Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: Ring on a String

• Start Topic

I have to say the nickname "DJ Muppet Baby" and "DJMB" is just cracking me up! I felt bad for him, but Scheana's little pep talk to him after the wedding was sweet.

I am no fan of the crop top wedding dress. It just wasn't flattering and Scheana is a slim girl. I kept wishing it was one piece. But still, fuck you, Stassi. Hope you enjoyed your lame loser margaritas.

I'm not going to lie, I am team Kristen this week (what is wrong with me??)! James was acting ridiculously drunk. She asked him to get out of her face multiple times... I think she had more patience then I would have! I am NOT condoning violence in any way, shape, or form -- but he even admitted in his talking head that he deserved the slap (was it a punch or a slap? ... still confused). And I rolled my eyes during all of the Ariana and FI scenes. They are WAAAAY too much that their relationship doesn't seem natural.  However, I did like the scene with Scheana and Ariana though, when Ariana was calming Scheana down. They seem like they actually have a genuine friendship, which is difficult on these Bravo shows.

Oh yeah, edited to add that I noticed that ants on the plate shot too. GROSS!!! 

Edited by Elizabeth
  • Love 1

I am in need of a vacay and I'm sure glad to know that all I need to do is look into the Nugget's eyes and viola!  All my problems will be cured.  Thanks, FI, for that Tomfuckery.

I wonder if she can she tell the difference between "let's go on vacation!" and "let's get a breakfast burrito!"

StASSi and Kristina are losers, period.

And it seems she's finally aware of that fact.  When she said it, Kristina gave a look like hmm, yeah, we are losers.  Their only scenes are of themselves, drinking.  

Mexican doesn't seem odd to me as a menu choice in the LA area. It's very ubiquitous around here from my experience. And the buffet doesn't seem strange to me either. (Ahem, I'm going to have a buffet style dinner at my wedding and um, it's still rather pricey). It DOES seem strange to me to have all your friends help you clean up after about 300 people. Like ... just the overall scale of her wedding, it feels like you need to hire a clean-up crew.

I figured the cost of the location includes a clean-up.  Guess not.  Some buffets can be great.  But that buffet looked really meh.  Didn't especially fit with the otherwise elegant vibe of the setting.  But then again, neither did Scheana's twerking & shrieking.  And that the guests had to get up & line up for some ho-hum Mexican?  Feh.  But this crowd clearly didn't care about the food.  They were delirious over the open bar.  Well, I'm a foodie & NOT a boozer, so if I were a guest I'd be annoyed.  Wonder how much of that 100 thou was blown on booze?  Maybe she shoulda moved some dough off the booze budget for a clean-up crew?  Heavens no!  What was I thinkin'?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

^ This. This is what I was trying to say- that buffet in particular looked cheap, even if it wasn't. Having the guests lining up in their tuxedos and dresses like lunchtime at the school cafeteria looked way out of place with how elegant all the rest looked.

Mexican may not be uncommon fare in LA but it's possible some people have an allergy, don't like it, or can't eat it for other types of health reasons. Most Mexican isn't spicy but I have bad acid reflux problems so I'd have to be sure not to eat anything too spicy. Choosing any kind of ethnic food, perhaps with the exception of Italian, for an event with that many people is just kind of a risk, I think. There's bound to be at least 1 guest who can't eat it for whatever reason, or has limited choices.

• Love 1
And with Bravo paying I would have aspired higher and gone for a real fancy sit down dinner. Who has a buffet line at a wedding? Even when we had my kid's communion at a hall we had a sit down dinner. Even family style would have upped the fancy factor.

I haven't been to that many weddings, is that really odd? Both of my sisters had people serve themselves buffet style at their weddings. The food was very nice, the venue was nice (one was a country club), and we all went back to our lovely tables to eat. I assume it's less expensive to have people get their own food, but it didn't feel tacky to me at all. 

• Love 3

^ This. This is what I was trying to say- that buffet in particular looked cheap, even if it wasn't. Having the guests lining up in their tuxedos and dresses like lunchtime at the school cafeteria looked way out of place with how elegant all the rest looked.

