Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E09: Week 8, Part 2

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

his sister lives in Winnetka.

One sis in Winnetka, one in Ireland. Does anyone know where the third lives? At least two did not marry into the farming business.  I read somewhere that the sister(s) signed him up for TB-ette Andi's season.

Edited by saber5055

One of the most enjoyable aspects of having siblings is seeing them embarrassed, mocked and uncomfortable.  And on National TV?  Priceless! As long as there is no real trauma or physical damage, it's all fair game.  I have 2 big brothers and we have practically tortured each other for decades! 

<----------  Exhibit A  *LOL*

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7

The majority of guys on the Bachelorette were signed up by their sisters, including Bachelors - Bob, Sean, Jake and Ben.  Which begs the question, why?

Who knows if that's true. Models, after all, are required to say their friend/mom/grandmother signed them up for a modeling competition, and the rest is history.

• Love 2

The majority of guys on the Bachelorette were signed up by their sisters, including Bachelors - Bob, Sean, Jake and Ben.  Which begs the question, why?

It might be harder to find a steady stream of good looking, normal (emphasis on the word 'normal') guys who want to be on a female-dominated show. The show is watched more by females. I've heard some male contestants say that they were scouted out by producers. Ed from Jillian's season in partiuclar said the a producer approached him outside his office building. So I guess it is common for a good looking, single guy to be signed up by a family member, especially if they are fans of the show. I have a friend who is trying to get her brother to sign up.

I have a friend who is trying to get her brother to sign up.

Oh, I hope that happens so we can get the scoopage here!

In other news: Jake has a SISTER? Who knew?

Maybe people say the sis/brother/friend signed them up so as to put the stupidity of being on this show onto someone else and not the contestant. Especially after seeing the edit those monkeys give them.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 3

Maybe people say the sis/brother/friend signed them up so as to put the stupidity of being on this show onto someone else and not the contestant.

Exactly. My sister talked me into watching The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. I would never make that decision on my own.

• Love 13

And although it was certainly rude of her to ask why he gave the rose to Kaitlyn and put him on the spot that she needs to be #1, if she meant THAT much to him--which I thought she did--then why not talk it through with her like every Bachelor/ette in the history of this show has ever done:

Because Britt pouted about it and demanded an explanation (in front of Kaitln AND the others) or she would not bring him home to her family.  I don't know if you've seen this kind of ridiculously self-centered and irrational behavior  (and outrageously rude and disdainful of the others), before, on this show, but I haven't.

I don't get the bit about how someone 'like Britt' would not have given him the time of day before.  Her face is so ballooned, she's so over made-up, and her manner so fake, that I don't see her as the prize that you and some others do.  It's all based on an idea of physical beauty -- there is far more to beauty than that, and a lot of it will show from the inside out and enhance any natural physical beauty, while the opposite (hers) of letting the ugly stuff show instead detracts from any natural attributes for some of us

Edited by pitchy
  • Love 10

Or, they could just skip this season and bring back Claire from Juan Pablo's season. She is awesome and when last seen talking to the raccoon on Bachelor in Paradise I think she stole the show. 

I remember one thing in particular about Claire from her season with Juan Pablo (as opposed to her more sympathetic time at BP).

When she stalked Nikki upstairs to her bedroom, insisting -- with wild eyes -- on confronting Nikki about leaving the conversation below when it came to a group-dissing of someone who was N's friend.  It made me think Claire was someone to be quite wary of.  Found it really awful and very unattractive.  JP made her more of a victim with his attitude in that last plane ride though.

• Love 1

Because Britt pouted about it and demanded an explanation (in front of Kaitln AND the otghers) or she would not bring him home to her family.  I don't know if you've seen this kind of ridiculously self-centered and irrational behavior  (and outrageously rude and disdainful of the others), before, on this show, but I haven't.

I don't get the bit about how someone 'like Britt' would not have given him the time of day before.  Her face is so ballooned, she's so over made-up, and her manner so fake, that I don't see her as the prize that you and some others do.  It's all based on an idea of physical beauty -- there is far more to beauty than that, and a lot of it will show from the inside out and enhance any natural physical beauty, while the opposite (hers) of letting the ugly stuff show instead detracts from any natural attributes for some of us

Good post. My boyfriend thought Britt was pretty when he first saw her, but now he can't stand her and thinks she's plain ugly. What's on the inside reflects on the outside as well.

