Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 02/09/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

I can't stand Whoopi total disregard to US! The viewers! All her "Now, don't be written or tweeting me cause I just don,t care". crap turned me away from her FAST! Now. Ro leaving, (and I wold make a bet it has LOTS to do with this cold hearted greedy bitch), I really don't think I would be able to even watch any of her movies again. I am just so mad, cause I was so happy Ro was back, only to watch this show sink each morning because of poor, lazy planning and production. It had such great potential!

• Love 12

Tunia, just to be clear, the downfall of the show did not begin with Whoopi, but rather with Geddie tapping Hasselbeck to regurgitate the Ailes talking points. But that doesn't negate the fact that Whoopi has not been able to handle the moderator role. 

No, I don't think Whoopi "ruined" this show (as in long-term), since she was the better half of the show in the years before this. But she is the one I pin the blame on the show not getting better in the present. If the show stands any chance of improving at this rate, she's the one co-host that needs to go, imo.

Cosmocrush, on 12 Feb 2015 - 8:27 PM, said:

Almost like everyone else was trying to change this show into something good and she was going to fight it every step of the way.   In fact, it felt like she was almost trying to run this thing off the air. 

A part of me had thought that might be playing some part in her mind, too. Perhaps she'd like the show to be cancelled with her as its last "face." That way nobody will take over her seat or be given credit for revitalizing a show once lead by MOVIE STAH WHOOPI GOLDBERG.

• Love 9

Would Whoopi's contract still get paid out if the show was cancelled?  If so, maybe that's why she sabotaged the show at every opportunity!

Hmmm, interesting theory MC and great question.    I think I read that if they had let her go over the summer (for the reboot this fall) they would have still had to pay her but who knows if/when it's cancelled, although she acts like she doesn't care if the show does well or not so I'm going to guess she gets paid either way.  

• Love 6

And it finally dawned on me that Whoopi's whole 'don't tweet, email, etc,'  schtick is a copy of BaBa's whole thing.  She was notorious for telling the audience that she didn't understand why they showed up when the weather was bad, or the moon was full or whatever..

Maybe Whoopi figured if it worked for the babster it would work for her?

The problem was it didn't really work for babs and it really, really doesn't work for Whoopi.

• Love 6

only to watch this show sink each morning because of poor, lazy planning and production. It had such great potential!

It did, and I can't believe they ruined this.  I should believe it, since they ruined the opportunity the year before too, when the reason so many stopped watching for years was finally gone.*  And the poor, lazy planning and production you mention is what sinked it.  I know we're talking like it's been cancelled already when it has not yet been, but for those of us who loved Rosie and came back only because of her, it might as well be. 

Something that might, might have been an option for making this work, was the alternating of weeks between Whoopi and Rosie.  Whoopi could have the show the way she likes for her weeks, and we'd be treated to what Rosie would like the show to be for her weeks.  Each being moderator for their weeks.  Not because there was any kind of "feud", (because the show itself never officially acknowledged a feud between the two) but just because they have different visions, and Rosie is a gem but there was no getting rid of Whoopi.  I know it sounds ridiculous, but I would not have been adverse to the idea.  (I would have watched only Rosie's weeks.)  But this applies only to this season, because I think we all know Rosie was here for just this year.  I still don't believe there was a "feud".  I believe there was tension, but not Rosie-created tension.  Rosie knew and accepted that Whoopi was the moderator and never asked for the position, but what she didn't accept, nor should she (and nor did I), was continually being shot down, shut down, insulted, ridiculed and silenced at every turn at the hands of a manipulative class-A narcissist. 

As soon as Rosie walked out today wearing a yellow jacket, I thought that too - she has her yellow back!  I liked, admired and respected the way she handled her exit from the show today, quietly appropriate, classy and without cheesy fanfare. 

*  I still feel cheated that we didn't get at least one season of Joy there without Bits.  Joy had mentioned on other shows that she had stopped sparring with her because "it wasn't worth it", and I totally agreed with her on that.  The two leaving at the same time just felt wrong.  Maybe that was a big mistake.

Edited by Dreamboat Annie
  • Love 16

Rosie knew and accepted that Whoopi was the moderator and never asked for the position, but what she didn't accept, nor should she (and nor did I), was continually being shot down, shut down, insulted, ridiculed and silenced at every turn at the hands of a manipulative class-A narcissist.

