Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 (Kaitlyn) Spoilers

• Start Topic

This is why I can't stand RS and his smug, douchiness. In relation to the pictures of Kaitlyn above clearly in Bachelorette mode,  I don't get his snark about her not knowing and yet there are these pictures. Obviously douchebag until the official announcement she's not allowed to talk about or admit she's the next Bachelorette. So of course she'll play coy or say she doesn't know.

Not to mention that sometimes TPTB do photoshoots and film intro packages with more than one person, like they apparently did before this season with Chris and Arie.

• Love 1

Can they break with Bachelor tradition and just do all the filming in Canada?    Tired of the same old, same old in California.

I'll take Kaitlyn and her resting duck face all day, every day over Britt and her horrible acting,  

• Love 5

I don't put a whole lot of stock in RS's Bachelorette "spoils" or predictions.  I believe TPTB cast every season with 3 or 4 potential candidates, and make their decision at the latest possible moment, based on a whole lot of factors.

And, when it comes to Bachelorette seasons, I don't think they worry about casting male contestants based upon the female Lead.  On the contrary, having guys who seem to enjoy hanging out with each other more than they do with the Star tends to create the most drama on B'ette seasons.

That being said, Kaitlyn certainly looks like she's been made up/over.  I just don't feel like they positioned her tonight in a way that sets her up for next season.  But, who knows?

I don't think they have many alternative, because I sort of think that this season the crazy-train got away from them and steamrolled any sort of narrative they might've tried to edit in.

I just don't feel like they positioned her tonight in a way that sets her up for next season.

I thought she'd be Bachelorette by default (Britt's too much of a drama queen, everyone can google pictures of Jade's vagina, Carly is too insecure and a mean girl), but the fact that TPTB showed the "you can plow the fuck out of my field" line again makes me wonder. ABC/Fleiss have a huge Madonna/whore complex when it comes their Bachelorettes; if they had chosen Kaitlyn, I would think they'd be trying to sweep the less polished aspects of her behavior under the rug.

if they had chosen Kaitlyn, I would think they'd be trying to sweep the less polished aspects of her behavior under the rug.

I'm sure they'd like to, but that's all the material they have. The classic "heartbroken, ready for a second chance at love" storyline will be hard to present when we never saw her that way. Humiliated and blindsided, sure, but not heartbroken. They have no choice but to sell her as an untraditional, unpolished straight shooter.

What was up with her lips, btw? She managed to do the duck face while speaking.

I felt vindicated last night to see that TPTB didn't much care for Carly and never gave her Bachelorette consideration. They portrayed her as nothing but an insecure trash-talker. The only time we saw her talking to Chris was her complaining about Britt during the hockey date. If you'd never seen anything this season but TWTA, you might have thought she was Chris's sister, planted undercover as a mole.

• Love 1
(edited)
The classic "heartbroken, ready for a second chance at love" storyline will be hard to present when we never saw her that way.

It may have been hard but they still tried which is exactly what makes me think she will be the Bachelorette. Yes Britt got a lot of screentime but it wasn't exactly the most endearing of footage. She was being overly dramatic and over the top with the boo-hooing, multiple women, not just Carly were still calling her out, Jillian was defending her looking like she was about to body-slam Carly, it was a lot of dramatic yelling, teeth gnashing, hair flipping, etc. 

Kaitlyn got the quiet, sympathetic, "you had your guard up, you had your walls up but you allowed yourself to be vulnerable and then your heart was crushed." And then she spent her interview talking about how heartbroken she was (yes whether she was actually showing it or not), how blindsided, how hard it was because she allowed herself to be vulnerable, how months later it still hurt. And unlike Britt and her over long hug and creepy staring into Chris' eyes trying to force him to say "yes, I only let you go because of what Carly said", Kaitlyn remained in her seat and called him out but did so calmly and stood her ground. 

As for the "plough the fuck out of my field" comment, I actually don't think the producers showing that is proof they may not see her as the Bachelorette because I thought Chris Harrison set it up as part of the whole "Kaitlyn was the joker, the laid back girl with the potty mouth, who hid emotions sometimes behind humor but then what do you know, she did fall in love and the feelings did become real." 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2
(edited)

Oh, I don't doubt that Kaitlyn will TBette. I just meant that they don't have the classic tear-filled post-elimination limo footage, or the love-at-first-sight introduction that made us think she and Chris would end up together. So they'll have to come up with a new angle.

