Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

90 days on the road for a woman in her third trimester with two toddlers to care for? David is an abusive asshole. Pris must not be getting prenatal care if she hasn't been home for months. What an absolute nightmare.

*my Auto Correct always changes Pris to Prison. How apropos.

• Love 19
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

90 days on the road for a woman in her third trimester with two toddlers to care for? David is an abusive asshole. Pris must not be getting prenatal care if she hasn't been home for months. What an absolute nightmare.

*my Auto Correct always changes Pris to Prison. How apropos.

Oh come now, they can just pop into any stipmall ultrasound joint for a quick look-see.  

• Love 7

Does Priscilla (and a lot of other fundy parents) think that if they talk slowly, the kids will understand it better?  I feel like yelling, spit it out already!  My kids get what I am saying when I talk fast, the kids I teach get what I am saying when I talk faster than Pris and co too!  Or is it just they are too dumb to formulate sentences any faster? 

• Love 6

By contrast, Prissy's sister Susanna has the good sense to send her kid off to pre-school. I can't post a link (her account is private), but Noelle is all outfitted IN PANTS with her cute little backpack, all ready for her new adventures (I refuse to call it a Season of Life). 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8

I just had to mention that, and I have nothing against her, it was really apparent in last week's episode that Whitney is not the brightest bulb around. She has never heard of a baby being in breech position??? I don't know how that's possible. But it wasn't just that; just something about the way she said it, and really the way she says everything. Still, I think she's very happy and has just what she wants out of life so she's far better off than many in her shoes.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Malvina said:

A slight duck lip, but no raccoon eye in sight.

Beautifully groomed eyebrows and fresh, light makeup...it's not too late, Joy Duggar! Ditch the Alice Cooper schtick!

The "you're the perfect doormat!" caption bugs me, though.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Uhm, there is a green box up thread. Its a post I did. Does anyone know why its green? Did I err in some way?

I think it just means a lot of people liked your post. :)

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Uhm, there is a green box up thread. Its a post I did. Does anyone know why its green? Did I err in some way?

If more than 25 people like it, it means you are special and green. :)

• Love 9
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Katie is a beautiful girl, she looks like a mix of Michael and Erin. The "doormat" caption is a little disappointing, I agree.

Their disgusting father is a honcho of the Gothard empire. Which hasn't changed its stripes.

So, not disappointing in my eyes. Just par for the course for a family whose headship smiled on Bill G and has been party and still is party to persecuting the women who complained about his molestation and mistreatment. Fucking Gil Bates might be a leetle nicer to his own family, since even the Hitlers of the world can often be relatively benign to their own, But the ATI/IBLP leadership altogether, including fucking Gil Bates, has treated women -- in the general sense -- like shit. Which shows their true colors. Doormats, indeed.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
On 10/5/2016 at 8:35 AM, Malvina said:

A slight duck lip, but no raccoon eye in sight.

And another awkwardly angled picture but it's not a Duggarshot? Hope this isn't a trend. Makes my neck hurt.

I think ducklips are as annoying as the eyebrow-pop. But these girls do look to be better groomed. Dare I say cleaner?

Awww. Only 16 and already the best little baby-whisperer. Bet Jana had it down by the time she was 8.

• Love 4

I don't know, this reads differently to me. She may be a baby-whisperer, but it's a title she's earned apparently (with magic charms no less), and her willingness is what most impresses the family. She's also called out for her one liners and her spunk. Overall it's so much more than any Duggar child gets and shows a recognition of Katie's talents that are hers alone.

• Love 7

Yeah I didn't get the typical Doormat from this either. I'm not a fan of Gothard and all of that, but the Bates family at the least actually allows their children to go their own way. Alyssa is not fundie anymore at all and Erin has gone away from Gothard. At least two of those other girls are also going to go away from fundie land (I can't keep them straight but Carlin and Tori maybe?). 

• Love 1
On October 2, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Oh poor, poor Prissy. 

Poor Priscilla is just pitiful.  The asshole she married treats her like a workhorse and allows her to speak on those fucking YouTube videos, knowing damn well that she's not intelligent enough to make one lick of sense.  I feel nothing but sorrow for her, and I despise that POS she's married to.

• Love 16

The picture is too big to post here, but his is the second time in the last few weeks that Whitney has been pictured wearing jeans! I'm sure she's still "skirts only" when visiting the inlaws, but hey, baby steps...I'm really curious what's changed her "conviction."

I found the pic on FJ, and I was unable to search their IG page to find the original pic. If anyone is game, feel free to shrink it to size and post it. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The picture is too big to post here, but his is the second time in the last few weeks that Whitney has been pictured wearing jeans! I'm sure she's still "skirts only" when visiting the inlaws, but hey, baby steps...I'm really curious what's changed her "conviction."

I found the pic on FJ, and I was unable to search their IG page to find the original pic. If anyone is game, feel free to shrink it to size and post it. 

If she's lucky, a creeping, half-unconscious suspicion that her in-laws are nuts.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

If she's lucky, a creeping, half-unconscious suspicion that her in-laws are nuts.

I think Lawson Zach might not be so fundie these days after. I bet becoming a cop and a father has opened his eyes ( and hopefully brain) a bit.

I have hope for these two!

Edited by yogi2014L
Mixed up my bates
  • Love 3

Zach perhaps is who you mean?  Lawson is single.  Zach's family also has a TV and a movie collection.  Their dedication to strictly following Gothard definitely appears to not be as entrenched as his parents. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Zach perhaps is who you mean?  Lawson is single.  Zach's family also has a TV and a movie collection.  Their dedication to strictly following Gothard definitely appears to not be as entrenched as his parents. 

