Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 8/12/2020 at 5:55 AM, Spazamanaz said:

Lol. I've often thought that the only accessories missing from Jill, is a lamp post and a public defender. 

I'm dying to hear Niles Crane snark on JRod's fashion sense.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Brainwashing and starvation also turns brains to mush.

AFC851C4-35DF-4BBC-A82F-9AE968CEEBA1.jpeg

My children did not sit in front of electronic devices all day because they were in school, involved in activities, playing with friends, or I was spending quality time with them. I think these experiences gave them more opportunities to be creative than being trapped at home or on a stink bus all day with nothing to do,  but whatever, Jill.

Poor Sofia is only being creative by using toilet paper to make the wedding dresses etc.. and that was probably Jill’s idea. Otherwise she is just parroting the only thing she knows, “all day long” which does not seem very creative to me. Poor child is probably bored and lacking stimulation which (along with the brainwashing and starvation) is more likely to turn her brain to mush than a few educational video games or movies. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 22

Nurie looks less tense and clenched already. I hope they'll get to a point where life gets better for her.

That poor child, Sofia? looks like a concentration camp child, it's horrifying. Playing with toilet paper, well......and guess what, Jilly Bean, children can be creative and still have access to the Internet. I'm pretty sure it's doable. Plus, seeing as you are never off your phone I think it's just a tad hypocritical of you to bemoan today's internet usage, no?

And that pantry, what on earth does she need one for? It's not like she ever cooks or feeds her kids, is it? I've never seen one single photo where she cooks a healthy meal that's eaten by her brood.

FEED YOUR KIDS you bitch! Put your obese slob husband on a diet, slug back less Plexus so you aren't up at 4am because you can't sleep and FEED YOUR KIDS!

• Love 24

"I could snuggle and kiss my babies all day long!"

Sure, Jill. She could, but she won't. Narcissists aren't exactly nurturers. And talk about mush brain . . . . 

While play is good, if Sophia is playing all-day-long wedding with toilet paper almost every day, it sounds as if the poor child is pretty much  being ignored. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Reminds me of this:

3 pictures:

This was while Jill was hosting her “Ladies’ Retreat”, in March.

Sofia seems like an imaginative child.  How sad that her life experiences are so limited.  Imagine how she might blossom if she had exposure to the bigger world out there; to books, to music, to people outside of the very stunted and tiny life that Jill and Chubby have given her.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

Oh yes that would be great! LOL  I love NIles character!

The opening of, I think it was a Valentine's episode, where he sets the couch on fire is still one of THE funniest things I have ever seen.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

Nurie sang "I Will Be Here"?? Oh my lord, I wanted that to be sung at my wedding...when it was a popular song and I was all of 7 years old. It's by Steven Curtis Chapman and was a hit around 1992 or so, which goes to show again just how stuck Jill, and by extension her children, are in the late 80s/early 90s. 

*I will say that it is one of the few Christian songs that I can still enjoy, so it's not a bad song, but there are plenty more songs that have come out in the past thirty years that could have been sung.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

The opening of, I think it was a Valentine's episode, where he sets the couch on fire is still one of THE funniest things I have ever seen.

David Hyde Pierce is just a brilliant physical comedian.  That 5 minute or so bit was classic.  Niles' dinner party at his wife's beach house, his escape from Daphne's wedding, there are just so many moments that were special.  It's no wonder he won 4 Emmys.

And, I, too, would love to hear Niles Crane's commentary on J Rod's decor.  He certainly would have a lot to say, none of it complimentary.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

My favorite is when Niles thinks he is high (from a marijuana brownie)! 😆

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I show that clip from YouTube to my kids whenever we all want to laugh. He does great physical comedy.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

"I could snuggle and kiss my babies all day long!"

Sure, Jill. She could, but she won't. Narcissists aren't exactly nurturers. And talk about mush brain . . . . 

While play is good, if Sophia is playing all-day-long wedding with toilet paper almost every day, it sounds as if the poor child is pretty much  being ignored. 

