Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 (Kaitlyn) Spoilers

• Start Topic

It always going to be Kaitlyn; they just did that Britt twist to suck people into watching.  It was obvious the way they edited them on the Bachelor.  In the first episodes Kaitlyn was this loud-mouth jokester narrator who got naked at the drop of a hat, then she became practically invisible and then the broken-hearted girl next door.  Britt at first was the beautiful free-spirt who had an instant connection with Chris, who then became a lying, unhygienic faker who ugly-cried her way out of a rose.  The way she came off made her unpopular in the end so I'm not sure why they thought she would be a bachelorette contender.  I think TPTB either really loved Britt or really hated her.

• Love 4

What the heck could Britt's 'role' on the show be now that the guys have voted? I understand that not every guy voted for Kaitlyn, so could it be that one or two guys who voted for Britt leave the show and the producers decide to 'follow' Britt's journey to find love with one of them? Does she date the ones who Kaitlyn doesn't pick? Is she Kaitlyn's advisor?

I must know this..I hate being patient :(

Y'know, I'm suspicious that all of this actually may have been producer machinations, but specifically to get us more excited about Kaitlin. Think about it: two weeks ago we were 'eh, Kaitlin, I guess (yawn)'. Now the internet is riled up with 'IT GODDAMN WELL BETTER BE KAITLIN, ASSHATS!!'

Trouble is, I don't think they're that smart. But if they were, this was downright brilliant.

LOL, that would perfectly describe me! I was in the "anyone but Britt" camp -- but even so, if it had been her, I'd be right there watching and wishing her the best. But when they pulled this "Let's stick Britt in there, too, at the last minute" crap, I felt incensed on Kaitlyn's behalf.

I am so glad I won't need to see Britt tossing her over-processed extensions about all season. I can't wait to see how the guys react and what they say (though of course the editing will make it appear really close and have the guys gush equally over both women.)

I hate the idea of Britt still being involved somehow. It's like the producers just can't quit Britt. Why? She can't appear as a friend giving Kaitlyn advice -- they're really not that close. Any separate dating stuff with Britt would take attention from Kaitlyn, and she's put up with enough of that crap already.

A boxing date? UGH, gag, one of my least favorite group dates, ever, plus -- injuries are no fun!

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 1

Lol! I'll go with Fluffer, though I'd rather they post her as the Iowa correspondent for Bachelor Nation, based out of that abandoned building or whatever the dude serves coffe out of in good old Farmlington

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 2

I think the reason the producers wanted Britt has nothing to do with looks and everything to do with the potential for drama. A Britt season has far more potential to be the Most. Shocking. Bachelorette. Ever. Had it not been for Kelsey and Britt, this season would have been a snooze fest. But the tide really turned against Britt, and they were left with a controversial b'ette that wasn't particularly well liked by BN.

Either the producers really, really hated Britt and just like fucking with her to get viewers to support Kaitlyn, or they did everything they could to get her in but couldn't find a way to get viewers and the guys to go for her.

Once they decided to do this stupid double girl thing, they could have made a compelling story from either option. So I'm just not buying that the men picking Kaitlyn could only be producer manipulation. I think it's more plausible that the men responded better to Kaitlyn because she's much lower maintenance and her "one of the boys" personality is more appealing.

In my opinion, both women are attractive and I'm kind of over the idea that Britt is just this walking male wet dream that there is just no way any male could have picked Kaitlyn over her.

To be honest, I figured that Britt would be the one that the majority picked...and am surprised that she wasn't. Even if guys hadn't seen the show and been turned off by Britt, they could have assumed that they were out of her league, or that she was high-maintenance, or that time-worn saying: No matter how hot she is, somewhere a guy is sick of her shit.

I'll admit it - I'd assumed that Britt would be bitchy when I first saw her, and was pleasantly surprised when she didn't bug me :) I don't know if men make those same knee-jerk assessments as women do, but if I were a guy, I'd find Kaitlyn more approachable. I hope more guys picked her because they genuinely wanted to, and not because of some weird producer-driven edict.

• Love 1

Either the producers really, really hated Britt and just like fucking with her to get viewers to support Kaitlyn, or they did everything they could to get her in but couldn't find a way to get viewers and the guys to go for her.

Viewers were the stumbling block, I'm sure.

