Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E11: The Women Tell All

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Chris Soules faces 17 of the bachelorettes he rejected, including the latest one he sent home heartbroken. Also: bloopers from the season; and a preview of Chris' emotional final days in his journey to find true love.

Edited by OnceSane
locked topic until after show airs

The crowd is booing (or negatively "oooh"ing) Carly and cheering Britt. Bachelor Nation (as represented by the studio audience) is Team Britt...at least in this first face-off.  Harrison is asking Britt whether she loved Chris. She's saying, "Yes! Absolutely!" while she's shaking her head no. If she's going to continue to lie, she needs to work on the OBVIOUS tells. This audience is buying everything that Britt is saying, though, such as her explanation about not wanting to get married now, etc. Britt came on this show "for love if you want to put it the simplest way." What would be the complex way? Wrong Reasons famewhoring? Nearly a half hour focused on Britt in her big redemption storyline with lots of cheers and tears. Yep, she's a contender for Bachelorette. Oh, yeah, this commercial break hysterics to Harrison is TOTALLY the Bachelorette audition reel!

How do they not have tissues on set?! This episode should be sponsored by Kleenex...and maybe some psychiatric medications.

20 minutes on Kelsey and I have nothing to say on that. (shrug) Although I think it's odd how Jillian was so incensed defending Britt and is also the only one defending Kelsey. I think she's just has some roid rage going and would fight anyone just to fight; she practically Hulked out over Britt.

Ashley started an onion garden! I died when she said the cat didn't reply. I ALMOST think that she was punking us--especially when she was saying she was bored and liked to explore why they all sat in the house crying (touche!). But then she'd get a vacant look, and once again I'd think she's legitimately crazy. So glad Harrison didn't wait until summer to tease Ashley on Bachelor in Paradise! That woman was made for that show--and likely cast on this one just for that spin-off.

Jade is upset that Chris found the disparity between the quiet, reserved person he thought she was and the way her family described her as "disturbing." But wouldn't that be expected that if i like X quality in a person and her family is telling me she's the EXACT OPPOSITE, that that's definitely disconcerting. (And maybe that's the word--or even finding dissonance--that Chris meant but he doesn't have Kelsey's vocabulary.) Shouldn't Jade be more upset about all the "wild mustang" talk from her brother and father?! Well, sounds like she'll confront Chris directly later. 

Kaitlyn is saying she's heartbroken and thinks about Chris every day, but I'm not buying it. Britt was freaking HYSTERICAL tears and more tears on top of tears. I'm not getting any emotion out of Kaitlyn.  I realize she'll likely be the next lead, but I don't see her being vulnerable. She'd probably end up with 6 new "just one of the guys" best buddies. But, again, let's see when she actually speaks with Chris.

Oh no! Chris is going to fall under the power of Britt's hug! Chris's eye is twitching when Britt is talking about their chemistry. Is he trying not to cry? Is he trying to resist her magnetism?

Kaitlyn doesn't even get to come up to the couch?! She just seems angry about not being let down courteously--not heartbroken. Bachelor Nation vote here NOT to make her the lead,  please. They can't reasonably pull off "Bachelor Nation was heartbroken for her"--she's not even heartbroken herself!

Ok, Chris's eyes are twitching out of his skull with Jade! Someone get this man some Visene.

Chris Harrison wrote a novel?! Someone needs to read this and write us a book report. Not it!

• Love 10

Can't believe so many women could get themselves so worked up over this goob.

Gotta say, Carly did not come out of that looking good.  I liked her a lot more before tonight.  She certainly did seem petty, vindictive, and (as much as I hate it when people say this about women who hate other women) jealous.

Also: Carly looked a lot like Jane Krakowski, and Ashley S with her hair up was almost a dead ringer for Kristen Bell.  That's a weird thought.

• Love 13

I believe the reason Kaitlyn is so upset is because she most likely gave it up and then he dumped her for someone who most likely didn't.  That has got to hurt.  Nice to see bitchy Carly, humbled.  Jillian seems to be really cool.  I wish we'd gotten to know her better.  Based on Mr. Soules' comments, seems Chris is going to pull a Mesnick, in that the one he picks isn't the one he really wants.  Should be interesting. 

