Type keyword(s) to search

Dorinda Medley: Berkshires Chic

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

To put it in context, Dorinda clarified that he went to Ohio State for his undergrad, not Harvard. He later went to Yale for his graduate degree. Dorinda went to Franklin and Marshall College which is on-par tuition wise with Villanova where John and Mario went. Lots of people do state school for undergrad and private for graduate. At least I did. Get your first degree, get out and start earning a living and go back for your second degree at a better school now that you are more able to afford it (and likely have tuition assistance from your employer and access to executive programs).

I did the reverse, I went to private school for undergraduate and to a State School (highly ranked in my field) for graduate school.
I have a PhD that I worked really hard for, it didn’t come from Yale or Harvard but I am still excellent at what I do.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with going to a state school, getting an associate degree, or just having a school education or even a GED.

It is what you do with what you have been given (by God or by genetics) and how hard you work.

Just because I have a PhD doesn’t make me better than someone else, It was my path for my interests and skill set. I know a number of extremely successful people (one worth over $50M) who didn’t get an advanced education. Likewise, I know a heck of a lot of people with advanced degrees who are clueless idiots.

Just my little rant on “elite” college education - that I feel is too much of a status symbol. However, it you do go to Harvard or Yale, so, so many doors open for you based on that fact alone.

That being said, not all schools are created equal, and some are worlds better than others. I know I looked for the best ones when I applied.

Richard Medley accomplished a lot, however John has also - he just had a different path (and John does not always act appropriately around others). So Richard was more refined than John, but Dorinda is less refined than the raccoon that keeps showing up to eat all of our “feral” cats food on our deck.

• Love 20
(edited)

I just watched the Season 2 Episode 2 of Sex and the City.  I do see some similarities to Dorinda.  Not in appearance but personality.  The Susan Sharon character is a drugged up, drinking, tough broad, married to a nasty guy. It could be about Dorinda.  I’ve never read anything about her first husband or why they divorced.  I did find a picture of Ralph Lynch with her current wife.  The guy seems to have a type.

https://fairfieldcountylook.com/parties/bruce-museum-31st-annual-gala/#gallery/23e408796fdf3618cc59e8d40542db3a/67640

I was also curious about the cause of death of Richard Medley.  Yes, I have too much time on my hands these days.  Dorinda kept it private but it was Liver related.  Hmmm

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5

Didn’t Avery go to Nova?  

She transferred after her first year and graduated University of Virginia.

She transferred from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia.

Just because I have a PhD doesn’t make me better than someone else, It was my path for my interests and skill set. I know a number of extremely successful people (one worth over $50M) who didn’t get an advanced education.

Outliers always exist...

• Love 1

Shortly after a friend of mine got her MBA, she landed a plum job with a great company and a large salary.  I asked her if it was the MBA that did it, and she said "The MBA got me in the door, but I got the job."

I think that sentiment applies to college pedigrees as well.  Elite colleges open more doors, I'm sure, but they don't always get you in, and if they do, they don't help you stay.

IMO, it's all about the person and what they do with what they have.  And, for some who are born with special talents/attributes, (e.g. sales people, artists, business owners, etc.) a degree isn't needed at all.  These types are not the majority, but there are MANY.

• Love 5

I just looked at the AD article on Blue Stone Manor for the first time and I actually really like it a lot. She made some very bold choices, but that's what I like about it. It is different and unique. She wanted it to be a conversation starter e.g., I love it/I hate it. I am SICK TO DEATH of the modern farmhouse concept where everything is white and gray with interior (f*cking) barn doors and black windows that just look like dark rectangles of death with no character from the outside. I was happy to see lots of natural brown wood. No one appreciates heirloom wooden furniture anymore. The red bedroom was a little too much for my taste but it reminded me somewhat of George Vanderbilt's bedroom at Biltmore House. 

• Love 9

Wow, I just looked at the Architectural Digest article.   Its not to my taste, but she did a spectacular job I think.  Don't think Dorinda is short of cash.  I'm sure she got insurance money from the flood but insurance money wouldn't pay for all of this pricey work.   

• Love 7
On 5/23/2020 at 8:57 AM, Happy Camper said:

Maybe instead of renovating BSM, Dorinda should think about fixing herself, starting with her drinking.

