Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Revenge Of The Rogues

Trini
  • Start Topic

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20141231cw03/

WENTWORTH MILLER AND DOMINIC PURCELL ("PRISON BREAK") TEAM UP AGAIN AS CAPTAIN COLD AND HEAT WAVE CHALLENGE THE FLASH TO AN EPIC BATTLE

Leonard Snart AKA Captain Cold (guest star Wentworth Miller) returns to Central City with a new hotheaded partner in tow - Mick Rory AKA Heat Wave (guest star Dominic Purcell). The duo plan to steal a multi-million dollar painting, but Cold has another agenda while in town - to set a trap for The Flash. Snart and Mick kidnap someone close to The Flash and threaten to kill them unless The Flash shows up for a battle of fire and ice. Barry tells Joe he isn't sure he should take on Snart again after the casualties that happened the last time they fought. Meanwhile, Barry asks Dr. Wells, Caitlin and Cisco to help him double his training efforts so he's ready for the Reverse Flash when he returns to Central City. Iris deals with the aftermath of Barry's confession, and Cisco makes the CCPD a new shield.

Nick Copus directed the episode written by Geoff Johns & Kai Yu Wu

Here's hoping for a Prison Break reference!

• Love 2

I am glad that Joe is back to being suspicious of Wells. I was also happy that he knows that Barry told Iris. He and Caitlan are right. It is better the truth is out there. I thought Iris would have been proactive dealing with Barry's feelings, but I guess, she does not know what to do. I loved that Joe hinted that Barry should clean up her mess and he did. It is good that he moved back in with Joe. I laughed when he told Joe that the beer did nothing to him.

So Eddie had a heroic moment. I thought for sure that Firestorm would come for Caitlin. I can't believe Caitlan tried to open that frozen door.

Barry can read fast? Did we know that?

That was the actor who played Wentworth Miller's brother on Prison Break, right? 

I cracked up at Cisco and Wells snarking at each other.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

Eddie's love of The Flash grows.  Oh Eddie, you're going to be on cloud nine when you find out Barry is The Flash.

Everyone's seen The Flash, so begins the path to The Flash Museum.  The cops love him, and so does everyone in Central City.

Love that they keep some of Cold's code of honor.  Also that The Rogues don't really want world domination or any lofty goals, they want to steal.

Cisco and Wells were a whole lot of fun this episode.

I love that Captain Cold is basically Evil Michael Scofield.

Wentworth is cracking me up in this role! I am actually excited to see his sister, what did the other guy call her?

Although I enjoyed the Cisco Caitlin hug and I'm digging their friendship, I was sort of sad there was no flash/Caitlin moment! Unless I spaced out and missed it.

So next week the flash fights Harry potter?

• Love 3

Hey . . . they homaged a classic comic cover! I wonder if Geoff Johns and his co-writer duplicated the way Flash won, or if they merely nicked it from Ghostbusters.

Aside from Caitlin being damseled and "Firestorm" turning into the most unwieldy acronym, it was a good episode. I can see why the Rogues get the fan love, and I never gave Prison Break a chance. And the fanboy in me laughed at the stinger. Seriously, how come Supernatural isn't delayed for a few minutes each week while viewers get to squee at the stinger? In this case, the appearance of

Snart's sister, aka Golden Glider

Seriously good chemistry all around, and we don't need a Firestorm (F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M.?) to transmute things to work.

• Love 3

So happy to have the show back.

I really enjoyed the very brief Joe/Iris scene. I hope that we'll get more scenes like this but longer and with more depth. I also continue to enjoy what they’re doing with the Iris/Barry relationship. Though he's obviously hurting over her not reciprocating his feelings he is in a better place now. At least he's not pining which is huge step forward for him.

Wells is a manipulative piece of work. Glad Joe isn't blind to his negative influence on Barry.

It’s weird that there was no follow up scene with Barry making sure Caitlyn was okay, being as her being kidnapped was the reason why he finally engaged Captain Cold and Heatwave.

