Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

• Start Topic

Yeah, there's a difference between "Great question!" - meaning  I'm glad you asked because that's a question I'm sure everyone is thinking! And "Hmmm... that's a really good question, a damn good question..." and I don't have an answer so I'm stalling.

This is making me remember when my boyfriend and I were driving to Ozzfest many years ago. Rob Zombie was being interviewed on the local radio station. Rob, my rock and roll boyfriend, was totally stoned. Every single time he was asked a question, his reply started with "Aw, man, that's a goooooood question." My bf and I were laughing so hard we were crying!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I think it was here that I talked about the mouse in my house a couple of weeks ago.  I finally caught the damned thing yesterday.  I had to move the trap a couple of times, after I found the mouse's entry point and blocked it, but I finally got it.  I'm sure it has friends and family, so I set up the second trap (they came in a two-pack) near where I caught the little bugger.  

In other news, Scrubbing Bubbles kills ants.  No idea why there were so many ants in my bathtub, or where they came from, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Browncoat said:

In other news, Scrubbing Bubbles kills ants.  No idea why there were so many ants in my bathtub, or where they came from, though.

My neighbor is having trouble with them getting into his kitchen. The small annoying ones. I’m going to let him know about this idea. Thanks. 
Glad you got your pest. I have cats so nothing survives in my house lol. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

My neighbor is having trouble with them getting into his kitchen.

Ants in the kitchen at least make sense.  There's food in the kitchen.  No food in my bathroom!  Maybe my ants needed toilet paper.

• LOL 17
1 hour ago, Browncoat said:

Ants in the kitchen at least make sense.  There's food in the kitchen.  No food in my bathroom!  Maybe my ants needed toilet paper.

I always get ants in the bathroom.  I've always wondered. Toothpaste?  Water?  Who knows?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Browncoat said:

3 hours ago, Browncoat said:

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I always get ants in the bathroom.  I've always wondered. Toothpaste?  Water?  Who knows?

It's the soap, they will go for the soap if they can't get food elsewhere. We have ant problems every year when it gets hot. We don't get rain in the summer, so the ground is hard & hot & the ants come into the house through the cracks. We find them in the bathroom all the time.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, magicdog said:

Peppermint essential oil is good to keep ants away and make the house smell nice.  Although if you have pets (cats especially) it could be an issue.  This site has other essential oils which can be use for the purpose.

It also works for mice.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, magicdog said:

Peppermint essential oil is good to keep ants away and make the house smell nice.  Although if you have pets (cats especially) it could be an issue.  This site has other essential oils which can be use for the purpose.

Pretty much ALL essential oils are poisonous to cats, you shouldn't use any of them if you have a cat.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
On 4/8/2020 at 2:26 PM, emma675 said:

I went to my 10th year reunion, realized why I was so happy to graduate, and have ignored all invitations to the 20th. It was supposed to be this year, but I doubt it will happen. I wouldn't have gone anyway, like others have said, I keep up with the people I choose to through social media 

I made the mistake of hosting a gathering at my place for my 15th reunion; granted, I went to a girls-only private Catholic high school and graduated from a class of less than 50, so our school doesn’t really do traditional high school reunions anyway. But I thought it was kinda sad how every few years the usual reunion organizers would practically beg us all to show up at some lame local restaurant and only a smattering of folks would show up, so I wanted to offer up something different, right? I was liked by most, had friends in most every clique, was president/officer of a few clubs and got a senior superlative, so why not??

Six gals showed up to my reunion event. SIX. We had a nice time and all, they ate and drank very well on my dime, but I still wanted to throw up my hands and go to our Facebook class reunion page and post: “This is why I was so glad to graduate; even back then I knew you girls were a bunch of boring bitches who don’t know how to party!!!” 

Needless to say, I haven’t bothered with any of our attempted reunions since then; I should expect no less since most of them got married had herds of kids by their late 20’s. So I just sit and judge who’s gotten the fattest/who looks the oldest on social media like everyone else does now. HS reunions are obviously all a bit outdated these days. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I’m always reminded of that joke Drew Carey used to tell about HS reunions:  you get the invitation in the mail and realize you have 6 months to make something of yourself.  [rolls dice] C’mon  7!!!

