in Ohio are palmetto bugs in Florida.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

There’s a photograph of Kaylee sitting next to a non-related, similar-age young man. However, Renee is sitting in the pew in front of them and her head obscures the view of the space between the two. Which sadly could realistically be occupied by the bodies of one or two Rodlets. Reddit posters say the young man’s name is Jonathan Hill. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 4