Exactly Dreamboat Annie!  No fair-minded person could watch that show & not see how Whoopi was taking delight in abusing Rosie.  Personally, I will never get over how she treated Rosie, & others, & will not contribute one penny to her residuals by watching anything she is in.  Period!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 16

You gotta hand it to Whoopi and her team. With minimal effort from their star player, they were able to bring down a successful network talk show. They played all their cards - she's an EGOT, she's black, she's got all these important people who either really like her and appreciate her talent or are completely intimidated by her. Kudos. You did it. And the viewers are the ones who lose.

I didn't know Whoopi had a "team." And I cannot think of one instance where Whoopi played a "card" related to her race.

There are fair critiques to be made about Whoopi, but a lot of the rants against her on this board occasionally hint at an ugly racist overtone.

And damn her for having "important people who like her."

And as others pointed out, if Whoopi and her "team" ruined this show, it was a six year long con. How diabolical of her to make Bitsy a foaming at the mouth puppet, to change the format last year, and to have them hire an emotionally fragile co-host this year. Well played, Evil Genius Whoopi! You won!

• Love 6

Rosie introduced the baby as Dakota. She has talked about her before, it is the baby she and Michelle adopted. Her fifth kiddo. Nice to see her wearing a yellow jacket which is her happy color.

I like Whoopi but being a moderator is not her strength. That was my main problem with the show this season.

• Love 2

Was that her baby, not the prize winners' child? I don't know her baby's name, but I assumed that was her.

I think she brought the prize winners' baby out when it was announced that they'd won and then brought her own baby, Dakota, out at the end.   Maybe somebody who recorded it can verify.

I've been trying to figure out why Nicolle is so far up Whoopi's butt and the only thing I can come up with is that Nicolle is scared of her.  She's seen how Whoopi treated Rosie and she doesn't want to be on the receiving end of it so she's decided to go the teacher's pet/Eddie Haskell route.

• Love 6

"I think she brought the prize winners' baby out when it was announced that they'd won and then brought her own baby, Dakota, out at the end. Maybe somebody who recorded it can verify."

You're correct Abmis, she brought both babies out just as you said.

I also think you're right about Nicole. Although I have noticed even she has been frustrated/embarrassed lately by Whoopi's antics.

• Love 4
And as others pointed out, if Whoopi and her "team" ruined this show, it was a six year long con. How diabolical of her to make Bitsy a foaming at the mouth puppet, to change the format last year, and to have them hire an emotionally fragile co-host this year. Well played, Evil Genius Whoopi! You won!

There's plenty of blame to go around.  Most of it lies with the powers that be that let the show turn into a circus and whoever thought it was a good idea to rehire a woman who a lot of people predicted wouldn't last a full season like last time.

And yes, I think Whoopi needs to leave, I can't believe ABC has allowed a person who has said some nasty anti-woman things be the moderator of a show geared towards women.  But I'm not going to pretend she ruined the entire show or bullied a woman as bullheaded as Rosie O off the show.

• Love 3

My tv didn't record the show today it said its not a new episode . I just turned it on halfway through and see the London person, guess I didn't miss anything. Anybody know if it's a new episode.?

My tv didn't record the show today it said its not a new episode . I just turned it on halfway through and see the London person, guess I didn't miss anything. Anybody know if it's a new episode.?

There's plenty of blame to go around.  Most of it lies with the powers that be that let the show turn into a circus and whoever thought it was a good idea to rehire a woman who a lot of people predicted wouldn't last a full season like last time.

And yes, I think Whoopi needs to leave, I can't believe ABC has allowed a person who has said some nasty anti-woman things be the moderator of a show geared towards women.  But I'm not going to pretend she ruined the entire show or bullied a woman as bullheaded as Rosie O off the show.

I don't think Whoopi ran her off, I just think as Rosie said very directly she wanted to turn the work stress down to zero, and that she was in the very lucky position to be able to do just that.  There was a lot going on between all the leaking, all the hierarchical changes, quitting EP, RosieP fired, RosieP not fired, even Rosie's concern about Beverly Johnson being solely interviewed by Whoopi (which I happen to think would have been a disaster as well).

