Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E09: Week 8, Part 2

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Ever since the wedding crash date I've thought Whitney was the frontrunner, and think she would be the best fit for Chris from these ladies: geographically, her blond hair, her outgoing personality that would cover Chris's lack there of.

That being said, my personal favorite is Becca. She seems a delightful mix of shyness and playfulness that might appeal to Chris.  I also feel very protective of her as I was a virgin until nearly 30. I was also holding out for the right guy, my future husband, and I hope she sticks to her guns. I didn't even have a boyfriend until my late twenties. I enjoy being friendly with everyone but am shy in group and intimate social situations.  I figured if there was a perfect guy for me out there he was going to have to make it explicitly clear to me he's interested because I found it too easy to keep things in the friend-zone by smiling and keeping things light. I might look back and regret I didn't date more just for the fun of it, but I don't regret not having sex earlier.  My parents and family hadn't seen me with a guy at Becca's age and if they had I'm sure I would've been just as standoffish around them. Hopefully they didn't think I didn't want that intimacy, was a lesbian, or was asexual.

I think Becca's family went a little over the top with their description of her. And found the ominous scary-movie music playing during that segment to be sort of mean. And that's all I have to say about that.

Count me as someone else who wasn't intending to watch this season, but now have to every week so I can come here and enjoy the snark!

• Love 6

Just watching this now, and in my mind there is absolutely no way Britt wanted to leave.   She was scared he was going to send her home and wanted to save face.  She was so obviously fishing for validation -- asking him if he had anything to say, apologizing to him, etc. -- she just wanted him to chase her and tell her to stay.  I'm so glad he was his rude abrupt self and basically told her he didn't want her for a wife.  Even after that she was still looking at him with puppy eyes, and asking if she "could kiss him".  

Also, she tells Chris that Carly has something against her... and then two second later she interviews that she trusted Carly?  No she didn't - they were practically sworn enemies, and Carly didn't exactly hide her disgust.  There's so much faking with her that it's probably difficult for her to keep track of what she did or didn't say! I don't necessarily like Carly, but I agree with her assessment.  Britt seems like she is used to getting everything she wants because she's cute and pretty, and she can't fathom why someone wouldn't be falling all over themselves for her.  

I think Carly was right about her, that she's used to being the center of attention and having guys chase her and wanted to be sure her family saw it was the same way with Chris. I think she wanted to impress them that he had fallen hard for her, which was what they expected. She couldn't stand the idea of just being "1 of 4" in his eyes, even "1 of 2". Imo, she is spoiled.

But she -wants- to seem nice. There was just such a disconnect the way she acted as if "How could you give a rose to HER when you knew someone like ME wanted one?" She knew that was being unlikable, and tried to backpedal, but she couldn't hide the attitude.

But what really made me side with Carly was that Britt, imo, really -was- lying about Arlington. And I think it irritated Chris because he felt she thought he was too stupid to realize that any girl in her right mind (esp. ones that had left small towns for the big city) would NOT find Arlington with its empty streets and bleak farmland to be any place they'd want to live. Britt could have wrapped him up by saying something like, "It seems a little isolated, but I'd be there with you, so it would be okay." Instead she babbled about the sunsets and how "I really, really liked it" and "I think it would be a great place to raise children!"--all very very fake. Once you see someone doing that, I can understand why you just are "over" them. Like Carly, I was glad she ratted herself out. I didn't dislike her, but the constant pretending to be the woman she thought he wanted (for what ends? because it wasn't matrimony) got increasingly annoying. I was so glad she left--but wouldn't be sorry if she wound up as TB-ette (esp. over Andi--or anyone else from this season.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 4

I've been freaking out about any of these girls being left in Arlington. But just 14 minutes away is Strawberry Point. Here are some restaurants: https://www.google.com/search?q=restaurants+strawberry+point+iowa&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=restaurants+strawberry+point+iowa&rflfq=1&tbm=lcl

I don't know how accurate Yahoo is for these things. If you change the search to Arlington, Iowa, it still pulls up the names of a dozen places, including a pizza place, two Subways and a McDonald's that I am pretty sure aren't there now, even if they once were.

Edited by Ketzel

I usually hate when people pull out the "she's just jealous" card when a less than perfect female says anything negative about a female considered hot. It's usually done by men who are blinded by the faults of a pretty woman because they're too busy thinking with their other head and get mad when their illusions are compromised. However, in this episode Carly kind of spelled out with her comments that she is indeed jealous of Britt's looks and that's just sad. She needs to stop comparing herself to other women first, if she hopes to find a man who doesn't. Insecurity isn't attractive. That said, I still like her and agree that Britt is fakety fake fake. I was cheering when Chris finally found his tongue around her. He seemed so fed up with her attempts to manipulate him and good for him! Whoever compared Britt to a toddler was spot on. If she was just sad or even auditioning to be the next lead, quiet tears would have been more dignified. The sole purpose of the loud wailing was to make sure everyone inside heard and felt sorry for her. What a clown, seriously. I hope I never have to see her again.

Becca's family was so strange. They made it sound like she's frigid or a closeted lesbian just because she hasn't found the right guy yet. I haven't been all over a man in my family's company either, because that's just not how I act. Not everyone's into PDA and rubbing their private matters in other people's faces. Becca's sis needs to shut up. 

Whitney is still way too aggressive for me. I would be constantly on my toes around her. I also don't see what her sister's opinion at this point has to do with anything. Felt like pointless drama to me. Her dog was hilarious though.