ETA: Ashlee Frazier wasn't made TBette after Sean's season, but here's the kind of romantic intro that, typically, they love to play under Chris Harrison saying, "She thought she'd found love on The Bachelor...." (I couldn't find a video of Desiree's entrance.) So I expect we'll hear, "She made one of the most memorable introductions in Bachelor history..." over the plow-the-fuck-etc line.

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 1

I would be thrilled with a new angle.

Given that filming of The Bachelorette starts very soon, even this month, I was surprised they let Kaitlyn sound as broken-hearted as she did. But the arc has started. No one else got that. Britt was too emotional, though I suppose there's a way outside chance they'd have her as back-up in case Kaitlyn had a last-minute issue.

• Love 1

Obviously I'm just squinting at tea leaves here, but:

The rap against Britt is that she's too insincere and fake.

Given that, I think the fact that the showed scene they showed from during the commercial break of Britt breaking down to CH may be significant.  In Fleiss-world, that scene probably constitutes a "real" moment, "unscripted" at a time when we're to believe neither knew they were being filmed, during which the "emotions" displayed must be "authentic".

I know some have suggested that scene was meant to be juxtaposed with the way Britt appeared to instantly pull herself together once she went back to her seat with the rest of the ladies, but that didn't strike me as particularly damning.

Combine that with the fact that, iirc, we didn't hear CH ask Kaitlyn about whether she "still believes in the process", or "whether she still believes that she can find love", etc.  Those are usually the set-up questions for the next B'ette.

None of this is to say that I believe TPTB have chosen Britt.  Just that I don't think they've definitely chosen Kaitlyn.  

• Love 2

After last night's love fest for all things Britt, I'm beginning to wonder if she is indeed their choice over Kaitlyn.   Could be one of those situations where both girls are being prepped and they were waiting to see how last night went.   So I guess we'll just have to wait and see what news comes out in the next few days, leading up to the big reveal on Monday.

• Love 3

I would be thrilled with a new angle.

Given that filming of The Bachelorette starts very soon, even this month, I was surprised they let Kaitlyn sound as broken-hearted as she did. But the arc has started. No one else got that. Britt was too emotional, though I suppose there's a way outside chance they'd have her as back-up in case Kaitlyn had a last-minute issue.

They probably want to have a back-up B'ette, just in case.   Considering how many women after appearing on the show, return to a former boyfriend and end up in a relationship, it makes sense to have a Plan B.   

I think Kaitlyn would be happy to do it for the bucks, and if she meets someone during filming, all the better.    I know I'd do it in a heartbeat.    Since this show's audience is overwhelmingly women,  Britt would be a tough sell.    I thought she would draw hot guys, but it seems casting started long ago, and they likely have no idea who they're competing for.     Britt may have liked and thought she was friend's with every woman she ever met, but I doubt it was reciprocated.    Too much drama, too much energy spent on her neediness and obsession with being the only girl in the room. 

• Love 1

Britt strikes me as the girl who would stamp her feet and cry if she didn't win "Prom Queen" in high school and hasn't changed since (perhaps stamping her feet and crying at her 5 and 10 year reunions as well). Kaitlyn strikes me as the girl who'd say something along the lines of "whatever, you know I'm cooler than you" whether she won or not. I'm hoping for Kaitlyn because I think she'd be interesting. I'd watch Britt because I think she'd be hilarious - same with Ashley S. I'd be watching for all the Wrong Reasons, I guess, but I can't picture any of them being serious leads.  I think the only one featured on the WTA special that I wouldn't watch at all is Kelsey.

• Love 2

This is why I can't stand RS and his smug, douchiness. In relation to the pictures of Kaitlyn above clearly in Bachelorette mode,  I don't get his snark about her not knowing and yet there are these pictures. Obviously douchebag until the official announcement she's not allowed to talk about or admit she's the next Bachelorette. So of course she'll play coy or say she doesn't know. Like what is he thinking he's really proving with these pictures. Ugh...I can't stand that tool.

RS is SUCH a tool. She can't tell anyone she's the bachelorette until it's officially announced, and he knows that! He's just trying to act like a know it all, which is his primary occupation. 

I am so happy it's Kaitlyn (if it is). She reminds me of Jillian, as others have said, and I loved her easy, fun personality. She's cute, too!

• Love 1

I am so happy it's Kaitlyn (if it is). She reminds me of Jillian, as others have said, and I loved her easy, fun personality. She's cute, too!

