Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: Ring on a String

• Start Topic

Now, that would be "gif" that keeps on giving....

And, why, oh why, did he think it was necessary to try to "seal the deal" with Lisa??  Oh, yeah, because Lisa was going to drop everything and run off to the nearest bed, bathroom or behind a tree to hook up with him??  Seriously?? 

I loved Lisa's little snark about not wanting to touch him.

We hear ya, Lisa.  We wouldn't want to touch him, either.

My sister calls him, the Centaur w/o a horse ass.

I love this.

Oh, and Scheana, so glad you put on straps to that crop top for the reception.

And here I was wondering how the girl was going to manage to bust one of her UH-mazing dance moves whilst holding up the top.

Silly me.  Scheana came to the reception prepared.

Now if only she would have done some dancing actually worth watching.  

• Love 4

Sn: why do I remember such information?

Cause maybe like most of us here you have issues. But nowhere in the magnitude of these idiots. I feel better about myself already.

In that vein, seriously considering a petition to keep Kristen on the show. As I said before, Stassi can exit stage left.

• Love 7

Oh, holy shit, is it a sign of end times???

None of us have mentioned the Punches Heard 'Round The World!

Yeah, Busboy was being all sorts of drunk and dickish but, damn, Kristen sure went for the "double tap" pretty fast.

It's like those ultimate warrior moves she pulled during the season opener at Scheana's birthday party.

I can't wait until next week to see if James is walking around holding an ice pack to his jaw like Kristen had to do after Stassi socked her up.

That being said, I gotta give a shout out to Cigarette Sally.  

She really didn't start anything and behaved with appropriate comportment at the wedding and reception.  

Well, except for that "double tap" incident.

I hope she makes up for it next week.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 5

I can't stand Stassi but after the very Scheana-centric episodes of late I feel like she's too annoying to be the lead in this show. Stassi at least had a few funny one liners and relished being the villain. Scheana and her vocal fry I can only tolerate in small doses. I really hope Kristen isn't gone because this group needs her to create the ruckus so they can react to it as a main storyline. I mean, what would this season have been like with no Kristen? 

Scheana kept mentioning that she was the only one there that had a husband as if this was her greatest triumph. I commend our boneheads for not feeling the urge to race down the altar. I don't see the other couples lasting.  

• Love 3

Oh, holy shit, is it a sign of end times???

None of us have mentioned the Punches Heard Around the World.

That being said, I gotta give a shout out to Cigarette Sally.  

She really didn't start anything and behaved with appropriate comportment at the wedding and reception.  

Well, except for that "double tap" incident.

I hope she makes up for it next week.

We can only hope.

• Love 1

I loved Lisa's little snark about not wanting to touch him.

We hear ya, Lisa.  We wouldn't want to touch him, either.

I love this.

Oh, and Scheana, so glad you put on straps to that crop top for the reception.

And here I was wondering how the girl was going to manage to bust one of her UH-mazing dance moves whilst holding up the top.

Silly me.  Scheana came to the reception prepared.

Now if only she would have done some dancing actually worth watching.  

She even made sure she had some "extra room" in the back of her dress for twerking...because "wellllll....that's whaaaaat I dooooo"....(vocal fry). 

I noticed that Shay is not exactly the best the dancer in the room -- he sort of just stood there while she twerked, fist pumped and shook her booty around him....

I can't stand Stassi but after the very Scheana-centric episodes of late I feel like she's too annoying to be the lead in this show. Stassi at least had a few funny one liners and relished being the villain. Scheana and her vocal fry I can only tolerate in small doses. I really hope Kristen isn't gone because this group needs her to create the ruckus so they can react to it as a main storyline. I mean, what would this season have been like with no Kristen? 

Scheana kept mentioning that she was the only one there that had a husband as if this was her greatest triumph. I commend our boneheads for not feeling the urge to race down the altar. I don't see the other couples lasting.  

I noticed that, too.

Not "the man that I love" or anything personal, just that she had a husband and none of her friends did.

Which obviously makes her a superior being.  At least in her mind.

I think Cigarette Sally did phrase this best:  "She's faithful to him...And he kisses her ass, so it works."

Yeah, pretty much sums it up.  Good luck with that, Shay.  