Kaitlyn is in the friend zone, but I wouldn't be opposed to her as the Bachelorette. I think she's really pretty and real.

Jade's HTD was the most hilariously awkward thing ever. He certainly got to see a lot of new sides to her, literally. I bet he asked to keep that laptop for the night after she left. I did feel sorry for her, since she was so oblivious to his true feelings about the whole thing. I believe she was one of the front runners though, considering how sad Chris was about sending her home. 

• Love 4

I think when this season is over, we'll hear that whoever ends up as F1 was pretty obvious to the cast and crew all along.  

I think that we're in the minority, but my daughter and I have assumed that it's Whitney since the horrible wedding crasher date.  She's the only one that he can seem to form a sentence with, and he lights up, and relaxes whenever he's with her.  I think that they sealed the deal very early on, and they're just playing out the season.  She very rarely has ITMs, and when she does, she doesn't get the bad edit.  And while she's got the 'mom death glare' down pat, the two of them seem to be a good fit for each other.  

I think that she 'loves' her career in the same way that Andi 'loved' being a lawyer (but promptly ditched her law career even before the first episode of her Bachelorette season started filming (when her intro talked so much about how she 'loved' the law, even though she'd already walked out on her job)- she's looking to settle down.  She's not going to be 'stuck' in Arlington with a farmer husband who gets up at 4 am to work the fields- she's marrying a very rich man who is a farm manager, and (at least from what his sisters said on Andi's visit last year about his finances) isn't stuck in Arlington or out working the fields every day.   

I doubt if they'll make it in the long run- Whitney does seem to have some brains about her, and Chris just doesn't seem that bright, or interesting.  I think that he's also a lot rougher than she is- maybe she's got some skeletons in her closet as well, but he certainly does seem to have had some issues with the law. Apparently his last arrest was in 2010, which wasn't that long ago.  

• Love 1

Being "wild" is subjective though. I mean if you are a family from Nebraska where everyone in your family lives there, gets jobs there and settles down there, then one person in your family decides to move to LA, that could be sean as really "wild" and "out there".  And on top of that she did nude modeling - I think her family may see here as some super wild child becuase she is doing something that seems entirely radical to them. And I think they were on to something when they said she may not be ready to settle down.  Honestly I think for Chris that was probably a bigger deal breaker than the modeling.

• Love 3

I think what happened was that when Jade was asked to pose, she thought it made her special somehow.  She didn't realize that Playboy probably pays people to stake out every bus and train station and every low-budget airline gate in Los Angeles to "approach" young women. 

She wasn't even approached out of the blue. She had been repeatedly submitting her pics to another website (The Chive) that objectifies women, not in the fully nude sort of way but close enough, and that led to the Playboy shoot. The other site didn't even do a shoot with her until Playboy got there first, but she was still involved with them right before she went on this show. My point is that it wasn't one stupid decision she made, she had been pursuing a career as a naughty model for a while. And she did this as a 25-26-year-old, not as a teenager who doesn't know better. She may only know be realising how those pics will affect the rest of her life, but I don't think she regrets anything. That says something about her that I wouldn't find attractive either, if I was a man. She may be a sweet girl, but she's looking for validation in all the wrong ways.

• Love 9

I normally am strict with women who pose nude but in Jade's case I have really seen regret from her part and I really like her. I don't think it's an act of the innocent, I think it's her getting more mature after this experience and wanting to start a new life. I mean, if she wanted to use this for her future modelling career she would have talked about it in the first day and she would not wait until week 8. I'm not sure if she really loved Chris (she was not excited to see where he lived) but I don't think she was using the show to promote her modelling career. Chris should have taken into account that his sisters chose Jade out of the how many were there to choose from? 10 or something? That means something. In my opinion the only one I hadn't expected seein in the final 3 was Kaitlyn. In fact I hadn't even noticed her until last episode when she received the rose. I guess editing made us miss something of Chris' and Kaitlyn's relationhip cause I was surprised when Chris told Jade that his relationship with the other 3 girls had progressed more than theirs. I swear I don't even remember a connection between Kaitlyn and Chris. The one date they had was spent with Jimmy so when did they have the time to connect alone?

I'm really curious about what the deal is with Becca. I like shy and down to earth women, but it's one thing to choose to wait till you find the right person to have sex with them and it's a whole another thing to have never fallen in love in your mid twenties. Her mother was trying to say something to Chris that is deeper than "it's the first time I see my daughter holding hands with a guy". Could it be what another poster mentioned, that she doesn't like men? This would maybe explain some stuff.

I found Witney's sister really mature and serious. Only people who really care for you don't mind making you sad in order to protect you from a mistake. She was really right with what she said to Chris "give me a call when you are sure my sister is the only one for you". I wish all women in this show had this mindset and would stop acting like little naive girls.

At this point I really would like to see Jade as the bachelorette. Her story is great and it would show to the world that we shouldn't convict a person by one mistake they have already regretted.

I think that Chris in this episode and for a while now knows that the only woman for him is Witney.

• Love 1

I usually hate when people pull out the "she's just jealous" card when a less than perfect female says anything negative about a female considered hot. It's usually done by men who are blinded by the faults of a pretty woman because they're too busy thinking with their other head and get mad when their illusions are compromised.

I disagree. I think it's usually done by women. Women are much meaner to each other than men are to women.

Being "wild" is subjective though. I mean if you are a family from Nebraska where everyone in your family lives there, gets jobs there and settles down there, then one person in your family decides to move to LA, that could be sean as really "wild" and "out there".

