Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5E687EC6-9964-40E0-A2F3-B9CF2E5FE7C8.jpeg

5ABE6531-97C3-44FB-A064-7139D0C255FC.jpeg

0AF27ED1-9BFE-4E4E-92F0-1B436622FFB2.jpeg

With all those random capital letter words , maybe she's trying to tell us something .  Lowering Clear God One Holy Driving You Really Your Does Against  Dare To Be A Daniel Dare To Suffer Criticism Dare To High Higher Yet Ton So .  

Clearly high on plexus and Jesus  

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Yep I can’t tell where the chin ends and neck begins. Bad picture.

Oh, she still has a chin?! I guess those are neckbones, then. 

I thought her head was melting. 

Because she was the Wicked Witch of West Virginia. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

So evidently Alyssa Bates had a heart procedure this morning.  She has been suffering from an irregular heartbeat for a few months, and they had to do a cardiac ablation procedure.  There is a 50/50 chance she will have to have it done again.  

I hope the cardiologist told her NO MORE PREGNANCIES until this is resolved, and she and John listen to him.  

Hope she is ok.  She is so young and those 3 little girls need their mom.

Well the cardiologist unless he has a pipeline to Jesus, will have his concerns disregarded.  They will pray and that will be enough.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Oh, she still has a chin?! I guess those are neckbones, then. 

I thought her head was melting. 

Because she was the Wicked Witch of West Virginia. 

I spy some photoshopping where the rest of her chin used to be. 

How does a woman who's growing an army for Jesus have time for such vanities? 

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I spy some photoshopping where the rest of her chin used to be. 

How does a woman who's growing an army for Jesus have time for such vanities? 

She just grows them, while Nurie and the other R'slaves raise them. 

Jilly R looks stupid in every way, but especially her eyebrows. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, McManda said:

Anyone watch Safyia on YouTube? (No, just me?) Anyway, occasionally she plays with makeup and one thing she is always aware off is (excuse the crude term?) "butthole lip". It's when your lipstick wears off around the inner part of lip and creates that ring.

... Jill has major butthole lip. 

My immediate reaction was butthole lip.  That can be the one thing that Jill is good at.  Don't forget to sha-mash the like button 😉 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, EVS said:

Just by posting this rant on social media, Jill is contradicting herself to me.  She talks about keeping separate from the world (paraphrasing), yet uses social media which seems very worldly to me.  She talks about sports clouding focus, yet she is spending time on the internet that she could be using to pray, read the Bible etc. She talks about guarding what we put before our eyes, yet again spends time on the internet where, when she doesn’t disable them, she must see some not-very-Godly comments on her posts. The excuse that all these fundies use about their social media being their ministry is a load of bull crap.Their posts are no more a ministry than anyone else’s on FB, instagram, or twitter. They are just an excuse to draw more attention to their ignorant (see Jill’s comment about birth control) and narcissistic selves and, in some cases, make money without having an actual job. I doubt God is a big fan of the internet anyway.  More likely it is the work of Green Bean Can Satan.

And while I’m at it: Jill criticizes women for both shortening their skirts and no longer wearing them (another contradiction), yet wears an ungodly amount of makeup on her face. (I changed my original, less charitable description.)

In short, Jill, like the rest of these fundies, does not practice what she preaches.  Not that anyone cares what her ignorant-self preaches anyway.

Excellent post.

I can’t find the right words, but what struck is me is similar to what you said: she’s too busy being judgemental to be a good Christian. I don’t know the Bible well enough, but she’s like the Pharisees, right? All rules and no faith. When I was unexpectedly hospitalized, my bisexual, pants-wearing, foul-mouthed female friend offered to come to my house three times a day to take care of my dogs. Do you think Jill would selflessly help another person? Would she help someone who didn’t go to her church? What does worrying about the length of a woman’s skirt matter? Even if she praying about it? Even if she is looking up scripture about clothing? It’s all for naught. Meanwhile there is real suffering in this world and real ways that you can share God’s love.

On the local moms Facebook group someone had posted about a family with young kids who were panhandling and what to do. To my surprise, most of the responses were to give them food. That who knows what brought them to this point and even if they are legit, but that Jesus would say to feed the children and that the most important thing is to let the children know by your actions that you care about them. It was interesting. Something tells me Jill would have been busy finding a reason to judge.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Excellent post.