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I made the mistake of hosting a gathering at my place for my 15th reunion; granted, I went to a girls-only private Catholic high school and graduated from a class of less than 50, so our school doesn’t really do traditional high school reunions anyway. But I thought it was kinda sad how every few years the usual reunion organizers would practically beg us all to show up at some lame local restaurant and only a smattering of folks would show up, so I wanted to offer up something different, right? I was liked by most, had friends in most every clique, was president/officer of a few clubs and got a senior superlative, so why not??

Six gals showed up to my reunion event. SIX. We had a nice time and all, they ate and drank very well on my dime, but I still wanted to throw up my hands and go to our Facebook class reunion page and post: “This is why I was so glad to graduate; even back then I knew you girls were a bunch of boring bitches who don’t know how to party!!!” 

Needless to say, I haven’t bothered with any of our attempted reunions since then; I should expect no less since most of them got married had herds of kids by their late 20’s. So I just sit and judge who’s gotten the fattest/who looks the oldest on social media like everyone else does now. HS reunions are obviously all a bit outdated these days. 

I ALSO went to a private, girls-only school, but reunions are a VERY BIG DEAL.  Like, they host a huge dinner at the gym for the "honoured years" (those celebrating a reunion that is a multiple of 5), complete with cocktails with your class and chapel service (my school is Anglican).  I celebrated my 20th just two years ago.  I've gone every reunion year.  I DO find that independently scheduled reunions have lower numbers.

Edited by PRgal
  • Love 2

Rob, my rock and roll boyfriend

Hey now--back off! Everyone know's he's my celebrity boyfriend, haha! Even if my regular civilian BF says he looks like a dusty old shoe. To be fair, though, my actual BF calls all my celebrity BFs some variant of "old shoe" (don't you listen to him, Harrison; you're still a true specimen!).

• LOL 3

I know that I'm extremely lucky to have my job during this pandemic that has cost so many people their lives, health, and/or livelihoods. That said, though, FFS mainstream media and social media need to stop the barrage of stories which boil down to, "Now that you're at home with nothing to do, here's a gazillion ideas for what you can do with your greatly increased free time." Many people are in the same situation I am; I already worked from home full-time pre-Covid and will continue to do so post-Covid. My work expectations have not changed in the slightest. Bottom line is no, I don't have more free time than I used to; I'd argue less in fact because some services I used to take for granted are no longer available or if available, take a bit longer, such as going to the grocery store. As far as the media is concerned, there are groups of people who are working directly with pandemic victims (healthcare workers, etc.), people who have been laid off, and people who are newly working from home and in the company of spouses and children. Nobody else exists. Again, I realize I'm very lucky in the giant scheme of things. But I am so tired of seeing these articles hit my news feed or social media feeds that are telling me I now have time to learn how to make banana bread/ completely reorganize my kitchen/build a gazebo. Not going to happen. 

• Love 15

It's what I call the Cult of Busy (I called it that before coronavirus), but it goes by many different names. It's the notion that we must be doing something productive at all times; we must always be available; we must feel and be "important". It's poisonous, and I and some like-minded others* reject that way of being.

In the U.S. where capitalism has been allowed to explode at an unchecked and unregulated rate, we as citizens and workers are valued only by what we produce, not who we are as people, individuals, members of families, friends, contributors to society. We have been treated by employers, lawmakers and health insurance companies (as a few examples) as literally "human capital", and we are now seeing that treating people that way is actually killing them.

It's OK to just survive right now. This is an unprecedented time in our history. There are no guides for how to get through this. Know you are not alone, even if you feel like it. Set boundaries. What you can do each day is enough for you.

*I recommend The Nap Ministry on Instagram (@thenapministry).

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 14

I rarely worked from home before (my boss is fine with us working remotely when we need to, but not full time) and I've been remote for almost 6 weeks now. I'm actually busier and working harder from home than I did in the office. It's partly because the pandemic increased our work load and partly because I have a hard time learning how to turn off when I'm not in the office. 