I'm really curious about what the deal is with Becca. I like shy and down to earth women, but it's one thing to choose to wait till you find the right person to have sex with them and it's a whole another thing to have never fallen in love in your mid twenties. Her mother was trying to say something to Chris that is deeper than "it's the first time I see my daughter holding hands with a guy". Could it be what another poster mentioned, that she doesn't like men? This would maybe explain some stuff.

I think the families of Jade and Becca are guilty of reducing them to one dimension or forming unsound judgments based on limited evidence. They would fit in well on this forum, where most of us pretend to know more than we really do about people we have never met. I know, it's all in good fun...and it is fun...but I think it is unfair to hint or conclude that someone is homosexual or asexual when they are on a show centered around the goal of forming a heterosexual relationship.

• Love 8

I kind of think Becca might be the next Bachelorette.  I see ABC offering her a lot of money to be the virgin Bachelorette and just think of the crazies coming out for that.  ABC is probably salivating at the thought.  They would just need to convince her to do it.

I don't think she's gonna get chosen.  I think the last two will be Kaitlyn and Whitney.  He has more chemistry with both of them then he does with Becca.  If I'm being honest I'm shocked he kept her over Jade.

As far as who he chooses, I'd be happy with either....but if it's Whitney I don't see them lasting.  She loves her job and as she says next week, she worked hard to get there.  I can't see her giving it up to move to Iowa.

• Love 2

I think the families of Jade and Becca are guilty of reducing them to one dimension or forming unsound judgments based on limited evidence. They would fit in well on this forum, where most of us pretend to know more than we really do about people we have never met. I know, it's all in good fun...and it is fun...but I think it is unfair to hint or conclude that someone is homosexual or asexual when they are on a show centered around the goal of forming a heterosexual relationship.

Nicely said, Superpole.

In other news, that HTD with Whitney really took me back to the autopsy/embalming HTD from an earlier season. Asking Chris to donate a sperm sample so Whitney could check out if he had healthy swimmers was just as uproariously funny as Chantel (?) having the Bach lie down on that stainless steel, drain-filled slab table.

• Love 1
I think Chris was acting like Britt did something terrible, all she did was point out that he has been all over her since day one, probably had sex with her, and it surprised her not to be chosen for the hometown date.

But at the moment there were 3 more spots for hometown dates, Chris just gave one of the 4 available roses to Kaitlyn. Was this enough reason for Britt to explode on him and the girls that much? Even if she had received that group date rose, didn't she know that there were 3 more roses to be given to 3 more girls? It's really immature and stupid, in my opinion, to demand to be number one in this situation. I think Britt just used this incident to create drama and leave on her own before hometown dates. I would bet Britt had decided before the show that she would never be in a hometown date.

• Love 5

But at the moment there were 3 more spots for hometown dates, Chris just gave one of the 4 available roses to Kaitlyn. Was this enough reason for Britt to explode on him and the girls that much? Even if she had received that group date rose, didn't she know that there were 3 more roses to be given to 3 more girls? It's really immature and stupid, in my opinion, to demand to be number one in this situation. I think Britt just used this incident to create drama and leave on her own before hometown dates. I would bet Britt had decided before the show that she would never be in a hometown date.

Yes - Britt cam across as saying "I don't want to bring you to meet my family unless I know I'll be chosen,"  But i think her real thing is that it would be humiliating to  go so far in the "competition"  and then be dumped.   I think Britt is used to being in charge of a relationship, and realized that this is a game where the guy has the upper hand.  In order to make it to the end she pretty much has to SAY she'd marry him if he asked, and then deal with either  A) having to be engaged for a time, or   B)  being publicly dumped on TV by a guy she said she was ready to marry.  

I also suspect that she has a deal with the show, that she needed to get to a certain point in order to be the next B'ette.  She can't be #2, she needs to go out with some drama and heartbreak, so she has the story line that she "fell in love"  with Chris, only to have him choose someone else.  

I think her asking for time to talk to him was in the script, it was all set up ahead of time for her Bachelorette story line.  

• Love 3
Being "wild" is subjective though. I mean if you are a family from Nebraska where everyone in your family lives there, gets jobs there and settles down there, then one person in your family decides to move to LA, that could be sean as really "wild" and "out there".  And on top of that she did nude modeling - I think her family may see here as some super wild child becuase she is doing something that seems entirely radical to them. And I think they were on to something when they said she may not be ready to settle down.  Honestly I think for Chris that was probably a bigger deal breaker than the modeling.

This. My family considers my 20s to have been extremely wild. They are a relatively religious, conservative group who all picked their lifelong careers when they were teens, got married at a young age, started having children right away, and stayed married no matter what came up. I, on the other hand, switched my college major about 10 times, skipped from job to job as I attempted to find what worked for me, didn't go to the "right" church, and had a few different relationships that I left when I realized they didn't support who I wanted to be. I also did some modeling and worked as a personal trainer - and they disapproved. I've always held a job, always paid my bills, never been in trouble with the law, and never had a drug or alcohol problem. I'm now in my 40s and have been married for years, have a kid in college, am a homeowner, and have money in the bank. My family still thinks I am the wild one.

I do think probably the Playboy thing was enough to have her family judge her as wild. I never posed nude - but I did pose in a bikini and trust me, that earned me the label of wild all by itself. My older sister has taken almost every guy I've ever dated aside and tried to discourage him from having a relationship with me because I'm so "wild and unpredictable." So yeah. Rock on, Jade.