Dorinda is seriously messed up.

• Love 9

Is her hair blonde or white? I just can't really tell. I think the eyebrows are confusing me but they don't always turn white or gray at the same rate as the hair on your head or I'd look like I had no eyebrows. And my hair is coming in a lovely white color all naturally (curse you Amazon).

On 5/29/2020 at 7:29 PM, Chicklet said:

She's totally unhinged.

What does "doesn't respect death" even mean?

Probably that she wasn't getting enough sympathy from Ramona that Richard passed away 9 years ago and therefore she is supposed to be absolved of all bad behavior.

• Love 11

I was watching last season this morning because I woke up with a headache and can’t watch more news.  In the first episode Barbara said:

“Do you know what Dorinda’s problem is?  She can’t look in the mirror and say, I’m wrong.  She always had an excuse for everything and she is her own worst enemy”.

Totally on point.  Everyone take care.

• Love 21
On 5/23/2020 at 9:57 AM, Happy Camper said:

Maybe instead of renovating BSM, Dorinda should think about fixing herself, starting with her drinking.

Good idea.  I just watched the Russian Bath episode and Dorinda is an old nasty miserable bitchy drunk.  She doesn’t take responsibility for bad behavior, and preys on the weak.  I still say John probably dumped HER and that was the final straw.  No one can get the best of her.  They are still kissing her ass and I can’t take it.  If a rich well known geezer came along, you would see her forget Richard in a heartbeat.  She’s mourning the life she had, and if anyone corners her, she starts crying and they all go to her rescue.

• Love 9

Random observation, but I wish Dorinda wouldn’t keep her hair cut so short the way she has this season; it ages her a good 5-10 years. If she just left it a little longer like she did in the earlier seasons, even kept it similar to Luanne’s far more flattering style/length, she’d look a bit fresher.

I feel her on the sentiment she made a few seasons ago about women “above a certain age” not having their hair hanging too long, but I miss her previous cute layered bobs.

On the flip side, I love Ramona’s hair length too. I cringed for her back when she was still desperately trying to rock those ridiculous long extensions, but this length really seems to work for her.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

That platinum blonde color is very harsh along with the heavy makeup. Dorinda needs to tone it down to like 5 or 6. Not doing herself any favors. 

Let's face it, her hair is the least of her issues. Her personality and verbal tirades are not doing her any favors either. If only it was just the hair.

• Love 15
18 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

That platinum blonde color is very harsh along with the heavy makeup. Dorinda needs to tone it down to like 5 or 6. Not doing herself any favors. 

I loved Dorinda's hair when it was this style.  I think right now, it's too short up top.  She doesn't have the face for it.  She needs soft hair.  I also think whomever is doing her hair now needs to add several Olaplex treatments to it.  It looks fried now.  png

• Love 13

So Dorinda has been posting Black Lives Matter related stuff on social media.  And while that's a great thing, I'm always so tempted to type:  remember when you handed your coat off to the one person you thought didn't belong?  But decided not to b/c that one interchange, even though on TV, was forgotten.  It was a mistake, a dumb one, likely with racial overtones -- she didn't think he belonged as a patron, so she assumed he worked there.  But I know in this cancel culture, a twitter post like that could really fuck with someone's livelihood if people suddenly think she's a racist.  

• Love 10

She is so full of shit. She has been dragging Tinsley on SM and in her recap videos this entire season, in real time and taking swipes at her relationship with Scott for no reason. She just doesn’t like that even a lot of her fans think she is being a nasty asshole for no reason.

• Love 19
(edited)
9 hours ago, Gigi G3 said:

“That was my journey”!!!??

Oh, please.

Anyone who uses that word I want to throat punch. 

Dorinda was loved (or think shew as) when she was taking on Sonja, Lu.  Trying to take Tins down is like kicking a puppy.  She miscalculated this one. 

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 14

I didn't love Dorinda when she took on Sonja or Luann. She was and is now a mean nasty vulgar drunk. No matter how she tries to play up being the grieving widow of Richrd Medley who was from all accounts educated, cultured and respected mover and shaker in the world of politics and finance she comes across as a jealous nut case when she ties one on. If she doesn't get help for her alcohol problem no one in their right mind will want to be around her. 