I wasn't really feeling the Prison Break redux. Though I did have to laugh when Heatwave lost his sh*t in the police precinct after being arrested and Michael Scofield er... Captain Cold sitting calmly in the back of the transport van while Heatwave ranted about his imperfect planning, then boom another plan unfolds. Lol. That was straight out of the Prison Break bible.

Love the Caitlyn/Cisco friendship. Glad he and Joe were the ones that saved her instead of Barry doing triple duty saving everyone.

Nice twist with Eddie now supporting the Flash. I wonder how long that's going to last.

Great episode!

Edited by Enero
  • Love 4
I love that Captain Cold is basically Evil Michael Scofield.

When he said "the plan" as they were broken out of prison transport, my first thought was "Holy crap, he has this plan tattooed on his body doesn't he?"

Everyone was fantastic (Caitlin trying to open a frozen door not withstanding). I loved Barry's maturity in not blaming Wells for choosing to pursue Reverse Flash instead. I liked Cisco earning the respect of the Captain, while The Flash gets Eddie's respect. Eddie's getting better. I'm looking forward to more scenes in the West house. That place is gorgeous. There were a lot of really good platonic relationship moments with the Barry/Iris fistbump, Caitlin/Cisco hug, and Joe/Barry bonding.

• Love 4

Very good episode.  The Flash's battle with Captain Cold and Heatwave was excellent.  Wentworth and his old Prison Break co-star were really chewing the scenery.  Liked Cisco earning the respect of the police.  Loved the scene with Barry and Joe at the end.

Outside of Eddie, how useless were the cops in this one.  Haven't they ever heard of a sniper?

Edited by benteen
  • Love 3

Good episode. I do think that the Iris moving out plot was a bit unnecessary. As mentioned above the fact there was no follow up with Caitlin in the last part of the ep feels like there is a hole in the ep.

I am interested to see where things go with Joe not liking with Wells' influence on Barry.

Nice to see Cisco have some good moments with helping the police and helping to save Caitlin.

• Love 2

Loving this combo of Captain Cold and Heat Wave, what with Heat Wave going nuts everywhere and Captain Cold just, "I have a plan. Wear your seatbelt."  And I'm delighted to see a woman appearing - Flash hasn't exactly had a lot of women villains so far.

Speaking of women, I'm with Lantern7 regarding the damseling of Caitlin, but on the bright side, at least she was conducting her own investigation before that, and she's had legitimate heroic moments before this, so I'll let that one go.  And hoping that Iris has a chance to be more than a bystander in next week's plot.

And Eddie! It was very brave of you, but don't risk yourself like that ever again, especially during May sweeps! We need your sexy voice on this show!

• Love 3
While I'm thinking about acronyms . . . does anybody else get SCUBA = Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus from Family Ties? Maybe Barry does as well, even if he might be a millennial.

I know it from Boy Meets World. I suspect that if Barry got it from a sitcom, he got it from there.

• Love 2

Man, what a return from the winter break! I do like the character progression with everyone, especially Barry. Sometimes, shows have their characters make very little progress until some major event or until the next season, but Barry grew this episode. I liked seeing him expand his powers, and I liked seeing him be torn between working toward defeating the Reverse Flash, or helping defeat Cold and Heatwave. I'm glad he eventually made the right decision.

I couldn't help but laugh really hard when Wells almost got out of his chair at the beginning, when Barry was risking his life with the explosives. Like, his cover is slipping bit by bit and it's hilarious. It's almost as if he's in fear of his own life or something....LOL, no spoilers, just a wild accusation :) 

Besides Caitlin becoming the damsel in distress for purposes of plot/angst, I thought the episode worked quite well. Candice Patton sold the awkwardness between Iris and Barry very well. It's clear something has changed in their dynamic and Iris is now more attentive toward Barry's actions toward her. I do think it'll be the slow start to Iris' feelings for Barry, which I'm actually fine with. 