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Love 7

I disagree. I think it's usually done by women. Women are much meaner to each other than men are to women.

I agree that women are usually meaner towards each other, but when it comes to a woman being "mean" towards a prettier woman, it's usually the men who can't wait to jump in defense of said pretty woman by reducing the less pretty woman's feelings and thoughts to mere jealousy. There was definitely some jealousy there with Carly, but that doesn't mean her points about Britt weren't valid. And as much as people are vilifying her, it wasn't her words that took Britt down. Actually I don't think they had much effect at all except by making Chris study Britt's words and actions more carefully. I think it was Ashley I's comment that planted the seed of doubt and it was Britt's totally unnecessary bitch fit over not getting the group date rose that broke the camel's back. It was so out of line and inappropriate, I have no idea why he would've kept her around. When that kind of sense of entitlement rears its ugly head then there's no option but to run. Since when does the order of the roses handed out automatically translate to the order of the contestants in the lead's mind? It would actually make more sense to leave the obvious picks to the rose ceremony. Britt had absolutely no argument. She was playing a role from the moment she stepped out of the limo and obviously couldn't help slipping up in private when the cameras weren't rolling. The last slip-up just happened in front of Chris and there was no coming back from it. She's a lousy actress.

I kind of think Becca might be the next Bachelorette.  I see ABC offering her a lot of money to be the virgin Bachelorette and just think of the crazies coming out for that.  ABC is probably salivating at the thought.  They would just need to convince her to do it.

I don't think she's gonna get chosen.  I think the last two will be Kaitlyn and Whitney.  He has more chemistry with both of them then he does with Becca.  If I'm being honest I'm shocked he kept her over Jade.

I disagree. I think the chemistry with Kaitlyn has been dwindling and their closed-mouth pecks during the HTD were nothing but friendly. The way he was looking at Becca at the end of the family visit, however, rivaled how he was looking at Whitney after the wedding crashing when he was pretty mush wasted. And he wasn't wasted with Becca. I'm intrigued now really. It'll be interesting to see which woman he'll go for, because the relationships are such polar opposites. Whitney seems to be pursuing him while he's pursuing Becca.

Edited by MsPH
  • Love 4
My older sister has taken almost every guy I've ever dated aside and tried to discourage him from having a relationship with me because I'm so "wild and unpredictable."

That's so sad to hear :(

I agree with everything you said.

I don't believe Britt had decided before the show that she would never be in a hometown date.  I think she failed to realize how this process works.  On the group date in South Dakota, the ladies were visibly upset when Chris and Britt disappeared for hours, and then she emerged with the rose.  I have a feeling the producers told him to cool it with her - for now.  Up to that point, Chris had so blatantly favor Britt, that the other ladies felt they didn't stand a chance.  The main job for the Bachelor/ette is to make all the contestants feel as if they are "the one", which is why some of them are so devastated when they are eliminated.   For example, Sean said he knew Catherine was the one very early on, but he didn't want to tip off the other ladies, so he made a point of never giving her the first rose.  I am sure Chris was instructed to give the rose at the skating rink to anyone but Britt.  She on the other hand, was so used to being a special snowflake, that the idea she wasn't number one sent her reeling.   

I believe Kaitlyn and Becca are in the final three by default.  I would bet good money those slots were reserved for Britt and Jade.

• Love 6

I can see the conspiracy theory that Britt was his favorite and he was told to cool it with her so it's not SO obvious. But that's why I'm absolutely dumbfounded how he let her leave altogether! I don't think she committed some unforgiveable sin by reflecting on a sunset and deciding I can live here after all as long as I'm with Chris! And although it was certainly rude of her to ask why he gave the rose to Kaitlyn and put him on the spot that she needs to be #1, if she meant THAT much to him--which I thought she did--then why not talk it through with her like every Bachelor/ette in the history of this show has ever done: Yes, I know this is diffcult, but I really want you here, yadda-yadda. One explanation that I can come up with is that Chris is deeper than he appears--I know, a long strech!--and that MAYBE he realized that he only has a physical connection with Britt as opposed to, say, Whitney with whom he seems to be the most talkative/engaged. Or, I suppose it's possible that if the other women are telling him she's fake, he's probably going to accept that a woman like Britt has NEVER been interested in him before, so maybe she is Wrong Reasons. It just has never worked on this show that a non-favorite can call Wrong Reasons on a favorite and the lead accepts that truth! Hence, I don't think that Britt was actually his favorite. I'm thinking he was obviously taken with her beauty and her "near-sighted octopus in heat" (copyright JudyObscure) act. But eventually he realized there isn't much behind her goo-goo eyes and overly enthusiastic agreement with whatever he says--until she swings the other way and tells him what he's doing "wrong." I get the impression that Farmer Chris likes his women seen but not heard--unless she's making him look better in a crowd, which he seems to keep saying. He's not going to put up with some "mouthy broad" no matter how kissable that mouth is! What he seems to like about both Jade and Becca are how quiet and reserved they are--and that's why he dumped Jade as soon as she found out that she's a wild mustang in sheep's clothing (or lack thereof). I think Kaitlyn will go next because she's too unpredictable. He's not going to be able to control that one. Becca is so meek that he can probably mold her to be whatever he wants, but I get the impression that she's a little too passive in that she's not going to take the initiative to do anything unless Chris tells her first. I think Whitney is his perfect woman because she can dazzle in a crowd--as Chris was gushing over both at the wedding date and the date with his friends--she is willing to put him on a pedestal and support him as a man, but she's also really proactive, organized, and a go-getter that I can see her being the "perfect" wife and mother. She's going to be the type to actually make things from Pinterest, unlike me who quit after a month when I realized that ain't nobody got time for that! The sad part is that I don't know what HE has to offer HER. She could make a good trophy wife to someone, and Chris Soules is no prize winner!