Britt for the next Bachelorette. 

• Love 4

Carly annoyed me with her constant interruptions. I think they are setting up Britt to be the next Bachelorette. Kelsey did not redeem herself and Ashley Kardashian came off looking immature as usual.

Chris's laugh, just ugh. What a turn off.

Britt is the definition of a drama queen. That said, there was a lot of mean behaviour from many of the women this season, so I understand why things got emotional. Still, she overhugs and overcries...it's exhausting watching her.

• Love 9
I believe the reason Kaitlyn is so upset is because she most likely gave it up and then he dumped her for someone who most likely didn't.  That has got to hurt.

THIS!

Also, did Ashley I get her lash extensions removed, or  . . . shortened or something?  Her eyes were much less obnoxious tonight.  I mean, granted, we weren't getting the really tight closeups on her face that we did during the season either, so maybe I just couldn't tell.  But she seems to have toned down the makeup overall.  She looked nearly natural.  Or as natural as a girl like that is ever going to get.  Maybe seeing herself on TV with all that crap caked on her face made her rethink the whole thing.

• Love 2
(edited)

Just when I thought the Bachelor universe couldn't get any weirder, Chris Harrison plugs his new romance novel out of left field. Oy vey!

When this season first started, the two women I had the biggest crush on were Nikki and Samantha. Unfortunately, the two of them flew under the radar and never got any screen time because they're not crazy, slutty, controversial, etc. Tonight, apparently even the crew didn't know who they were, because the first time Nikki spoke, the on-screen graphic identified her as Samantha. My first thought was, what happened to Samantha's olive skin?

Chris has gotten a lot of flack for being inconsiderate to various women, but I think he handled Ashley S's craziness (especially when she randomly interrupted his interview during the zombie date) in a polite and tactful way.

Kelsey and the handkerchief / pocket square...I can't even.

What is it with Britt and too-long hugs? Does she actually think that's endearing?

Edited by PhilW
  • Love 8

Poor Carly, the audience was all about Britt.  I loved that Carly was the first person he hugged when the show was over though.  Carly was just trying to be a good friend to Chris.

I can't believe they'd seriously consider Britt for anything---all she does is fake cry and lie constantly.  Why didn't they go to the tape of her saying one thing to the girls and something completely different to Chris.

Perhaps the audience was all friends of Britt?  She's just not likeable.

Yes Jade, you were sent home for the photos, perhaps if you'd told him sooner, you'd of been sent home sooner.  He plainly said that a past like that wouldn't work for him or his neighbors.  Kaitlyn is still upset 4 months later?  I always wonder if they watch the show, it's easy to miss when you're in the moment, but seeing his connection with the others should provide more clarity.  Although, his relationship with Becca is puzzling.

Chris H. wrote a book?  That's got to be the craziest announcement ever on this show.

• Love 8
(edited)
I'm not getting any emotion out of Kaitlyn.  I realize she'll likely be the next lead, but I don't see her being vulnerable. She'd probably end up with 6 new "just one of the guys" best buddies.

I totally agree...I would loathe Kaitlyn as the next Bachelorette...she seems like the kind of woman who friend-zones every man she dates, and she's also the kind of person (and there are plenty of men like this, too) who thinks they could hack it as a standup comedian, so they feel the need to constantly crack (lame) jokes.

Chris Harrison wrote a novel?! Someone needs to read this and write us a book report. Not it!

The book definitely needs its own thread in this forum.

Ashley S with her hair up was almost a dead ringer for Kristen Bell.

Since the start of the season, I've thought she looks more like a young Courtney Thorne-Smith. She's very frustrating, because she's cute but so, so crazy. 

Edited by PhilW
  • Love 3

That hug went on so long I had to avert my gaze out of embarrassment for Britt.

He was clearly really uncomfortable, but of course, it's all about Britt.  Holding his hand and putting her other on his knee was completely inappropriate, I think it's also why Kaitlyn kept her seat, she didn't want to look like Britt.