Before the season RS said she was "extremely well liked" by the producers, which makes their 180 turn even harder to understand. (The not-showering nonsense was one conversation that easily could have been cut.) They trotted her out there to whip up the female fan-base in favor of Kaitlyn, who, on her own, was the weird, crass one. Next to Britt, however, she became "real," "low-maintenance," etc.

• Love 1

Well, you sort of have to appeal to what the majority of your viewers want.

I hear Britt's single and loves Jesus. Those so inclined have a real life opportunity with this rare prize of a woman. She won't set you back on your water bill, but her hair maintenance will be a bitch.

While Britt may be more physically attractive in most people's opinion, what else does she have to offer? I can see guys picking her, because they want to have sex with her, but chances of that happening on this show are slim unless you're the final pick.

Whereas based on Kaitlyn's behavior on the Bachelor it is guaranteed, whether you are her final pick or not.  Good point!

• Love 2

This is purely anecdotal (and ancient history, for that matter), but I was the "wingman" of a much more attractive friend back in the day.  And the thing is, guys were drawn to her looks like flies to honey, but when it came to actual interaction they preferred my company.  Why?  Well, I had two brothers and knew how to talk with guys about their interests (which were mine, too!), but also because I wasn't nearly as arrogant or high maintenance as she was.  And rude; she'd only consider the most physically attractive guys worth her attention. She would opine that she didn't understand why I was asked out on dates and she wasn't. Her attitude was insulting, certainly (she was so pretty and I was... passably attractive?).  But she never really got it, that pretty is as pretty does.

Sorry for the personal foray, here, but there is a reason.  I learned way back when that while guys liked the pretty, they also liked feeling like THEY are the thing.  There's something to be said for being less arrogant and more relatable as a woman. (And said friend had the gall to tell me I was "settling" for Mr. Burg.  Whatever, hon.  There's a reason we're celebrating our 16th anniversary and she is still unmarried.)

I'm actually looking forward to the first episode.  And can I say?  I don't think the producers forced anything with the guys -- honestly, what do they care??

• Love 9

Another reason Britt was no shoo-in at all.

Beauty really IS in the eye of the beholder, and people will notice when a lot of makeup is needed and sometimes what that means may be a prime focus and interest of the gal (and may indicate some insecurity, especially if she wears it to bed each night).

Eyes are important to many ("The eyes have it.") and if that's so, Kaitlin's are much more interesting.  If a guy doesn't like big teeth neither bachelorette may have been a huge draw.

But the reason I think that Britt was not a likely winner that night is that she had only one chance to engage and interest 25 men, and that means she'd have to act the same with every one of them AND that they'd all see how she was acting with the other men.  Imagine her acting -that- interested in everything each guy said.  What we've seen of her has been over-the-top reactions to anything Chris S. might like or want.  She seems to be 'On' all the time (and some think she is always just naturally acting).

With The Bachelor, she honed in on one guy and he could believe that he was "the one" that enthralled her (with that heavy wide-eyed gazing into his eyes that she does).

Imagine the guys talking with her and getting that treatment and maybe liking it and then seeing that sort of 'overdone' approach applied to all the other guys.  I can't imagine how many hair flips would be involved.  
 They then see this activity from the viewpoint of someone who might not like equal overdone interest in so many other guys.

Kaitlin is more natural and understated.  If she acted the same way that she usually does, with all the guys, that night, her approach would not tend to particularly worry any individual guy.  

Edited by pitchy
  • Love 2

Eyes are important to many ("The eyes have it.")

I think the correct spelling is "ayes," as in "The yeses have it," meaning the yes votes outweigh the no votes when people used to vote aye or nay. But, point taken.

I really don't see the other men watching Britt act the same enthralled way with the other men as she did with them. They'll more likely being downing the drinks, talking with their bros and thinking about how hot Britt found HIM so attractive, never mind any of the other guys. Britt does have a way of making each guy she's with feel special. At least that's my take on her from TB, and Chris Soules fell for it pretty good for a few weeks.

Who knows what her conversational skills are, if she can "guy talk" as well as Kaitlyn. TPTB never let us see any of that. We didn't see her strip bare assed in public nor tell any crass in-poor-taste jokes however, so there's that in her favor.

Did Kaitlyn not "win" the battle of the Bachelorettes? A lot of Britt bashing here, considering we will probably see maybe 10 minutes more of her at most ever again. Not that I don't thoroughly enjoy any and all B'ette bashing.