So yeah, I'm not exactly rolling in free time over here. I basically collapse on the couch every night after working for 9 or 10 hours, I'm not looking for new house projects. All of those articles drive me nuts--I need to be less productive, not more. 

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

At high school reunions, those who aren't popular aren't going to all of a sudden become popular.  They are far more likely to be treated as badly as they were treated when they were in high school or perhaps being ignored entirely.  

But that's not what TV taught me!

• LOL 8
17 hours ago, bilgistic said:

It's what I call the Cult of Busy (I called it that before coronavirus), but it goes by many different names. It's the notion that we must be doing something productive at all times; we must always be available; we must feel and be "important". It's poisonous, and I and some like-minded others* reject that way of being.

In the U.S. where capitalism has been allowed to explode at an unchecked and unregulated rate, we as citizens and workers are valued only by what we produce, not who we are as people, individuals, members of families, friends, contributors to society. We have been treated by employers, lawmakers and health insurance companies (as a few examples) as literally "human capital", and we are now seeing that treating people that way is actually killing them.

It's OK to just survive right now. This is an unprecedented time in our history. There are no guides for how to get through this. Know you are not alone, even if you feel like it. Set boundaries. What you can do each day is enough for you.

Well said. I’m tired of people asking me “what did I accomplish” each and every day. Once I honestly answered that I had read a book. The reply was that “Oh, so you sat on your ass all day.”  No question about what book I’d read or if it was good. I too, am tired of living up to others expectations. The only people I give the right to judge me are my cats. That usually has something to with whether or not I chose the right food for their current taste or wants. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

I have had a hormonal migraine ALL WEEK and nothing I do will ease it. I keep taking my RX migraine meds and the migraine will retreat for awhile, and then it's right back again later/the next day. As a result, I have gotten very little done in the way of preparing for my move and I'm very pissed off. I haven't had one this bad in awhile. Stupid head with its stupid pain.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

I have had a hormonal migraine ALL WEEK and nothing I do will ease it. I keep taking my RX migraine meds and the migraine will retreat for awhile, and then it's right back again later/the next day. As a result, I have gotten very little done in the way of preparing for my move and I'm very pissed off. I haven't had one this bad in awhile. Stupid head with its stupid pain.

Huh. Me too! And mine aren't hormonal anymore. Today was my 4th day of sumatriptan and I never go more than 3 days. 
So I opened a couple of windows a couple of inches even though the wind chill is still below freezing, but at least no neighbors were running their dryers. Then I decided, screw it, and started working on one of the watercolor commissions anyway, even though migraines and meds cloud my thinking. I am happy to report that muscle memory carried the day (I've been painting for 57 years). 

This is a terrible time to be moving, @bilgistic, but one of my daughters managed to move at the beginning of this month and it was worth it! She now has a safe neighborhood with a view of trees, which is very important to her since she normally travels when she's not working, so staying home at all is torture for her. It's a good thing she's an "essential service" provider working away from home, because there is no way she could stay home otherwise.

• Love 5

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the tremendous amount of stress and emotional toil we're all experiencing... I just finished a two(?)-hour crying session, so things are going as well as could be expected over here.

Miiiiight need to schedule an online therapy appointment to help manage all this...

• Love 5
On 4/23/2020 at 10:05 PM, bilgistic said:

"we as citizens and workers are valued only by what we produce"

And by what we buy.  I hope that one silver cloud will be that rampant consumerism will be tempered because some people will realize they don't need to buy so many clothes, get a new car every three years, eat out constantly, buy the latest Apple product (even though their current one is more than adequate).  Obviously, I'm not talking about every level of society, and plenty of people live modestly and within their means, but the amount of debt/lack of savings is horrific.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Brookside said:

And by what we buy.  I hope that one silver cloud will be that rampant consumerism will be tempered because some people will realize they don't need to buy so many clothes, get a new car every three years, eat out constantly, buy the latest Apple product (even though their current one is more than adequate).  Obviously, I'm not talking about every level of society, and plenty of people live modestly and within their means, but the amount of debt/lack of savings is horrific.