• Love 6

I expected Kristen to bitch-slap James and not actually punch him. I have to say that although I think that physical violence of any type between men and women is reprehensible, I will admit that I'd be very tempted to bitch-slap James at least a dozen times. (or more)

And 'ring on a string'?!! Who does that except high school kids?

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 2

Poor Katie.

She's just such the classic late-20's/longterm-relationship girl, always hoping for that fairytale ending with her long term beau that'll likely never happen---at least not with her and him.

I knew so many of these gals when I was that age, and they always ended these relationships feeling like they wasted precious years on these idiots.

She's been desperately spending her hottest peen-hunting era waiting around for that boytoy schlump Tom to finally put a ring on it because he's pretty and puts up with her and they've been living together for too long---but it's time for him to either shit or get off the pot.

And it's time for her to either help that sitch happen or pack up and move on already. If marriage/motherhood is that important to her, it's best to cut her losses now and leave herself open quicker to finding a better catch while she's still young and viable enough to land a decent guy in LA.

I've known mealy-mouthed prettyboys like Tom Schwartz, and those fools will keep their women waiting 6-10 or more years before they even consider making a marital move!

And LA is crawling with these types of guys, unfortunately.

Why would these guys even *want* to settle down?

They're pretty, they're uneducated food service workers looking for entertainment gigs, and they can get laid on the DL anytime they want(provided that they're smart enough to not disclose these adventures to Jax).

I honestly think this is a case of the "just not that into you" theory---if a guy truly loves you and wants to create a married life with you, he's not gonna make you beg, plead and cry for it...or waste his time/energy giving you an embarrassing "ring on a string" like you two are still in high school or something.

Grow up, Schwartz. Or better yet, be a man for once and cut the ring string so you and Katie can find the potential partners you're truly meant to spend your lives loving.

I never thought I'd ever say it, but Scheana's proven to be the smartest Sur worker on this entire show.

She's gotten her music promoted thanks to this show, got her wedding and random injuries paid for, and most of all, she was smart enough to realize that you do *not* shack up with your co-workers if you're looking for solid and healthy marriage/relationship material, especially when you work at a Eurotrashy LA bar filled with douchey prettyboys!

As for Stassi, she's still a hateful shrew who sabotaged her own former potential on this show and in Vanderpump's posh scene.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 8

SURver Kristina has no business snarking on anyone's attire while wearing that hat.

I have to believe that all this crap about Scheena paying for the wedding with a settlement over her teeth is total and utter BS.  I suffered an injury that required surgery (not oral), had me in PT for over 4 years, and left me with limited range of motion and chronic pain.  After medical bills, legal fees, etc. my settlement wouldn't have paid for that wedding.  Not even close.

Scheena is right, her and Shay jumping around waving their hands in the air wouldn't have made sense at any other point in that song and the wedding would have been ruined.  I loved all the guests' faces when she started twerking during the first dance.  I'm surprised the first dance song wasn't one of hers.

Kristin fucking nailed DJ Baby Muppet.  He was in her face and volatile, but I think she was out of line resorting to violence. 

I liked Arianna talking sense to Scheena.  She was 100% correct.  I've been in a few weddings and I'm so glad none of the brides were bridezillas like Scheena.  

Peter needs to just realize that Vail is a tease and possible an attention whore.  

Carmen is my new favorite.  I loved how she shut Jax down.  

Scheena didn't even know about James and Kristin fighting until he told her, so obviously it ruined her wedding.  Just like all the music miscues.

Was one of the guests sleeping on the ground outside by the fountain the next morning?

Did you guys hear, Scheena has a husband?

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 4
Btw, does anyone know -- is 3 thou a very teeny amount to pay for a wedding planner?

Was she supposed to be a full on planner or just a "day of coordinator"?  I'm planning a wedding in LA right now and 3K is a about right for a 'day of coordinator' from what I've seen but it would be super low for an all-out planner.

But whatever, Scheana's flower budget is apparently my Entire wedding budget ... There's no way she paid for all of it. That said, I liked looking at the wedding!

Also it was ridic how that 'planner' didn't seem to have discussed anything with her ahead of time. 

Edited by sandwoman

Poor Katie.

She's just such the classic late-20's/longterm-relationship girl, always hoping for that fairytale ending with her long term beau that'll likely never happen---at least not with her and him.

I knew so many of these gals when I was that age, and they always ended these relationships feeling like they wasted precious years on these idiots.