Eddie, don't risk your life again, please. But thank you for saving The Flash! He just needed a moment to heal himself so you bought him that time :) Go heroic Eddie! 

Cisco getting the recognition and praise from the Captain was actually really good. It'll help Cisco in any future prospects for being close to the police force, and it establishes him as more than one of Wells' employees at STAR Labs. I also liked him and Joe going to save Caitlin. It was a small, yet neat character relationship. Not the biggest thing in the world, but it's nice to see characters interacting with people they may not usually. 

Captain Cold and Heatwave couldn't be more different, yet they're still similar! Heatwave certainly is a hot head, and Captain Cold certainly is solid like ice. And cool, a new villain! I'm excited to see Cold's sister and if she's any different or similar to him. 

The one thing I need them to do, though, is have Iris interacting with her father a lot more. I feel like the Joe/Barry relationship, although amazing, is taking away from the Iris/Joe relationship that we could have. I need them to have just as many scenes as Iris/Barry or Barry/Joe have. 

• Love 4

While I'm thinking about acronyms . . . does anybody else get SCUBA = Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus from Family Ties? Maybe Barry does as well, even if he might be a millennial.

Tommy Westphall strikes again!

• Love 2

It was fun! I enjoyed most of it, and the parts I'm not thrilled with are minor and fixable.

I gotta back quarks on the Eddie voice love. Be heroic, but safe about it! (Yet, when Eddie was "We can't let it spread",  I was thinking 'too late; the side of that building is partially destroyed and the cops missed some cars.')

I wasn't happy with Caitlin and the door thing, but terror probably makes you space, so I can get over it, especially if they don't have reactions like that happen.  While I am glad that Joe saved Caitlin, and the time to talk about the rescue wasn't immediately after the bomb, but someone needs to talk to Cisco about bad guy lairs and booby-traps. Cisco ignored a police veteran's warning to stay away from Caitlin. Joe had no time to explain further.  Surely, Cisco has seen other types of movies with booby-trapped hostages.  Again, since Cisco tends to learn quickly, just refrain from dumb puppy moves in the future.  Another ill-advised lady-move, imo, was Iris that freaking close during a powers battle! I get she may feel an obligation to report on it on her blog, yet to get so close that she distracts Eddie doing his job?! Bad Show! No biscuit!

Leonard and Mick were great! I didn't get why the multi-million dollar painting was torched by Mick, since he was all about the cash and quick pay-off.  I keep forgetting how mesmerizing Wentworth Miller's eyes and voice are. Thank you, Show, for reminding me. As for Mick? Dominic Purcell is not  the same type of handsome as Miller, but the Mick/Caitlin scene was appropriately menacing and ick. They worked well together, so I imagine that if/when the duo return, there will be a grudge from Caitlin, minimum. Also, a very good stinger. The almost non-intro of Glider!  Mick seemed impressed.

More, please:

*  Affectionate Joe/Iris

* Flustered Eddie ( "Just call first." ::Stare:: "Or don't.")

*Joe not giving up his concern/suspicions of Dr. Wells

*Dr. Wells almost giving himself away due to Barry danger!

*Barry thinking smarter, not faster

*Friendly Cisco/Wells

* Scientific community wary of these STAR Labs nutballs  and (most likely) Eiling

* Beat cops respecting The Flash

* Bad guys just wanting stuff and to be a pain to the hero

I loved that in the newer promo, there was a brief glance of Victor Garber. I am so psyched for him to show up!

So glad this is back!

I was hoping that the answer to "What is this?" asked by Heatwave in the prison transport would be "A prison break."

bethy that would have been perfect.

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 4

This show is fun and I love the character moments. Although most shows get that right in the first season then seem to think they don't need them in later seasons. 

I love that Barry moved back home with Joe.It is probably better for him to live with someone that knows his secret. 

I don't mind Caitlin getting damsled as long as it doesn't happen all the time. I thought her reaction was human, she was scared and that can make you act stupid. I do love Cisco and Caitlin's growing friendship and that it's separate from Barry. Maybe they learned their lesson from the other show, all the characters need lives not just the main one. 