I can’t find the right words, but what struck is me is similar to what you said: she’s too busy being judgemental to be a good Christian. I don’t know the Bible well enough, but she’s like the Pharisees, right? All rules and no faith. When I was unexpectedly hospitalized, my bisexual, pants-wearing, foul-mouthed female friend offered to come to my house three times a day to take care of my dogs. Do you think Jill would selflessly help another person? Would she help someone who didn’t go to her church? What does worrying about the length of a woman’s skirt matter? Even if she praying about it? Even if she is looking up scripture about clothing? It’s all for naught. Meanwhile there is real suffering in this world and real ways that you can share God’s love.

On the local moms Facebook group someone had posted about a family with young kids who were panhandling and what to do. To my surprise, most of the responses were to give them food. That who knows what brought them to this point and even if they are legit, but that Jesus would say to feed the children and that the most important thing is to let the children know by your actions that you care about them. It was interesting. Something tells me Jill would have been busy finding a reason to judge.

You said it much better than I did, lol. Your friend and the people in your fb group are much better Christians and much better people than Jill will ever be. Your sentence that I bolded summarizes my feelings about all these fundie families perfectly. 

• Love 8

Jill, you are a hypocrite of the worst stripe.  You don’t criticize your Mennonite “friends”...but you'd better be dang sure they are criticizing YOU.  YOU, with your makeup and fancy clothes and uncovered head.  Sweetie, to them, you are no better than the women who dress “sluttish”.  In fact, in my shorts and jeans-wearing, rock music listening, birth control using circles you look pretty sluttish with all that makeup. So yeah.   

Stepping down from soap box. 

2EE2EACF-761F-4148-9F4E-D07EA2189A44.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Jill, you are a hypocrite of the worst stripe.  You don’t criticize your Mennonite “friends”...but you'd better be dang sure they are criticizing YOU.  YOU, with your makeup and fancy clothes and uncovered head.  Sweetie, to them, you are no better than the women who dress “sluttish”.  In fact, in my shorts and jeans-wearing, rock music listening, birth control using circles you look pretty sluttish with all that makeup. So yeah.   

Stepping down from soap box. 

2EE2EACF-761F-4148-9F4E-D07EA2189A44.jpeg

What struck me about this part of her post is that she respects her Mennonite "friends" (really?) and never criticizes their beliefs unless there's "an error in Biblical Doctrine." Since Jill and her group are the only people who read the bible correctly, all other believers are in error. You can bet Jill is ready with a lecture and an argument. 

And this pious stuff about she has sooo much room for improvement is just flapping her caked red lips. Narcissists are perfect. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill better never change. What will we complain about? Stay the same Jill R.

Jill repulses me, but she is the fundie snark gift that keeps on giving. She's crazier than a shithouse rat, and I hope she never decides to go radio silent. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4

It seems to me that many Bible verses can be interpreted in many ways and some even argued to opposite ends. How is JillR going to "correct an error in Biblical Doctrine"?

And I wonder which Mennonite "friend" JillR is passively-aggressively attacking.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

No worry. Like her makeup, she's stuck in some distant decade. She's not going anywhere. 

JillRod, Mechelle & Jeanette Jennings (Jazz's mom) all seem to be stuck in the 80's.  

I could see Jillrod favoring the cold shoulder shirts if she was allowed to wear them (without a modesty shirt underneath.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:10 AM, ginger90 said:

5E687EC6-9964-40E0-A2F3-B9CF2E5FE7C8.jpeg

5ABE6531-97C3-44FB-A064-7139D0C255FC.jpeg

0AF27ED1-9BFE-4E4E-92F0-1B436622FFB2.jpeg

Anyone else as skivved out by the photoshop job Jill did on her body in that shot?  It's almost scarier than her face.  She looks like Olive Oyl. Total lollipop head.  She also seemingly doesn't know how to slenderize her torso without distorting her arms.  Or maybe she dislocated both shoulders while patting herself on the back for being the 'right' kind of Christian once too often.  I guess posing for pics with her emaciated daughters has led to this.  She also needs to learn how to photoshop random kids staring at her and laughing out of the background.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Anyone else as skivved out by the photoshop job Jill did on her body in that shot?  It's almost scarier than her face.  She looks like Olive Oyl. Total lollipop head.  She also seemingly doesn't know how to slenderize her torso without distorting her arms.  Or maybe she dislocated both shoulders while patting herself on the back for being the 'right' kind of Christian once too often.  I guess posing for pics with her emaciated daughters has led to this.  She also needs to learn how to photoshop random kids staring at her and laughing out of the background.

