Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 (Kaitlyn) Spoilers

• Start Topic

It's Kaitlyn.

(SPOILER EXCLUSIVE)...Kaitlyn is the "Bachelorette," BUT, Britt still has a role on the show. I don't know what it is or how long it'll last

The producers chose Kaitlyn  and told the guys to vote that way. Someone please to try to disagree with that explanation.

• Love 2

It's Kaitlyn.

The producers chose Kaitlyn  and told the guys to vote that way. Someone please to try to disagree with that explanation.

Plausible alternative hypothesis ... hmmm... Britt got weepy about something and it freaked the guys out?

That's all I got.

Or the guys simply watched Chris's season and figured they don't want to deal with Britt either? They can't all be stupid. I think it's obvious that the producers wanted Britt, since they're still not willing to let her go. (Did she sleep with one of them or something?) Wonder how they're planning to incorporate her.

• Love 10

I bet Kaitlyn loooves that idea....

I was on team Britt but I still feel bad (well, as bad as I could considering it's an alternate-reality show) that Kaitlyn can't just have the spotlight role. I wonder what is really going on with this.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 1

I'm hoping it's a sort of "play back in" situation where the guys that Kaitlyn rejects can then interact with Britt somehow. Kind of like a behind-the-scenes Bachelor Pad. Or something. Ideally this will be an online segment like Top Chef's Last Chance Kitchen, etc.

I'm relieved, as I really didn't like Britt and didn't want to watch her as lead.

• Love 3
The producers chose Kaitlyn  and told the guys to vote that way. Someone please to try to disagree with that explanation.

Okay, I'll bite. It's not so much they told the guys to vote that way but rather if you believe the rumors and word from some of the women on the show who were close to Kaitlyn, that she was offered the role weeks ago, chances are the guys were cast with her in mind. In other words, many of the guys may have come in that night dead set on Kaitlyn being the one and wanting to "win her heart", not being aware of the twist.

And also because of this, that she'd been chosen weeks before, production likely cast people who expressed finding her attractive and appealing. Again, if we believe the gossip and rumors, the Britt curveball was thrown only a few days before the live announcement which was just this past Monday. No way they hadn't already cast the guys by then. 

If the rumor turns out to be accurate and it is Kaitlyn then I guess Britt was the one used - in that the show clearly had already decided on Katilyn since they'd asked her weeks before and used the Britt stuff as a ploy to get buzz for the season. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

I'll bet it was the not-showering. I'd wager the guys who are shallow enough to be swayed by her beauty are the same guys who are themselves vain, mirror-loving metrosexuals. If they're going to spend an hour in the bathroom getting ready for a date, they expect the same standards from the lead.

• Love 1

I don't believe that more than half the guys went on the show specifically wanting Kaitlyn.  And I definitely don't believe that the men were cast with Kaitlyn's likes and dislikes in mind. 

I think they found 10 guys that would be good TV, 10 guys for the middle-of-the-road and 5 guys that would be acceptable in a douchebag/villain/drunk weirdo role.  And then cast them for whomever they officially declared as The Bachelorette. 

• Love 1

It's Kaitlyn.

Hell no. 

Edited by wings707

Not a surprise to me. All the contestants were able to watch all of the Bachelor-they did not have only their first show's taping to base their decision on. They and the producers will have more fun with Kaitlyn, who is not shy in saying or doing anything.

Wish we could get over the not-showering nonissue. Do people really believe that?

(edited)

I really hope that Kaitlyn is as entertaining, humorous and all-out freakin' fabulous as so many people seem to believe she'll be. 

And I do say that with all seriousness, though I still have my doubts with her as lead. But as I do truly enjoy most seeing the parade of hotties & notties, I also hope she gives them all a good ride.  Party on, KB!

Edited by leighdear

While Britt may be more physically attractive in most people's opinion, what else does she have to offer? I can see guys picking her, because they want to have sex with her, but chances of that happening on this show are slim unless you're the final pick. And who in their right mind would want to get engaged to Britt? Not only would they have to deal with her post show, they'd miss out on being the next lead. No way would the sex be worth that. At least Kaitlyn is more real and fun to hang with while waiting for that Bachelor gig or simply trying to get maximum amount of airtime. So really there's no reason for anyone to choose Britt. 