• Love 9

But she loves so, so hard!   She builds schools for unfortunate children!   Me, me, I, I, I!    Damn lady, I know you're a big fish in a small pond on the Hollywood D list,  but there were actually other people who had the same right to compete for the sweaty and inarticulate love of Farmer Goober. 

• Love 16

Britt is the definition of a drama queen. That said, there was a lot of mean behaviour from many of the women this season, so I understand why things got emotional. Still, she overhugs and overcries...it's exhausting watching her.

And yet her makeup is never smudged - amazing!

• Love 7

This episode just solidified for me that if Britt is the next Bachelorette, I'm out. Everything is all about her, her, her. How is she the poor victim when Chris straight up told her that he saw qualities he didn't want in his wife after SHE blew up at him? She had already made plans to leave so why if she blaming Carly for her departure? This woman is trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. And then that small section where she is talking to Chris before they continue to resume the show? So set up to show how genuine she really is. HATE this girl.

• Love 20

And then she kept touching his thigh! If I were his fiancée that would make me pretty annoyed.

Still, Britt almost had me until the part where she told Chris she forgives and understands him for being duped by Carly and not knowing any better.

• Love 5

Yeah, I felt the same way. Maybe it's just me, but Chris seemed over Britt. Sometimes when the chemistry starts off that intense, it goes away just as quickly. I think Chris got to a point where he was just over her and suddenly she wasn't looking so hot anymore. I've seen it happen in real life many, many times..to myself included. That inital crazy attraction is awesome while it's happening but it often doesn't last.

• Love 8
(edited)

Watching Carly get smacked down was beautiful - Jillian was not having it. All that said, I still found Britt and all her tears annoying as hell and I still do think there is an element of fake about her but she was right to call out Carly. And I loved Jillian bringing up the stuff the producers/editors conveniently didn't show of Carly talking shit about Jillian in front of Chris and being that catty bitch she apparently always was. 

Oh Kelsey, I don't know. I obviously believe she lost her husband and I actually do believe it was tragic for her and I'm not going to question she loved him but there is definitely something not completely right about that woman. While I hate the group-think and witch hunts on these shows, I honestly found it hard to feel any genuineness from Kelsey. Even when she was saying the right things it just all came across so affected and calculated. 

Ashley S was cute for about a minute and then it just got eye roll worthy because while she may have been being real on the show in all her battiness (debatable), there was without question a schtick going on with her tonight, probably realizing how people had responded to her nutty behavior. I did enjoy her saying flat out that she was just bored hanging around that mansion which is why she went exploring on the grounds. It's always nice when a little bit of the veil is lifted off this show. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8

I think Jade wants to have it both ways -- the excitement, money and small scale fame of doing Playboy.com -- and still be treated like a demure little princess.  She'd be better off just embracing the wild mustang.

I really hope they don't pick the next B'ette from this group.  None of them really seem right for the job.  I do think Ashley S isn't the only candidate for Bachelor in Paradise, though.  I think Ashley I, Tara, Carley and Jillian might be entertaining as well.

• Love 12

If Chris really was into Britt at the end, anything Carly said wouldn't have mattered. I preferred Kaitlin's explanation about things than Britt's. Actually it was better that Chris cut Kaitlin when he did instead of at final two. I think his second place woman is someone he knows won't be too hurt, but I could be wrong. Kelsey is still weird; she talks like she's reading off a script, and she probably is, in her mind. I think she had all these explanations prepared in her head. Who knew Jillian was the champion of underdogs? I never liked her as much as tonight.

Carly came off as pretty mean. What I don't understand about Jade: she has this big secret about her pictures, she finally reveals it to Chris reluctantly and kind of shamefaced, then she shows the pictures to him. If she's ashamed, why does she show the pictures? If she's not, why is this such a dark secret?

• Love 4

Carly, I so want to love you, but you are making it so hard! I have been defending her. But could she not have shown a little self-awareness and apologized for being a jerk? I would have accepted any little Kelsey excuse like she was overwhelmed with her own feelings and that is why she was mean. I felt sure that after she watched it back she would have been a little contrite toward Britt.