She's been desperately spending her hottest peen-hunting era waiting around for that boytoy schlump Tom to finally put a ring on it because he's pretty and puts up with her and they've been living together for too long---but it's time for him to either shit or get off the pot.

And it's time for her to either help that sitch happen or pack up and move on already. If marriage/motherhood is that important to her, it's best to cut her losses now and leave herself open quicker to finding a better catch while she's still young and viable enough to land a decent guy in LA.

I've known mealy-mouthed prettyboys like Tom Schwartz, and those fools will keep their women waiting 6-10 or more years before they even consider making a marital move!

And LA is crawling with these types of guys, unfortunately.

Why would these guys even *want* to settle down?

They're pretty, they're uneducated food service workers looking for entertainment gigs, and they can get laid on the DL anytime they want(provided that they're smart enough to not disclose these adventures to Jax).

I honestly think this is a case of the "just not that into you" theory---if a guy truly loves you and wants to create a married life with you, he's not gonna make you beg, plead and cry for it...or waste his time/energy giving you an embarrassing "ring on a string" like you two are still in high school or something.

Great post!  Ya know, I wanna just write Katie off as a loser -- and yet I can't.  I feel sorry for her.  She has some good qualities.  Loyalty for one thing.  She believes in Schwartzie & foolishly thinks he's gonna change.  We know better.  She shoulda broke it off with Schwartz years ago, but she probably thought he'd change.  Maybe she thought at 27, when he was aimless & jobless, it didn't matter so much cuz he was super cute.  OK, so now he's 31, & still aimless & jobless & still super cute.  Um, does it matter so much anymore that he's super cute if he's always gonna be aimless & jobless & indifferent to make a commitment to her?

My theory on Katie is she suffers from very low self-esteem & she gets a kick that she's got a super cute boyfriend to show off -- despite the obvious fact he's mostly a really crap boyfriend.  Best I can say for him is he doesn't beat her, but that's about it.  That ain't great.

Grow up, Schwartz. Or better yet, be a man for once and cut the ring string so you and Katie can find the potential partners you're truly meant to spend your lives loving.

Not gonna happen.  Schwartzie's gonna remain an irresponsible idiot forever.  Hey look, Katie stood up for herself to Stassi.  She has to do the same with Schwartz & stop being a doormat & a perennial victim for shit's sake.

Kristin fucking nailed DJ Baby Muppet.  He was in her face and volatile, but I think she was out of line resorting to violence.

Honestly, I really didn't enjoy watching that.  It wasn't the same as Stassi's "baby slap" to her last season.  She really slammed James.  Far as I'm concerned it was abusive.  And legally, it could be seen an assault.  Well, as long as Kristen is still with James & she remains friendly with at least some of them, she can keep a connection with the show.  But Stassi's ONLY connection is Kristina.  And who gives a fuck about Kristina?  She's humorless & charmless.  Feh.  

I'm still baffled why Stassi would turn her back on being the star of a hit show on national TV.  It's a decision she'll regret for the rest of her life cuz she stupidly doesn't realize this is an opportunity which comes once in a lifetime -- if at all.  Maybe Vail should advise her -- as she blew her opportunity -- literally up her nose.

Btw, the food at the reception didn't look like anything much -- very unimpressive.  Guess Scheana wanted to "spend" more on flowers & booze?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3
Was she supposed to be a full on planner or just a "day of coordinator"?  I'm planning a wedding in LA right now and 3K is a about right for a 'day of coordinator' from what I've seen but it would be super low for an all-out planner.

But whatever, Scheana's flower budget is apparently my Entire wedding budget ... There's no way she paid for all of it. That said, I liked looking at the wedding!

Are you getting any ideas from it?  The setting was gorgeous.  Tamra's wedding looked like it could have taken place at any ho-hum high-end hotel joint in SoCal.  But this setting was so unique & stunning.  I gotta hand it to Scheana that she found somewhere so different & special.  The tables & the lighting also looked beautiful.  The only thing I didn't care for about it was the food.  That buffet looked sorta blah to me.  But clearly she wanted to blow her budget on booze.  Not me.  I'd be goin' for great food -- which would actually be served by servers on plates.  Buffet style seems icky to me -- especially at such an otherwise beautiful wedding.

• Love 2

The only thing I took away from this episode tonight is to keep on exercising so I don't have to wear a plus size dress to my son's wedding.  And no crop tops and/or bondage dress.  And jeezus no to whatever Cig Sally was wearing.