• Love 5

It's Kaitlyn.

Maybe they saw the season, thought Britt was really annoying.

Seems to be a pretty common opinion.

• Love 6

Oh thank goodness it's Kaitlyn. She probably had a few drinks and jumped in the pool with her top off or something during the cocktail party while Britt sat on the porch flipping her hair and reapplying her lipstick.  Plus Kaitlyn swears and probably talked about how important it is for her to test drive her guys in the Fantasy Suite, on purpose, while Britt gave out hugs. 

I wanted Kaitlyn to begin with, so this news makes me happy.

Just a brief reminder, not that anyone has done this yet, but let's keep this information as a spoiler unless and until the producers actually announce it publicly.  No mention of it on other threads yet, ok?  

• Love 2

Y'know, I'm suspicious that all of this actually may have been producer machinations, but specifically to get us more excited about Kaitlin. Think about it: two weeks ago we were 'eh, Kaitlin, I guess (yawn)'. Now the internet is riled up with 'IT GODDAMN WELL BETTER BE KAITLIN, ASSHATS!!'

Trouble is, I don't think they're that smart. But if they were, this was downright brilliant.

• Love 5

There was some b-ette group date on a previous year that involved boxing or karate or cage fighting or something. I remember one guy got sorta hurt kinda bad. We all thought it was a terrible idea then.

Maybe it's Kaitlyn doing the boxing?

Bugs, I feel your pain.

Edited by saber5055

There was some b-ette group date on a previous year that involved boxing or karate or cage fighting or something. I remember one guy got sorta hurt kinda bad. We all thought it was a terrible idea then.

It was on Ashley's season, and the date was Muay Thai kickboxing in Thailand. IIRC, it was poor Ames who got hurt (he was so refined and intellectual, I don't think he'd thrown a punch in his entire life until then). It was a terrible idea for a date and I hate that they're bringing it back.

It's Kaitlyn.

Still has a role on the show?  Probably just stand there and whip around her hair so they can subtitle it "Fifty shades of Britt."  Her hair has about 50 shades in it, no?

It's Kaitlyn.

I saw an E! online  poll, 25 guys asked to choose between the 2 and Kaitlyn won. Just based on Britt's behavior from Chris's season. So I can easily see the guys choosing Kaitlyn on their own. 

If ABC was going to force a bachelorette on the guys, it would have been Britt they've been forcing on us all this past season.

• Love 2

My money is on Britt being Kaitlyn's "advisor" at least once during the season.  Since Britt got to meet all the guys as well, she can claim to know them and get a feel of who's there "for the right reasons."

I hope not. Britt and Kaitlyn weren't even friends on The Bachelor.

• Love 1

I saw an E! online  poll, 25 guys asked to choose between the 2 and Kaitlyn won. Just based on Britt's behavior from Chris's season. So I can easily see the guys choosing Kaitlyn on their own. 

That poll sounded highly bogus. Would they have bothered reporting that a bunch of guys chose Britt?

It's like when John Stossel investigates some mechanic to see if he's gouging customers. Would Stossel go on air and report, "Nope, it turns out the guy is fair and honest"? It's a non-story.

• Love 2

So because the guys chose Kaitlyn, it had to have been bogus? I'm sorry, Britt is cute, but girl is no Angelina Jolie or Jessica Alba gorgeous in my opinion, that the idea that some guys wouldn't slobber over her, is damn near impossible. According to E! Online, they polled 25 guys by only showing them pictures of Kaitlyn and Britt. Supposedly they don't watch the show and only saw the two pictures that had Kaitlyn and Britt dressed very similar in jeans and a tank top.

I saw the article and comments were actually pretty interesting. I'm actually kind of over this whole Britt vs. Kaitlyn thing and resent the show even more for causing it with this stupid two Bachelorettes nonsense. In my opinion, both women are attractive and I'm kind of over the idea that Britt is just this walking male wet dream that there is just no way any male could have picked Kaitlyn over her. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 14
(edited)

As truth says above, In that poll, they showed the men photographs of the 2 girls to base their opinions on.  Not video of the season, so unless they were already viewers, they had no information on the girls behavior.  They didn't show them Kaitlyn's tattoos or Britts crying.  And they were random men, not just single guys in the 25-35 age range.  It was completely unscientific and based on looks alone. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

That poll sounded highly bogus. Would they have bothered reporting that a bunch of guys chose Britt?