• Love 1

Katilyn being a fake bitch doesn't make Britt any less of a fake bitch.     This show is fake, it's all about who can maneuver the fake the best.    Kaitlyn is a better faker.   Britt is just a bad, bad actress. 

• Love 4

I have seen nothing during the entirety of Chris's season that would make me call either Kaitlyn or Britt "a bitch." They're just people taking advantage of their Andy Warhol 15 minutes on a reality show. Nothing more. I'd do the same if given the chance.

• Love 4

Yeah, they both actually seem like nice girls. Britt came off as trying too hard to be every guys fantasy while Kaitlyn came off, at least in the beginning, as trying too hard to be the girl who can hang with the boys. I actually like them both but wouldn't have wanted to see Britt as Bachelorette. Britt could make Chris feel special because she had to, she was basically pursuing him. IDK how she would be if she had a bunch of guys actively competing for her, but I'm pretty sure we'd see a very different Britt. Not that that would be a bad thing, but IDK, I just don't see her being as likable once she's the prize. I just think Kaitlyn will be better able to pull off still being likable while being the prize, partly because she doesn't seem as desperate to be adored. I think she just wants to have a good time and if she meets a guy, great, if not, at least she tried. That would be very refreshing to me.

• Love 2

Did Kaitlyn not "win" the battle of the Bachelorettes? A lot of Britt bashing here, considering we will probably see maybe 10 minutes more of her at most ever again. Not that I don't thoroughly enjoy any and all B'ette bashing.

It's in response to the theory here that Kaitlin 'won' only because the producers fixed it and that this was the only way that could have happened.   

It's in response to the theory here that Kaitlin 'won' only because the producers fixed it and that this was the only way that could have happened.

Ah. I though we were moving on to bashing the Bachette herself on her own merits vs bashing the loser. In a fun way.

We have some good Reality Steve gossip today! Seriously, this is making me happy and very much looking forward to the upcoming season.

Note that I did not say "Kaitlyn's season." Yes, she's the B'ette and it's her season. But the gossip from Steve, with photos and tweets, etc. to back it up, is that one guy eliminated himself at Kaitlyn's first rose ceremony because he wanted to date Britt. And he and Britt are dating! They were at a Trader Joe's together. This is supposed to be "private" dating, but apparently they've had a film crew with them at least once. No word on what TPTB are going to do with this in terms of the show, but I think it's cool and it makes me happy.

Also, the Kaitlyn-has-a-boyfriend rumors are unfounded. The more accurate characterization is Kaitlyn-had-a-hook-up or Kaitlyn-had-a-date. Nothing serious, nothing to see here.

And that's the word from RS today.

• Love 3

I'm also really interested in the Britt info, much more than the Kaitlyn info.  Kinda cool that Britt's new squeeze is a Christian singer/songwriter. Plus, I think he's absolutely adorable.  Go Britt!

• Love 2

Yeay for Britt. That would be cool if Britt got eliminated, then the one guy bailed to start dating her and they are now a solid couple. Even better, and worth a few laughs, is if Kaitlyn and her F1 fail and Britt gets engaged ... off camera and without Neil Lane!

Anyway, that's my wish for this season. Even better: ABC televises Britt's wedding! Or, a double wedding with Chris/Whitney Soules!

Hey, a girl can imagine and dream, right?

• Love 3

Yeay for Britt. That would be cool if Britt got eliminated, then the one guy bailed to start dating her and they are now a solid couple. Even better, and worth a few laughs, is if Kaitlyn and her F1 fail and Britt gets engaged ... off camera and without Neil Lane!

Anyway, that's my wish for this season. Even better: ABC televises Britt's wedding! Or, a double wedding with Chris/Whitney Soules!

Hey, a girl can imagine and dream, right?

No way! I Des didn't get her TV wedding then no one can! ;)

But yeah, it would be funny if that were the case after all the OTT hate Britt got and still gets.

• Love 1

Hopefully this will end all the pearl-clutching, shrieking and rending of garments that accompanied the announcement of Both Kaitlyn and Britt being involved in this season. 

This could possibly have been set up even before the first night.  Maybe in one of the last interviews, Brady said "Ya know, I'd really prefer Britt".  Producers think "Ok, we can let him exit the limo & mingle.  Then ask to leave and date Britt.  That leaves 24 guys for Kaitlyn and the show goes on as usual."  