Does Pumpmystomach have stock in Uber?  Nice plug.

Speaking of plugs, can't Ken go anywhere without the sexy Jiggy?  I heard coyotes.  Oh wait, that was the trainer.

Let Jax eat anything off the floor or in the fountain.  It's just like break time with the server gals at Sur.

I don't care if you are my dear loving sister.  I'm not waking up to clean anything.  I'll be *sick* until check out time and still slip a $20 for another hour - "do the other rooms first ;)"

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1

I'd sign any petition that keeps Kristen on the show.  She and Scheanna are the only two who are remotely interesting. 

I haven't missed Stassi in the thick of the story line even a smidge.  Good riddance.

• Love 6

scheana SUCKS

That was some of the most unlikable behaviour I've ever watched on television.

I love that the first dance is her twerking.  What a piece of shit.  I give this marriage ten minutes.  Shay already wanted to kill himself when he woke up with a camera in his face and scheana vocal-frying to that camera about cleaning and money. 

• Love 3

How could Katie resist the lure of the rose gold ring on a string combined with her man telling her she looked "hot-ish"? At first he said she looked hot, she said thanks and the he changed it to hot-ish, according to my closed captioning. I have to watch these chucklefucks with subtitles.

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 3

Damn, I want to start taking Muay Thai. Kristen kicked FI (earlier in the season) and James' asses like they were errant eyelashes.

I slept through WWHL but I hope Schwartz got the Jackhole award for giving his long term girlfriend a promise ring at somebody else's wedding.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3

It's possible he may have said "hot as shit." CC isn't always that accurate.

Normally I don't condone violence but I think James had it coming here. Ironically Kristen of all people was being the responsible one, telling him repeatedly to have some water. He didn't. Then she tells him she's leaving and he follows her instead of just letting her go. He starts blathering about something that didn't/wasn't happening. He starts getting in her face and she repeatedly tells him to get away from her. Then he grabs her. At that point, she has the right to punch/slap him. No woman likes being grabbed by a drunk man. I don't blame Kristen at all for that one. If James had stayed at the table, none of that would have happened.

With all the money spent on the wedding, Scheana really should have invested in a clean up crew. Pretty tacky to have to pick up your own wedding. Also I thought the buffet was tacky and out of place. I expected the usual beef/chicken/fish served by waiters on plates. But it's Scheana after all. I guess a few things here and there have to be tacky. That first dance? Awkward. That being said, I think and hope the Shays will last. Certainly longer than any of the other couples. Ariana and Tom = Kristen's barf face. Good thing she wasn't around for that whole nauseating exchange.

• Love 4

Was the wedding coordinator an extra? She seemed lost and worthless. I did feel bad for Bridzilla that the coordinator wasn't "in charge." In the end I wouldn't have paid her she did nothing but clean the tables at the end of the day.

Another thing I noticed is that Lisa and Ken seemed to know a lot of people at the wedding like it was a corporate affair. What do Shay's parents do for a living? Some folks were Lisa's business partners and the others seemed to be people that all knew each other. 

I agree with all the posts I read but I think Stassi needs to stay and come back stronger than ever. If they get rid of Cig Sally then who will we snark on?

There could be other story lines for next season like:

Will Schwartz finally propose to Katie? If not, will Katie finally dump him?

Will Tom and Ariana be next to tie the knot? Or will all the drama cause a breakup?

What's next for the Shays? A baby on the way? Will Scheana learn to twerk in a maternity gown?

Will Vail continue to flirt with Peter? Will they become SUR's next couple?

Who is the next to girl to get Jaxed?

I loved Kristen walking up to Lisa and thinking she could be all cool and call her out because she doesn't work for her anymore. "You never liked me", "Our personal relationships aren't really your business". Bitch, when people are having sex in the bathroom and fighting in the parking lot, you're MAKING it her business. Kristen is really so delusional. 

FTR, I think James was acting a bit of a drunken fool, but I'm still on his side. Yes, I have to pick sides. This is Vanderpump Rules! It's like a spectator sport. No, but seriously, Kristen has been fucking with his head for months now. All this obsessing about Tom and talking to him behind James's back. And then at the wedding she's totally icing him out. Weddings are a breeding ground for insecurity. If you're in a rocky relationship, don't go to a wedding. It just highlights what's really wrong with YOUR relationship and makes you feel like shit. (Katie, I'll get to you later.) So here's James already feeling insecure about his relationship, and then Kristen's giving him the cold shoulder and staying attached at the hip to her trainer. (Can't really blame her, Trevor is  HOT!) So he got drunk and more drunk and made a fool of himself. 