I just hope she doesn't have Jillian's shitty taste in men. #TeamReid5Evah

• Love 1
(edited)

Here's a theory: Becca is the Bachelorette. However, it was agreed upon before all the finale stuff and she was kept on as a contender just for show, similar to a Survivor bunny or goat except it's by the producers' choice and not the Bachelor's.  It would have been OK for Chris to drop her at 3 or 4, but having her be runner up isn't a show stopper if being the Bachelorette was agreed upon ahead of time.  This would fit in with the storyline she's been getting the second half of the season: never been in love, virgin, attracted to Chris but not sure he's not the one, she's 26 - will she ever find love??? Is there a right guy out there for her???

Of course who knows what will happen Monday night.  I just think the Final 2/filming next day obstacle isn't that much of a barrier to prevent her from becoming the next Bachelorette, and if you take that barrier away, she is the best candidate by far.  Not as far as being an interesting Bachelorette, perhaps, but the one with the best-crafted storyline going in and without the negative connotations of fake drama queen or coarse jokester. Plus she is very pretty so I think the guys will be OK with her.

Edited by Lamb18

The only problem with that theory is that Becca has zero star power. She's this season's "too normal for this show" contestant. Pretty, nice, gets along with everyone--and I'm already out of ways to describe her. She just doesn't talk or do enough. I'm horrified that it'll be Kaitlyn, but obviously the girl has personality and doesn't shy away from the camera. The Bachelorette is on screen at least 90 percent of the time. She cannot be reserved and slow to open up.

I just can't see them executing this elaborate scheme to surprise us with a Bachelorette who would be deadly quiet and demure.

• Love 6

So what's the scoop on the big shocker on the after the rose tomorrow? Anyone know?

No, where are you getting that from?

I know Reality Steve said he had a piece of info he wouldn't be releasing until after the finale, but I don't think it's Bachelorette related.

So Reality Steve has a new blog up today.  

Says that both Kaitlyn and Britt were seen fliming in LA with a crew over the weekend.  He doesn't know that that means but his thought is either Fleiss & company still haven't made up their decision & will pick one girl later today to announce on AFTR or they are going old school on us and repeating the Byron/Jay season and bringing both girls to opening night and have the guys decide. 

Thoughts?

• Love 1

I agree with Steve that however they want to do it and whomever is picked is just ducky with me.  I actually like both K & B, and think whichever Bchelorette they go with will do fine.  It's all about the guys for me, as long as there's plenty of eye candy, pool party shots and interesting dates. 

Go Kaitlyn!  Or Go Britt!

• Love 3

Hey - Maybe they decided the formula is getting old and they decided to go with TWO B's.    

Think about it -  it might work, to add a little interest, and compete with the other versions of this show popping up on lesser known  channels.  Two women, on group dates they split the group, and each take half, have   one-on-one dates are with the guys they prefer.  Two different color of roses.   Guys might prefer one B, but get chosen by the other to stay, etc.  each woman picks her top 4.  It really could put some life back into the show. 

• Love 4

I'd be down with them doing a Byron/Jay night 1 or even better like backformore suggested, even co-bachettes. That would really mix things up. It would be like bringing some of BiP on the main show.

• Love 2

The lead gets paid.  And a nice hefty sum.  If ABC were to do co-leads, they'd have to double their budget for that, and a lot of other things.  This franchise is a business, and I just don't see them taking such a big financial risk and adding in all the confusion to the mix. 

If they do the Byron/Jay thing, I can see the girl that doesn't get picked being paid a nominal sum for night 1, but definitely not the full "salary".  

The lead gets paid.  And a nice hefty sum.  If ABC were to do co-leads, they'd have to double their budget for that, and a lot of other things.  This franchise is a business, and I just don't see them taking such a big financial risk and adding in all the confusion to the mix. 

If they do the Byron/Jay thing, I can see the girl that doesn't get picked being paid a nominal sum for night 1, but definitely not the full "salary".  

Alternatively, they could decrease the salaries, maybe not by half but some %, but guarantee the "loser" more $ for BiP and the "winner" a slot on DwtS. Or something like that.

• Love 2
(edited)

What's the "Byron/Jay thing" ?

I wasn't thinking of one of the Bacheorette's winning and one losing -  I was thinking of both of them doing the show together, sort of like two bachelorettes working from the same pool of guys.   Early group dates could be with both women, later dates they would split up the group.  They could choose the same guys, or different ones, for individual dates, until the group gets whittled down. 

I don't think the salaries are an issue, the show makes more in advertising than what they have to pay, and salaries can be lowered easily, if needed

Edited by backformore
  • Love 1
(edited)

Season 6? 7? of the Bachelor introduced two men on night 1 Jay and Byron. Toward the end of the evening, the women got to vote on who to make *the* Bachelor (Byron, who ended up engaged to Mary, who had been on Bob's season prior to that) and the other guy (Jay) was booted.