To be honest I watched when Whoopi came on board hoping that it would be good, but I dropped off quickly so I had no idea of her penchant with bathroom humor and general TMI.

I do think that there was a clash between Whoopi and Rosie that I never imagined would occur, but remembering back to the one episode before the holidays, it was just awful.

I think the best shows of the season so far are the ones where Rosie moderated.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 7

There are fair critiques to be made about Whoopi, but a lot of the rants against her on this board occasionally hint at an ugly racist overtone.

Sure, sure. I think Whoopi warrants every bit of criticism hurled at her, and none of it is based on what the color of her skin is; that ace doesn't work to save face for Whoopi here. The rants have to do with her being an openly vile person towards one of her (now former) co-hosts, mostly, and awful at her job in general. If this was like what happened with Sherri Shepherd last year, I might agree there are some racist overtones because talk about her seemed to veer often into her personal life rather than sticking with her undeniably bad performance on the show. Whoopi isn't receiving any less criticism than Jenny McCarthy, Barbara Walters, and Elisabeth Hasselbeck--who all deserved their criticism, too. If it's more pronounced at all, it's because Whoopi makes sure she speaks more than any of those women did.

I only watched the first round of hot topics, and Stacy London and Michelle Williams acted as if they'd already been cast. Whoopi and Nicolle acting all lovely and personable now. Disgustingly two-faced.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 9

My biggest complaint about Whoopi is her complete and utter disregard for the viewers.  It's fine she doesn't give a shit what we think.  I think most celebs don't give a rats ass what other people think but they don't sit on national television and basically give us the finger telling us they don't care what we think.  Whoopi is employed by a show called the VIEW so you would think she understands everyone has one and they all might not agree with hers. 

My second biggest complaint about Whoopi is her never ending defense of any celeb's wrongdoing.  I thought her justifying Roman Polanski's rape of a young girl was bad but her absolute refusal to even entertain the idea that Bill Cosby might be guilty was just beyond the pale. 

My third biggest complaint about Whoopi is her immature humor.  Her seeming obsession with bodily functions reminds me of a 12 year old boy laughing at the word Uranus.

And my final complaint about Whoopi is I simply don't like her.  I don't despise  her like I did Elisabeth.  I don't cringe when she opens her mouth like I did with Sherri.  I just simply don't like her.  She is not someone I would want to meet.  I get the impression she would possibly maybe give you a hello if you approached her but I would be more likely believe she would simply ignore you.  She may be an EGOT winner and all that happy shit but at the end of the day IMO she is just a cranky woman who doesn't seem to like the job she has. 

• Love 20

My biggest complaint about Whoopi is her complete and utter disregard for the viewers.  It's fine she doesn't give a shit what we think.  I think most celebs don't give a rats ass what other people think but they don't sit on national television and basically give us the finger telling us they don't care what we think.  Whoopi is employed by a show called the VIEW so you would think she understands everyone has one and they all might not agree with hers.

Well, I guess it truly starts at the top then, because Barbara Walters made no secret regarding her feelings about "those little people" who service her needs and stating on many occasions that she "wouldn't do it for you" if showing up meant her inconvenience.

All the more recent hosts have had their flaws/failures...I'm just not ready to canonize St. Rosie.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 2

Speaking of disregard for the viewer or fans, Rosie O was in the studio all week, right? She couldn't put herself out for one more hour to do today's show? One more hour would have increased her stress level that much? More than say, adopting an infant when you're in your 50s? I know she quit, again, and was free to go, but, really? She could've finish the week since it would have meant one more hour?

• Love 1

My second biggest complaint about Whoopi is her never ending defense of any celeb's wrongdoing.  I thought her justifying Roman Polanski's rape of a young girl was bad but her absolute refusal to even entertain the idea that Bill Cosby might be guilty was just beyond the pale. 

My third biggest complaint about Whoopi is her immature humor.  Her seeming obsession with bodily functions reminds me of a 12 year old boy laughing at the word Uranus.

And my final complaint about Whoopi is I simply don't like her.  I don't despise  her like I did Elisabeth.  I don't cringe when she opens her mouth like I did with Sherri.  I just simply don't like her.  She is not someone I would want to meet.  I get the impression she would possibly maybe give you a hello if you approached her but I would be more likely believe she would simply ignore you.  She may be an EGOT winner and all that happy shit but at the end of the day IMO she is just a cranky woman who doesn't seem to like the job she has.