• Love 2

OH NOES!!!!

What if Britt shows up at ATFR with a ring and Kaitlyn doesn't?

We're likely to get super-sad duck-lips!

Seriously, though, this season is shaping up to have a lot of delicious train wreck potential.  Well played, Fleiss.  Well played.

• Love 5

I actually think Britt is getting the better end of the deal.  She gets a guy that's been vetted by ABC regarding background, finances, health, etc. and was determined to be worthwhile enough to be part of the show.  Most single women don't have the resources to investigate a guy so thoroughly before dating him.  So I can't imagine he has any skeletons in his closet that would throw up red flags for Britt down the road.   

Plus, if it doesn't work out for her, I'd bet Chris Harrison would steer her towards any of the other guys that might suit her. 

• Love 5

Brady sure is hot! I'm hoping we get updates on his blossoming relationship with Britt. You know, I can see the show being as calculated as playing matchmaker for Britt without ever really considering her for bachelorette. She was trotted out like Kaitlyn's runner-up, but I'm glad that it seems to have worked out for her! Thank goodness they're not making her date Kaitlyn's rejects. That would have been despicable, even for this show.

I actually think Britt is getting the better end of the deal. She gets a guy that's been vetted by ABC regarding background, finances, health, etc. and was determined to be worthwhile enough to be part of the show. Most single women don't have the resources to investigate a guy so thoroughly before dating him.

As far as the ABC vetting process goes, anyway - he could still talk to pomegranates or be irrationally enthusiastic about his first wife's death.

Do they really check finances? I'm intrigued. Like, they need to have a certain amount of money or a steady job to be considered? Given the number of 'dogwalkers' and 'Hollywood waitresses' we've seen in past seasons, I find that a little hard to believe.

• Love 7

I don't think any potential contestant has to make a certain amount of money, but I do believe they check for things like bankruptcies, defaults, judgments, etc.  Just based on what previous contestants have said, the background stuff is pretty comprehensive.    

I actually think Britt is getting the better end of the deal.  She gets a guy that's been vetted by ABC regarding background, finances, health, etc. and was determined to be worthwhile enough to be part of the show.  Most single women don't have the resources to investigate a guy so thoroughly before dating him.  So I can't imagine he has any skeletons in his closet that would throw up red flags for Britt down the road.

I think the vetting makes sure that abc, rather than TB/TB'ette, isn't blindsided by anything in the contestants' pasts. Look at the Jade thing this past season. Not only did they know about her "wild mustang" past, they made sure she withheld it until hometown dates. Plus there have been many "wrong reasons" contestants over the years. The vast majority are skeleton-free, but it's not 100%.

• Love 2

I agree that TPTB likely know the contestant's secrets (to be revealed at the appropriate moment), but how much of that translated into Britt's knowledge when she left with him after the first rose ceremony?

Now I'm envisioning some squeaky-voiced intern shouting "by the way, his parents died when he was young, he didn't finish college, and he's really a lifeguard, not a Wall Street executive - we were planning to tell you in Episode 6!" as their limo drives off into the night.

• Love 2

I was under the impression no one knew about Jade's photos. Perhaps the small "b"s are not as deeply investigated as the big"B"s are. I sort of think (no reason, just conspiracy theories dancing in my head) that Arie was a sub in case more stuff came out about Chris's party days before the show started, and maybe even the whole Kaitlyn Britt thing was caused by the time it took producers to thoroughly vet them (and since early on it seemed Britt was a shoo in for B'ette, perhaps they had already done her) to prevent any surprises--there isn't much out there about where she taught dancing, for example. And those pesky skeletons always seem to get uncovered, so best to get ahead of them.

But Brady was already in the public eye as a singer so any skeletons there might have already surfaced for the producers before he and Britt became an item.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh

I vaguely recall - and would otherwise bet a dozen fake roses - that big B or little b cast members fill out forms where they're asked to disclose arrests, lawsuits, nude pictures, etc. and that failure to disclose is threatened with a lawsuit. Fleiss & Co. want to know which cards might be in their hand to play.

