Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

We've seen how rude and controlling JB is with his future son-in-law 'Babe' and how controlling he is with Cringe now that she's about to escape and we've seen how he's treated Ben as well.  He acts like they are all ' below' him like he's King.  It just makes me wonder if JB is too controlling to release Jana to a potential mate for reasons unknown.  He can barely stand to be around Cringe and Babe without putting Babe down and hovering over Cringe like she's his property.  He honestly may not be able to let Jana go like he has to keep  his property under his headship and since she does so much of everything in that family he may feel some kind of sick self-esteem boost from her daily submission.   He can only let so many of his subjects free at one time.  

• Love 9

Defrauder, I agree. The house would go to shit if Jana left. There's really nobody to fill in. Joy is too young, and frankly, too dumb to handle all the organizing and scheduling Jana does on a daily basis. God forbid one of those lazy ass boys be expected to take responsibility for anything, so it's Jana or nobody.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Defrauder, I agree. The house would go to shit if Jana left. There's really nobody to fill in. Joy is too young, and frankly, too dumb to handle all the organizing and scheduling Jana does on a daily basis. God forbid one of those lazy ass boys be expected to take responsibility for anything, so it's Jana or nobody.

Yes and I do feel sorry for the boys as well since JB has spent a lot of time eroding any self esteem they may have had on their own.  He's always got to be head of the pack and he's kept his sons from developing positive feelings and ambition beyond his almighty headship.  JD has become his private pilot.  They all have to submit to his leadership and accept him as not only their authority but their employer as well.  He limits their achievements to what suits him.  Jana is irreplaceable at this point and JB uses her as a feed for his ego's control.  The boys/men don't fare much better.  They may not have to do childcare and cooking but whatever they do manage to do it's ultimately for JB which has to destroy ambition and motivation right there as well as opportunity. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

TLC are unlikely to have publicly ruled anything out, or to have promised not to have any individuals appear in the show. 

Nope. TLC did say that Smuggar would not appear in this season of Counting On.

• Love 1

In response to the "Duggars are worth $3MM" claim: 

This is an old number. I believe the $3 mil (a figure given before 19 Kids was canceled, more like maybe 2013/4) included his house, back 40, and expected TLC income. At the time, they were rumored to be making around $40-50k/episode. Don't forget the two planes. I would throw in whatever commercial properties he may still own (I don't think it's that many). I think that he's merely collecting rent on those at this point; he seems more into house flipping these days. IOW, I think that figure was liquid assets at the time. 

I would also assume he is worth much more, but those assets are tied up in real estate. Didn't Koka discover that he owns 12 residential properties ATM? Who knows what condition these places are in, but the fact remains, he owns them, unless he got *gasp* mortgages to stretch his dollars. 

He (& she) have 2-3 mill worth of commercial/industrial buildings, rental homes, and undeveloped land. An interstate upgrade/realignment seems to be part of why he's bought certain undeveloped property. 

The poolhouse acquisition suggests he's got significant funds he can access quickish. 

Never saw any mortgages on any of the paperwork either.

• Love 1

I didn't think he had any mortgages, but I figured I should bring it up for comedic value. :D

At any rate, he's worth well over $3MM in liquid assets. Maybe less show revenue (who knows how that's divvied up these days, but I'm sure he gets a cut), but certainly more real estate than he had before. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
27 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Don't forget the cell phone towers. Still, 30 people to support we be 40 or 45 in 10 years or so, and these parent proved they don't really care about all their kids.

I say the more the merrier. Because until they really see the headlights of the poverty train coming straight at them down the track, not one of the Duggars -- who are all dumb enough to believe their idiot father's propaganda -- will stir his or her ass off the bus-station couches (almost called it the bust-station....indeed) to go get some work with a, you know, paycheck.

And, yeah, there's work they all could do. Wouldn't be great paying work to start. But they're all able-bodied and if they worked hard they could make some cash and even slowly advance. (the way normal people do) But they're still too entitled even to try. After all, they're the ministering Duggars so God will provide. And that'll remain the case until necessity grabs some of them by the damn necks.

Come on, necessity.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I agree, they could all be Chick-Fil-A assistant managers with a little, you know, work. I kind of want Jessa's first shift at the Walgreens cosmetics desk filmed.

I imagine that if any of them got a job at Chickfila or Walgreen's, that would be a huge step towards becoming respectable people.  What I think would be as funny as hell is Jessa or Jilly having to work at a late night pharmacy on the weekend that sold beer and everyone was buying condoms...I wonder if Michelle would protest that, even though one can see the same at Walmart.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

What I think would be as funny as hell is Jessa or Jilly having to work at a late night pharmacy on the weekend that sold beer and everyone was buying condoms...

Jill would probably cry in the corner and call a manager to ring up the condoms. She probably thinks God will render her infertile if she even touches the box.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jill would probably cry in the corner and call a manager to ring up the condoms. She probably thinks God will render her infertile if she even touches the box.

Wasn't there some story about how they drove for miles to find a store that didn't sell alcohol when they needed milk or diapers or something? 

• Love 3

JimBob's public birthday greeting letter to Michelle:  Dear Michelle, bla bla bla, etc., over 32 years, bla bla bla, Thank you for having our 19 kids, bla bla bla, etc., JimBob.

Every women gets a public birthday greeting from her husband saying - thank you for having our kids.  Is that weird or what?  Happy Birthday, thank you for having our kids?  Imagine if they made birthday greeting cards that actually said that: To My Wife on her Birthday, Thank you dear for having our kids.  People would be like what?

Michelle's claim to fame, literally, having kids. Next year on JimBob's birthday will Michelle thank him for getting her pregnant 19 times? I'll write it for her to save her the trouble.  Dear Jim Bob, bla bla bla, over 32 years, etc., thank you for getting me pregnant with our 19 kids.  Michelle.