• Love 2

Britt was so annoying; she would be a terrible Bachelorette. Plus the lipstick!!!! I can barely stand to look at her, I had to look away whenever her face filled up the screen. Just the way the production guy had to kick her out of the hot seat at the last second revealed what an attention-hog she is.  I don't believe she has the right stuff to convince America to tune in for her journey for love.  

• Love 11
Britt was so annoying; she would be a terrible Bachelorette. Plus the lipstick!!!!

Speaking of lipstick, I almost lost it when they showed the preview of the season finale, which showed Whitney still wearing that dumb fuchsia lipstick that most of the women have been wearing all season long.

• Love 1
(edited)

My son's visiting tonight, so I coaxed into watching segments of the show (by promising him Ashley S. antics) and he is still convinced, as I am, that she totally knows what she's about.  Son still adores her, of course... says she's the best thing that could have happened to this show.  We were talking about how you see her listen to a question, stop for a second to look for the cosmic-joke angle, and then deliver her reply to the cosmic joke.  Example: "This is so weird" (What's weird?) "That we're all on tv."  She seems to be the kind that is listening to an inner take on things... and what's really strange is that when she's really on, all the observers (other bachelorettes, Chris, and Chris) act like they've never seen anyone entertain themselves by deliberately going with their own off-the-wall impulse thoughts.  Don't we all have thoughts like that?  Just usually suppressed, so as not to freak out the natives?

She summarized it perfectly when she said she was bored.  (I love the way she said that!  The most honest thing anyone's ever said on this show! LOL)  She didn't seem like she was into Chris, so she decided to mess around until it was time to go.  And the fact that he didn't get it, at all, just proves that she was right not to be into him.

It'd be great to see her on Bachelor In Paradise, but I'm afraid they'd try to break her out of her cosmic-joke-perspective and force her to take herself too seriously.  But she'd be awesome paired  up with one of the Bachelorette guys, if he had a similar take on life and the wits to keep up with her.  Can't think of who he might be though... Together, she and whoever-he-might-be could rock the BIP world. That'd be a show I'd want to see.

As for the rest, Son got truly disgusted and declared that they were all awful women, before leaving the room and asking me to let him know when Ashley was on. 

Britt was... I don't know... like a two year old, I guess.  Throwing her head back on the couch when she wasn't getting her way; trying desperately to reconnect with Chris (come on, you know you still want me); ugly crying.  Yeah, not interested in her act.  Kelsey trying to do damage control and failing.  Just so many eye-rolling moments.  Still liked Samantha though.

Edited by CalamityBoPeep
  • Love 6
(edited)

I think Jade wants to have it both ways -- the excitement, money and small scale fame of doing Playboy.com -- and still be treated like a demure little princess. She'd be better off just embracing the wild mustang.

Agreed. I was really put off that she was mad that Chris said it was uncomfortable watching her videos with her. Wouldn't most guys? She tried to spin that those videos were a mistake that she made when she was younger that she regrets, but 5 minutes of googling suggest otherwise. The pics and videos were done within the last two years, she's well into her 20s, not 18, and she regularly appears in pics and events for The Chive (which is known for slutty selfies from model wannabes and Jades pics for them are no exception). You don't get to make that your "career" and then be shocked it limits your options. Plenty of guys like their sluts on the screen but not in the bed.

Edited by Shibori
  • Love 7
(edited)
If Chris really was into Britt at the end, anything Carly said wouldn't have mattered.

Exactly. And no matter what Carly said, the bigger problem was that, when it came time to hash all this out with Chris, Britt chose to be a drama queen rather than discuss the issue like an adult. 

Not to mention, it wasn't Carly who said Britt was thinking of leaving, it was Britt. 

Carly had nothing to do with Britt acting like a brat when Chris gave the rose to Kaitlyn on the 3 on 1 date. 

And it wasn't Carly who told Chris that Britt was not certain about bringing him home to meet her family. that was Britt.

All Carly told Chris was that Britt was talking out of both sides of her mouth. As bitchy as that may or may not have been, it was Britt, and Britt alone, who proved the truth of that statement. 