Wow, I was so amazed by the melting head and it made me move on so quickly from the picture that I never noticed the body. Scary is right.

She's taken a lot of lollipop-head shots but this one really takes the lollipop. The whole picture's nuts. Can't imagine why she'd post it -- since I know she wasn't laughing at herself for creating such a mess. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

What has always confused me about Jill's style is that it is indeed stuck in the 80s, specifically maybe 1987-1989. I find that most people when they get stuck in a certain style, it is usually the style of their young adulthood but Jill was just a kid in the late 80s so it makes no sense to me that she always looks like she walked out of a White Snake video. Michelle being stuck in the 80s makes perfect sense. She is more than 10 years older than Jill so she would have been in her late teens and early 20s during that time period. Jill was 9 years old in 1987 so presumably she wasn't dolling herself up heavy black eyeliner and aquanet at that point. 

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

What has always confused me about Jill's style is that it is indeed stuck in the 80s, specifically maybe 1987-1989. I find that most people when they get stuck in a certain style, it is usually the style of their young adulthood but Jill was just a kid in the late 80s so it makes no sense to me that she always looks like she walked out of a White Snake video. Michelle being stuck in the 80s makes perfect sense. She is more than 10 years older than Jill so she would have been in her late teens and early 20s during that time period. Jill was 9 years old in 1987 so presumably she wasn't dolling herself up heavy black eyeliner and aquanet at that point. 

Jill grew up in a pretty isolated family away from a bigger city, so I can definitely see where she was at least a decade behind in style.  She is only a year older than me (which still boggles my mind) and I cannot imagine her reading Seventeen magazine or YM from the mid to late 90s.  She probably never looked at a Delia's catalog nor watched a single episode of 90210 or Blossom or Full House or anything on MTV.  She lacks the reference points that many people of her age would have for their high school years.  

• Love 9

I'm not so sure they're stuck in the 80s, although it resembles that era. I believe they're stuck in the 'Gothards' which started in JillR's childhood and Michelle started that "season of life" in her early 20s.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Nike!!!

7C9DBBAE-0A1E-4C64-91FA-1C4D59195EFE.png

I went to her account. This post by Sierra is actually an ad for Citrus and Lemon! She's shilling for them too! Here's the rest of her message verbatim:

" Just scootin’ along, in this GORGEOUS weather! This is Mark’s early birthday present, but I like how I get to play on it, too! 😉 This @citrusandlemon top is the perfect flowy, lightweight material for spring! And the flutter sleeves are a cute touch! Use code: SIERRAJO in the checkout, for a discount on the cute clothes you find! 😍 #citrusandlemonpartner #newtousscooter#feelingitalian "

Edited by Temperance
  • LOL 1

They honestly think someone will be saved by one of those tracts? More likely scared to death by poor Tim.

Is his hair really that color or what?

This family is the stuff of nightmares.

• Love 18

Timothy helped someone then god-bothered them???  What’s the real agenda here...helping someone or using it as an opportunity to push his beliefs?  I think the correct idea is to do good and let that silently attest to his Christianity. But these folks live to push their agenda. IMHO Jesus would be happier if Timothy the God-botherer just helped the stranded motorist and ended with a “God bless” than his handing out a tract. 

• Love 24
41 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

I think the correct idea is to do good and let that silently attest to his Christianity. But these folks live to push their agenda. IMHO Jesus would be happier if Timothy the God-botherer just helped the stranded motorist and ended with a “God bless” than his handing out a tract. 

Amen.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Chicklet said:

They honestly think someone will be saved by one of those tracts? More likely scared to death by poor Tim.

Jilly gives him the leftover bleach when she dyes her own hair. 

That R'girl looks like she's grimacing. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Timothy helped someone then god-bothered them???  What’s the real agenda here...helping someone or using it as an opportunity to push his beliefs?  I think the correct idea is to do good and let that silently attest to his Christianity. But these folks live to push their agenda. 

Unfortunately, Tim won't be dissuaded from the family agenda by his attendance at a college whose sole mission is teaching people to fly so no one on the planet can ever be out of reach of their god-bothering. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Chicklet said:

What exactly do these tracts say?

• Love 2