But the funny thing is, Kristen acting all high and mighty about it. "James, get ahold of yourself. You're so embarrassing" - as if Kristen as never been the drunk fool, following someone around, acting psychotic. Hell, she does is sober! At least James was under the influence. The break-up is really going to be worst for her, because she just cut one more tie to SUR, and the show. 

Scheana can lose me with deciding to act all put out the next morning by their fight. It happened in the parking lot, you knew nothing about it. None of the other guests saw it. It did not effect your wedding in any way, shape, or form. So stop trying to act like a diva and clean up your damn fountain flowers. Shay must be the most chill dude ever to put up with her melodrama. She was treating her reception like it was a broadway play, instead of just an expensive party. Girl, it's okay if not everyone hits their mark at a certain point in the music. NO one cares. Just have fun, damn. 

So, Schwartz's anti-proposal was ten shades of uncomfortable. He's a sweetheart, but honestly....it would have been better if he gave nothing at all. You start making speeches and pulling out boxes at a wedding, most girls are going to think they're getting a proposal. Not a ring on a string...er, gold chain. Katie could have been more gracious, but like I said - weddings do things to your emotions. And I agree with Lisa. After this long, if he cannot commit, maybe she needs to just cut and run. 

Jax was creeping me out big time last night. The way he was behaving towards Carmen felt very aggressive and intrusive. At one point he was grabbing her face and getting right up in it, like he was going to kiss her. And her body language clearly said - stay away. It really skeeved me out. I wouldn't be surprised if he has had boundary issues in the past. Girls, stay away!

Stassi looked soooo pathetic in this episode. I didn't like Scheana's dress, but it wasn't the WORST dress ever. Not by far. Stassi is just jealous that Scheana was married before she was. And her boyfriend won't even film with her. Mmmmhmmm. 

• Love 11

Scheana is obnoxious. Her ridiculously long lecture to her adult guests about no drinks on the dance floor should've been given by the DJ or someone else. I thought that she'd say she's fallen on a wet floor so she wants everyone to be safe, but no. She said she's fallen on a wet floor and SHE doesn't want to fall again.

Yeah I gagged at Tom and Ariana's smug love fest too.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 9

Scheana is obnoxious. Her ridiculously long lecture to her adult guests about no drinks on the dance floor should've been given by the DJ or someone else. I thought that she'd say she's fallen on a wet floor so she wants everyone to be safe, but no. She said she's fallen on a wet floor and SHE doesn't want to fall again.

Yeah I gagged at Tom and Ariana's smug love fest too.

Yes to all of this. "You guuuyyyzzze Iiiiiii have just had like a bad experience? With drinksss on the dance floor and I know we're all adults and I shouldn't have to say this? But Iiiiiii don't want to fall again, so....." I'm just here on my couch like, "Punch her, Kristen."

Scheana's blog takes a similar tone in that she calls Kristen trash for behaving like that "at a wedding". She has never seen anyone else behave like that "at a wedding". Not "in life". Scheana's wedding is the new Stassi's birthday.

Meanwhile, there's no mention of James' loud slut shaming and emotional abuse AT A WEDDING (not that it eclipses Kristen's physical abuse, but he was no shining star that night and as usual Kristen gets 100% of the animosity from the cast).

• Love 6

I noticed that Shay is not exactly the best the dancer in the room -- he sort of just stood there while she twerked, fist pumped and shook her booty around him....

Not to mention that it looked like he either tripped or drunkenly stumbled as they made their grand entrance at the reception.

• Love 3

Though it probably shouldn't, Kristen smacking Muppet surprises me a little. I wonder if she hits him hard enough to uncross his eyes?

I wish James would press charges against Kristen.  He lightly touched her elbow and did not deserve to be punched in the face.  She's a maniac and James is actually a nice person.

• Love 3

Scheana might of thought her wedding/reception was ruined but it looked by far a lot better than the one which I was a bridesmaid this summer.