I agree with all of this, but especially the last point. The show works when the viewer likes the hosts, like we would enjoy hanging out with them. Having lunch or going shopping with Rosie would be a blast. I would love to have a conversation with her.

Whoopi? Not so much. The other two- I never thought Rosie P had anything interesting to say, and Nicolle comes across as kind of fake, like she's playing the role they gave her. But Whoopi, I would never want to have a real conversation with her, she has made it clear that she doesn't CARE . And her opinions aren't based on any in-depth thought, only on what will not offend the rich and famous.

• Love 10

Speaking of disregard for the viewer or fans, Rosie O was in the studio all week, right? She couldn't put herself out for one more hour to do today's show? One more hour would have increased her stress level that much? More than say, adopting an infant when you're in your 50s? I know she quit, again, and was free to go, but, really? She could've finish the week since it would have meant one more hour?

I'm thinking she and the producers wanted her final show to be live. IMHO, it would have been strange to know that the "goodbye" show was pre-taped. Plus, she would have to say goodbye (which was somewhat emotional for all of them) and then come back the next day to do another live show. That would be weird.

Ymmv

• Love 12

Speaking of disregard for the viewer or fans, Rosie O was in the studio all week, right? She couldn't put herself out for one more hour to do today's show?

Apparently it was more important for her to spend that hour on Dr. Oz's show to "tell all" (as the Oz promo promises), rather than on the show in which we've all been so invested.  I guess that speaking about her wife and The View isn't as "stressful" when she's doing it in a different studio.

I'm thinking she and the producers wanted her final show to be live. IMHO, it would have been strange to know that the "goodbye" show was pre-taped.

...pre-taped because that was one of lousier changes that Rosie insisted upon, which was for her benefit, not the viewers.

Edited by Tunia

I do not think Rosie is some saint, but Whoopi is insufferable .   The constant yelping at the top of her lungs, interrupting, and acting like she is the final say and the one who "KNOWS IT ALL"  is irritating.   Her inability to even admit that Roman Polanski was a rapist, when he has been convicted or rape was just ridiculous and sickening.  Also, her need to act like Brian Williams and his lies were something that everyone does, and acting like Rosie said she was "perfect" was nauseating. 

It's bad enough when Whoopi says "we don't know, we weren't there", but when she defends people who are proven to have done wrong, it's beyond ridiculous, and just shows how she is more interested in keeping her ties to the Hollywood in crowd, than actually having a discussion which makes sense on a topic.  And since she's paid millions to do that on this show,  she needs to go.

I always felt like Whoopi was trying to get Rosie going, and see her melt-down and lose it on the air, so that Whoopi could be the "calm, sensible " one on the panel.

I feel like it irritated Whoopi a lot that Rosie did not fall into the trap she did last time. Rosie stood calm, classy and did not bite when Whoopi tried to set her off.  The more calm Rosie was, the more insane Whoopi became.  

And I'm sorry, I've worked with people who are going through cancer treatments, and they have been on steriods,  , no way did they turn into  loud mouth, screaming,  out of control slobs that Whoopi was.   All I saw with her was a more extreme version of who she really is.   The fact she has such a huge ego is why she can't sit back and look at her own behavior and have some self-awareness.

The other thing that is disturbing about Whoopi is her crazy appearance.  She dresses like mess, and for someone who "doesn't eat", she looks very unhealthy, and that was way before her back.  It's almost embarrasing watching her come out with her crazy hats,  outfits that look like she pulled them out of a rag bag, and her weird shoes.   She's a mess in evey way possible, but too full of herself to notice!

Edited by snowydaze
  • Love 15
But Whoopi, I would never want to have a real conversation with her, she has made it clear that she doesn't CARE . And her opinions aren't based on any in-depth thought, only on what will not offend the rich and famous.

Backformore, I wonder if we will EVER learn why the various top celebrities seem to really admire and like Whoopi.  Do they know her only from working with her?  Do they know her socially?   Do they ever watch the show and see her for the unfriendly/uncaring/ill-informed bitch she is?   And don't Tweet me either!!!  I don't have an account.

• Love 10

She said goodbye yesterday Being on today would have been a bit odd. I'm surprised they actually didn't have her tape for today's show. They were thinking for once.