Edited by lulee

BIP contestants didn't get a salary, just their expenses picked up.  And regardless of how powerful & influential the Bachelor brass is, they do not run all of ABC or Disney.  I don't think they can guarantee anybody anything on other shows for future seasons. 

I can absolutely see a few tweaks to the basic premise and some procedural things, but my opinion is that 2 leads would cost them to much money and cause too much confusion, changing the entire direction of the show.  You just don't mess too much with a proven success.  And they've had that for 29 seasons. 

From Reality Steve, explaining the Byron/Jay method:

We saw this before on the “Bachelor” season 6 with Byron and Jay. 25 girls met both of them, then they decided who they wanted as the “Bachelor.” They were given a yellow rose (for Jay) and a white rose (for Byron), and each girl would go up and place the rose of the “Bachelor” they wanted on a tray. Jay and Byron had their backs turned to the women and didn’t see which ones voted for them. Once one “Bachelor” got to 13 roses (the majority), he was declared the “Bachelor.” Byron got to 13 first and at the time, Jay only had been given 7 roses. So they only showed 20 of the 25 votes, and Byron already had 13. IF, and it’s still an “if,” but if they choose to go with two “Bachelorettes” and the guys choose, my guess would be the guys would choose Britt.

And I'll go one step further in predictions IF they go this route: The selection ceremony will go down to 12 for Kaitlyn and 12 for Britt, with rose #25 being the deciding rose.  Cynical viewer that I am, I'm betting these days they wouldn't let one girl just run away with it.  It's got to be maxed-out with drama! 

• Love 3

If they did a 'voting' thing at the beginning, where the guys voted for Britt or Kaitlyn, then I think it's kind of dumb...first, the choice would be spoiled within 5 minutes because, you know, social media. Also, most of the guys would pick Britt. I like Kaitlyn, but Britt with her long hair, blow up doll faces and long, sensual hugs would be  a shoe-in if the guys have to vote after only knowing the girls for one night and with limited time spent with each. Maybe Kaitlyn could pull a shocker.

I probably would be fine with this arrangement if it were Kaitlyn against ANYONE else. But I just don't like Britt..haha.

• Love 2

As of right now, I would prefer Kaitlyn over Britt. Not because I am such a Kaitlyn fan, because I am really not, but because I simply wouldn't watch if it was Britt. Forget all the drama, the tears or the fakeness. I can't watch because I still don't know what the deal is with her showering, or not showering to be more precise.

And frankly we should worry. Of all the things that Britt accused Carly of at WTA (bad mouthing her to Chris, pretending to be Britt's friend, being the Zodiac Killer, etc), not once did Britt take Carly to task for lying about saying Britt does not shower. We can only presume that Carly was in fact not lying.

So no thanks, I don't want to see a Bachelorette who leaves a ring around the hot tub. That damn thing is filthy enough as it is.

• Love 2

Maybe it will be a public voting thing. Remember Chris wasn't announced as the Bachelor during Andi's ATFR and they waited a few weeks before fully confirming him and filming started. So maybe they will present Britt and Kaitlyn as options to the viewers and "Bachelor Nation" and leave it up to them to vote. If that is what they do I actually do think Kaitlyn will get it because I've seen comments online and other polls and Kaitlyn has actually led all of these. Because remember the majority demographic of Bachelor/ette viewers are women. So I don't think they will be as swayed by the ten pounds of weave, caked on makeup, big, blowup doll-like eyes. 

• Love 1

We saw this before on the “Bachelor” season 6 with Byron and Jay. 25 girls met both of them, then they decided who they wanted as the “Bachelor.” They were given a yellow rose (for Jay) and a white rose (for Byron), and each girl would go up and place the rose of the “Bachelor” they wanted on a tray. Jay and Byron had their backs turned to the women and didn’t see which ones voted for them. Once one “Bachelor” got to 13 roses (the majority), he was declared the “Bachelor.” Byron got to 13 first and at the time, Jay only had been given 7 roses. So they only showed 20 of the 25 votes, and Byron already had 13. IF, and it’s still an “if,” but if they choose to go with two “Bachelorettes” and the guys choose, my guess would be the guys would choose Britt.

And did the women who voted for Jay leave when Byron was declared Bachelor? Because nowadays it would definitely be considered "wrong reasons" for anyone to stick around who doesn't think the lead is their one true love.