Whoops :-P !!!! Yes

• Love 1

It looks like Whitney has totally deactivated her Instagram; I'm not turning over anything for zachnwhitbates other than hashtags. Last night, I didn't have my phone on, so I just tried a search that way and still turned up nothing.  I wonder if she got a lot of shit for her pictures in jeans? If so, that's too bad. I'll miss the pics of little Bradley. :(

• Love 1

I got "This page is not available" on Indian Paintbrush's link. Did she ban me? I never comment, because I know better! 

I did see the pic of Bradley with the pumpkin that Absolom posted; Whitney's pic in jeans was from the same pumpkin picking day. 

eta: In semi-related news, Alyssa is BACK (for now, as she says). And looking at her post with the letter banners segregated by first and middle names, Allie Jane does seem to be mixed with Lexie Mae, which was the name UP TV put out there before Alyssa got wind of it and UP deleted. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

I love that the Bates girls are great examples of how to dress modestly without shoving it in everyone's faces that they do. Normal clothing that covers what they want, but without weird modesty panels or over the top out of style fashion. And it's a huge change from the 1980s sewing patterns and clearance rack fabric matching outfits they used to wear. The Duggars have improved as well, but just don't have it as figured out. Now if they could only realize pants are no less modest than skirts for girls! 

• Love 2

In response to a post that Mark Dominguez was "Mexican":

We don't know what Hispanic derivation Mark is from. Or how much Hispanic blood he actually has. My sisters are half Mexican. Two look as pale and white as I (and I'm actually half Portuguese and Italian). Only one sister looked remotely Hispanic and/or Italian (she could "pass" for either. Ironically, she was the one with the Cindy Lou Who nose.  My other two sisters got the Roman nose. LOL @ genetics

It could be that Mark has a grandparent with the name, but the rest of his family is from other non-Hispanic countries. This is the case with my husband, who has an Italian name, but is half Serbian and looks the part  (those high cheekbones wooed me) without the melanin. We haven't run his DNA, but he also claims French ancestry (which cannot be conclusively proven). Because I was adopted, I've done DNA checks with two agencies, and a cross-check with a third for free, and I'm actually more Italian than he can be with the claims in his "pie." LOL

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

We don't know what Hispanic derivation Mark is from. Or how much Hispanic blood he actually has. My sisters are half Mexican. Two look as pale and white as I (and I'm actually half Portuguese and Italian). Only one sister looked remotely Hispanic and/or Italian (she could "pass" for either. Ironically, she was the one with the Cindy Lou Who nose.  My other two sisters got the Roman nose. LOL @ genetics

It could be that Mark has a grandparent with the name, but the rest of his family is from other non-Hispanic countries. This is the case with my husband, who has an Italian name, but is half Serbian and looks the part  (those high cheekbones wooed me) without the melanin. We haven't run his DNA, but he also claims French ancestry (which cannot be conclusively proven). Because I was adopted, I've done DNA checks with two agencies, and a cross-check with a third for free, and I'm actually more Italian than he can be with the claims in his "pie." LOL

Haha funny post!

I only referred to him as Mexican because Sierra Dominguez made a social media post that said something about 'I can say that because my husband is Mexican'

• Love 1

Bedtime stories for zach n whit consist of people's heads being cut off. Fuck me..i wonder how long befor that one bans me. Who tells kiddies crap like that??

not surprised alyssa is back, now we know shes popping another

• Love 1
11 hours ago, DoctorWhovian said:

I love that the Bates girls are great examples of how to dress modestly without shoving it in everyone's faces that they do. Normal clothing that covers what they want, but without weird modesty panels or over the top out of style fashion. And it's a huge change from the 1980s sewing patterns and clearance rack fabric matching outfits they used to wear. The Duggars have improved as well, but just don't have it as figured out. Now if they could only realize pants are no less modest than skirts for girls! 

Too bad they've only changed their view of clothing so a duped audience will help them get TeeVee money that disgusting molestation-and-sexual-oppression-cult enabler Gil Bates can use to support his cult-inspired mega-clan without actually working. Except at his "board" job of protecting the "legacy" of evil troll Bill Gothard, that is.

Bates and his enabling wife are stinking girl abusers, no matter how they now "allow" their own kids to dress for television and the Internet selfies that keep them in the public eye so their crap parents' bills get paid. What a phony facade it all is.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Hoping not to go to off topic, my sister married a man from Columbia for her first marriage. My nephews have a hispanic last name, but look totally Anglo. The youngest was pale, green-eyed and red haired. The eldest was pale, brown-eyed and light brown hair. But, there are blond, pale-skinned Castellians, so last names really don't say much when trying to guess someone's ethnic background.

• Love 3

Just to clear anything up: Sierra said her husband was Mexican on a social media post. I didn't just throw any Latino reference out there. All the details of origin about whether to judge a last name by its origin and whether someone looks ethnically traditional etc. That has nothing to do with my original post from Counting On. I replied to somewhere there about Sierra's Mexican husband (& again she specifically stated Mexican). It has taken on a life of its own

• Love 5

Her due date was Wednesday, the day Davey took her to whatever crappy midwife they're using (does Venessa travel to Big Sandy?) and out for a buy-one-get-one-free fast food dinner date. Because nothing says romance like free junk food. 

• Love 5