Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's not meant to be, but this is kind of sad. 

Screenshot_20191223-141651.png

things got hectic for me and I have been skimming the topics - when i first saw this I thought it was timothy rodrigues saying school was intense and Brandon had been making him coffee and encouraging him.  😂

I totally missed the brandon-michael and also that if it was timothy it would have started "this is timothy rodrigues..."

• LOL 14
11 hours ago, becca3891 said:

What am I missing here? I mean, I love to snark, but I think it's sweet to refer to your spouse as a friend and support. That's what I dream about. ("Ask IS anything is what actually struck me, but then again I'm a copy editor!) 😄

My take was that she refered to her husband as a friend. Yes it's considered good to be friends with your spouse and I would to like be friends with my partner as well, but most people (particularly young people) consider their partner to be more than a friend. This greeting is so platonic that the same language could describe a brother if they were living together. 

(Side note; I actually knew a brother and sister who lived together in the same apartment (separate bedrooms) as adults. It wasn't the house they grew up in, but it made sense.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Am I the only one who finds it annoying when they say they married their best friend?

To me, marrying your best friend means that you had a long term relationship with the person before the marriage or the romance. These people meet someone and are engaged two months later. And I don't think they are allowed to have close friendship with someone from the opposite sex.

• Love 18

I'm pretty sure that sadly, Brandon is quite happy being Michaela's "friend". We all know that he wasn't so gung ho on marrying her OR anyone else at that point in his life. He seems to be content with no children yet and having an 'as it goes' lifestyle with her. IMO, she is the one who is more driven in life about things. I think Michaela is sometimes frustrated in this relationship with Brandon's 'coolness'.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

NotNurie always looks likes she is grimacing. Girlfriend has seen a lot I think.

I bet she's unable to smile on demand like Nurie does. And I agree, she's probably seen a lot. 

With this kind of behavior out of him, he's going to be usurped by a younger sibling in the Rodrigues Family Game of Thrones! 

Seriously, though, I hope he spends Christmas with someone he knows where he goes to college and they're not batshit crazy. Dude could use all the normalizing influences he can get. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Priscilla Waller is having a boy. Revealed today in Florida. Smuganna were the keepers of the "secret."

I bet this one is named Peter. If they keep on having babies they're going to run out of biblical names starting with P.

• Love 3

I agree with everyone else that this baby will probably be Peter, but they're running out of P names for boys. Then again I was surprised by Destiny instead of Deborah so maybe they'll surprise us. 

I went to the blog to see the announcement. The only thing worth noting is they name-dropped Josh Duggar. I could think of few ways to phrase Josh and Anna without printing his first and last name. They didn't even mention Anna is Priscilla's sister. Yes most people reading the blog would know Anna and Priscilla are sisters, but then they would also know Josh and Anna without a last name or Priscilla's sister Anna and her husband, etc. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 12/24/2019 at 10:46 AM, doodlebug said:

What's missing here for me is the reason Brandon needs praised to the heavens for making coffee.  I don't even DRINK coffee, but I make it for the office or for guests all the time.  Takes 10 minutes, tops. Somehow, I expect that her school obligations don't relieve her of doing all the laundry and cleaning and cooking all the meals.

Oh, that's a fair point. 

15 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Tim probably couldn’t grift a plane ride home or borrow a car. 

If he was home Jill would have announced it.

We'll probably see a post soon in which Timmy makes up for his erroneous ways and buys Mama the most outrageous things while he really should be spending his hard earned money on things like, I don't know, food. 

• Love 3
On 12/24/2019 at 5:05 PM, Temperance said:

Side note; I actually knew a brother and sister who lived together in the same apartment (separate bedrooms) as adults. It wasn't the house they grew up in, but it made sense.)

Yeah tons of people have done this. Especially in eras when it wasn’t socially appropriate for women of reproductive age to live alone. 

I am relatively young (34) but I wasn’t bothered by the “friend” thing. Given this circle a man treating his wife as a friend and not just a living sex toy, unpaid nanny and housemaid is refreshing. NOT having kids may be the best thing for Michaela right now (of course if she wants children I respect that desire), if she was tied down with 3 kids under 5 I doubt she would have this intellectual opportunity. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Those. Fucking. Lashes. I think she just adds another coat of mascara every day without washing off today's coat of mascara.

Sorry for missing Jill's continued crimes against makeup. I wasn't sure those were actual eyelashes.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Which is annoying, because it's impossible to figure out if their "theme" is P for boys and D for girls, or whether they just plan to alternate P and D. 

It's P for the boys, D for the girls. It just happens that they're alternated due to sex.

• Useful 2