And "wedding" would seem to be the limit of her imagination at this point.  Does she ever pretend to be a doctor?  A teacher?  A model?  You get the point, the kid's world is SEVERELY limited.  She could use a bit of time with electronics.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

And "wedding" would seem to be the limit of her imagination at this point.  Does she ever pretend to be a doctor?  A teacher?  A model?  You get the point, the kid's world is SEVERELY limited.  She could use a bit of time with electronics.

have not seen pics of Nurie's shower but the "make a dress from toilet paper" was a common shower game 10 years or so ago.

so maybe they did that game and Sophia liked it and plays that. I bet they just leave the TP in a heap and she reuses it for her "imaginary play" the next day. another fire hazard in the barndo....

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if JillR realizes that brain surgeons, engineers, teachers, etc, probably watched a fair amount of TV, along with playing video games and posting on SM.

Whatever you do, don't tell her that a childhood spent playing video games comes in really handy if you are trying to do a laparoscopic surgery or a robotic one.  Real handy.

PS: It goes both ways.  I discovered when my niece and nephews were little that I was very, very good at using those claw games to win toys.

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
On 8/15/2020 at 12:06 PM, ginger90 said:

This is where I saw it:

Am I the only one who 100% sees this definition of "mark" when reading Jills sentence? 

Slang. an object of derision, scorn, manipulation, or the like: He was an easy mark for criticism. the intended victim of a swindler, hustler, or the like: The cardsharps picked their marks from among the tourists on the cruise ship.

Jill picked him out, did the ground work, and it was Nurie's job to seal the deal. 

• Love 8

Jill mentioned Nathan buying Nurie sunglasses. What's it like for her to be newly married, away from family with no money of her own. If she runs out of feminine products (or pee sticks) does she ask Nathan for money?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill mentioned Nathan buying Nurie sunglasses. What's it like for her to be newly married, away from family with no money of her own. If she runs out of feminine products (or pee sticks) does she ask Nathan for money?

Probably.  Also, why wouldn't an adult woman in her 20's have a pair of sunglasses of her own in the first place?  It's not like you can't pick up a pair at the Dollar Store or on closeout at Walmart.  Apparently, Nurie never had any discretionary money prior to her marriage.  I remember buying my first pair (Jackie O style black ones) when I was about 14.  I suppose, Jill has multiple pairs and 'loans' them to the girls, making sure they get returned to her.

• Love 9

Nathan and Nurie"s wedding was in Ohio, wedding shower in Ohio, Honeymoon pics show them in a small car. So what are they "getting settled" with?

Jill's excuse to go see Nurie soon would seem obvious. we had to deliver the wedding and shower gifts (after we took the things we wanted of course)

to add - maybe the Keller parents drove the stuff back with them

Edited by crazy8s
added comment

Carlin just announced on Instagram that she and Evan “came down” with Covid.

first off, it’s not the flu. You didn’t “come down” with covid. You traveled all over and went to high risk places and you exposed yourself and your baby. Jesus H Christ 

Edited by ms.o
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, ms.o said:

first off, it’s not the flu. You didn’t “come down” with covid. You traveled all over and went to high risk places and you exposed yourself and your baby. Jesus H Christ 

These two morons happen to have a child with a cardiac defect and breathing problems.   I guess we should all pray their baby doesn't 'come down' with COVID.

And, of course, she has to post an artfully posed photo of her and her hubby in bed cuddling and looking sad.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

These two morons happen to have a child with a cardiac defect and breathing problems.   I guess we should all pray their baby doesn't 'come down' with COVID.

What's wrong with their baby? And is she the one who took the (heavily filtered) photo of her attention whore parents? 

• Love 2

well Michael Schadt (director of SOS ministries) and his wife "came down with covid" as did CFO of SOS and his wife. CFO and wife were "restored to health by the prayers of the saints" Mike Schadt i was hospitalized for a while but is now recovering at home because God spared him or some such thing. I think he has a long recovery ahead.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 3

Her baby has a congenital heart defect and breathing problems. 

Dumbasses took zero precautions.  Plus, they made a video of Carlin taking Layla to the doctor (again) and Evan's first day of school. All while they supposedly had Covid?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I'm sure the baby has been exposed and is probably infected. 

These are just two morons among many. This too-holy-to-get Covid house of cards will soon tumble down. Not everyone will recover. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

from July,https://www.tvshowsace.com/2020/07/09/carlin-bates-and-evan-stewart-stress-after-close-encounter-with-covid-19-patient/

Evan was exposed from someone at work and instead of quarantine for two weeks they traveled/vacationed  if I remember correctly

He tested negative. Then they immediately hopped over to AR to visit Joy and bought a junker from Jed!