Eddie saved the Flash, it'll should be interesting if and when he finds out it's Barry. 

• Love 2

Ok first let me say that I had such anxiety about this episode because we had to wait for so long, I was missing the show and dreading that my expectations would be too high. This is a very comic book show so I shouldn’t be watching it like Game of Thrones or Breaking bad.  Anyway…..
I think because of my expectations I am second guessing some of the choices the writers are making.
I hated that Iris, a cops daughter, would come to a roped off crime scene to find her boyfriend. When she knows that she will be a distraction and maybe get someone hurt. She could be watching the TV in the coffee shop and maybe have a remark about what is going on since she has meet “The flash” and this was his big unveiling. She has an opinion about whether he’s evil or good. She was so curious about him previously but now she has no lingering curiosity??? None of that made sense.
I hated that Eddie is all of a sudden a “Flash fan” because he sees the flash is trying to help, he should have some lasting resentment about the Flash dragging him out of the car and almost killing him. Shouldn’t he still remember that? Are we supposed to forget that? I understand that he might be conflicted because he saved him at the lab but shouldn’t he still be questioning why did this person attacked me? Or is that looking for continuity that will not exist in this show?
I hate that Joe has so many wonderful moments with Barry (the Real MoFo Ship on this show) but every moment with his daughter, Iris, seems slight and insignificant. They missed an opportunity for Iris to talk to her dad about Eddie, her feelings for him or maybe her conflicted feelings about Barry. Or how she misses her mother? Or something more than a stuffed animal.  She feels so marginalized and they give her nothing with any weight to do. Even in the scene with Barry she barely talked. How does she feel? What’s going on in her head? The writers are not fleshing out the character or they are afraid to give the actress anything deeper than Saved by the Bell reactions. (No disrespect for SBTB..)
I hated that Joe didn’t bring any backup to save Caitlin. They couldn’t spare one other detective or officer to back up Joe just in case there was someone else in on the plan besides the heat miser and cold/snow miser??? So stupid. Why am I thinking of this and the writers aren’t???
I loved almost everything else…. Cisco redeeming himself, Caitlin finding out more back story about Ronnie, Dr. Wells’ cryptic ass, I like heat miser and Cold/snow miser, and Eddie saving The Flash, even though he should still be asking questions. It’s in the characters nature to save people.
I love that Barry wants to try to move on from Iris and I can see that he seems to be moving in that direction. Positive.
The odd couple scene with Joe at the end was strange but I think its Joe/Barry shipper bait. Why is he moving back in?? Why are they making this choice?
Even though I liked some scenes, this episode seemed a little off to me. I can’t tell, maybe the writers are moving in a different direction than the first half or maybe I want more than what the show is offering??

Edited by Pacodakat
  • Love 2
I hated that Eddie is all of a sudden a “Flash fan” because he sees the flash is trying to help, he should have some lasting resentment about the Flash dragging him out of the car and almost killing him. Shouldn’t he still remember that?

I can reconcile that with Eddie maybe realizing that Flash was mind whammied as were a lot of random citizens in the crossover ep...or Joe told him. 

• Love 1

I can reconcile that with Eddie maybe realizing that Flash was mind whammied as were a lot of random citizens in the crossover ep...or Joe told him. 

Also in the last episode Joe reminded Eddie that the Flash saved them from Reverse Flash.  At least saved Wells and Joe.

• Love 2
Why is he moving back in?? Why are they making this choice?

For the same reason that Caitlin met the researcher in the coffee place where Iris works - this show is trying to save on sets.  Barry staying with Joe means they don't need a set for Barry's apartment.  

• Love 6

I need them to have just as many scenes as Iris/Barry or Barry/Joe have.

Now that Iris moved out, and Barry moved back, there's probably going to be less Iris/Joe and more Barry/Joe. Crap.