• Love 5

I guess the thing that really makes me wonder is this:  Why do people who really like a candidate (say Becca) want them to be the lead?

The lead has to actually lie to people's faces.  The lead has to hurt people's feelings.  The lead has to be sympathetic to people they don't like. The lead has to smile when they want to scream.  The lead has to go without sleep.  The lead has to do activities they don't like. The lead has to be without friends and family for the duration.  And the lead has to do all this while constantly being filmed.   Then edited the way the producers want.

Why do people want to see those women they LIKE go through all this? 

I think Britt is a great character and I think she could do all those things and not lose a wink of sleep. I think it would emotionally hurt a woman like Becca.  Maybe Kaitlyn and Jade.  But I think Britt would be able to sail right through. 

• Love 4

The only ones I could see as the Bachelorette is Britt or Whitney (if she doesn't win). I don't think that Britt really did anything that wrong, but she would need to redeem herself a bit at the Women Tell All show.  Ditto Carly since she is seen by some as a mean girl now but not sure she has the confidence to be the Bachelorette.  If Jade had a more outgoing personality and wouldn't mind the constant reminders of the nude pictures, she would be shoe-in. I'm sure she would attract a lot of guys to her season.  But then again they have made some questionable choices in the past for both Bachelor and Bachelorette so who knows.

• Love 1

Why do people want to see those women they LIKE go through all this?

I think Britt is a great character and I think she could do all those things and not lose a wink of sleep. I think it would emotionally hurt a woman like Becca.  Maybe Kaitlyn and Jade.  But I think Britt would be able to sail right through.

This. You know we all end up hating every person who gets lead anyway. So why pick someone you actually like?

PhilW, look at all the fun you are having here now that you were forced to watch this show. I'm not sure I would tune in every week if it weren't for these posts. We're glad you're here, Phil! 

• Love 2

Because they're a buncha wild mustangs!    Hey, wasn't  that the name of Keanu Reeves's band in that movie I can't remember?   Something about a caveman? 

I guess the thing that really makes me wonder is this:  Why do people who really like a candidate (say Becca) want them to be the lead?

The lead has to actually lie to people's faces.  The lead has to hurt people's feelings.  The lead has to be sympathetic to people they don't like. The lead has to smile when they want to scream.  The lead has to go without sleep.  The lead has to do activities they don't like. The lead has to be without friends and family for the duration.  And the lead has to do all this while constantly being filmed.   Then edited the way the producers want.

I think Britt is a great character and I think she could do all those things and not lose a wink of sleep. I think it would emotionally hurt a woman like Becca.  Maybe Kaitlyn and Jade.  But I think Britt would be able to sail right through. 

Because if we're watching an entire season, many of us would prefer it being with someone we can root for. Besides, it's their choice, and they're paid. Several of them come out with marriages, especially lately, so it's not like it ruins them. (Ashley, Desiree). Emily's season was one of the least entertaining for me, because I hated the plastic Barbi doll. And what I care about as a viewer is being entertained -- I'm not their relative or therapist.

I vote for Kaitlyn. She's fun, sparkly, savvy, and with a bit of a naughty streak. Could make for a great season. Plus I don't get the feeling she's desperate to impress, like Britt is.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 6

I think Kaitlyn could pass as Britt's younger (or older--- I don't feel like looking up their ages) prettier sister. Yup. I said it. I find Kaitlyn much prettier than Britt.

Really? :o I find Kaitlyn one of the most unattractive people I know. There's definitely something wrong with her eyes. And I find Britt even more beautiful than Anjelina, and God only knows how much I adore her beauty.

First time I saw Britt I was sure she reminded me of someone. Now I know who it is. She is a greek model who became miss world some years ago. http://www.star.gr/publishingimages/2014/12/011214134112_2888.JPG

Regardless Britt's character and behavior, I consider her ridiculously beautiful.

