Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Earthy colors are on trend, but yeah, that's a weird birthday outfit. The kid didn't need to be in a ruffly dress, but I'd at least have her in a tank top, especially if she's at a party and people are taking pictures. 

• Love 12

Since Gabby Barrett is a friend of the Vuolos, I'm putting this here.  Gabby Barrett's song "I Hope" rose back up the charts, possibly due to remix duet with Charlie Puth. (Remix duets are very big these days.)  It is now the number 1 country song in American 2 weeks and counting. She's doing well right now. 

• Useful 9
7 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Since Gabby Barrett is a friend of the Vuolos, I'm putting this here.  Gabby Barrett's song "I Hope" rose back up the charts, possibly due to remix duet with Charlie Puth. (Remix duets are very big these days.)  It is now the number 1 country song in American 2 weeks and counting. She's doing well right now. 

Gabby and Cade are too busy for the Duggars/Vuolos.  Jinger and Jeremy are second tier or worse. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, mimionthebeach said:

Yep. My bad. This makes it worse, actually. ColorBridesMaids.com sells dresses like that - mismatched lace, awkward designs. It's not just crappy homemade alterations. I'm still puzzled by the difference in Jill's sleeves and the dress on the site, though.  

She could have requested a different sleeve, or the sweatshop sewer in China who made that dress just decided for her. 

32 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Gabby and Cade are too busy for the Duggars/Vuolos.  Jinger and Jeremy are second tier or worse. 

A listers don’t really hang out with C listers. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I've never been pregnant so I don't know, but do you need to hold your pregnant belly while you are sitting?  

Only if your only purpose in life is to copulate, gestate and lactate.

• LOL 16
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe that’s why Jeremy losing so much hair? Losing popularity and his grip onto the z list status is slipping away minute by minute 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 9

Willow's romper/overalls looks very trendy.  I think the problem is that the straps are too long.  Josie seems to like to dress her in muted colours, and plainer styles. Nothing like her cousins in Florida.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Did I miss the new baby clothes trends or is this a weird choice of birthday outfit?

I'm not a baby expert, so perhaps I'm way off base, but it doesn't even look like those overalls fit her. The straps are falling off her shoulders in every photo and the legs look tight. It feels like they picked this as her first birthday party outfit ages ago and it didn't matter that it doesn't work for the baby.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I find it weird that they went to a coffee shop to do their own nails as wedding prep.  

Yep, it's weird.

Plus, I never thought I'd have to declare this new rule, but here it is: Do not do your nail care or embellishment in public dining areas. 

....And Jill's always complaining about stuff other people do. Good grief. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 23
39 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Jill and her entitlement are just outstanding.  She's forefront in every photo.  She was matron of honor.  And who the fuck goes to a restaurant to do their nails?  It's obnoxious enough to walk past a nail salon in the mall due to the glue & polish, but to have that smell in a small, enclosed space is just wrong.  I cannot wait for the day someone comes along and puts Jill in her place.

She'd love it. It's a chance to cry persecution against good christians like her and give her something to rant about on social media. Oh, the horror. Nurie's wedding seems to have been a social media flop for Jill, but Nurie escaped with a genuine smile on her face. Jill needs a new project to keep herself in the spotlight, and I'm sure she'll find something offensive. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Micah Plath is extremely attractive oh myyyy 

His modeling has gotten much better than what was shown on their show, but the boy was dumber than a rock, so it's a very good thing he's pretty. 

12 hours ago, Totally said:

I thought the same thing .. why the different greens through the wedding party

Also I’m not a fan of the green of the bridesmaids dresses with the purple of the bouquets and I do like green and purple together

My bathroom is done in a pale lime like their dresses and a soft lavender. It's very springy and calming. If Nurie had to have the deep purple flowers, they should have picked another color for the dresses, but other than white, I don't think anything would have been a better match. The purple is just sooo very deep. 

4 hours ago, sondraK said:

It's possible,maybe probable,Jill grifted the money for the clothing.I'm sure they got a good size stimulus check,but knowing Jill,I bet she managed to grift most, if not all, of the wedding costs

Why am I feeling like they paid for their own dresses? 

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Isn't Ohio under a mandated mask law?

It went into effect the night before, at 6pm, but if you're eating or drinking, you are obviously exempt. Jill used the loophole to her best advantage. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

It went into effect the night before, at 6pm, but if you're eating or drinking, you are obviously exempt. Jill used the loophole to her best advantage. 