Sadly, before the WTA aired, I was convinced that The Bachelorette was Kaitlyn's for the taking, but all the focus on the unclean one tonight made me think TPTB are undecided, or worse, really leaning towards Britt. I was sold when they came back from a commercial break and showed us Britt and Harrison speaking "privately". 

I believe the reason Kaitlyn is so upset is because she most likely gave it up and then he dumped her for someone who most likely didn't.

While I have no doubt that Kaitlyn and Chris expressed their love physically (which was the style at the time), whereas Becca and Chris did not, I honestly don't think it made that much difference to whether Chris was going to keep Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn wanted a real explanation for getting the boot, but I don't think she could handle it. The plain truth, I think, is that there were three women left, one had to go, and Kaitlyn was number three. Not much more to it. 

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 15
I believe the reason Kaitlyn is so upset is because she most likely gave it up and then he dumped her for someone who most likely didn't.

Is "let my walls down" (or words to that effect actually code for having sex?  For as much of a reality show dating cliche as it is, I never thought of it in that way.  But I'm pretty sure that's what Kaitlyn, at least meant.

And on a purely superficial note, for some reason I found the shape of Kaitlyn's lips very distracting and off-putting.  Her lips curl down and then abruptly back up at the very edges.  What was weird.

• Love 2

And on a purely superficial note, for some reason I found the shape of Kaitlyn's lips very distracting and off-putting.  Her lips curl down and then abruptly back up at the very edges.  What was weird.

I wondered if she had had some injections recently.  Were they always so puffy, and I just never noticed before tonight?

• Love 1
(edited)

Carly should have dialled it back a notch but Britt was insufferable.  She reminds me of my 5 year-old niece when she's grumpy - throws her head down, pouts and cries, then only stops when she realizes no one is paying attention (notice how quickly her tears dried up after the commercial break).

And for the last time Britt, Chris didn't send you home because he was "duped by Carly". You seem to have forgotten your little outburst after Kaitlyn got the group date rose. But of course that footage didn't air tonight, hm wonder why.

I suffered through Emily Maynard and Andi Dorfman but I draw the line at Britt. If she's the next bachelorette I will not be watching.

Edited by thejuicer
  • Love 16

I couldn't help comparing Chris to Andi in their responses to the rejected ones and Chris definitely much kinder. He didn't seem defensive, he just tried to explain his feelings as much as he could.

• Love 5

I couldn't help comparing Chris to Andi in their responses to the rejected ones and Chris definitely much kinder. He didn't seem defensive, he just tried to explain his feelings as much as he could.

I get the impression with Chris it's not so much that he's not defensive.  It's that he just doesn't care.  But as long as he's willing to give lip service to "the journey" and "finding true love", he gets the kid's-glove treatment by CH.

Relatedly, I don't believe for a second that anyone comes on this show to "find love", and I realize that Chris S. is no wordsmith.  But I still can't believe he actually said that was equally "falling in love" with 3 different women at the same time, and that the identity of the women he decided to take from F3 to F2 was essentially a matter of random chance.  Does that mean the same formula (throwing a dart at a dartboard in a dark room) applies to his choice of the F1?  And, if so, what sort of telephone conversation is he having with his F1 right about now?

I think he should've been pressed on that issue.

• Love 5

Carly should have dialled it back a notch but Britt was insufferable.  She reminds me of my 5 year-old niece when she's grumpy - throws her head down, pouts and cries, then only stops when she realizes no one is paying attention (notice how quickly her tears dried up after the commercial break).

And for the last time Britt, Chris didn't send you home because he was "duped by Carly". You seem to have forgotten your little outburst after Kaitlyn got the group date rose. But of course that footage didn't air tonight, hm wonder why.

I suffered through Emily Maynard and Andi Dorfman but I draw the line at Britt. If she's the next bachelorette I will not be watching.

I really, really hope that the reason the footage of Britt acting like an ass on the 3 on 1 group date wasn't shown was simply because the producers decided that the storyline of the WTA was going to be that Carly is a meanie....because otherwise that means they didn't show it to paint Britt in a good light...and ugh, gross. I rarely watch Bachelorette seasons anyway, but if Britt is the lead..gag me.