• Love 3

I prefer Kaitlyn to Britt as well, even though I didn't find her very attractive on the first night. Now I think she's striking. Must be another case of what's on the inside affecting what's on the outside. I really hope she'll be the Bachelorette. I'm sure it would be a fun season with a dose of reality thrown in. If I want to watch fiction, I'll find something else to watch. Despite loving the snark, I still watch this show with the hope of seeing a genuine love connection, so I want to be able to root for the lead, at least at the beginning of the season. Yes, they often make me dislike them as the season goes on, but by then I'm hooked anyway. If Britt were the lead then I don't know where I'd find the enjoyment. Maybe the men would be good-looking, but I'd only be hoping for them all to leave on their own and that never happens on this show, so there would be no payoff. 

• Love 8

I also think Britt would pull in better looking guys than the others.  Regardless of the producer prodding and social media crap, we know they've already decided who the Bachelorette will be.  They should already be casting the guys and have a bunch stacked up and ready to start filming in a few weeks.  I believe they start the week after this finale, or close to it. 

• Love 2

I think Kaitlyn could pass as Britt's younger (or older--- I don't feel like looking up their ages) prettier sister. Yup. I said it. I find Kaitlyn much prettier than Britt.

My husband said exactly the same thing.  He did not even need to think about it to state that in his opinion Kaitlyn was the most attractive of the remaining ladies.  

I think Britt is attractive, but to me she's kind of like a really, really cute and pretty munchkin.  She has these cute round baby like features, she bats her eyelashes, and she dresses like a very stylish 21 year old -- but I don't find her a stunning beauty.  I've also never seen her without her hair blown out and face fully covered in make-up, so there's that. I wouldn't want to watch her as the next Bachelorette.  Just don't find her very likable.  

Edited by sofiah
  • Love 2

I would agree with this except I liked Ashley and Desiree - both of whom either were or were edited to appear distracted by another man, and both of whom are now happily married.

Edited by Bella
almost got spoilery in the wrong thread
  • Love 2

Britt reminds me of Tiffani Amber Theisen. I really hope she is not the bachelorette. While I think most of the guys would find her very attractive, she's just too over the top fake. She doesn't have any real personality, just parrots whatever she thinks the guy wants to hear. Plus she doesn't actually want a relationship from the show. Kaitlynn is attractive but she just looks dirty to me. Maybe its her poorly done tattoos or her weird mouth but she just looks unkept. Carly is definitely a no for Bachelorette. While she's cute, her self esteem is WAY too low and I don't think she would be comfortable with a bunch of guys, especially ones that probably signed up hoping to see Britt. Whitney is cute as well but she not gorgeous and doesn't have the personality to be bachelorette. I really don't know who they should choose. Don't really like any of the girls. Jade is cute (in most light, hated her with the dark burgundy lipstick) but she talks like a teenager and doesn't have enough (that we've seen) personality to carry a show.

Becca might be an interesting choice if Chris doesn't pick her. She's very pretty, she's polite and there is the virgin twist. But she might be kind of awkward. I really didn't understand where her sister was coming from, it was almost like she was trying to spell it out to Chris that her sister was a virgin (and trying to embarrass her).  Becca seemed very affectionate and comfortable with Chris- always holding his hand and rubbing his arms and kissing him. Sure she wasn't Ashley I straddling him and sucking his face off but she didn't come off as someone who was afraid of affection.

Looking at the photos from all those wonderful recap blogs, I keep looking at Whitney's hair.  Her hair color is boring, flat , one-note.   She would look 100 times better if she had darker blond color, with lighter , subtle highlights.  

• Love 2

Like her or not, when it comes to looks and that certain something that men like, none of these ladies can hold a candle to Britt.  No.not.one.  Even if she isn't chosen to be the next Bachelorette, it doesn't negate that fact. 

I dunno if I'd call that a fact. I never did think she was very pretty, but I'm a hetero female so I realize I'm a little biased. When I asked my husband to watch (without my commenting first) he thought she was "weird looking, like a doll." He liked Becca and Carley (Karley? not sure on spelling) a lot though. He also thought Kaitlyn and Jade were cute.  By my totally unscientific poll, I'd have to agree with others who've said beauty's very subjective.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 3

Like her or not, when it comes to looks and that certain something that men like, none of these ladies can hold a candle to Britt.  No.not.one.  Even if she isn't chosen to be the next Bachelorette, it doesn't negate that fact.  All this talk about Ashley's beauty is nonsense.  I found her to be one of the least attractive ladies this season.  The woman is cross-eyed and has the body of a 15 year old boy.  Perhaps they can make her the Canadian Bachelorette, instead.   