Chalk up broken AC, no servers/waitstaff/bartender (just me and the MOH serving food and drinks in our wedding attire-I did not know I would be doing this until the day of),  5 minutes to get ready (as we had to decorate the hall-as I did not know this until the day of) and a creepy ex brother in law that would not leave me alone and this event is firmly in my mind as the worst reception ever. 

I am so jealous and I would not have mind cleaning up the next day.

• Love 1

Kristin fucking nailed DJ Baby Muppet. He was in her face and volatile, but I think she was out of line resorting to violence.

I didn't mind James' drunken rants too much. They salways say that a drink person says what a sober person only thinks and I think this was just the culmination Of a season's worth of James' pent up frustration over Kristen and her bunny-boiling all-things-Tom obsession. Although I abhor resorting to violence in any way I wish the slap heard round the world was the other way around. (Not serious of course. )

• Love 1

YES! FI and his beard and their phoney baloney relationship are just so cringe-inducing!

This. They are really trying too hard. Every time I see them together I am more convinced Tom is straight out gay as opposed to bi. 

They generate as much heat as Ken and Jiggy. 

• Love 2
Why are we assuming that Sheana put this together an paid for it rather than it being a show produced event?

Because there's no way Bravo would pay for and plan a wedding. Scheana was probably able to use the show to barter some things for the wedding--like the candy and the flowers, since she was filmed at those shops--but Bravo isn't interested in doing more than that. Truly, it would be better for Bravo if Scheana's wedding were a trashy mess. They aren't going to help her make it nice.

• Love 5

Moses smell the roses! That first dance with Scheana's twerking and the Elaine Benes-like s****** convulsing whilst the groom just stood there awkwardly sweating and praying for the song to end was 5 BILLION shades of awkward.  And I loved every second of it.

So I was wrong about Schwartz proposing to Katie at the wedding.  But I still think a proposal is coming, mostly because Katie has been photographed wearing an engagement ring.  We'll see!

Was she supposed to be a full on planner or just a "day of coordinator"?  I'm planning a wedding in LA right now and 3K is a about right for a 'day of coordinator' from what I've seen but it would be super low for an all-out planner

According to Scheanna's Bravo blog last week, she was a full-on planner.  She talked about how the coordinator was on top of everything in the weeks/months leading up to the wedding, but then dropped the ball the day of.  Errr something like that. 

Great post!  Ya know, I wanna just write Katie off as a loser -- and yet I can't.  I feel sorry for her.  She has some good qualities.  Loyalty for one thing.  She believes in Schwartzie & foolishly thinks he's gonna change.  We know better.  She shoulda broke it off with Schwartz years ago, but she probably thought he'd change.  Maybe she thought at 27, when he was aimless & jobless, it didn't matter so much cuz he was super cute.  OK, so now he's 31, & still aimless & jobless & still super cute.  Um, does it matter so much anymore that he's super cute if he's always gonna be aimless & jobless & indifferent to make a commitment to her?

My theory on Katie is she suffers from very low self-esteem & she gets a kick that she's got a super cute boyfriend to show off -- despite the obvious fact he's mostly a really crap boyfriend.  Best I can say for him is he doesn't beat her, but that's about it.  That ain't great.

Not gonna happen.  Schwartzie's gonna remain an irresponsible idiot forever.  Hey look, Katie stood up for herself to Stassi.  She has to do the same with Schwartz & stop being a doormat & a perennial victim for shit's sake.

Honestly, I really didn't enjoy watching that.  It wasn't the same as Stassi's "baby slap" to her last season.  She really slammed James.  Far as I'm concerned it was abusive.  And legally, it could be seen an assault.  Well, as long as Kristen is still with James & she remains friendly with at least some of them, she can keep a connection with the show.  But Stassi's ONLY connection is Kristina.  And who gives a fuck about Kristina?  She's humorless & charmless.  Feh.  

I'm still baffled why Stassi would turn her back on being the star of a hit show on national TV.  It's a decision she'll regret for the rest of her life cuz she stupidly doesn't realize this is an opportunity which comes once in a lifetime -- if at all.  Maybe Vail should advise her -- as she blew her opportunity -- literally up her nose.

Btw, the food at the reception didn't look like anything much -- very unimpressive.  Guess Scheana wanted to "spend" more on flowers & booze?