• Love 1
(edited)
Kaitlyn is still upset 4 months later?  I always wonder if they watch the show, it's easy to miss when you're in the moment, but seeing his connection with the others should provide more clarity.

I don't think her confusion was about his feeling more for others but as she noted, that the way he acted she truly thought there was no way she was going home and so she wanted to know when he knew it was Becca and not her. In other words, I think she just wanted to understand if he knew before and if he did why didn't he let her go, maybe give some indication he wasn't feeling it with her rather than doing everything to reassure her.

It's why she brought up Andi's letting Chris go early during her F3. I think that's what Kaitlyn was trying to understand - was he really that confused until that very moment and if so what made him pick Becca. And if he wasn't and knew it was Becca and Whitney, why didn't he at least give her some indication before or even let her go earlier rather than drag it out. 

To each his own but despite the heavy emphasis on Britt, it didn't make her likable to me at all. I just found her over the top dramatic and weepy and I didn't feel bad or empathize with her, I just wanted her to quit with the annoying bawling. And that segment with Chris was just way over the top. And I think that's exactly why some of the women thought Britt was fake. She's just so exaggerated with things - the too long hug, the dramatic bawling, even the five pounds of caked on makeup, the squealing when she was excited about something, telling Chris she wanted like a 100 children. It's all so big and over the top that it doesn't seem real. 

I personally like Kaitlyn and I didn't expect that when the season started with her and the crass "plough the fuck out of my field" comments and the mooning. But over time I felt a genuineness and authenticity from her. She seemed to get along well with most of the women and even the ones that weren't liked or there was drama, like Britt and Kelsey, she wasn't harsh or hateful about them in her comments. I remember after Britt threw her big tantrum she stayed relatively calm and told Britt how her acting like she did made Kaitlyn feel like shit because Britt essentially acted like "how could Chris give that person the rose over me." 

And unpopular opinion but I think she's very beautiful and thought she looked incredibly sexy tonight, more so than Britt with the ten pounds of weave and little girl poofy dress. I hope the producers don't go with Britt as the next Bachelorette over Kaitlyn. I hear the comments about her walls and sort of guard up but I actually think that might make for a more intense and dramatic season because if she truly falls for any of the guys it will likely be intense since she's not so easily swayed. 

eta: I forgot to add, that as crazy as Kelsey may be, I thought it was total bullshit when Samantha said that Kelsey's apparent fake panic attack that night cost her her chance with Chris because she went home instead of Kelsey because of the fake attack. Now I'm sorry, that's some bullshit. This is way Kelsey should have completely brought out the bitch and said "Samantha you were going home anyway because if you and Chris had had no connection or chance to really speak up to that point, guess what, it's because he wasn't interested."

Most viewers didn't even know who  Samantha was when she was eliminated that night. That's how irrelevant she'd been up to that point and she thinks Kelsey's faux panic attack was what ruined her chances with Chris? In the words of Evelyn Lozado, sorry Samantha but you were a non-mutherfu**ing factor all season long. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 10

I agree with everything you said, truthaboutluv.  I like Kaitlyn and found her to be genuine in needing to hear from Chris.  I think his answer, though not articulate, soothed her.  We heard him say, "I am falling in love with you, as well."  And it is easy to assume they made love.  Of course that would be haunting her since she was blindsided.  That must have been terrible.  She was so sure.  

• Love 3
I don't think her confusion was about his feeling more for others but as she noted, that the way he acted she truly thought there was no way she was going home and so she wanted to know when he knew it was Becca and not her. In other words, I think she just wanted to understand if he knew before and if he did why didn't he let her go, maybe give some indication he wasn't feeling it with her rather than doing everything to reassure her.

I think she came very close to pulling a Nick there.  

BTW, I think this is the first W(M)TA where CH hasn't asked the bootees who they thought would be the F1.  

Also I realized tonight that I still have no independent recollection of the first 5 or 6 bootees that CH introduced.  