• Love 6
Speaking of disregard for the viewer or fans, Rosie O was in the studio all week, right? She couldn't put herself out for one more hour to do today's show?

For some reason, the way the studio audience acted yesterday (Wednesday?)...standing and chanting, "Rosie, Rosie, Rosie," and Rosie's joke about not leaving if she'd had that sort of reception...made me wonder if they DID tape a show where she announced that she was leaving and it just wasn't broadcast.  Somehow the audience knew about the announcement, right?

• Love 1

I turned it on today and was surprised to see Rosie P was also missing.  And, as usual, Whoopi didn't mention why Rosie P was absent.  I guess that's just another way of showing she doesn't care what the viewers think, however, as a viewer, I wondered where Rosie P was.

Anyway, I watched for about 10 minutes. And the 4 of them weren't awful, but I just wasn't interested in listening to them, so I turned it off and had the rest of the hour to do something else.

I did watch Rosie on Dr Oz, and she was on for the first 30 minutes only.  Nothing new, really.  She mentioned her doctor's appt in December and the doctor asking what was going on in her life to cause her numbers to be high.  She said her doctor thought it would be better for her health if she was not on a tv show every day.   She did not name any specific stress from The View. 

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 3

Backformore, I wonder if we will EVER learn why the various top celebrities seem to really admire and like Whoopi.  Do they know her only from working with her?  Do they know her socially?   Do they ever watch the show and see her for the unfriendly/uncaring/ill-informed bitch she is?   And don't Tweet me either!!!  I don't have an account.

I recall a few celebs saying that Whoopi has sent them notes of thanks, congrats, whatever.  I get the impression that she knows how to play the game and kiss up to the right people.  I bet there are a lot of people whom she sends gifts and cards to, with a personal note, so that they feel they are close friends.  I also think that Whoopi IS talented - as an actress.  The roles I've seen her in, she's played a wise person, or a street-smart person.  Think of the character she played on Star Trek - kind of an  all-knowing sage.  She's still playing that role, only now, without scriptwriters, she's no longer believable in the role.  I doubt that most of her celebrity friends "take a little time to enjoy the view", so their opinion of her hasn't changed.  They might think she's smart, funny and kind - like my opinion of her before this show. 

Or maybe she just knows where to buy good weed, and she likes to share? 

• Love 9

For some reason, the way the studio audience acted yesterday (Wednesday?)...standing and chanting, "Rosie, Rosie, Rosie," and Rosie's joke about not leaving if she'd had that sort of reception...made me wonder if they DID tape a show where she announced that she was leaving and it just wasn't broadcast.  Somehow the audience knew about the announcement, right?

It was on Thursday, and I'm sure the audience knew it was her last day the same way we all did.   There has been no shortage  of stories and social media about RO's decision to leave the show.  

I miss her already.  When the show came on this morning with Michelle Williams and Stacey London I clicked over to Wendy Williams.  

• Love 9

Apparently it was more important for her to spend that hour on Dr. Oz's show to "tell all" (as the Oz promo promises), rather than on the show in which we've all been so invested.  I guess that speaking about her wife and The View isn't as "stressful" when she's doing it in a different studio.

I'm sure it WAS less stressful, since Dr. Oz didn't talk over her, point his finger at everyone, indulge in bathroom humor, or have to have the last word.  He was pleasant and respectful, which is something we don't see much of from Whoopie.

As for Rosie leaving on Thursday, I don't have a problem with that.  After Babs' vomit-inducing year long good-bye, I think Rosie felt that her low-key departure was the right thing to do.  Thursday? Friday? Meh!  If she ever owed the viewing audience anything, it was respect for the people who tune in to see her, and that's something she always gave the viewer.  You never heard her yelling at the camera every.fucking.day. that she doesn't want to hear from you if you don't agree with her because SHE DOESN'T CARE!!! 

Go Rosie!!!

• Love 20

New job for Whoopsie.............Photo spokesman as The BAG LADY of New York City. All those agreeing with me, we could chip in a few coins to buy her a damn grocery cart to push around with her, since she dresses and looks like her double.