There's about 3.5 billion men in the world. It's a little hard to believe that all of them have the exact same taste in women.

• Love 3

One sis in Winnetka, one in Ireland. Does anyone know where the third lives? At least two did not marry into the farming business.  I read somewhere that the sister(s) signed him up for TB-ette Andi's season.

Isn't Ireland mostly farming country anyway?

Why can't we find a brand NEW b'ette?  It doesn't have to be one we have already seen before so why not just find a new one?  Same with TB.  How about a nice, charming, wealthy BLACK TB???  It's not that hard to find dear producers!

And this from a 51 year old WHITE woman who doesn't find dark skinned men especially attractive (NOT a prejudice, I just am not into dark skinned men physically however, were I ever widowed I would consider that option.  Who knows?  I might meet one who'd change my perspective)

Edited by Shugardrawers
  • Love 4

While I agree that, of course, men are going to have different tastes in women, I do think Britt has that It Factor that will draw in more men--even those who might find another woman in the bunch more conventionally beautiful. Someone called it early this season that she out-sparkles Tierra. She has this way of beaming up at Chris from the second she met him--so I presume she could do this with any man--that had him instantaneously smitten with her. She also says she "reinvents" herself, so I bet she'd tell all 20 guys 20 different things and have them eating out of her hand. (And then how Amazingly Wrong Reasons would it be when she eventually forgets who she told what to or the guys compare notes!) Also, she has numerous women in the house draped all over her and vice versa! I mean, that's some magnetism to even draw in the straight women! Yes, she's fake, and, yes, polls of husbands walking through the living room might pick another woman out of the lineup. But I do think that Britt would be the Emily pick and have more men drooling over themselves immediately. I think any of the other women--while all amazing catches in their own right--would be like other seasons in which it takes a bit more time to warm up to her, and approx. half of the contestants never do. They would be more likely to find that one guy in the bunch to potentially marry. There's no way Britt would get married! But I think the majority would be gaga over her right from the start with her sparkle and then it would only fade once they realize it's an act. I think she'd get some Right Reasons guys who would absolutely be crushed. And I feel terrible for wanting to see the trainwreck, but I am admittedly a Wrong Reasons viewer, so my vote goes to Britt!

• Love 8

Well, when you put it that way JenE4, I say Britt for the B'ette and I would watch it for all the 'wrong reasons'.

I 100% believe that, on the surface, more men would fall head over heels for Britt. She makes sure of it. She has manufactured a persona and image for the main purpose of attracting people to her. IMO, there is no way in hell she would find a real connection, because she's not real. But I would love to see her chameleon style backfire as the guys talk to each other "I'm so into this chick, she loves football as much as I do, it's awesome" "wait, she said she hated sports. I was telling her how I feel that sports glorify violence and she said she agreed. She would much rather a man with a strong mind than a strong body" "no way! She said she loved that I focus so much on my looks" etc.

Now, half of them probably wouldn't care because they are only there to bang the hot one and get some camera time and travel and I don't think she'd care because she's just there to be discovered and want guys to want her so it would be a more unconventional happy ending.

The great thing about this franchise is, I find it equally enjoyable if I love the star or not. If I love them, I root for them to find someone, I want the best guy to win. But if I don't,  I totally watch fort he drama and the crazy and to see how long their 15 minutes lasts before they can't stand being near each other anymore and break it off. Of course, if I really can't stand them, I just won't watch.

• Love 8

I 100% believe that, on the surface, more men would fall head over heels for Britt. She makes sure of it. She has manufactured a persona and image for the main purpose of attracting people to her. IMO, there is no way in hell she would find a real connection, because she's not real.

What you said- her whole persona is about making sure that the maximum number of men who would be inclined to like that type get hooked, and she has at least enough of a Bratz doll look to support it.