• Love 8

The Chive did a birthday tribute to Jade around Christmas time, and she still tweets about her "Chive Family", so I'm thinking she doesn't regret her "modeling" career at all. She was still regularly making appearances at Chive events last year.   IMO, the more interesting thing is that there are quite a few pics on her twitter of women wearing "Naturally Jade" lipstick (Pink Wisteria) that looks a whole lot like the heinous pink some of the girls are wearing in the show.   Remember they listed her job as "Cosmetics Developer".  I'm thinking this was just a way to promote her modeling and lip gloss, and if she ended up the Bachelorette, all the better.  If that is in fact her stuff the girls are wearing, she'll have tons of pics (and probably supportive tweets, since she seemed to get along well with the girls) to promote it (though it's funny everyone seems to universally hate the obnoxious pink).  In that light, I could see her family's response being more of an eye-roll knowing that this was just another of her schemes rather than a search for love. (the elusive "right reasons.")  Look how much traffic her pics on both the Playboy and Chive sites have gotten- I guarantee both will be happy to have her back now.

• Love 4

Chris doesn't strike me as a dumb guy.  I think he knows that a girl like Britt would never be interested in him outside of this setting.  Plus, the fact that his sisters didn't pick her for the Cinderalla date and Ashley I's comment probably gave him pause. 

• Love 4

Maybe I'm drinking the kool-aid, but I actually thought Britt's explanation (though wholeheartedly over the top) about how she felt about Arlington was plausible, even after he point blank asked her if she lied.  Yeah, she exaggerated and made it seem like she was in love with it from the minute she stepped foot on the soil, but this show kind of grooms the girls for that kind of white lying.  I mean, don't tell me some producer doesn't coach them into screaming and hollering like 16 year olds whenever he walks into a room.  So she made it seem like she was more excited about it, I didn't see it as a reason to kick her off the show.  While I don't think she was the one for him, she shouldn't be too broken hearted by him sending her home, IMO.  

It seemed like he was itching for a reason after she humiliated him on the group date.  Granted, she knew the specifics of how the show worked when she signed up, but so did he.  To expect these women to keep it together while he's dating other women is a tall order.  I totally agree that she's used to being number one and therefore couldn't handle it when she wasn't handed a rose in the beginning, but he's also partly to blame for her feeling like that.  At least in the confines of the show.  If he was told to cool it with her than he could have done it in a less obvious way.  Otherwise, it just looks like he's toying with her emotions.  

To be honest, watching his reaction while she was losing it and then his reaction when he sent her home, it didn't put me on his side at all.  I kind of found myself thinking he was kind of a dick.  She has one meltdown, in a highly stressful and emotionally charged situation, and he can't handle it?  I hope the other 3 were paying attention to that.

And Carly....I really couldn't stand her.  She talked shit about everyone and was so insecure and whiny and I just can't with her.  She was more interested in sizing women up against her then with actually dating or getting to know Chris.  Her crocodile tears about how worried she was that he was being manipulated were hilarious.  When did they ever have some kind of bonding moment where she would be that upset about what he was getting himself into?  She was just pissed Britt was in a better spot than she was.

• Love 7
I get the impression that Farmer Chris likes his women seen but not heard--unless she's making him look better in a crowd, which he seems to keep saying.

Loved your whole post JenE4, but particularly this.  I've never heard a man admit that he wants a woman who can make friends and influence people for him to the extent that Chris does. It's sort of chills me to think of him marrying a woman to use her that way.

• Love 3

Oof. Chris's blog sure seems ineloquent - Kelsey would not be impressed.

If Becca's family is anything like mine, they watch everything you do and judge it. If you are introverted at all, it makes you carefully guard every action you perform in front of them to limit their ammo. I dated someone for three years in college: my parents never met him or heard much about him. They're not bad people, just careless with information that i consider private. I think they clearly demonstrated they're similar in last night's episode.

The idea of a virgin bachelorette in Fleiss's hands is just horrifying enough to be believable. God i hope for Beccas sake that doesnt happen. She seems nice.

I agree with everyone who thinks Britt is used to being the prettiest girl in control of the guys around her. I've seen the dynamic before, and when the facade comes crashing down, it's not pretty. Whether its the head cheerleader getting old, the hot girl whose plainer roomate has a sexier halloween costume, etc, the results aren't pretty.

(edited for punctuation - because apostrophes are nice :) )

Edited by fib
  • Love 9

I can see the conspiracy theory that Britt was his favorite and he was told to cool it with her so it's not SO obvious. But that's why I'm absolutely dumbfounded how he let her leave altogether! I don't think she committed some unforgiveable sin by reflecting on a sunset and deciding I can live here after all as long as I'm with Chris!

I was surprised he was "over her" so quickly but I totally understand if her comments about Arlington and how she looked forward to life there would have done it for him. Does she think he's stupid? He can look around that dead, "going nowhere here" town and know that Britt was lying. Seriously, there's no way that a gorgeous young woman who left her home town to go to become an actress in Los Angeles, is going to look at Arlington (pop: 429, not even a coffee house or diner, much less a theater or club) and think "Wow! As long as the sunsets are this nice, I could have lots of babies and live here forever!"  She was lying about it to his face and at that point, that would probably hurt--and be very disappointing if he'd built up hope that their relationship was real for her, and that she was being honest with him.