Maybe it will be a public voting thing. Remember Chris wasn't announced as the Bachelor during Andi's ATFR and they waited a few weeks before fully confirming him and filming started. So maybe they will present Britt and Kaitlyn as options to the viewers and "Bachelor Nation" and leave it up to them to vote.

truthaboutluv, I think you're on to something. So many other reality shows have incorporated social media voting; perhaps Fleiss wants in on that. I can see CH announcing tonight that the choice of Bachelorette is up to "America" and have people vote on Twitter, #Britt or #Kaitlyn. Then the narrative would be "America is rooting for her to find love".

• Love 1
And did the women who voted for Jay leave when Byron was declared Bachelor? Because nowadays it would definitely be considered "wrong reasons" for anyone to stick around who doesn't think the lead is their one true love.

No I'm pretty sure they all stayed. That's why the guys didn't see who was voting for them so the Bachelor picked I guess didn't just get rid of the women who voted for the other guy. But no worries, many of the women tattled to Byron about who was more in favor of Jay to try to get them booted.

• Love 5

And I want a camera on Britt when she gets the official word that its Kaitlyn not her as the next Bachelorette.  Or when she sees Whitney sitting in the audience, clapping away for Chris on DWTS.   Oh well, off to Mexico and Bachelor in Paradise for her.

That would be fun to watch  :)

Can they break with Bachelor tradition and just do all the filming in Canada?    Tired of the same old, same old in California.

I'll take Kaitlyn and her resting duck face all day, every day over Britt and her horrible acting,  

This.  I'm not really a big Kaitlyn fan, but she would make for a more interesting season than Britt.  Even if there's nothing but massive friend-zoning going on, it would be way more interesting and/or amusing than watching Britt.  Because, without a bunch of women around to start drama with, what exactly would Britt do?  If you take the competition/catfight factor out with Britt, there's just nothing left that's interesting enough to watch.  

Well, guys seem to go for the blow-up doll with a cabbage patch face, but does the franchise really have enough male viewers to get away with that?  It's much easier for them to google "hot nude girls" or whatever online.

I do wonder if something's up, because all the scuttlebutt said that Kaitlyn as Bachette was a done deal, but last week's Britt edit (especially the "off camera" private Chris H/Britt chat just seemed so contrived to drum up some Britt love).

I heard the guys voting on their choice rumor on a different site, and came here to see what was being said.  Solving this mystery might be the only point of real interest on tonight's show.  Chris S has been an unbelievable dud of a bachelor.  I truly feel sorry for any girl that takes him on.

• Love 1

As of right now, I would prefer Kaitlyn over Britt. Not because I am such a Kaitlyn fan, because I am really not, but because I simply wouldn't watch if it was Britt. Forget all the drama, the tears or the fakeness. I can't watch because I still don't know what the deal is with her showering, or not showering to be more precise.

And frankly we should worry. Of all the things that Britt accused Carly of at WTA (bad mouthing her to Chris, pretending to be Britt's friend, being the Zodiac Killer, etc), not once did Britt take Carly to task for lying about saying Britt does not shower. We can only presume that Carly was in fact not lying.

So no thanks, I don't want to see a Bachelorette who leaves a ring around the hot tub. That damn thing is filthy enough as it is.

LOL.    I hear that there were actually three cousins involved in the Hillside stranglings, and the third cousin was Carly. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Looks like the lady was picked:

Mike Fleiss ‏@fleissmeister  · 3h3 hours ago 
White smoke rising into the Malibu sky...

I hope we get some spoilers soon! They obviously went all night to get the next victim.

Edited by leighdear

There's so much discussion over the new Bachelorette "twist" and how this season will play out that I've started a thread just for anticipatory discussion, NON-SPOILED speculation, griping about how much the producers love Britt, rants about how much you hate Britt, or, (my personal fav) mocking of Kaitlyn's duck lips, etc.  I'm moving non-spoiler-related discussion from this thread to there.

You should still discuss actual spoilers here.  Thanks.

Chris Harrison retweeted

TheBachelorTV ‏@TheBachelorTV  · 10h10 hours ago 

Be a part of the newest season of @BacheloretteABC!! Now's your chance! Email bachelorfans@gmail.com to attend tomorrow 3/15 (LA area) 18yr+

Maybe we'll get some info today, since this came  from Chris Harrison's twitter yesterday.  People with camera phones should be breaking the story. 

They're not trying because they know it will be pointless with social media and internet being what it is. I assume the Bachelorette will have dates outdoors so that ups the risk of someone snapping a picture, filming a video, etc. 

• Love 1