• Love 3

I do not think Rosie is some saint, but Whoopi is insufferable .   The constant yelping at the top of her lungs, interrupting, and acting like she is the final say and the one who "KNOWS IT ALL"  is irritating.   Her inability to even admit that Roman Polanski was a rapist, when he has been convicted or rape was just ridiculous and sickening.  Also, her need to act like Brian Williams and his lies were something that everyone does, and acting like Rosie said she was "perfect" was nauseating. 

It's bad enough when Whoopi says "we don't know, we weren't there", but when she defends people who are proven to have done wrong, it's beyond ridiculous, and just shows how she is more interested in keeping her ties to the Hollywood in crowd, than actually having a discussion which makes sense on a topic.  And since she's paid millions to do that on this show,  she needs to go.

I always felt like Whoopi was trying to get Rosie going, and see her melt-down and lose it on the air, so that Whoopi could be the "calm, sensible " one on the panel.

I feel like it irritated Whoopi a lot that Rosie did not fall into the trap she did last time. Rosie stood calm, classy and did not bite when Whoopi tried to set her off.  The more calm Rosie was, the more insane Whoopi became.  

And I'm sorry, I've worked with people who are going through cancer treatments, and they have been on steriods,  , no way did they turn into  loud mouth, screaming,  out of control slobs that Whoopi was.   All I saw with her was a more extreme version of who she really is.   The fact she has such a huge ego is why she can't sit back and look at her own behavior and have some self-awareness.

The other thing that is disturbing about Whoopi is her crazy appearance.  She dresses like mess, and for someone who "doesn't eat", she looks very unhealthy, and that was way before her back.  It's almost embarrasing watching her come out with her crazy hats,  outfits that look like she pulled them out of a rag bag, and her weird shoes.   She's a mess in evey way possible, but too full of herself to notice!

I don't see any of this. I think Whoopi's fun. The show is not the same show as the one that debuted X number of years ago, but so what? It's changed, this is how it is now. 

There are people who once lived in my town that are always complaining about the changes in the town - why can't it be the way it was in 1960? Why do things have to change? But the answer is, some people grow, some people move on, and some people are content to stay. If it is the raucous Whoopi and Nicole show, with over-the-top Michelle Williams or Stacy London, that's what it is now. Wishing it could go back to the days of Meredith and Star Jones, etc., is useless. It just ain't gonna happen. 

• Love 1

But doesn't the show need a decent moderator? Whoopi struggles reading the teleprompter or taking direction via her earpiece. She doesn't show up prepared. She "covers" by snickering at herself or talking about her farts or saggy boobs. It's not funny. It's not appropriate. Her segues between topics or to commercial are always awkward. Isn't that talk show host basics 101? She was hired for her name, not for her suitability for the job. And whatever RO was for she was against even if it meant contradicting herself.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 13

I had no issue with that and it felt right to me to have her say goodbye on the last day she was actually there instead of saying a fake goodbye on Tuesday and then working two more days.  It's not about disregarding the fans or not wanting to put herself out, but instead being more real and genuine IMO.  

Also...given what a wonderful mother Rosie has been and how she had made such a difference in her children's lives.  I wish she would adopt a million bajillion babies.  In comparison, who gives a fuck about The View?  

Edited by shelley1005
  • Love 16

I miss her already.  When the show came on this morning with Michelle Williams and Stacey London I clicked over to Wendy Williams.  

I'm always interested in what the schedules are for viewers in other areas/states. For me, nothing is on versus The View, which is why I see more of it than I probably should (if only they aired reruns of The Golden Girls or something around noon so I could have that on in the background instead). Wendy Williams comes on 2 hours later against The Chew, and Dr. Oz two hours after that, then Ellen. The Talk, The Real, and The Meredith Veira Show all air at the same time.

I don't say it to be mean, since nobody can control what they look like, but Stacy London's nose makes her always seem like she's sneering or smelling something disgusting. Of course, maybe that would be appropriate if she's going to work across from Whoopi everyday?

I'm starting to see Michelle Williams as a done deal, unfortunately, but she'd be better than Naya Rivera. It surprises me how bad Rivera's been on here because I liked her performance on Glee before I tuned out around season 3.

• Love 2
It surprises me how bad Rivera's been on here because I liked her performance on Glee before I tuned out around season 3.

On Glee she was given a character to play, given lines/songs, and given direction...with the chance to have several takes.  On The View she can decide to be herself or to play some character.  I haven't liked her choices.