I like Carly for cluing him in. As for Becca, she's about as interesting as watching paint dry. In other words, perfect for Chris.

• Love 5

Regarding Chris' chemistry with Kaitlyn - I do think she was one of his frontrunners early on. He seemed really into her during their one-on-one time at the zombie date, and the way he was so ticked off at Britt for criticizing him for giving a group date rose to Kaitlyn on the camping date makes me think she hit a sensitive nerve. I think she's lost ground though...they never seemed to develop a deep connection, but I think he likes her playfulness and honesty. Kaitlyn definitely strikes me as WYSIWYG.

Jade - I don't think Chris was all that bothered (although probably embarrassed) by her nude pics - but I question, and maybe he did, whether that is really in her past. I don't see her as being ready to settle down and have kids. Seems like she still has some wild oats to sow. I don't think she's a bad person and I don't judge her, but I think she has more maturing to do. Chris didn't seem upset at all by Kaitlyn and Ashley I. taking off their bikinis on the camping date (and now that's been seen by the whole world albeit blurred), so I don't think he's uptight about that. 

Becca - I don't think it's weird to be a virgin at her age, I do think it's a bit weird to not have had a serious relationship and so seemingly shy sexually, but some people are more reserved and sheltered, so OK. But why would she come on the Bachelor where you know the guy is dating multiple women, making out with as many as he can and probably having sex with more than one - just seems like a very odd choice for someone in her position. Wouldn't she want someone with similar values? Personally I think she's awesome, she just seems like one of those people you have to spend some time with before they come out of their shell.

Britt - I think she's gorgeous. I also think she's fake. Something about her does not sit right with me. I think she was torn between "winning" and being the next Bachelorette. I think Arlington freaked her out, and she realized Chris was serious about her, so she decided the time was coming to get ready to bail. I have a feeling she would have liked to have made the final 4 or 3, if she could have convinced Chris to keep her that long, meanwhile she would have sown enough doubt that her leaving voluntarily at the point wouldn't have been a huge surprise and would have set her up perfectly for the Bachelorette. But Chris pulled the rug out from under her. We'll see if she goes into "save" mode at the WTA.

Edited by gingerandcloves
  • Love 4

The sad part is that I don't know what HE has to offer HER. She could make a good trophy wife to someone, and Chris Soules is no prize winner!

Really, Whitney, you live in Chicago. WHY do you want to move to Arlington to be with Chris?

I don't think she wants to actually move to Arlington, she wants him to live there and he can commute and visit her in Chicago, which he seems to do regularly anyway since his sister lives in Winnetka. I bet you any money Whitney's life plan is to get Chris to buy a family home in Winnetka (which if you don't know Winnetka it is very very high end, very beautiful old homes and fancy new ones edging Lake Michigan) and have him commute back and forth to IA, and she stays in Chicago, with her job, with her new inherited sister in law, raising the kids in the excellent school district, etc. etc. He may have already indicated to her a willingness to do something like that. In that case Chris would be a perfect husband for her, as he has deep pockets to fund that North Shore lifestyle, and take away the farm he is no better or worse than half the men that she'd probably have to choose from in real life anyway. I can just see them making friends with Jay Cutler and Kristen Cavalerri, who also live in Winnetka, in a little reality tv/famewhore clique.

As for the next Bachelorette, I'd vote No to Becca and Jade, as they don't "sparkle" enough.  Caitlyn is cute and charming, but without a storyline.  I actually LIKE Carly, I think her family is fun and in what universe is she not cute or attractive?  She totally looks exactly like the snobby women in my kid's grammar school that thought they were such hot stuff, only they were all ten to fifteen years older. I take no offense at her talking head takedowns of Britt ...  

Or, they could just skip this season and bring back Claire from Juan Pablo's season. She is awesome and when last seen talking to the raccoon on Bachelor in Paradise I think she stole the show. 

• Love 3

Ok, I heard something like this on the Spoilers thread but I didn't understand.  Someone explain, please?  If you have DUI you can't cross the border?  Like, ever? 

Does that mean that we can kick out Canadians out of our country, like Justin Bieber, who drink and drive in the US?

• Love 2
Or, they could just skip this season and bring back Claire from Juan Pablo's season. She is awesome and when last seen talking to the raccoon on Bachelor in Paradise I think she stole the show.

She would be my vote because she's still more engaging than any of the women this season. Kaitlyn is the only one I can see myself watching a whole season of. Whitney's voice would do me in. Britt's fakeness would exhaust me. Becca is pretty but non-existent to me. Jade would put me to sleep. And Carly, well, maybe if she worked on the eyebrows and the self-esteem but I think as she is, she's too needy, plus it would be, was it Ali, or one of the many Ashley's all over again, where they guys are disappointed because they wanted the "hot" one? Because, she is pretty, but I would not consider Carly hot or sexy. She's more cute, kind of girl next door, but without the sweet innocence that a guy usually looks for in a "cute" non-sexy girl.

I think, even if Kaitlyn isn't ready to settle down, her season would be a lot of fun because she'd be one of the guys. I could actually see her just hanging out at the guys house, chilling and thereby actually getting to know them in a more realistic way than the over the top dates. If I were the B'ette that's what I'd want to do. Just hang out, spend more time with everyone because we are not segregated until cocktail hour.