• Love 11
(edited)
54 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I didn't love Dorinda when she took on Sonja or Luann. She was and is now a mean nasty vulgar drunk. No matter how she tries to play up being the grieving widow of Richrd Medley who was from all accounts educated, cultured and respected mover and shaker in the world of politics and finance she comes across as a jealous nut case when she ties one on. If she doesn't get help for her alcohol problem no one in their right mind will want to be around her. 

But Dorinda thinks with her "clip clip clip" stuff is well loved by fans.  She thinks her tough guy act with the "make it nice" stuff makes her relatable. So she has amped up what she thinks people love.

This is where Beth went wrong in my mind.  She was snarky, a bit vulgar when the show was new.  Then when she became wealthy and came back, she amped up what people loved about her but did it to the point that to me, it was rarely funny or endearing.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 15

I like Ramona a ton this season. 

She seems to have toned things down a bit and I notice that while her delivery still stinks from time to time, it's getting better.  She's using language like "if it's ok with you, I'd like to ...", etc. which tells me she has put some work into how to speak to others.  

And, while she doesn't always see the error of her own ways, I feel her assessments of her castmates have been spot on.  She said she thinks Dorinda is jealous of Tinsley and I agree. I think there's more to it, but that's a big chunk of it, I think.

I also think Ramona is right to stick up for herself where the others don't always see it.  Her birthday party is one example.  I support her decision to keep it as her day to extend her appreciation to her friends. Sonja can have her own party.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

As I said before, I was waiting for someone to drag her on this!

As Dorinda has said many times, she is completely transparent and this is what she signed up for.

• Love 3

I just watched the episode with Dorinda and Carol in London and it was interesting:

(1) She made it sound like London was all about Richard like they were the ones that spent the time there -- not that she lived there with her ex.

(2) She said met John through Richard and that Richard loved John.

(3) When Carol was talking about how her husband had cancer when they married and talked about it draining through the end, Dorinda makes it sound like Richard's illness was a long one.  That his death was actually a relief b/c she finally slept.  I always thought Richard's illness was not a long, drawn out one.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

RHONY is on now, and a couple of episodes ago, Dorinda said that her daughter told her she "met John too soon after Richard's death."  

Interesting since the season Carol and Dorinda went to London, she said that she met John through Richard who loved John.

Makes me wonder if the truth is she met John after Richard's death and whether Richard and John ever were friends.  Maybe she introduced it that way to make John sound like he'd run in Richard's league.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

So when you watch RHONY when Dorinda joins, it's really interesting in retrospect.  For someone who talks about she's finally mourning Richard, my God she was mourning Richard her first season.  It never ends.  She def. was not as mean.  She was very relatable. 

The other thing that strikes me is that she came on in 2015, just five years ago.  She looks like she aged 15 years since that time.  She went from looking pretty youthful to looking like she could be a grandmother.  

There's an episode I think 2 season she was on, where she tells Luann she's been day drinking by herself. 

As we all know, she's got a real problem with alcohol.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/26/2020 at 1:16 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

"Blah blah 7-1/2 years blah blah blah 7-1/2 years..." 

psst! Dorinda!  You've got sumpn in yer teef der.

When I need a little entertainment in my day, I visit this post.  It is absolutely hysterical. Thanks so much SuprSuprElevated!  

...Dorinda used over 200 words to say what she could in 30....which is odd because her Twitter posts are about 1/2 the number of alloted characters.  Either way, in writing or in verbal form, Dorinda communicates about as well as a 5th grader - or a drunk person one or two drinks away from passing out.

Edited by Jextella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Jextella said:

When I need a little entertainment in my day, I visit this post.  It is absolutely hysterical. Thanks so much SuprSuprElevated!  

...Dorinda used over 200 words to say what she could in 30....which is odd because her Twitter posts are about 1/2 the number of alloted characters.  Either way, in writing or in verbal form, Dorinda communicates about as well as a 5th grader - or a drunk person one or two drinks away from passing out.

Haha!  Glad you enjoy it!

• Love 1

PSA: Dorinda is dead to me now. She posed with an upside down American flag over the 4th of July and I am not okay with that. I think she knew exactly what she was doing and I do not agree with what she did as a sign of protest. It was virtue signaling of the highest order. She should not have used the American flag to make a point.

• Love 11