Edited by Sew Sumi

As I was scrolling through the comments on Carlin’s IG post (there were a few hundred) I suddenly got an alert that she turned off commenting and now there are only two that I can see. 😂😂

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

My favorite is when Niles thinks he is high (from a marijuana brownie)! 😆

OMG yes!!!

38 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

He tested negative. Then they immediately hopped over to AR to visit Joy and bought a junker from Jed!

They are idiots! 

• Love 4

Dear God, please protect Layla.

I hope Carlin lost interest in her daughter and dropped her off with Auntie Michael for a month. I assume Michael has Layla now although if Layla's been exposed Michael and Brandon are at risk. 

(If their daughter isn't showing signs, the responsible thing at this point would to give her to another relative to care for until they are no longer contagious.)

I suppose Evan might have contracted COVID from some professional work he was doing, but these two haven't been social distancing much. The picture is posed, but Carlin isn't wearing make-up.

I hope everyone recovers and Layla is safe. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Her baby has a congenital heart defect and breathing problems. 

Dumbasses took zero precautions.  Plus, they made a video of Carlin taking Layla to the doctor (again) and Evan's first day of school. All while they supposedly had Covid?

I got that from Doodlebug's comment. I'm asking what is the specific heart defect, if they've said, and why the breathing problems. 

• Useful 1
59 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

thanks - I forgot how all that played out - I couldn't remember the timeline - if he was tested and found to be negative after they started traveling

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

As I was scrolling through the comments on Carlin’s IG post (there were a few hundred) I suddenly got an alert that she turned off commenting and now there are only two that I can see. 😂😂

What did the comments say?

1 hour ago, ms.o said:

And now she's telling the rest of us to "stay safe." ..... "Please." .....

Yeah -- a lot of the world was telling you that when you went on your ill-advised vacation, risking your child's health and welfare....Jerks. 

And how well do you take care of your kid when both parents are symptomatic with this thing? How do you avoid passing it on to whoever is helping you do that? Many people are being forced into situations where they're exposed. You had a choice and made one that risked your health and that of others for no good reason.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

I wish they would tell us where Layla is. They have so many relatives who can help and I wouldn't judge them for sending her to someone else.

Their trip to see Joy was around 4th of July, so they weren't sick yet. 

Evan works as an electrician and Carlin takes her baby to the doctor a lot. So some risk was going to be involved, and I also know they weren't taking precautions. 

I looked at Carlin's Instagram. She made a normal post celebrating her daughter Layla on August 8th. It was long post with videos that makes me Layla was with them.  Then 7 days of silence and today day 8 they announced. She claims that they are "recovering" if so they are blessed with mild cases. If they were diagnosed within those 7 days, it is way too soon for them to be recovering. Maybe they have a mild form. Maybe they're feeling a little better and it's wishful thinking. 

I'm glad they're telling people to stay safe. A lot of their fans are probably like them and could use the wake-up call. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

A baby was just born positive in Dallas and it was 6 weeks early after the mother tested positive, so it can be transmitted to the fetus. Worrisome if she was around Joy when she was contagious.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I wonder if these idiots were positive when they were around pregnant Joy? I hope they recover and the baby is fine but they are selfish, horrible people. 

2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

A baby was just born positive somewhere and it was 6 weeks early after the mother tested positive, so it can be transmitted to the fetus. Worrisome if she was around Joy when she was contagious.

No they weren't.  They went to see Joy for the 4th of July. COVID has 14-day- two week period for when it shows up. The 4th of July was 6 weeks ago. It would have shown up closer to their visit if they were sick. Joy should be fine. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

What did the comments say?

I posted about it in Carlin's thread. There were a lot of covidiot deniers. They blamed political conspiracies, not as serious as swine flu, and people said "live your life!"  So no, not even a fundie princess like Carlin getting sick will stop these fools.

I just did a drive-by in Carlin's post, and the covidiot posts are gone. But comments are still on.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Carlin and Evan are selfish, stupid, attention whores and their fans aren't much better.

They only victim is that poor child. She's just a prop in Mommy's endless quest for validation. I swear Myka Stauffer gave a more convincing performance faking concern for the kid she dumped than Carlin does for Layla.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4