Why? Does it make her feel special? Gets me so angry.

We just found out a restaurant in our area has had to close for a positive Covid test. This is the place we went to one evening for dinner (we eat there often) and were greeted at the door by 2 employees neither which had on masks. The bar was also packed. We left. I read several posts about the place, that servers weren't wearing masks, bartenders, those in the kitchen.... they were not sanitizing menus just putting them back in the stand... when the hostess was asked why she didn't wear a mask, she said she didn't have to. Another customer commented about the lack of masks and was met with shrugged shoulders. My state is under a mandate to wear masks. I wear one all day at work. I guess this place thought they were special and now look. To add to that, people are saying they will never go back there. Imagine what you can't see?? A kitchen that Gordon Ramsey would be screaming about? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Triple P said:

I can't believe they weren't asked to leave. Nail glue is not a pleasant odor to have around food. 

So, were Nurie’s “sweet gifts” the Lee Press-On Nails? To be applied IN A RESTAURANT? 💅

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Saylii said:

Jill says that’s a fake account, but I don’t recognize that picture as one floating around and the Dinguses have liked & followed the account.

Ooooh dissension in the ranks?!?! Did Nathan and Nurie start a page without inviting Mama Jill or getting her permission? The plot thickens! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Saylii said:

Jill says that’s a fake account, but I don’t recognize that picture as one floating around and the Dinguses have liked & followed the account.

That was one of David Waller's pictures.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Broken Ox said:

I remember that picture because it looks like a winter wedding to me.

I thought so too. 

3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

David Waller has since disabled comments on that post.

The plot thickens! 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

2 pictures:

They honored the Scriptures? Yeah, Jill, like you gave them any choice in the matter. 

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Did I miss the new baby clothes trends or is this a weird choice of birthday outfit?

Weird AF! And def not an accident because her one year photos have something similar. 

money says Bsa will be stuffed in the same Ill fitting potato sack for her first! 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Look at Jill’s creepy smirk/smile as she stares at their kiss 

Dear God, where did her eyes go? There’s just two black pits. It’s like a horror movie. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Isn't Ohio under a mandated mask law?

Yep, but, in a restaurant, while seated, customers can take them off to eat.  That seems to be the loophole Jill is exploiting.  I cannot imagine lingering at a restaurant for any reason, even a manicure, these days and I cannot imagine the owners and staff at the coffee shop were very happy about a gaggle of unmasked women camping out and doing manicures while not ordering food.  My mom was a waitress and there is nothing worse for business than a cheapskate coming in, ordering a cup of coffee and then loitering for hours.  

Also, does anyone think that Jill or her minions bothered to clean up any nail glue or polish that got on the tables?  I doubt it, I'm sure she left a mess for others to clean up and the staff wasted a lot of time trying to chisel dried nail glue from the tabletops.

• Love 10
(edited)
5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Yep, but, in a restaurant, while seated, customers can take them off to eat.  That seems to be the loophole Jill is exploiting.  I cannot imagine lingering at a restaurant for any reason, even a manicure, these days and I cannot imagine the owners and staff at the coffee shop were very happy about a gaggle of unmasked women camping out and doing manicures while not ordering food.  My mom was a waitress and there is nothing worse for business than a cheapskate coming in, ordering a cup of coffee and then loitering for hours.  

Also, does anyone think that Jill or her minions bothered to clean up any nail glue or polish that got on the tables?  I doubt it, I'm sure she left a mess for others to clean up and the staff wasted a lot of time trying to chisel dried nail glue from the tabletops.

Back in my younger days, the big trend was groups of us to go to Denny's restaurant after dinner, order coffee and then hang out for hours. Sometimes we would take over several tables. After several months, they instituted people could only sit for x amount of time or had to order food. It never occured to us that wait staff needed those table for tips, even though we did tip, but how much could it be for a few coffees? Still, I look at it this way, it kept us off the "streets". Or drinking illegally as most everyone was under 21.

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

She could have requested a different sleeve, or the sweatshop sewer in China who made that dress just decided for her. 

That's what confuses me. If she was able to have the sleeves made differently, why not have the neckline modified? The safety pin was a really poor choice and Jill has always placed high value on her appearance. 

• Love 4