Another ill-advised lady-move, imo, was Iris that freaking close during a powers battle! I get she may feel an obligation to report on it on her blog, yet to get so close that she distracts Eddie doing his job?! Bad Show! No biscuit!

C'mon show. WRITE IRIS BETTER. I know you can do it!

• Love 5

I really like this show, but Barry has no instincts at all for how to use his speed powers.  What was with all the "crossing the streams" stuff?  I'm no brilliant scientist like half the characters on this show, but here's how I would have handled it:

Plan A: The Flash runs up to the bad guys at super speed and snatches their guns out of their hands.  The police stroll over and arrest them.

Plan B: The Flash runs around ineffectively (as he does every week) and the cops, who already had their guns drawn, simply shoot the bad guys, ending their reign of destruction.

Plan C: the "crossing the streams" nonsense

• Love 8

Loved the scene with Barry and Joe at the end.

There was knock down, drag out fight between good and evil, but Barry and Joe just hanging out on the couch and being awesome was the best scene in the entire episode.

I was hoping that the answer to "What is this?" asked by Heatwave in the prison transport would be "A prison break."

I was screaming PRISON BREAK! the whole time. And to hear Wentworth Miller say the words "The Plan" oh, man, I was geeking out!

C'mon show. WRITE IRIS BETTER. I know you can do it!

Yes! Yes, this! The actress is capable and likable and they are wasting her!

• Love 2

So, it's official: I now know what Prison Break would have been like if Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows were evil, and acquired some badass guns.  Actually, to be fair, Dominic Purcell was way more lively here.  Not saying he was great, because he was very hammy, but he was cracking me up.  I really didn't not expect him to be as entertaining as he was.  I already get a kick over how Cold and Heat Wave play off one another.  Especially whenever Mick does something impulsive, and Snart is like "Dammit, man!  Quit messing things up."  I'm sure they will be back, since Snart apparently has a sister who just sprung them.  They just need to go and break out The Clock King, so we can add Robert Knepper to the Prison Break reunion.

And, the show continues to nicely move things forward.  We're done with this silly "Keep The Flash a secret" thing, and now everyone knows he is actually real.  Good.  It would have been annoying if they kept doing the whole "We have to keep this a secret!" stuff.  The cops know, the captain knows, and I'm sure the rest of the city will find out.  I'm glad.

We're back to Joe and Wells fighting for Barry's soul.  As usual, I could watch Jesse L. Martin and Tom Cavanagh play off each other for an entire episode.  I'm glad Joe is back to being suspicious.  What is your game, Wells?!

Looks like Caitlin is close to bringing Firestorm into the series.  Can't wait!  I do wish they found a better way for her to get captured.  Instead of trying to stupidly open the already frozen door, I would have rather she go for pepper spray or mace, and have the Rogues overpower her.

Glad Cisco earned the respect of the cops at the end.  But, next time, maybe don't rush headfirst into things.  He was lucky as hell that Joe was there to be the big damn hero, or Caitlin would be a toasted corpse by now.

Liked Eddie stepping up and helping The Flash.  They've done a decent job at making him likable.  

Iris moved out.  She really didn't do much in this episode, but her and Barry continue to be not as bad as I feared.  I hope this show keeps it up, and doesn't make them unbearable.

Glad the show is back!

• Love 3

The effects department totally screwed Caitlin.  It's hard to believe that no one in the office noticed that they put computer generated super ice right under Caitlin's hand.  Ugh.  I wasn't so worried about her being damseled and needing saving because this was an episode where even the superhero needed saving by the cop who the superhero had saved a couple times before.  Wish Caitlin didn't get tied up, but at least this show attempts to be equal opportunity damseling.  Everyone's saving everyone in Central City!  

And yeah, definitely agree that the 'cross streams' (hehe) planned was super dumb because these two dudes could have been taken out by Barry just taking away their guns.  Or the cops just shooting them, like cops are want to do in real life here in the good ole USA.  