Mexican may not be uncommon fare in LA but it's possible some people have an allergy, don't like it, or can't eat it for other types of health reasons. Most Mexican isn't spicy but I have bad acid reflux problems so I'd have to be sure not to eat anything too spicy. Choosing any kind of ethnic food, perhaps with the exception of Italian, for an event with that many people is just kind of a risk, I think. There's bound to be at least 1 guest who can't eat it for whatever reason, or has limited choices.

Any "ethnic" food is a risk? So American, "white" food should be the first choice?

Ultimately, there will always be some guests who are left hungry, with vegetarians and vegans reliably getting the worst of it.

• Love 3

And with Bravo paying I would have aspired higher and gone for a real fancy sit down dinner. Who has a buffet line at a wedding? Even when we had my kid's communion at a hall we had a sit down dinner. Even family style would have upped the fancy factor. 

I prefer buffets, actually, and I don't think that a fancy wedding should render them inappropriate. My friend got married at her in-law's super high end, fancy-pants country club in Naples, FL a few years back and they did a buffet for dinner. And the food was fantastic!

I think it's safe to say that there's bound to be at least one guest who has issues with the food no matter WHAT you serve... Mexican, Italian, the standard sit-down fair, or what-have-you.  You (meaning the people planning the wedding) should be able to serve the kind of food that you like and that you think will make the majority of people happy. 

OMG......I forgot all about the DOLLAR DANCE!!!!  I have never been to a wedding with one, but I think I've seen them on TV - isn't that when the bride and groom dance, and everyone throws dollar bills at them (or pins them to her dress, or something)???

Maybe Schaena was hoping to make enough money from that to pay for a clean-up crew???

OY.  The Dollar Dance.  Those are pretty popular at weddings in the area I grew up, and the area I live now (different parts of PA) and I've always hated them.  I was MOH at my friend's (first) wedding and had to hold that damn bag for what felt like hourrrrsss*

*slight exaggeration

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 3

Were StASSI and her minion looking at the wedding pictures while the wedding was happening, or was it edited to appear to be happening simultaneously? I found it odd that a horde of people would be there posting things to "social media" instead of watching the what was going on around them.

There's bound to be at least 1 guest who can't eat it for whatever reason, or has limited choices.

The plight of just about any vegetarian/vegan at non-buffet receptions.

Do people mention in invitations what type of food, or just "buffet" or sit-down? I feel like, even with all the weddings I've been to, I have never noticed this. With today's food allergies being what they are, maybe people should start doing that (not that the sit-down style ever seems to vary anyway).

Edited by TattleTeeny

I wanted to see silver sequined high-waisted hot pants, silver sequined wedge tennis shoes, and Scheana jumping up on a table top to sing that shit.

I feel so cheated.  

Dammit, we were deprived of that golden (or silvery) hot mess!

I kind of need a FI Tom/Scheana dance-off to happen.

So, I'm surprised to hear he's [Peter] that involved in production.

He's not.

There's been speculation about Katie being pregnant? Oh, lawd. She did look rather fluffy on WWHL a couple of weeks ago.

• Love 2

Were StASSI and her minion looking at the wedding pictures while the wedding was happening, or was it edited to appear to be happening simultaneously? I found it odd that a horde of people would be there posting things to "social media" instead of watching the what was going on around them.

It takes all of maybe 10 seconds to post something on instagram. Plenty of people take pics and post them, or tweet about weddings/receptions. It's not abnormal to even make a cutesy hashtag so later you can find all the candid pics from the wedding.

• Love 1

I figured the cost of the location includes a clean-up.  Guess not.  Some buffets can be great.  But that buffet looked really meh.  Didn't especially fit with the otherwise elegant vibe of the setting.  But then again, neither did Scheana's twerking & shrieking.  And that the guests had get up & line up for some ho-hum Mexican?  Feh. But this crowd clearly didn't care bout the food.  They were delirious over the open bar.  Well, I'm a foodie & NOT a boozer, so if I were a guest I'd be annoyed.  Wonder how much of that 100 thou was blown on booze?  Maybe she shoulda moved some dough off the booze budget for a clean-up crew?  Heavens no!  What was I thinkin'?