• Love 2

I guess what bothers me about Becca is there are so many empty blanks about her.  Her bio says she went to Louisiana Tech until 2008.  So she obviously didn't graduate, because nowhere references any degree and if she just turned 26, then she would have gone there when she was maybe 17 & 18 or 18 & 19.  She lives in San Diego and says she stayed when her sister & BIL moved home to Louisiana.  And she's an assistant in a Chiropractic office, a very entry level job for her age.  Is that all she's ever going to be?  And she has 2 tattoos.  That seems kind of a strange thing. She is nice and seems easy going.  But I see zero personality with her. 

And for my view, Carly is as fake as she claims Britt is.  She played nice with Britt to her face, then trashed her behind her back, to the other girls and in talking heads.  She played the whole "Oh Chris, I'm just concerned about YOU being played by Britt" thing.  Bullshit, she was a tattletale.  She had a hard-on for Britt (metaphorically speaking) from the beginning.  She just used "humor" to try & disguise it.  For every slap in the face she aimed at Britt, she patted herself on the back. 

• Love 4

As for the next Bachelorette, they could just skip this season and bring back Claire from Juan Pablo's season. She is awesome and when last seen talking to the raccoon on Bachelor in Paradise I think she stole the show. 

I think I would enjoy seeing Claire handing out the roses.  However, with the exception of Trista, the lady who finished second has never been chosen to be The Bachelorette.  So far, we've had winners of The Bachelor (Jen, Emily and technically DeAnna), ladies that finish third (Jillian, Ashley and Andi) and fourth (Meredith, Ali and Desiree).  Go figure! 

When Jade was talking with her dad on the couch and he started to become emotional did she call him 'honey?' Thought she said something like, 'oh honey it's ok.' Or 'honey don't cry.' I've never heard someone call a dad 'honey.' And as someone else mentioned I found her dad a little creepy.

What does ITM mean? I think I've asked before so my apologies for my short-term memory.

I visited Maine a few years back and wanted to go white water rafting. We stayed in the outskirts of a small town, and found a huge room with a Jacuzzi for a small amount, and were shocked to see how large the room was for the price. In the evening we drove around and realized that we were the only ones on the road for miles around. The next morning we had a nice buffet breakfast for only $2!!! After living in NY, it was such luxury and I could not even imagine that the $2 would make the restaurant a profit!! Arlington reminds me of that town. There was nothing to do, the weather was too bad to go rafting, so we went back to Acadia national park and spent the rest of the days there. I can't believe such ghost towns exist, there is absolutely nothing to do! You would really have to love the guy or like that life to move there, clearly not for anyone on The Bachelor.

So many women here are fake - Britt, Kelsey, and Whitney. I find Whitney really fake with her over the top excitement at taking photos everywhere to replicate the art gallery they visited. I just find her too much in general, just too over the top excited. She does come across as mature in that she doesn't get too involved in the general bitchiness but it could just be the editing. Her telling her sister that if Chris doesn't pick her due to the sister was too much, because if Chris really cared for her the sister would not be able to dissuade him. She was trying to tell her sister that it would be on her if Chris rejected her, which is absurd, and I could imagine Whitney using it against her sister for years! Someone above said rightly that Whitney is treating it like a job interview. Chris is so boring. I just don't think it is a good idea for someone to leave her friends, family, and job behind to be with a guy, who is rich, but is fine with taking a backseat and doing nothing much, and has nothing much to offer other than money. I know I would die of boredom in the town and resent the guy forever.

• Love 2

I would imagine that those long flat roads are perfect for marathon training.  Or bicycling.  I used to live in a "there's nothing to do here" town of 250.  The internet, Kindle, and satellite t.v. make just about any place livable.  The only difference is how far you have to go to get a pizza or a burger.

• Love 5
What does ITM mean?

ITM means "in the moment," the type of interview where Chris or one of the women is seen talking to the camera about their thoughts/feelings at that moment, in the middle of whatever activity is happening. During the zombie group date, when Ashley S. went super-crazy, she was seen walking over and interrupting Chris while he was taping an ITM, and they showed two different camera angles...one on Chris, and one of Ashley and Chris. Very meta, breaking the fourth wall.

Because of their immediacy, they present ITMs as if they are more authentic than THs -- talking head interviews where the producers might sit a woman down for 30 minutes at a time, twice a day to tape her thoughts on 20 different topics, then pull sound bites as needed for the actual broadcast.

However, there are a lot of situations where it seems implausible/contrived that Chris or one of the women would literally stop what they're doing to tape an ITM. For example, Chris Harrison announces there will no be cocktail party, and they're going immediately to the rose ceremony...except three of the women have enough free time to apparently tape ITMs between that moment and the rose ceremony. The Bachelor is best enjoyed if you turn off your brain. :-)

Edited by PhilW
  • Love 4

Kaitlyn definitely strikes me as WYSIWYG.

??? Who You See In Walmart Yodeling Greensleeves ??? I've got nothing. {Shrugs} If that's the correct acronym, then, yeah, i could see them doing stupid stuff in public to try to recapture the spark of their "zany" Costco date. But WYSIWYG would be just a normal Wednesday night for Pomegranate Ashley. I presume you'll fill me in on what that acronym actually means, though. Edited by JenE4
  • Love 3

I think it is unfair to hint or conclude that someone is homosexual or asexual when they are on a show centered around the goal of forming a heterosexual relationship.

As the person, the only person, who hinted that Becca might be asexual, I have to defend this a little bit.

First of all, I don't think being asexual (or homosexual) is a bad, or abnormal thing. In fact, without going too far out into left field I think such people might be a little bit ahead in the evolutionary scale in an over-populated world.