Edited by Defrauder
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wasn't there some story about how they drove for miles to find a store that didn't sell alcohol when they needed milk or diapers or something? 

Don't they shop at Walmart? In most cities, I'd imagine one could buy wine and beer at all Walmarts and I know in some states, you can buy liquor at Walmart.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Don't they shop at Walmart? In most cities, I'd imagine one could buy wine and beer at all Walmarts and I know in some states, you can buy liquor at Walmart.

I didn't know that. There a couple of Walmarts in my neck of the woods and neither sell alcohol.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Good thing she doesn't live in PA. There aren't going to be many places you can't buy alcohol since a new law. Jeremy's parents live in PA, correct?

Be good if they did this in Arkansas. It'd be appropriate for the Duggs to have to stay out of all public places. Since they want to live in the 16th century, they should just stay home and grow all their own crap. ... Also stay off of television.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It's a state-by-state thing.  I've been to Walmarts (in the South, coincidentally) that sold booze, along with drug stores, gas stations, and everything short of nail salons (and even then, hey, you never know).  I grew up in PA, that up until recently had some of the strictest Blue Laws in the US (and still has a state monopoly on wine and hard liquor sales) and has only recently started loosening up on wine liquor sales on Sundays (you could buy beer at a distro or packy or deli starting in '03).  

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Be good if they did this in Arkansas. It'd be appropriate for the Duggs to have to stay out of all public places. Since they want to live in the 16th century, they should just stay home and grow all their own crap. ... Also stay off of television.

Yeah, but they'd actually have to *work* to do that, and we all know how much they despise working.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They eat in restaurants that serve alcohol so I don't think shopping where alcohol is sold is a deal breaker to them. 

Because, moral integrity and all that ...

• Love 3
On 9/18/2016 at 3:05 PM, JoanArc said:

I agree, they could all be Chick-Fil-A assistant managers with a little, you know, work. I kind of want Jessa's first shift at the Walgreens cosmetics desk filmed.

I think Jessa Blessa should sell cosmetics at Nordstrom. There's several around the country now. I'd order that on PPV.

9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

But...but...but TV is THEIR MINISTRY!

I'm sure it's just a coinkidink that it was the only possible avenue to amass enough income to feed and house a family of 21 people...

• Love 1

Don't ask me why I thought of this, but do the Duggars slaves children have J names because Jesus starts with a J?  Does anyone know?

I should have put this in the questions thread.  I don't know how to move it, so sorry about that.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 1

I don't know where they're flying to (they also posted a pic of Izzy at the airport playing with a giant chessboard). Could family members already be flying out for what could be JinJer's "destination" wedding? Eeeks! At any rate, this woman looks INSANE. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't know where they're flying to (they also posted a pic of Izzy at the airport playing with a giant chessboard). Could family members already be flying out for what could be JinJer's "destination" wedding? Eeeks! At any rate, this woman looks INSANE. 

"Michelle's Theme"

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Take that, Kelly Jo Bates. Nanny nanny boo boo.

• Love 3

Hmmmm...Izzy is on an airplane and not in a seat.  I wonder if they were able to use the "infant on lap" clause to score him a free ticket?  I flew with my son when he was that age and there is no way I wouldn't get him his own seat and keep him firmly put in it.  He had plenty of activities to keep him occupied during the flight and it kept him out of the flight attendant's way.  An unsecured and bored toddler on an airplane is just a bad idea...

I wonder if they flew first class?  

• Love 2

My hope that "if" Cringe and Babe's wedding is truly in NYC that TLC have a glam team to help them all get ready. That would include a hairstylist that would quickly lop that bird's nest off MeChelle's head and give all the other girls a nice fresh haircut and Carmady from What Not To Wear, doing the wedding makeup. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

My hope that "if" Cringe and Babe's wedding is truly in NYC that TLC have a glam team to help them all get ready. That would include a hairstylist that would quickly lop that bird's nest off MeChelle's head and give all the other girls a nice fresh haircut and Carmady from What Not To Wear, doing the wedding makeup. 

But but but .. God! Woman's crowning glory! Gothard! Daddy!

Puke.

• Love 4

So they've gone from 1000+ guest wedding extravaganzas to getting married on the sly? This just gives more proof to my theory that J-Chelle did not spend 3 hours "visiting with and praying for" random strangers in the local department store. They can't trust that their typical venues can keep out those who think the Duggars are full of shit and will tell them so.

IMHO, of course.

• Love 2
On 9/19/2016 at 5:11 AM, GeeGolly said:

I didn't know that. There a couple of Walmarts in my neck of the woods and neither sell alcohol.

That's interesting! The Walmarts in my state, VA, definitely do sell alcohol.

Wow, a possible JinJer wedding this week? In all likelihood we'll be hearing about a pregnancy in the next few months, unless she's so thin that her fertility is affected.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, becca3891 said:
On 9/19/2016 at 5:11 AM, GeeGolly said:

That's interesting! The Walmarts in my state, VA, definitely do sell alcohol.

Yeah, but in VA you can get beer at a 7/11.   Here in MD, Walmart does not sell beer and it may be by county, but where I live only one supermarket per district can sell beer and wine.   

If the wedding is this week, I hope Michelle and Jim Bob are dressed properly for it.  No tinfoil dresses and no scuffed up, work shoes for JB even if they are black.  If you are going to dress up for a wedding-- Dress UP!  There is nothing wrong with a casual wedding, where everyone is dressed comfortable, but they do seem to want to make it a formal wedding.  They just do it half-a**ed as usual Duggar style.

• Love 4