Still, this show is hella fun.  I can't even dwell on the eye-rolling stuff because I feel all gooey inside from watching Flash.  It's lovely.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Actually, to be fair, Dominic Purcell was way more lively here.  Not saying he was great, because he was very hammy, but he was cracking me up.  I really didn't not expect him to be as entertaining as he was.

Hammy, yes; but he seemed to be having so much fun, I couldn't be mad at him.

I was waiting for Snart to say something like, "You think any prison can hold me?!" Maybe next time.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3

I hope that we will be seeing more Joe/Iris scenes now that she has to deal with the fall out of Barry's declaration of love. I wonder how long she and Eddie will last living together with the Flash/Barry standing squarely between them?

I could listen to Wentworth Miller monologue villainously all day long. Such a fun episode. I like the Prison Break boys as two of Barry's main rogue's gallery, and I hope to see them again soon. I wonder how they'll get their guns back from STAR labs. 

That FIRESTORM acronym was a bit much, but I'm interested in seeing where that leads. Especially with Spy Daddy joining the show. 

• Love 3

This show is starting to gel nicely. I think this was the first episode where pretty much everything worked for me. I especially enjoyed all of Joe's scenes, but particularly the one with Wells. I cannot wait to see how Joe's suspicions ultimately pan out.

I LOVED the little Prison Break nod at the end... when they were riding in the armored car and the explosion or whatever happened, I literally yelled, "Prison Break!!" and then when Cold said, "the plan", I nearly fell over.

The effects were top notch.. I just really enjoyed the episode...

Caitlin was definitely damseled - like, completely and utterly damseled. I'm glad that they had Joe and Cisco rescue her instead of Barry as that would have been even worse (in terms of damseling). I kinda hoped/thought Ronnie/Firestorm would show up to help her - since her capture was blasted all over the tv... but no dice on that... too much like right I guess.

The Barry/Iris tension was really good - and really realistic... speaking from experience. I think Barry is going to really give it a try moving on, but I know it won't stick (and I'm glad). But it will be interesting to see him relax into another attempt at a relationship - kinda the easy way he is with Felicity - which I appreciated. I see a filler relationship in his future that will hopefully boost his confidence and make Iris finally stop being in denial about her feelings (she totally hesitated when Eddie asked if she was sure about moving in).

I love, love love the Joe/Barry interactions, but it's actually starting to bug me that Iris and Joe aren't given even 30% of the time that Joe/Barry are given... and especially now with the way Iris will likely end up realizing she does care about Barry - that way - it would make total sense for Joe to pick up on this and for them to talk about it - even if it's Iris not wanting to talk to "her dad" about that... Maybe the writers will show us what's inside Iris' head more in upcoming episodes - we will really need that... At the very least she should have a "Cisco" or someone like that to confide in... who knows - maybe Eddie will "release her" to Barry, realizing her feelings for him can't be denied anymore...

Anyway - I just want more Joe/Iris interaction and more insight into what's happening inside of Iris' head. I get that they are trying to keep that a mystery (and Candice is doing a great job playing it), but eventually we have to see her side of things.

Harrison and his little innuendos that only we the audience get - classic...

I love love love this show. More than I should.

• Love 2

I could listen to Wentworth Miller monologue villainously all day long. Such a fun episode. I like the Prison Break boys as two of Barry's main rogue's gallery, and I hope to see them again soon. I wonder how they'll get their guns back from STAR labs. 

That FIRESTORM acronym was a bit much, but I'm interested in seeing where that leads. Especially with Spy Daddy joining the show. 

Spy Daddy Yes! Glad someone else noticed that pic. I was sure it was him when I glanced at it. Probably another competitor to Wells.

I really hope they don't start dumbing down Catlin. The woman is a bloody Dr, she knows her science and medical theories.I've noticed the women on the show get short riff when it comes to the smarts. Let them shine. Barry only seems to know his science when the plot calls for it, other wise he's  a dunder head.