It's like when John Stossel investigates some mechanic to see if he's gouging customers. Would Stossel go on air and report, "Nope, it turns out the guy is fair and honest"? It's a non-story.

I don't see why they wouldn't.  '25 males prefer this attractive female' vs. '25 males prefer this attractive female'...  it's not like they were juxtaposing their results with a spoiler of who was actually chosen.  It was a complete non-story either way.  

As truth says above, In that poll, they showed the men photographs of the 2 girls to base their opinions on. Not video of the season, so unless they were already viewers, they had no information on the girls behavior. They didn't show them Kaitlyn's tattoos or Britts crying. And they were random men, not just single guys in the 25-35 age range. It was completely unscientific and based on looks alone.

Kaitlyn has bigger boobs. Maybe that was a factor ? Also some (insecure) men will not approach a very attractive female for fear if rejection.

Or maybe they just thought she looked like a high maintenance cabbage patch? Eh, either was Fleiss, you lose. Wouldn't it be a hoot if Britt was a corespondent stationed in Farmlinton, since she loves it so much?

Think about it: two weeks ago we were 'eh, Kaitlin, I guess (yawn)'. Now the internet is riled up with 'IT GODDAMN WELL BETTER BE KAITLIN, ASSHATS!!'

Trouble is, I don't think they're that smart. But if they were, this was downright brilliant.

Oh, I absolutely believe TPTB did all of this just to keep things "interesting." The franchise is old and tired, and whatever they can do to generate pages of debate is all worth it. I assume the producers don't benefit directly/literally from PreviouslyTV boards, but it's still in the show's best interest that lots of folks on this site alone have been hashing out this tidbit for a week now.

• Love 1

>> While Britt may be more physically attractive in most people's opinion, what else does she have to offer?

These are guys. Assuming most of them are straight, what else does she need to offer?  

Just my opinion. :-)  

• Love 3

Most guys really aren't married to girls who look like Britt, and the reasonable ones would run a crooked mile to get away from her drama and "settle" for a plainer woman who is less immature and dramatic?

I am not surprise to hear that Kaitlyn was chosen as the next Bachelorette, because I believe most of these guys are auditioning to be the next Bachelor, rather than finding love.  In that case, common sense dictates that they’d chose the one who seems less confident and secure, because she would be easier to manipulate.  According to a blogger for the Daily Beast, that would be the “forgettable, cross-eyed Canadian with bad teeth and prison tats.”

• Love 2

Putting conspiracy theories of a collaborated effort by the producers to humiliate Britt because she's so beautiful aside for a second, I think Kaitlyn won out because I imagine on the first night, she made herself far more available, more personable, and flat out more interesting to the men. Something I just don't think Britt is capable of doing.

Any other season Britt could have just hung back and let herself be the object of desire. But this year there was a choice, and if nothing else, Kaitlyn's just one of the guys approach does make her likeable to the guys. Britt might weaken men's knees, but Kaitlyn's approach makes them feel like it's not just a one way street. Even the most shallow, meat-headed, thinks with the little brain, douchebag wants a little something coming their way as well.

And while Britt is evidently so beautiful that she lures sailors to their death, it is not as if Kaitlyn is some snake-haired monster. She is very attractive. Not to mention, of the two, I would say Kaitlyn is more likely to be a demon in the sack, much more than Little Miss Hugs-Too-Long. And let's not forget, these guys were not just popped out of their hermetically sealed packages. They clearly saw and heard some things beforehand. And I'm sure a few thought the same thing I did about Britt: beautiful, but clearly a piece of work, and no doubt an absolute chore to have to deal with.

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 8
And while Britt is evidently so beautiful that she lures sailors to their death, it is not as if Kaitlyn is not some snake-haired monster.