• Love 5

I think I am open to change and have grey hair, lol. But I like to recall the better times when I caught the show on days off from work.....and started watching regularly in 2005.

But I doubt former co-hosts will return (except for Behar, perhaps, maybe intermittantly.) 

I doubt a viewer is going to have the warm and fuzzies about all 4 or 5 people on the panel the same season.

There have only been 3 moderators on the show, iirc,  Meredith, RO, WG. And BW filling in as needed. And they used to have better co-hosts years ago, imo. Behar, Jones sans her wedding nonsense, Ling. And of course Meredith.

But they are those women I realize are that are not likely to return but there are some women out there with their caliber of brains and being informed.  

I get the need for blue cards, I guess. Especially for quotes one wants to be sure of or an outline of the days agenda. But relying on them is truly mind-boggling for me the was they do on the view. 

One thing I have never seen is a mod yelling don't tweet me, I don't care! Shaking a finger AT a person, or getting the last word in aft

er saying NO NO NO! That's not how it is!"

Things will definitely cool down if it is true they are on hiatus for 2 weeks.....good grief, during sweeps!

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 5

Speaking of disregard for the viewer or fans, Rosie O was in the studio all week, right? She couldn't put herself out for one more hour to do today's show? One more hour would have increased her stress level that much? More than say, adopting an infant when you're in your 50s? I know she quit, again, and was free to go, but, really? She could've finish the week since it would have meant one more hour.

I don't think RO's work stress was about her work in general but about working on this crapfest specifically.  She's been out promoting her HBO Special - working the press line and attending events.  She was on Dr. Oz and my guide said she was scheduled for GMA today although I didn't see either show.   As an admitted fan, I think she's gone out of her way to reach out to her fans on this situation via her blog and social media.  

One more hour of this show?  After the way Whoopi screamed at her in December, I'm surprised she gave it one more minute.   

• Love 18

Really Cosmocrush....RO is out there working all the time and now promoting her HBO show that took work, obviously, featuring her comedy and her cause for women's knowledge of their heart attacks .

Let alone her net worth which is amazing. Much more than WG's. Which is quite significant.

Plus RO has given multiple millions away, not just raised it.

And adores her fans. 

And even goes into the audience and comes out having found a very interesting person and promoting them on the show (i'm thinking of the teen with the pop jewelery featured recently. And her on going Broadway kids charity and mentoring. Or bringing on guests that are special in their own right.

WG slops out unprepared and.....well, it has been said over and over. Thing is WG does not celebrate her fans......just celebrities which she will defend to the death. Well, except RO which was a real threat to her, imo.

• Love 14

Maggiemae said: "Plus RO has given multiple millions away, not just raised it."

OK, full disclosure: in 2002 I started volunteering at a rundown daycare center for underprivileged children. The playground was terribly unsafe, with rusty bolts holding the equipment together, and no safety surface. The Director, who had only started about 6 months earlier, was determined to build a new playground. 

I didn't know anything about writing grants, but I dove right in. The Director turned out to be a flake, so I spent most of the time alternating between writing letters to her divorce attorney! and ex-husband and writing grants. The first one I went for was Rosie's charity, which I think was called, "For All Kids." I asked for $15,000. Her focus was on providing playgrounds for underprivileged children. She grew up in a neighboring town. Everything seemed perfect. 

And then I didn't get it! I was so disappointed, even though looking back my submission must have been pretty amateurish. Fortunately I regrouped, and started pursuing other avenues. Eventually I wrote enough grants to cover about $130,000 - enough to build the playground that is still being used today. 

I guess I still haven't forgiven her yet.

Edited by CousinAmy
  • Love 2

Congrats on getting the funding CousinAmy! Not easy to seek and actually get money so you must feel great that your efforts paid off for the local kids. Very cool.

(Rosie probably gets hundreds of requests and has helpers sort through requests for her so, without knowing how much they still had available to allocate that year and what all she did and did not make awards to, so don't be too hard on her)

• Love 7

I can't even imagine the number of requests RO get for donations,,,,,daily/weekly/monthly.

Good job Cousin Amy, raising the money.

Forgiveness is a very good thing.

As are self pats on the back are a good thing.

• Love 3