I agree, but I also think that if whatever kind of food a bride and groom want, then they should go for it - I just had horror thoughts of waiting on lines for a buffet with 300+ other people!!  What I thought made it worse was the fact that they were serving drinks in low end, cheap plastic cups.  I think I even saw some people drinking out of cans.  I was waiting to see red Solo cups next....and someone setting up a game of beer Pong!   :-)

I don't think there is anything wrong with plastic cups, etc., but Schaena kept going on and on about how elegant this wedding was going to be - not a casual, low key affair, and to me, typical plastic cups that you can buy at the local Dollar Store do not equate elegant.  She could have at least sprung for the plastic cups that look (sort of) like crystal.   

I prefer buffets, actually, and I don't think that a fancy wedding should render them inappropriate. My friend got married at her in-law's super high end, fancy-pants country club in Naples, FL a few years back and they did a buffet for dinner. And the food was fantastic!

I think it's safe to say that there's bound to be at least one guest who has issues with the food no matter WHAT you serve... Mexican, Italian, the standard sit-down fair, or what-have-you.  You (meaning the people planning the wedding) should be able to serve the kind of food that you like and that you think will make the majority of people happy. 

OY.  The Dollar Dance.  Those are pretty popular at weddings in the area I grew up, and the area I live now (different parts of PA) and I've always hated them.  I was MOH at my friend's (first) wedding and had to hold that damn bag for what felt like hourrrrsss*

*slight exaggeration

LOL!!!  I actually thought that Kristen may have taken off with that bag of money, when I saw her carrying a bag in the parking lot waiting for her Uber car.  I then realized that she was probably carrying her shoes, as she appeared to be wearing flat sandals.

• Love 1

You do realize what "horde of people" were at this wedding, right??  Social media famewhores who track down old hook-ups via social media, post photos of their every waking moment, and every other little thing that goes on in their lives so that everyone who follows them can be envious of the wonderful, fabulous lives they live??   LOL

But, in all seriousness, that, unfortunately, seems to be the way of the world now.  Many brides are instituting a "no cell phone" rule at their weddings, and some are now requesting that guests do not post any photos to social media so that they can be the first ones to do so.

• Love 3

How has Jax never been to a wedding? How is that even possible? I would have assumed his first wedding was Henry VIII wedding to Anne Boylen when he and the Lady Kristen were first made into vampires. Maybe he meant that this is his first wedding this century?

Ok James was being a dick, but I think it was one of those long time coming things and Kristen just made it worse by refusing to take him seriously and go the pearl clutching route. Seriously, there are few things in life more frustrating to deal with than the self satisfaction of an established drunk having the off sober night. It is infuriating to have someone who normally ends every party with a long drunk cry tell you to drink more water when you are trying to talk to them!

• Love 3

At 33 minutes into the show, when they show Katie sitting sadly, in the right hand corner above the Bravo logo are dinner plates COVERED in ants.

Ants were really bad in LA last summer.  I think maybe the drought made it worse?  I've never had ants in my house before and I kept getting them in my shower looking for water, in various places from  the dogs leaving kongs around, and I even got them in my car because I left a drink in the cupholder over night.  I didn't even know you could get ants in your car, seriously, WTF.  And these weren't just a few ants, they were crazy ants covering everything infestations.  

• Love 3

Here's a video interview with Tom and Arianna that makes it sound like the wedding planner was actually really shitty.  I guess it was 1am when Scheena was freaking out about nothing being done and the wedding planner just booked it  out there instead of talking to the DJ, although I don't know why Scheena would have waied until 1am to tell her to get shit done.  They also say who the DJ is and talk about the choreography and musical queues.  Arianna also says "Scheena's Mexican," so it sounds like that might have influenced her choosing that style cuisine (not that I'm giving her selection the side-eye, Mexican food is delicious).  They also talk about Kristin hitting Tom in the past and various other things.  

• Love 2

How has Jax never been to a wedding?  I remember going to family weddings as a kid.  

Stassi is just bitter that she didn't get the paid by Bravo wedding.  

The whole cleaning bit I think was just a staged scene for everyone to gather together to rehash the literal Kristen smackdown of James.  (To hire a crew or even a Merry Maids to clean that place up would only have been a couple hundred bucks at most).  Scheana, you laughed about it when James told you.  How in the hell did that ruin any part of your wedding?  You didn't hear or see it, so I doubt any of your guests did either.  