I didn't base this speculation on anything her family said, but on her own remarks about not knowing what it felt like to be in love and thinking that maybe the "butterflies," she had on her Ferris wheel date might be love (?) and most of all, four years stringing along some poor guy and never really "feeling" anything. I have total respect for people who take their time in relationships and those who purposely decide to wait for marriage, but Becca didn't say any of that. She said she had never felt that chemistry with anyone, and, while I don't think she is intending to deceive anyone, I think she may not recognize her own true nature. Partly because people in today's world act like suggesting someone might be asexual is the same as suggesting they might be a serial killer.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 5

I'd be a fan of Claire, but only if the raccoon comes along.  That was one of the funniest things that I've seen on the show.

But I don't think that she will be a Bachelorette because the she got the 'mockery' edit on BIP, and she just seems a bit silly.  On the other hand, she hasn't pulled out the dead father DVD yet, so maybe she would be a contender.

• Love 1

She has one meltdown, in a highly stressful and emotionally charged situation, and he can't handle it?  I hope the other 3 were paying attention to that.

It wasn't really one meltdown though, she confronted him before after the camping date, and remember how he just abruptly got up and walked away?  She ticked him off then too. 

The ice rink scene when she went outside with him and told him she loved Arlington, his reaction was like "really"?  You watch this again you can notice his tone is really like GTFO? 

I think he totally had her number all along, but he had physical attraction to her.  I think his experience on the Bachelorette showed him how the fake person comes across behind closed doors to the other people in the house. 

• Love 2

As the person, the only person, who hinted that Becca might be asexual, I have to defend this a little bit.

I'm totally with you.  I didn't get a chance to comment at the time, but I wholeheartedly agree.  Asexuality is simply an aspect of a specific persons makeup.  She may like girls, she may like guys, she may like neither in particular.  None of it really matters to anybody but Becca.

I'm absolutely cool with her asexuality, it's all of the gaps in her past, family commentary and lack of any specific personality that keeps me from wanting to see more of her. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

I would imagine that those long flat roads are perfect for marathon training.  Or bicycling.  I used to live in a "there's nothing to do here" town of 250.  The internet, Kindle, and satellite t.v. make just about any place livable.  The only difference is how far you have to go to get a pizza or a burger.

Plus, for people who work online (like I do), any place works. I live remotely ... I make my own pizza and burgers. But when I get to town, maybe once a month, I have the option of buying a restaurant-made meal.  But I rarely do.

Like THEY say, a place is WHAT YOU MAKE IT.

WYSIWYG

Linky Loo, you obviously are an old(er) computer person!

I didn't base this speculation on anything her family said, but on her own remarks about not knowing what it felt like to be in love and thinking that maybe the "butterflies," she had on her Ferris wheel date might be love (?) and most of all, four years stringing along some poor guy and never really "feeling" anything.

Let's consider THIS: That "poor guy" obviously never made a move on Becca, either. We're here all ranking on her, but what about the duds ... I mean dudes ... she's dated in the past? I thought back about the two guys I mentioned here, that I went out with a lot but never did anything with, including kiss. Was it me? No, them, because neither ever made an attempt at a pass. Maybe they were waiting for me while I was waiting for them. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Both those guys were straight as am I. It's just how it played out for us, and for Becca with her guy(s).

Becca's "butterflies" were most probably producer words fed to her. She needs a hook to stay in this game, after all. Feeling "love" for the first time because of the hot, romantic lead that is Chris (*cough*) is a great story line.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1
After "meeting" Becca's family I can completely understand why she allows them only "need to know" insight to her personal life.

I don't think it's coincidence either that she lives in San Diego, over 1,500 miles away.

I've been seeing things online about Becca having "dated" Dez Duron, who was on The Voice. He's also from Shreveport. Is this the guy she dated for a long time, or someone she just saw casually? Sorry if this is old news.

I don't think it's coincidence either that she lives in San Diego, over 1,500 miles away.

How on earth would her family know what she's doing ... or not doing ... when she lives on the other end of the country from them?

I still think Becca's "Chris is my first love" thing is producer-driven and a bunch of malarky. For what end? Only TPTB know.

Everyone called "BS" on Ashley's virgin status. What about Becca's? Real or Memorex?

Edited by saber5055

I've been seeing things online about Becca having "dated" Dez Duron, who was on The Voice. He's also from Shreveport. Is this the guy she dated for a long time, or someone she just saw casually? Sorry if this is old news.

I'm pretty sure it was him. I mean Becca said on instagram that she never had to introduce him to her family since they grew up together (so they already knew him). I was also watching AfterBuzz TV on Youtube and one of the hosts Danny Hoyt is friends with Becca as well as her ex and he said they're still friends and the ex is a great guy. Apparently they were mostly "on" during that 4-year on-and-off relationship. I actually think that explains in part why Becca's never found a guy she's really into. She wasted 4 years on a guy she really liked as a person but didn't have a spark with, because she probably didn't know better having never been in love. She must've thought it was as good as it gets until she wisened up. I doubt she was looking at other guys in the meantime either, since she seems like a loyal person. Doesn't mean she's asexual.

Edited by MsPH
  • Love 4

I believe Becca's never had sex.   She doesn't seem like the "Me too!" type, trying to get attention for being "unique".  I think Ashley I (whom I actually like) used her status as a hook, but I don't think Becca did.  I think her saying that when Ashley was lamenting was simply in a "No biggie, it's not that unusual, so chill out" kind of admission.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1