Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: SNL 40th Anniversary Special

• Start Topic

To be fair, Tracy almost died.  And SNL typically doesn't do that for people that have a valid reason for missing.  I don't think they did anything for Dana Carvey in 1999, but IMO, they probably tried to avoid a Dana Carvey "tribute" overshadowing Phil Hartman given the timing.

Totally understand here.

Why is Kanye getting a spot on this show?

I think I'll go get my laundry out of the dryer now.

I just did that!  And was afraid I'd miss something.

Timing is everything...

• Love 3

WALKEN! And he only introduced Kanye West? I'm calling fucking bullshit, SNL.

I love Walken but after somnambulating through Peter Pan I'm surprised he's not another person NBC wasn't too thrilled to have in the building.

• Love 1

A lot of time wasted. They haven't shown much from the 90s, which was when I started watching. Would have liked to have seen a lot more Hartman and Jan Hooks. And Dana Carvey and Mike Myers. If I were them I would wonder why I botgered coming.

I've never watched the previous specials, but based on what I've seen tonight not sure I would watch the next one.

• Love 2

I like Kanye's music, I can't help it, I think he's great and I like that his stuff is getting weirder.

morbs, more power to you. He doesn't appeal to me so I can't diss his craft but  brother is annoying. 

I've never watched the previous specials, but based on what I've seen tonight not sure I would watch the next one.

The last two specials were better in showing previous clips. To be fair though, one had only 15 years of footage and the other 25. They also had less live sketches. There was an opening bit and a few bits like Tom Hanks asking questions from the audience and Walken and stands up. I loved that.

Edited by VCRTracking

I like Kanye's music, I can't help it, I think he's great and I like that his stuff is getting weirder.

For me its not about liking Kanye's music or not.  This is an SNL anniversary show so I'd like the musical guests to have something to do with SNL history.  Kanye can perform at the Grammy's if he wants.  He has a comic history there.

• Love 12