I have to say, as obnoxious as Carly was about it, she was spot on in seeing that. And if you decide to compete for that same group of guys, it would be demoralizing to see them fall for the games of Britt types over and over again. (Which happens plenty in real life.) if you don't have the maturity to see that you don't really want those guys and should be glad they're self-selecting for you, you end up damaged about it like Carly is.

I'm genuinely curious of how much of Britt's behavior is conscious and how much of it has just developed in a feedback loop her whole life. I suspect from her tantrums and inability to hold her tongue when it mattered, that Britt grew up as a pretty girl that had her pick of men and learned over the years what kinds of behavior the pretty but empty guys go gaga over. I haven't seen anything to suggest she's smart enough or self aware enough to intentionally act in some of the ways she does (like being all snuggly with the other girls) to achieve a specific end. But I'd note that for all her appeal to a certain type of guy, she hasn't parlayed it into a real relationship, or she'd be famewhoring somewhere else.

I was hoping she'd win, in a schadenfreude kind of way. She's clearly been gunning to be the next bachelorette from the beginning, and was only derailed (though she might get it anyway) when her desire not to lose showed us her ego and narcissism is stronger than she may have anticipated. I'd have loved to see her win the "prize" of Farmer Boring and life in Arlington while someone else is the next Bachelorette.

Edited by Shibori
  • Love 5

Okay, folks, I'm "guest-modding" here for a couple of days, and it's really getting too heated with people being overly emphatic about their opinions being facts and so forth.

Here's a fact: we don't yet know who TPTB will choose as the next Bachelorette.

Past that, everything is opinion.

I hid a whole bunch of posts for the regular forum mods to look over, which may take a while. When they get here, they may also look at some that I didn't hide.

Just chill for a while. I know it's cold outside, but getting heated in this forum doesn't help.

Thanks!

• Love 3

Really? :o I find Kaitlyn one of the most unattractive people I know. There's definitely something wrong with her eyes. And I find Britt even more beautiful than Anjelina, and God only knows how much I adore her beauty.

First time I saw Britt I was sure she reminded me of someone. Now I know who it is. She is a greek model who became miss world some years ago. http://www.star.gr/publishingimages/2014/12/011214134112_2888.JPG

Regardless Britt's character and behavior, I consider her ridiculously beautiful.

Holy poop, if that's Miss World, somebody kill me.    Maybe the lip color is similar?   Also, that woman is fifty and no Greek is born with that nose.    Britt is ridiculously beautiful,  but that woman is...hmmmm

Kaitlin does have wonky eyes.    I think it's her eyebrows, which make Carly look like an eyebrow model.   They're low, straignt, and thin.    You would call that being beetle-browed, except that she plucked/waxed them into submission.    I find her mouth both Elvis-y and rodent-y at the same time,  but she's quirky and cute.  

Edited by Mu Shu

There's no way Britt would get married! But I think the majority would be gaga over her right from the start with her sparkle and then it would only fade once they realize it's an act. I think she'd get some Right Reasons guys who would absolutely be crushed. And I feel terrible for wanting to see the trainwreck, but I am admittedly a Wrong Reasons viewer, so my vote goes to Britt!

Interesting. As a fellow Wrong Reasons viewer, I think you may have convinced me to be pro-Britt. Of course, one absolute necessity is for TPTB to get nasty and show all the lead's flaws, which outside of Juan Pablo we've rarely seen them be wiling to do. On the other hand, they've already started to go there by telling the world she has questionable hygeine habits and showing both of her two childish meltdowns. If they're willing to go full exposure with Ms. Fakey Fakerson as their intentionally fakey-fake lead without bringing any of the poor gullible boys up to speed, the results could be massive trainwreck-level awesome.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I could handle watching her 24/7. She's just so on all the time. It's exhausting, even if we all go into it knowing it's just a bunch of BS for the cameras. 

• Love 2

I don't get why its surprising to never be in love at 26. That is still young. People think they're in love (like on this show) when it's really just lust and infatuation. Ugh Whitney. I've known her type. The complete happy giddiness but the quickest to snap and get pissed off. Like with her sister. And she just isn't pretty in my opinion. Maybe I'm in the minority.

• Love 1