Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

I loved that preview, now that is a good sneak peek. I love Gabriel stepping up and determined to protect Judith. Screw Spencer and his deal making. Rick has got a deal for them.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6

Love the 3 girls panel.

Chris was hilarious at the start with the riots about Darryl comments.

Even the EP acknowledges they did a parallel of the car ride with Rick and Morgan to be Rick and Shane from season 2. Except Rick is now the Shane.

Father Gabriel is like a flight attendant reciting rules in that sneak. 

• Love 1

I loved that preview, now that is a good sneak peek. I love Gabriel stepping up and determined to protect Judith. Screw Spencer and his deal making. Rick has got a deal for them.

Father Gabriel killed it in that scene, and Rick's genuine happiness about it was awesome.  Then Spencer piped up like an annoying brat.  Ugh.  He should never speak.

Sonequa was super gorgeous tonight.

Edited by peach
  • Love 8

Father Gabriel did kill it in that scene, but I find it annoying how everyone has to ask Rick for permission for everything. If Rick were truly a good leader he wouldn't need or expect people to bow down to him, that's too much like the Gov or Negan for my taste. Rick is getting too big for his britches. He has lots of people who are every bit as brave as he is (Glen, Maggie, Daryl, Carol, Abraham, Sasha, Rosita). Guess I'm just not a supreme leader fan.

• Love 1

I think the only reason Gabriel is asking that, is because he stabbed them in the back with Deanna.  Rick made it clear he doesn't trust him.  So, he asked if he's earned his trust now.  And Rick is genuinely happy to say that he does.  He doesn't like distrusting people.  If he were a smug leader, he'd make sure Gabriel always felt unsure and beneath him.   Spencer should just STFU, though.

Maggie seems to call the shots around the inside.  Rick couldn't even get a little sumpn sumpn because Michonne had to be on time for Maggie.  lol  Rick's the warlord.  Someone has to be in charge.  Seems like there's not a lot of permission seeking going on or Daryl, Glenn, Michonne, and Rosita wouldn't be held at gunpoint atm.

• Love 9

I give Spencer a pass for that one. He was just trying to verify what the backup plan is in case things go south, though it was obvious he was hoping for an option that wouldn't involve a fight.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 1

I give Spencer a pass for that one. He was just trying to verify what the backup plan is in case things go south, though it was obvious he was hoping for an option that wouldn't involve a fight.

Good point, but I can never quite forget him settling down the crowd at the food pantry, and then taking the food for himself.  I can just imagine the deal Spencer would make with the Saviors. 

• Love 4

Good point, but I can never quite forget him settling down the crowd at the food pantry, and then taking the food for himself.  I can just imagine the deal Spencer would make with the Saviors. 

Spencer is a bit of a sap, but has he ever screwed up his face like that before? It was such a pathetically juvenile affect. All I could think of was "poor Rosita".

I just got around to watching last week's Talking Dead - it would have to be one of my very favorites. Josh McDermitt was absolutely wonderful, and he acted as a cover for some of Hardwick's usual fratboy antics. I sometimes dread "popular" guests coming on because they have so much to live up to, so for me cast members are still the best guests. He's one of the best by a long shot. Christian still tended to ramble on in answers, but felt less stilted and really made a good team with Josh. The teacher was great too - very naturally confident but not desperately overbearing. And sad to say, he and Josh had more sexual chemistry than a number of pairings on the show over the years...

I will say if someone, even Chris Hardwick, tried to put some clumsy toy over my eye, I would not have a nice reaction.

• Love 2

I have to hold my own eyes open for the CPOA to put eyedrops in when I'm braced and expecting it. If Hardwick tried to mash something into my eye unexpectedly he'd be spitting out teeth a second later.

I know y'all are pissed at the show runners, but I really think they're "admitting" to a huge death on the couch tonight.

Plus. JDM is always a treat. And Norman's hair is CLEAN.

I am not pissed off at them, but I cannot watch Gimple and Kirkman live. I record TD so I watch the episode later this week. 

Norman does look great. I have never gotten the JDM love. 

I know y'all are pissed at the show runners, but I really think they're "admitting" to a huge death on the couch tonight.