Judging by some descriptions of Kaitlyn, apparently she is. Yeah I'm out. I'll check out the spoilers for the season at that other site, because I can't stand reading RS and his bullshit and may check it out during the summer but I'm over the knocking one woman down to prop the other. I'm sure Fleiss is thrilled though. And that's exactly what Sharleen and some others felt was sexist about the decision and what they were upset about.

I remember when after Andi's season, the rumor was that the producers were torn between Chris and Arie, and while I'm sure Arie's fangirls were going on about how gorgeous he is as they always do, most of the discussion I saw was that Chris didn't have the personality to carry the show, he might be too boring but at the same time some felt that they didn't buy Arie's genuinely looking for a wife, etc. There was very little in my opinion, solely about their looks. But that's basically all it seems Kaitlyn and Britt have been reduced to and according to some, apparently Britt is the walking male wet dream while Kaitlyn is just absolutely hideous. 

• Love 4

>> While Britt may be more physically attractive in most people's opinion, what else does she have to offer?

These are guys. Assuming most of them are straight, what else does she need to offer?  

Just my opinion. :-)  

Well I prefer to think that not all men are complete morons. And as pointed out by many, it's not like Kaitlyn is ugly. I think she's very pretty. Add to that her sense of humour and easygoing nature even Jimmy Kimmel was impressed with and you've got a pretty nice option right there.

Britt on the other hand posts bible quotes, said she hasn't had a boyfriend for 3 years and didn't even have sex with the last one, was overly emotional all the time (men HATE that!) and was involved in some high schoolish drama with Carly, which continued several months after the fact. Red flags all over the place!

• Love 4

And while Britt is evidently so beautiful that she lures sailors to their death, it is not as if Kaitlyn is not some snake-haired monster.

I just realized that in my original post (now fixed) I made this typo, which makes it seem as if I DO believe Kaitlyn is a snake haired monster (and yes, I meant Medusa, to go along with my description of Britt as one of the sirens).

So there is no confusion, I do think Kaitlyn is attractive.

And also just to be sure, though I do think she is beautiful (and I would rank her ahead of Kaitlyn on looks alone), my comparing Britt to a mythical siren was facetious. The idea that Britt is SO beautiful that no other woman will do is silly. She is beautiful, but give me a break already with all the bowing down before her. Mind you, I don't say that as a knock to anyone in particular. If that is someone's personal belief, then by all means, worship her to your hearts content. I just mean the idea in general. The idea that TPTB are apparently still riding.

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 3

The hottest strippers usually don't make as much money  as the plain ones.   Men just flock to a plain girl who is easy to talk to.    They may talk shit about what they'd do to the hot one, but at the end of the day, hot girl usually has to gather a duff and hunt guys down, while plain Jane just cruises and rarely sits home on a Friday or Saturday night.  

Kaitlyn's not plain, and not beautiful, but she has a quirky attractiveness.   I think she'll be able to bring some energy and keep the narrative moving. 

• Love 1
Wait, so they picked the one who drops trou and has a field they can plow? Crazy! (ETA: Kaitlyn, can write a rap song rhyming trou and plow! America's sweetheart!)

Oh man, that's TWICE today, MakeMeLaugh. Thanks!

I had forgotten that it was Kaitlyn who told Chris he "could plow her field" and tried to make the inappropriate joke during the opening speech. I wanted her to be eliminated that night. 

As time went on, and maybe because she was more comfortable with Chris and in front of the cameras, I thought Kaitlyn became much more likeable.  I think she handled herself better the further she got into the competition.

I thought it was funny when she did the "Kaitlyn heart Chris" billboard because it reminds me of Arrested Development when Michael's family had the "Family love Michael" banner. I think I may be giving her too much credit and it wasn't an Arrested Development reference. I hope they'll focus on her dancing instead of hip hop career. Unless, it is done in an ultra cheesy way or someone on par to Boys II Men comes on.

It's interesting that the two women who had the most memorable entrances were in the running for bachelorette. Also, interesting is that the only one Britt really tried to undercut in the competition was Kaitlyn. It may have been because she viewed her as competition or because they were such opposites that she didn't "get" Kaitlyn.  

I'm not a fan of the boxing-type of dates.  I thought it was awful when Ames got a concussion.  I would take the bachelor talent show or a Costco-type date over combat. 

• Love 2