I feel for Katie. I also knew plenty of girls like her in my twenties, Hell i knew a few in my 40's. I am not sure which is sadder. I just hope, despite the speculation, she is not pregnant.  She is a pretty girl, seems basically sweet and could, without a doubt, do so much better.

Right now he is a pretty loser. As he ages he'll lose some of the pretty, but the loser will always be there. 

She wants nothing more than to marry him, but the fact is, he is doing her a major favor by not giving in to it. Now, if she would just run, because if she gets what she thinks she want's she is going to be supporting his lazy ass forever, while he cheats on her and drifts from one "fun" job to another, when he "feels" like it, and isn't too stressed out (because BARTENDING ONE NIGHT is too much for him).

I hope, for Katies sake, she does not get what she wants.

I have to assume this is Stassi's last season, which is fine by me, but I have to say that I think a few episodes back she sort of jumped the Shark for me. She went from being detestable, to being just pretty sad. Hanging out with that horrible chick and snarking on a wedding she wasn't invited to is just,well, sad. Jeez, just being reduced to hanging out with that horrible chick is sad enough and, considering Stassi's former circle of BFF's, we all know the bar just wasnt that high.

• Love 3

I've always known that this show, and all of the so-called 'reality' shows for that matter, are scripted and contrived. Vanderpump Rules, more than any of the others, is just ten times more obvious. Unlike the Real Housewives of Anywhere, this cast is a lot younger and subsequently they have a lot less experience acting than the older and more experienced actors in the other franchises. I DVR episodes of Vanderpump Rules just so that I can make the decision as to whether I'll watch or fast forward to the 'juicy parts' of each episode. I can also freeze any scene and play it in slow motion frame by frame when I see something that's especially transparent as far as being scripted. I saw quite a few of these scenes in the wedding episode. Let's face it, these younger people in the cast just don't have the skills to pull off one full episode of truly credible acting. It's only our wishes for it to be genuine that makes it so.

There was a quick scene of people dancing and James and Kristen could be seen in the shot but James was just standing still like a mannequin as Kristen laughed and talked to someone in front of her. I could see James look towards the camera as if waiting for his cue and once he got the go-ahead from the director he snapped into a different mode of animation and reached to Kristen and held her around her waist. His face went from serious to instant smile.

The 30 year old actor, Peter Madrigal wears many hats. He's a model, producer, manager, and director of a few short films. Peter is also the producer and director of Vanderpump Rules. I like Peter personally but the thought hasn't escaped me that Peter has never been involved in the drama or controversy of the show. It makes sense since he produces it and can be whatever he chooses to be. Peter has also made the appeal to Bravo on behalf of the entire cast that their salaries be increased from $5,000 per episode to $10,000.

tumblr_m4wxkzpsJP1rq5txbo1_400.gif

Edited by HumblePi

Peter was on a VR podcast (http://www.pumpedpodcast.com/blog/2015/2/2/pumped-episode-12-pancakes-pete-a-ritas-with-peter-madrigal) a few weeks ago and he came across as obliviously negative about everything (granted he's joking, but still the first 10 minutes he spends trashing a breakfast place in LA, and then waffles, and then breakfast as a whole, I highly recommend it.) In general he seemed like kind of a self-important dork. Like, he talks about how he purposely made his room look like a mess and left magnum condoms sitting out and is clearly very pleased about it. So, I'm surprised to hear he's that involved in production. He describes his professional experience in the same way as everyone else, like he's the very serious actor involved in amazing films like Critters versus Ninjas 14. I just made that up, but you get the idea.

• Love 3

I can also freeze any scene and play it in slow motion frame by frame when I see something that's especially transparent as far as being scripted.

One scene in particular was Lisa walking by stumbling across Katie sitting alone and upset. It reeked of a "very special" episode of Webster starring Lisa as Mrs. Papadopoulous.

• Love 10

Scheanna went from Eddie Cibrian to Shey (sp?).

It doesn't add up. (arguably) Eddie is good looking, buff, a reasonably successful Hollywood actor, and he took Scheanna on trips and bought her shiny things (if I recall correctly from RHBH during Brandi's early time on the show).

She was a player as much as Eddie was.  Now she's married to an average, out of shape, music producer wannabe.

A nice guy won't go long for someone who aspires to fame and fortune. 

• Love 2

It doesn't add up. (arguably) Eddie is good looking, buff, a reasonably successful Hollywood actor, and he took Scheanna on trips and bought her shiny things (if I recall correctly from RHBH during Brandi's early time on the show).