Except that 70% of the economy is fueled by the consumers.  So tempering rampant consumerism if going to have huge impacts to the economy and jobs..

Not that I'm arguing that tempering consumerism is a bad thing.  I just find that everything in this pandemic is super complicated and fraught with very scary portents for the future.

• Love 5

I'd like people to get back in their cars and drive. Anywhere. Even for a Sunday drive in the country (which is actually a thing I'd kind of like to start doing myself as a weekly thing). Just something to drive up the demand for oil so there isn't too much for the storage capacity and the price will go up. I realize a lot of people would prefer people not to drive because of pollution, etc., but we need a higher price of oil where I live, for the state and for the people I know who work in the oil fields or have family members who work there.

My biggest peeve right now is pedestrians who appear to have never gone for a walk before in their lives, so they keep walking on the wrong side of the street (on streets with no sidewalks). They are walking with traffic, so that when I am out for my daily walk/run, I have to cross the street and walk with traffic to avoid them. It's not really a hardship because these are residential streets without a lot of traffic, but it's annoying -- almost as annoying as the bicyclists who ride against traffic.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, auntlada said:

My biggest peeve right now is pedestrians who appear to have never gone for a walk before in their lives, so they keep walking on the wrong side of the street (on streets with no sidewalks). They are walking with traffic, so that when I am out for my daily walk/run, I have to cross the street and walk with traffic to avoid them. It's not really a hardship because these are residential streets without a lot of traffic, but it's annoying -- almost as annoying as the bicyclists who ride against traffic.

This has bugged me for years. Maybe the pandemic will teach runners and pedestrians to walk against the the traffic if they get tired of cars following them at a walking pace either because there is too much 2-way traffic for the cars to go around them, or, like me, the drivers are not willing to go into the wrong lane (especially on a curve) and risk an on-coming collision and possible jail time for being at fault.  

ETA:

For anyone reading this who doesn't get it and is too embarrassed to ask:

• If you correctly walk against (towards) the traffic, even if there is a flow of cars in both directions, a car coming towards you can stop until you have walked around them.

• If you wrongly walk with (in the same direction as) the traffic, cars cannot legally or safely go around you, so the car must follow you at your 2 mile per hour pace. 
Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3

I try to go for a drive at least once a week, just to keep my car from sitting around, which I know is bad for the battery.  But I drive a hybrid, so after about five weeks, I'm still only down half a tank of gas.  I'm planning on filling up before the end of April, though, otherwise my fuel points will expire.

Ditto on the people who don't know which side of the road to walk on.  I'm not sure what will change that behavior, but I try to model it when I go for walks around my sidewalk-less neighborhood.  Folks around here who ride bicycles are much better about using the correct lane.

• Love 3
On 4/5/2020 at 7:20 PM, icemiser69 said:

I don't like surprises, and I don't like it when people pop in to visit without being given the heads up first.

I feel that way about unexpected video calls. I was in the process of getting a dental bridge made before the social distancing rules came into effect. So in the meanwhile, I have a detachable fake front tooth, AKA a flipper. Nothing like receiving a video call as I sit on the couch with my flipper in the bathroom.  Adding to that visual disaster - hair that needs cutting. Plus, what if I'm in the middle of cleaning the kitty litter? There's a lot to be said for an old fashioned hearing-only phone call. I would much rather have the other party imagine me looking my best. 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

This has bugged me for years. Maybe the pandemic will teach runners and pedestrians to walk against the the traffic if they get tired of cars following them at a walking pace either because there is too much 2-way traffic for the cars to go around them, or, like me, the drivers are not willing to go into the wrong lane (especially on a curve) and risk an on-coming collision and possible jail time for being at fault.  

ETA:

For anyone reading this who doesn't get it and is too embarrassed to ask:

• If you correctly walk against (towards) the traffic, even if there is a flow of cars in both directions, a car coming towards you can stop until you have walked around them.

• If you wrongly walk with (in the same direction as) the traffic, cars cannot legally or safely go around you, so the car must follow you at your 2 mile per hour pace. 