• Love 3

I don't know what to think of that episode.

On one hand, the criminals were a blast and bought some much needed energy. On the other hand, it seemed like the good guys were just being used to set up future events. Add me to the group of people  who thought that crossing of the streams idea was stupid. He couldn't have gotten close enough to knock them out or something like that?

Wells, ok your catching the Cisco bug was pretty funny.

That meta shit with Cisco is going to get old really quick.

I didn't mind Caitlin trying to open the frozen door. She was trapped she had to try something. Also show, I see you setting up SnowBarry.

Eddie welcome to the show it only took them ten episodes to find something useful for you to do.

Iris on the other hand ..... No comment.

Or something more than a stuffed animal.

That stuffed animal that she loved and he took away from her as punishment and then completely forgot about.  That's dad of the year material right there.

Why in the hell would Iris run straight into an explosive crime scene for a front row viewing? "I saw on TV that something dangerous was going on, so I thought I'd unnecessarily put myself right in the middle of it". What? That was the second dumbest thing in this episode, the first one being Caitlin trying to open her frozen door. I'm laughing thinking about it. 

I loved the Cisco/Caitlin interactions in this episode. LOVED IT. I can't tell if I ship it or if I just really like their friendship, but when he said "Not while I'm around"...um, that was super cute.

Barry/Joe are the best thing ever. I hated that Joe called him "son", though. They really need to do everything in their power to make it clear that Iris and Barry are not foster siblings and don't consider each other as such.

Iris looked so hot in that blue dress and those black boots. My goodness!

Barry and Iris totally broke my heart, but not in that same (good) way that they did in the Christmas episode. This felt...different. If I didn't know any better, I would have considered this their "farewell" as Barry accepts that Iris doesn't love him that way and gives her and Eddie his blessing. I mean, he was helping her pack to move in with another man, for God's sake. And I didn't see much "longing" from Iris, but more so sadness that their friendship was changing, and a little bit of guilt because she doesn't feel the same way about him. I didn't like it. And at first, I thought their fist bump was cute, but then it actually made me really sad that they felt like they couldn't hug each other anymore. I loved their closeness and how they were always touchy/feeling with each other and used to walk arm and arm like a couple. And that will probably never happen again. Well, until they become an actual couple. But this episode seemed to totally close the door on that possibility.  

EDIT: Also, I'm disappointed that Iris went ahead and moved in with Eddie, for real. I didn't want them to drag this out that long, but it seems like this is going to be a legit love triangle (I honestly never considered it to be one before and would always get confused when people referred to one on the show). This is annoying to me because I find Eddie to be so dry and boring and I think he and Iris have zero chemistry. 

Edited by shar
  • Love 1

Love the Flash, and I'm glad it's back. However, the cheese was exceptionally strong in this episode. And the stupidity.

The only good thing about the crossing steams idea was the Ghostbusters reference, and Wells adding "and really very funny" to Cisco's antics. Give me Gregg247's A and B plans please. I also call BS on Joe being able to save Iris from the explosion without the Flash's super speed. Also, Cold's one-liners came across as exceptionally corny. Though if I'm to be honest, I'll take Flash's cheesy corn over Arrow's gloomy angst any day. I just don't remember it being spread on quite so thickly prior to the Christmas break. I did, however, love seeing the fight on multiple planes as the Flash ran up and down buildings.

Joe continues to be awesome. His interactions with Barry are just wonderful. The ones with Wells are good too, but they make me fear for Joe's well-being. I also like the running gag of busting Eddie's balls when it comes to Iris. Speaking of Eddie, way to have a big damn hero moment.

Since I never watched Prison Break, all the references to it were completely lost on me. However, I did want a meta-joke when Barry and Iris fist bumped. I would have liked a "friendship powers activate" line as a in-joke reference to the Wonder Twins.