She was a player as much as Eddie was.  Now she's married to an average, out of shape, music producer wannabe.

Hell, I spent 2 seasons thinking that idiot Schwartz was a nice, relatively normal, sensible guy.

Then Bravo expanded his role and allowed him to actually speak at length.

So much for that delusion.  He's as dim (maybe even dimmer) than the rest of them.

If Shay gets more screen time next season, we may find it's the same with him.

Schwartz reminds me of that old expression, "It's better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt," or however it goes.

And, honestly, Lisa STFU with that bullshit about Scheana putting together a princess' wedding on a waitress' salary.

Several references have been made that this shindig was financed by a settlement Scheana received for one of her mishaps that resulted in physical injury.  A settlement which, if I'm reading between the lines accurately, was about $100,000.  

That settlement was not part of her waitress salary.

Now I'm off to go take a mini-vacation by gazing into Mr. Persnickety's eyes.

I think it will take me to the corner store, so I won't be gone long.

Fuckin' FI Tom.  I'm still gagging about that shit today.  

• Love 10

Oh, but I am!  

BH, Jersey and NYC (wow, that was unexpectedly depressing)

Feel better about your sad ole self when I admit to watching them ALL.  Every fucking episode.  I have yet to draw a warm bath and introduce my wrists to a straight-razor, but only because I don't have an heir to feed the critters.  Feeling better about yourself, now?  :-)

Now I'm off to go take a mini-vacation by gazing into Mr. Persnickety's eyes.

I think it will take me to the corner store, so I won't be gone long.

Fuckin' FI Tom.  I'm still gagging about that shit today.  

Bring me back a pack o' smokes and a six pack o'beer (if the corner store doesn't sell pints, er, gallons, of vodka), would'ja?  Not enough cigs & booze in the world to get over the FI Tomgaggery.

And yet, I wait for another Monday ...

• Love 5

I take it you are not a HoWives viewer?

Or 90 Day Fiance?

Or Jersey Shore?

Or Basketball Wives?

I disagree to an extent. Honestly, people do change a lot from their early 20s to late 20s and so on. And even if she really does ONLY want fame/fortune, well, he is a music producer (or something?) so he fits into her lifestyle in that capacity.  

And I don't think he was as out of shape when they got together.  On the Bravo website, they had a "Scheanna and Shay through the years" photo montage, and he appeared to be significantly thinner in a number of the shots. 

• Love 1

Or 90 Day Fiance?

Or Jersey Shore?

Or Basketball Wives?

I disagree to an extent. Honestly, people do change a lot from their early 20s to late 20s and so on. And even if she really does ONLY want fame/fortune, well, he is a music producer (or something?) so he fits into her lifestyle in that capacity.  

And I don't think he was as out of shape when they got together.  On the Bravo website, they had a "Scheanna and Shay through the years" photo montage, and he appeared to be significantly thinner in a number of the shots.

I thought he looked like he had dropped a few pounds for the wedding as well.

Of course, compared to the manorexic-looking FI Tom and Schwartz, most guys would look heavier than they actually are.  

Feel better about your sad ole self when I admit to watching them ALL.  Every fucking episode.  I have yet to draw a warm bath and introduce my wrists to a straight-razor, but only because I don't have an heir to feed the critters.  Feeling better about yourself, now?  :-)

Bring me back a pack o' smokes and a six pack o'beer (if the corner store doesn't sell pints, er, gallons, of vodka), would'ja?  Not enough cigs & booze in the world to get over the FI Tomgaggery.

And yet, I wait for another Monday ...

Same here, WQ.

I think we only have about 3-4 episodes left, including the reunion.

My Monday nights will be a wasteland of despair after that.  

I'll be bitchier than Kristen in a parking lot being told she's unmanageable and has fucked everyone at SUR when this season wraps up.

Will those smokes be 100s or shorts?  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

scheana SUCKS

That was some of the most unlikable behaviour I've ever watched on television.

I love that the first dance is her twerking.  What a piece of shit.  I give this marriage ten minutes.  Shay already wanted to kill himself when he woke up with a camera in his face and scheana vocal-frying to that camera about cleaning and money. 

I can't help but feel a little bad for Shay, he has no idea what he's in for. Ruff!

man-on-a-leash-5.jpg

• Love 2