I don't walk much around here, for that reason - except for times in the past, when I walked in the middle of the night. I hate that we have no pavement here, or street lights (some people have outside lights lit all night, for that reason). But I try to remember to walk against traffic, when I do. We can also step into someone's front garden, as long as there isn't a ditch to fall into, but I really wish we had pavements. 

21 hours ago, emma675 said:

I've had a headache all week, too! I think mine is allergy related, which makes it hard to get rid of. Damn headaches, in whatever form they are.

I had a sinus headache for days. Dizziness, too. I realized what it was, as soon as my ears felt like they were trying to block. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Anela said:

I don't walk much around here, for that reason - except for times in the past, when I walked in the middle of the night. I hate that we have no pavement here, or street lights (some people have outside lights lit all night, for that reason). But I try to remember to walk against traffic, when I do. We can also step into someone's front garden, as long as there isn't a ditch to fall into, but I really wish we had pavements.

Please reassure us that when you walked in the dark, you were wearing light clothes or some kind of reflective wear.  I've had a few scary instances back in the day, when I was driving my kids to a pre-dawn, cluster (aka far from home) school bus stop, that I have had what felt like near-misses with walkers/runners in dark clothing - almost invisible!  And we had sidewalks!  They were choosing to be in the road!  I guess that's my pet peeve memory for the day.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Anela said:

I had a sinus headache for days. Dizziness, too. I realized what it was, as soon as my ears felt like they were trying to block.

Yes! I woke up with vertigo last Sunday and we've had crazy weather the last week. I'm so over spring allergies. 

• Love 2

My Dish hopper won't update the program guide!  I've unplugged it and plugged it back in twice now, and it still only goes until 7:30 tomorrow morning.  This hopper is practically new, too!  Anyone have any other suggestions, or do I just keep trying with the unplugging and plugging back in?  First world problems, I know, but it is annoying.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Please reassure us that when you walked in the dark, you were wearing light clothes or some kind of reflective wear.  I've had a few scary instances back in the day, when I was driving my kids to a pre-dawn, cluster (aka far from home) school bus stop, that I have had what felt like near-misses with walkers/runners in dark clothing - almost invisible!  And we had sidewalks!  They were choosing to be in the road!  I guess that's my pet peeve memory for the day.

I didn't, but I was out at 1am/2am, and always keeping an eye out for the odd car. Now, I have the phone on my light, but I don't walk like that anymore. If I do when it warms up again, I will have something that lights up. 🙂 

My pet peeve: I went into Lowe's to use the bathroom, as my dad stood in line with some plants I bought (food plants). I ended up standing in line with him, when a woman called out that four self-checkouts were open, and people who had been six feet apart in line, suddenly crowded together and walked right next to us, to get past. I hadn't been out of the house for almost two weeks, and I don't know if people are relaxing because of the protests and some places opening up again, but I feel better just staying here, or in the van, that rare time that I do go out. 😕 I'm not rude to anyone, I just try to quietly dodge people, but it freaks me out.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The writing on television these days is piss poor.   On most dramas, it has gotten pretty damn childish.

When you see reruns of shows like MTM, Hill St Blues, LA Law, Designing Women, Bob Newhart (his 1st series), Lou Grant, Taxi, early Cheers, that Tim Reid show that took place in New Orleans, Maude, etc., you wonder what happened to those great writers. The funny stuff just appeared *naturally* in the scripts. Nothing was forced. Even Looney Tunes from *way* back in the day were truly comedic (& subtle), meant for grown ups.  Did I miss any shows? I know there were a lot more, that we just enjoyed & took for granted.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, annzeepark914 said:

When you see reruns of shows like MTM, Hill St Blues, LA Law, Designing Women, Bob Newhart (his 1st series), Lou Grant, Taxi, early Cheers, that Tim Reid show that took place in New Orleans, Maude, etc., you wonder what happened to those great writers. The funny stuff just appeared *naturally* in the scripts. Nothing was forced. Even Looney Tunes from *way* back in the day were truly comedic (& subtle), meant for grown ups.  Did I miss any shows? I know there were a lot more, that we just enjoyed & took for granted.