• Love 1

Why in the hell would Iris run straight into an explosive crime scene for a front row viewing? "I saw on TV that something dangerous was going on, so I thought I'd unnecessarily put myself right in the middle of it". What? That was the second dumbest thing in this episode, the first one being Caitlin trying to open her frozen door. I'm laughing thinking about it.

Iris's was definitely the dumbest because Caitlin can get a pass for not thinking straight under those circumstances. 

Edited by Xander

Oooo that was fun! Barry and Joe were the best. I love that they're going to be roomies. I also loved Cisco and Caitlin. I can forgive Caitlin trying to open the door because she was caught in a moment of terror. She was trapped, she couldn't run. So really I don't blame her.

All the characters were good actually. I adore Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold. I hope he remains an annoying villain for Barry for a long time.

I just hope they don't drag out the triangle until I want to strangle everyone involved.

• Love 1
Iris's was definitely the dumbest because Caitlin can get a pass for not thinking straight under those circumstances.

True. I think the visual of Caitlin doing that it was made it so hilarious to me. I can only hope that there was some sort of purpose of Iris witnessing Flash's fight. I guess it could be that she saw him save Eddie and that may be what makes her forgive him.

I feel the opposite. I am so glad that there is no love triangle between Iris, Barry, and Eddie. Those are so cliche. I am overjoyed that Barry and Iris are handling this situation as adults. I would not want Iris and Barry's relationship to start because Barry sabotaged her relationship with Eddie.

I kind of give the show a pass on Joe/Barry Joe/Iris screen time. Barry is the star of the show. It makes sense for his story to be centralized. I also think we would be complaining about the reverse if she did get more screen time.

• Love 3

That was a fun episode and went by really fast. I'd forgotten how much I missed this show. 

Nice to see the Police Dep. getting some help from Star labs. I hope this continues. And I like how Eddie, Joe and Cisco got a chance to make things happen. But Eddie's change of heart came out of nowhere. 

Loved the Prison Break reunion. I didn't think Snart's sister was gonna show up so soon.

I love Joe's relationship with his kids, though I still resent him for lying to Iris about everything--I expect whatever happened to her mom is also a lie. Barry moving in was a sweet moment, though he is 25, so it's a bit awkward. And how nice to see some Joe/Iris sharing a moment, though I preferred they shared more and she was the one who told him about Barry confessing. Cause as of now, it seems like Joe has a more open, trusting relationship with Barry than Iris, even outside of the Flash secret. 

Edited by driedfruit
  • Love 1

I may be stupid but when Cisco explained the bad guys weapons my first thought was "wouldn't those shields have cracked from the superfreezing followed seconds later by superheating??"

I'm fairly sure that was the method used by the Fantastic Four to defeat Doctor Doom by super heating him and then pouring water on him. The fluctuation from one extreme temperature to another being bad for his metal. Those shields should have imploded from the extreme temperature fluctuations.

Also super hot and super cold doesn't necessarily equate into a conveniently disabling explosion.

How about Barry just throwing one of the shields at the bad guys... Then again I guess that would require Barry to have a battle strategy that doesn't read like it came from a comic book.

So apparently Eddie/The police department is totally cool with Flash/ Star Labs now? Conveniently forgetting that Star Labs lost a valuable prototype device from a rival company, killed or mutated a whole bunch of citizens, incidentally armed a super criminal with an advanced weapon and that Flash tried to kill a police officer and is basically a vigilante. Does that mean that Eddie's Flash Task Force will be abandoned ? Because The Flash is still breaking the law more often than not.

Cisco seems to have forgotten that those criminals had their super weapons long enough to learn to repair them...

Edited by wayne67

Iris showing up so casually to the big show down with a giant umbrella despite the fact that it wasn't raining was so ridiculous.

Caitlin I don't blame because 1. That was probably her best option and 2. I've opened some covered in ice car doors before and you kind of never know. Could have worked.

This was definitely not a big iris episode but I think that's ok now and then. It's not her show. Just don't make her dumb.

The "ghostbusters was surprisingly scientific" comment was hilarious.

Edited by Shanna