I vaguely recall - and would otherwise bet a dozen fake roses - that big B or little b cast members fill out forms where they're asked to disclose arrests, lawsuits, nude pictures, etc. and that failure to disclose is threatened with a lawsuit. Fleiss & Co. want to know which cards might be in their hand to play.

I'd bet they do an "official" background check, plus a good ol' Google search (which have turned up Jade's wild mustangs). Their mantra must be "no surprises."

P.S. I like the big B vs. little b thing!

New RS gossip - with pictures!

Nick Viall showed up for one of the group dates in NYC, where he does not live, and ended up going off with Kaitlyn and making out. Yes, making out. It doesn't appear that any of the guys on the date saw him. This was the filming of episode 4.

It's not clear where it went from there, but really - making out?

No way I'm missing this season.

• Love 2

Some Nick fans at the BachandBachette board had been speculating in the last week or two that something could have been going on with him and Kaitlyn based on some flirty exchanges between them on social media even before filming for The Bachelorette started. Some were even convinced that one or two of Nick's tweets alluded to his hoping Kaitlyn wouldn't be picked as the Bachelorette, presumably I guess to pursue her. 

From what I gathered reading over there (because I refuse to go to RS's site), there is no confirmation that he's fully on the show or competing for her. And based on the pictures, it looks like he, Sharleen and Ashley I may have all just been present at one of the dates for the season (which, talk about a random group of people) and that's when the make out or whatever happened. 

A few things, it's funny about this rumor because some were certain when Nick and Sharleen posted pictures hanging out together in NY some weeks ago, that he was there to hook up with Andi because that was right after the story of them in Chicago and right after Andi announced her move to NY.

Also, Nick was photographed only a week or so ago in Chicago by a fan of the show who took a picture with him at a restaurant. So if nothing else he was definitely in Chicago just a week ago which would make it unlikely that he's filming the show or that he was then. He's also still active on social media as of yesterday from what I understand.

Either way, if there is indeed some makeout (because the pictures don't actually show that unless I missed it so it could just be RS getting wrong but certainly salacious gossip) and not just these random three people from other seasons showed up to support or whatever, then it makes both Nick and Kaitlyn look pretty bad imo.

Especially her, who has guys competing for her and she goes off to mack on someone else. And I'd guess she had to have been in some communication with him prior because I just can't imagine she'd be that into him almost instantaneously to go off and make out with him while filming for the show and selling the idea of trying to find her husband among the group of guys there. Which again, I guess aligns with those social media exchanges some thought were pretty flirty between them. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

She gets a guy that's been vetted by ABC regarding background, finances, health, etc. and was determined to be worthwhile enough to be part of the show.

"Determined to be worthwhile enough to be part of the show" is the very definition of damning with faint praise. After all, so were Juan Pablo, Jake Pavelka, Ed Swiderski, Man Code Dave, Foot Fetish Tanner, Ben Flux Capacitor and of course Prince Farming himself. Feel free to add in any of the other beauts this franchise saw fit to put on the show. You know you want to.

The only upside for Bert is that she didn't have to wade through 24 other guys. But I imagine the missed screen time kind of kills that as a positive.

• Love 3

I am less-than-enthused by the possibility of Nick again on my screen.  I couldn't stand him on Andi's season and still can't.  I think he's surpassing the Chris Bukowski levels of fame-whoring within this franchise.  

The producers are certainly kicking things up a notch for this season in bringing in unexpected elements.  

• Love 1

There was definitely something going on between Nick and Kaitlyn before before the filming started, but I don't think it makes them look bad. I doubt they've met in person before, and it's not like it would be the first time an ex-contestant comes on the show asking for a chance, some even based on a prior meeting. It might be the first time it's not one-sided though. But if he comes on and competes with the rest, then what's the problem? It's not like many of the guys on this show are actually wishing to marry Kaitlyn. They're there to get their face on TV and maybe get a chance at being the next Bachelor. If Nick is there because he really wants Kaitlyn and she likes him back then great! Maybe we'll get a happy ending (no pun intended) for a change.

Britt's dating a guy on the show too, so she didn't miss out on "love" either.

• Love 2

Haaaaaaaaaa! I wonder what Kaitlyn fans will say when they find out about this. I was pretty meh about her but that is so shady and low. If you are the B'ette and have all these other guys there for you why would you do that? Gross! She is just as fake and a famewhore as everyone was saying Britt was. Hilarious!

• Love 5