And Kristen decides to enlist Stassi in her plot for Jax to tell the truth.  Honestly, who cares?  Kristen, you cheated.  Your ex cheated, probably.  You're both cheaters, so it wasn't going to last.  Give it a rest already.  I just want to see where they meet and how they fit in the boiling cauldron.  If they fit Miami Girl into the scene, it'd be a modern day re-creation of Macbeth.

Edited by hoosier80
  • Love 2

How has Jax never been to a wedding? How is that even possible? I would have assumed his first wedding was Henry VIII wedding to Anne Boylen when he and the Lady Kristen were first made into vampires. Maybe he meant that this is his first wedding this century?

If you were a male friend of Jax, would you want him at your wedding? He'd probably bang your bride, sister, mom, and grandma. And if you were a female friend, would you want to admit this is the guy you were banging before you grew up and became a real adult?

I liked the venue.  And the flowers.  I'm all about Mexican food. 

Not sure if Schwartz meant to diss Katie with the ring on a string.  I think he thought it was a nice gesture and would buy him some time.  I don't think he thought much past that.

Agree that Scheana should have sprung for a clean up crew.  Also think Scheana likes to complain.  She wakes up and decides she isn't happy because she has to clean (which is on her).  Then when the clean up crew arrives, she decides she didn't wake up happy because Kristen punched James.  Enjoy your day and stop looking for reasons to be unhappy.

So THAT was the special signature dance move Schemer wanted to make at her intriduction?

I might have been zoning out from my workout, but why did Kristen leave with her personal trainer?

Yes, at 26 seconds, Scheana needed to sway her hips and wave her arms in the air.  At 28 seconds, it's fist bump time!

The wedding planner has been on Bravo before. She planned Christine's Sweet 16 on RHoNJ, and she was Tracy's wedding planner on Jerseylicious.

Sn: why do I remember such information?

ETA: Engagement party not wedding

Which one is Christine on RHoNJ?  I stopped watching 2 years ago.

• Love 3

I liked the venue.  And the flowers.  I'm all about Mexican food. 

Not sure if Schwartz meant to diss Katie with the ring on a string.  I think he thought it was a nice gesture and would buy him some time.  I don't think he thought much past that.

Agree that Scheana should have sprung for a clean up crew.  Also think Scheana likes to complain.  She wakes up and decides she isn't happy because she has to clean (which is on her).  Then when the clean up crew arrives, she decides she didn't wake up happy because Kristen punched James.  Enjoy your day and stop looking for reasons to be unhappy.

Yes, at 26 seconds, Scheana needed to sway her hips and wave her arms in the air.  At 28 seconds, it's fist bump time!

Which one is Christine on RHoNJ?  I stopped watching 2 years ago.

Danielle's oldest daughter.

@yourmomiseasy thanks for posting that video! It's super interesting to hear that it was different music irl and other details like that.

Yes, thanks from me too.  Finally hosts that let the guess just talk talk talk.  

Everyone, Sheana's entrance dance was to One Directions "That's What Makes You Beautifu."  Hee.

Hearing that tid bit and listening to Flat Iron Tom and his 'vacay lady' battle each other for air time was just too dang entertaining.

Edited by Lablover27

Yea, I definitely don't think he meant to intentionally diss her. But I agree he didn't think much about it at all....and, at this point in their relationship, he should know her better and be putting more thought into things. 

• Love 1

Yea, I definitely don't think he meant to intentionally diss her. But I agree he didn't think much about it at all....and, at this point in their relationship, he should know her better and be putting more thought into things.

Tom is hot but I don't think he...thinks...about very much...ever. Then again, his blogs are usually perceptive. He just doesn't seem to say much except "bubba" (Katie), "hey friend, he's a little old man" (Gordo), "I panicked" (everyone) and " Jax" (Jax). I'm exaggerating of course but it does seem like he gets stuck on terms of phrase. It was like that with the ring; he kept repeating something vague about commitment and trailing off. Katie is so articulate, too. Weird.

• Love 2

Do people mention in invitations what type of food, or just "buffet" or sit-down? I feel like, even with all the weddings I've been to, I have never noticed this. With today's food allergies being what they are, maybe people should start doing that (not that the sit-down style ever seems to vary anyway).

The ones I havs attended had a check-off box for your choice of entry.