The thing I found the most odd about Kelsey, both in her talking-head clips from the season and in her sit-down with CH tonight, is how dissociated she is.  She truly seems to be narrating her own life . . . out loud. . . . for other people to hear.

TPTB had a great time making fun of not-virgin Ashley for how "crazy" she was.  But, unless she's putting on an act that she thinks will "sell", I really believe that there is something wrong with Kelsey.

• Love 7
I wondered if she had had some injections recently.  Were they always so puffy, and I just never noticed before tonight?

She's had a serious case of duck lips all season.  It's hard for me to look at her.

• Love 4
(edited)

To each his own but despite the heavy emphasis on Britt, it didn't make her likable to me at all. I just found her over the top dramatic and weepy and I didn't feel bad or empathize with her, I just wanted her to quit with the annoying bawling. And that segment with Chris was just way over the top. And I think that's exactly why some of the women thought Britt was fake. She's just so exaggerated with things - the too long hug, the dramatic bawling, even the five pounds of caked on makeup, the squealing when she was excited about something, telling Chris she wanted like a 100 children. It's all so big and over the top that it doesn't seem real. 

I agree - Britt did not come off looking good at all!  I lost count of the amount of times she started to "intensely" cry, only to magically stop a second later... all the while poofing her hair and batting her eyelashes... ugh.   Her "talk" with Chris could not have been more condescending... 'it's okay that you were duped Chris, I understand'.  Carly is all sorts of wrong as well - but that was Britt's subtle way of trying to hurt Carly by establishing Chris as being on her side... don't think it worked at all though.  Chris could just barely hide his contempt for her during their talk, he is clearly very well over her.  He is not an articulate guy, but he at least showed genuine emotion when talking to Jade and Kaitlyn.  

Britt obviously has problems with Carly, but I think, based on her facial expressions, it also really kills Britt that Chris ultimately liked Kaitlyn more then her.  Both of her tantrums - or confrontations - with Chris involved Kaitlyn.  First her problem with him "validating" her behavior during the camping date, and then him giving her the group date rose after the Arlington field trip.  Both times Britt seemed very intimidated - seems to me like there was something about Kaitlyn that got to her.

As for Kaitlyn, I did not get the impression that she was that broken hearted... and I liked that she was the only woman who did not request to go and sit next to him.  I sensed that more then anything she wanted him to say sorry for not pulling her aside and instead making her stand through a rose ceremony, and once she basically got that, I think she felt better.  

Edited by sofiah
  • Love 9
(edited)

Still watching on the West Coast. Just had to pop into say that the Britt segment nearly caused me to pop a blood vessel. Wow, show, quit trying to shove her down my throat. Gah, she's so fake. Yes, Carly can be blunt -- or mean, if you prefer. But at least she is who she is, not a Little Miss Pretending to Be Perfect. Seriously, Britt, you have always been friends with every other woman you've ever met? Did you miraculously avoid middle school and high school?

Iowa looks just like where you grew up, huh? That would be DETROIT.

She came off like a little girl to me. And no way do I believe she would ever move to Arlington, no matter how much she tries to fake it.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 10

She's had a serious case of duck lips all season.  It's hard for me to look at her.

Must have been a different lipstick then, that brought it to my attention.  Or something.  I don't know why I hadn't noticed it as much before... duck lips typically bug me like crazy.  Now that I've noted them, I'll never be able to un-see them.

Must have been a different lipstick then, that brought it to my attention.  Or something.  I don't know why I hadn't noticed it as much before... duck lips typically bug me like crazy.  Now that I've noted them, I'll never be able to un-see them.

Well, I'm not saying she didn't have them "plumped" for the occasion. :-)

• Love 1

TPTB had a great time making fun of not-virgin Ashley for how "crazy" she was.  But, unless she's putting on an act that she thinks will "sell", I really believe that there is something wrong with Kelsey.

With the exception of a wee too much spray tan, Ashley I. actually came off quite level-headed.

I kind of don't care if Ashley S. is all an act or not. Seriously, if you're on The Bachelor, why not just throw caution to the wind and mess with people the whole time. The scene of her hacking the wood was hilarious.

• Love 7