I am really enjoying Cagney and Lacey reruns, and even though its gender awareness is dated, it was true for the time and, yes, @annzeepark914, after each episode I think to myself, "they sure don't write that well anymore." 
However, there is some good writing now (e.g. Better Call Saul), but there is a glut of shows now that there wasn't back when network shows got the best writers. I wonder how this will change in a post-Covid world.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Glitter.   Can't buy a damn greeting card without glitter from another card getting on it.   Can't get a card in the mail without glitter on it.

As a kid I used to love using glue and glitter, but I didn't have to clean that stuff up afterwards.  Glitter sticks to everything everywhere.  And whatever you do, don't sneeze while working with glitter, you will be creating your own personal multicolored snow globe.

I am slightly less annoyed by tinsel.   That stuff can get kind of sticky too, but at least it is big enough to see and pickup without using a magnifying glass.

You can buy pretty decent cards for just $1 at Trader Joes's (if you're near a major city) that are totally social-distanced from glitter.

I make my own, and, yes, I'm an artist and a craft person, but this is so simple a child could do it (as YouTube videos demonstrate):

1. Gather materials:
    • The heaviest paper you can find (but any paper will do; you can always iron it later)
    • Watercolors or whathaveyou (food coloring? tea?)
    • plastic wrap (or maybe wax paper, etc.)
    • paint brush (or sponge or fingers)

2. Spread some paint (or other colored liquid) around on the paper
    (after you've done a few  you might want to only color parts of the paper and not combine too many colors)

3. Crumple the plastic wrap (or whathaveyou) and press it on the paint on the paper
    Optional: put another layer of paper over it and some books for weight

4. Hard part: Let it dry. 

5. When dry, fold or cut to card shape (buy or make envelopes to fit)

6. Write a few words (or more).

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Peeve: people who bitch about something without reading the details. The All In Challenge is raising money by way of auctions and raffle for fan experiences. It's a great set-up and has a diverse mix of ways the average person can enter (10 raffle entries for $10).

My favorite musician has a major fan experience set-up as a raffle. But people are all over FB, Twitter and Instagram bitching that it's not fair for the average person, they won't be able to bid enough to win. Except it's not an auction! I get that some people can't swing even the $10 right now but this (and numerous) experiences are set-up to make it affordable and easy for the average person to enter.

Edited by theredhead77
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

You can buy pretty decent cards for just $1 at Trader Joes's (if you're near a major city) that are totally social-distanced from glitter.

Sigh, the term "social distancing" is going to forever be part of our lives now, isn't it?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Barney Miller and MASH.  Loved both shows, casts were excellent, and the writing superb.  I still remember the "I won't carry a gun" monologue that Hawkeye/Alan Alda delivered.

• Love 8
On 4/24/2020 at 7:03 PM, Mondrianyone said:

You do know they're not people, right?  😻

At least that's what I'm told.

You were told incorrectly, at least according to my cats.  (Otherwise known as little people with furry faces.)  😉

• Love 7
On 4/24/2020 at 4:03 PM, Mondrianyone said:

You do know they're not people, right?  😻

At least that's what I'm told.

Look at this video & tell me you still think they're not people

Click on the video so it takes you to the full page, for some reason the bottom of the video is cut off.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

He must be part, Peeping Tom Cat.  If I don't shut that bathroom door tight, he barges in without knocking first..

I had a dog who used to do that.  Over time he simply trained me to keep the door open when I used the bathroom (luckily I live alone). But one time when we were visiting my parents, he did it to my mom.  She screamed bloody murder and I ran over to find her on the toilet yelling for me to take my ‘pervert dog’ away.  My dog proudly grinned at me like ‘huzzah! I saved Grandma!’

• LOL 10
7 hours ago, GaT said:
9 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Sigh, the term "social distancing" is going to forever be part of our lives now, isn't it?

Pretty much. And I just made it an adjective. Once it's been used as a verb, next stop: The Oxford English Dictionary.

I heard the Canadians are changing it to "physical distancing," because Canadians have no problem admitting something else might be better.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7