So...as far as I can see, Jax is a lying, cheating, sack of shit....and so is Kristen...those two should hook up...actually...I can see next season of VPR with Kristen somehow finagling her way into/and-or/Lisa softening and giving the bitch another chance at....either Pump or Villa Blanca, with  Pump being the more likely....for, oh say, a probationary period of 6 months - or any time period long enough to get the next season completed.  I can see her hooked up with Jax as they are both of the same gutter mentality and behavior (I mean, did TPTB REALLY expect us to buy Jax's supposed dilemma between 'loyalty' and 'truth'..Seriously?) and would give the show a needed boost of bad guys since stassi-bitch has outlived both her usefulness and whatever teeny bit of popularity she may have had in earlier seasons.  And the Jax/Kristen hookup could play delightful havoc with Katie/Tom, Tom/Ariana & poor little James and whomever he ends up with as his buddy - since I certainly don't see him hooking up romantically with anyone at SUR (or....dare I suggest....FI Tom?)

• Love 1

The promotion at this wedding was unbelievable, from the mention of Uber to the blink-and-you'll miss it shot of the Dylan's Candy Bar tablecloth. I'd be willing to bet Scheana spent a lot less on this than we think, with such product placement.

• Love 2

The most surprising thing to me is she never plugged the location of the wedding.  That place & the setting was freakin' gorgeous.  I assumed Scheana and/or Bravo woulda plugged that joint endlessly.  But I heard & saw no plugs on it all.  Unless there was something & I missed it?

Scheanna went from Eddie Cibrian to Shey (sp?).

It doesn't add up. (arguably) Eddie is good looking, buff, a reasonably successful Hollywood actor, and he took Scheanna on trips and bought her shiny things (if I recall correctly from RHBH during Brandi's early time on the show).

She was a player as much as Eddie was. Now she's married to an average, out of shape, music producer wannabe.

A nice guy won't go long for someone who aspires to fame and fortune.

I agree! I am so perplexed with their relationship. I thought maybe he was from a rich family but looks like that's not the case. He's just a chubby often-crying wannabe music producer. Not at all what I would think Sheana and her loft dreams would choose.

• Love 1

Here's a video interview with Tom and Arianna that makes it sound like the wedding planner was actually really shitty.  I guess it was 1am when Scheena was freaking out about nothing being done and the wedding planner just booked it  out there instead of talking to the DJ, although I don't know why Scheena would have waied until 1am to tell her to get shit done.  They also say who the DJ is and talk about the choreography and musical queues.  Arianna also says "Scheena's Mexican," so it sounds like that might have influenced her choosing that style cuisine (not that I'm giving her selection the side-eye, Mexican food is delicious).  They also talk about Kristin hitting Tom in the past and various other things.  

I saw that! I love the Afterbuzz and Pumped podcasts. I listen to them at the gym on Tuedsay/Wed and save the RHOBH and RHOA podcasts for Thursday/Friday. #noshame

Anyway, what I love is that the VR cast actually join the shows a lot of the time and that Kristen gives zero fucks about sounding crazy. Just admits to seeing Tom and Ariana's old texts and taking screenshots to later use as proof. Also...I'm mean for saying this but whatever, I love that absolutely no one believes that Tom didn't cheat on Ariana. They (including Scheana and Katie) all nod and smile politely and then make a statement to the effect of 'and even if he did, thats your own business'. NO ONE will straight up say they believe Tom.

• Love 1

I agree! I am so perplexed with their relationship. I thought maybe he was from a rich family but looks like that's not the case. He's just a chubby often-crying wannabe music producer. Not at all what I would think Sheana and her loft dreams would choose.

I'm inclined to think Scheena just really wanted to get married and Shay was the first guy that she met in her social scene that looked like he would settle down soon. Some people (men and women) are just like that. They hit a point where they want to get married and get engaged to the next person that comes along.

• Love 2

that rubber chicken and fish they serve can be traumatic. :-D

There was actually a point where my friend-date, with whom I'd attended four of the five weddings, snapped, "We don't care!" when the poor waiter asked which entrees we'd like. To be fair, this was the second wedding of the that day--one that afternoon, and this one at night...both at The Brownstone. We suspect that people thought we were wedding crashers.

Edited by TattleTeeny