So wait, we have to follow clues and hints as to who died? That's even WORSE!!!

So wait, we have to follow clues and hints as to who died? That's even WORSE!!!

It is worse. But I love JDM so much, that I'm making an effort to watch this. (I blame season 2 of Greys for this love. I can't hear Snow Patrol without thinking of him.)

• Love 4

Does Norman Reedus use a different voice for Daryl? Because I was listening to him tonight on TD and it struck me that he has a very pleasant speaking voice.

I find JDM so hot. Glasses! Beard! Wolfish grin! Lord help me.

• Love 6

Clean and not so dark.

• Love 2

News flash. I quit Lost over the opening of the hatch because they ended three different episodes on the same moment. This completely explains why I hate the pacing of this show.

Ironically, I watched the first 3 seasons of LOST while on bed rest for the last stretch of my pregnancy with my oldest, so none of the pacing issues bothered me.

• Love 1

Sure, the show runners can allude to a huge death, but at this point I simply don't care. The emotional impact will be negligible after such a cowardly cop out. Herschel's death ripped my heart out, but this...I just don't care anymore.

I love JDM.

Wow, backlash must already be huge...Hardwick is trying to rationalize the cliffhanger and actually said "they're not trying to screw with the fans".

Sorry. Not buying it.

• Love 11

Did I hear right? They are going to be doing Talking Dead all summer? What so we can listen to speculation and and non answers. Showrunners and actors who won't or can't answer any important questions. Isn't that what websites like this are for?

I don't I will be tuning into that as regular viewing unless it's YNB, Josh McDermott and Michael Cudlitz.

• Love 1

Sure, the show runners can allude to a huge death, but at this point I simply don't care. The emotional impact will be negligible after such a cowardly cop out. Herschel's death ripped my heart out, but this...I just don't care anymore.

I love JDM.

Wow, backlash must already be huge...Hardwick is trying to rationalize the cliffhanger and actually said "they're not trying to screw with the fans".

Sorry. Not buying it.

Spoken like the true fangirl he is....did he get a pat on the head and a cookie for that???  Barf.

• Love 1

Lots of good guest stars tonight but the show was still boring. Without being able to discuss who was killed, there was really not much going on except for talking about other AMC shows like Norman's motorcycle show and Fear the Walking Dead. As usual, they pick callers that ask fangirl/fanguy questions rather than actual questions that require some thought. I'm sure Warrior Grandma is a cool person but I would rather have someone talking about what actually happened in the show.

When Talking Dead first started, Chris and the audience members (and callers) used to discuss actual theories on what might have/may still happen and it was pretty great. Then they started with the polls, quizzes, fan art, fresh buzz, etc and there was no time left to talk about anything interesting. The show now mainly exists to sell stuff from the walking dead store, shill new AMC shows or existing shows, and for Chris to do his comedy and prop bits. Chris really used to seem like a huge fan but now he just makes lame jokes and talks about the props. 

• Love 7

I only watched the first few minutes, and the general atmosphere seemed...awkward.  Guess they weren't feeling any Twitter love.  There was a lot going on in my house, so it was just kind of on in the background.  Did Lauren Cohan say the actors didn't know who the victim was??

• Love 1

It is worse. But I love JDM so much, that I'm making an effort to watch this. (I blame season 2 of Greys for this love. I can't hear Snow Patrol without thinking of him.)

I've loved JDM from the dumb movie with Jennifer Garner. to the Comedian and John Winchester(who I have a love/hate relationship with)

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm pretty sure Kirkman hates Rick.  NO NO NO Negan and Rick are not two sides of the same coin. Nope. 

Did Kirkman say this? He is a weird conflicted dude. I was watching one of those featurettes on the DVD and he came off nothing like he does in interviews. In some ways, I wonder if he resents the tv show. It is so much better than the comics that he seems paralyzed by which direction to go. Gimple has a much clearer vision of the characters although even he seems muddled at times.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

Did Kirkman say this? He is a weird conflicted dude. I was watching one of those featurettes on the DVD and he came off nothing like he does in interviews. In some ways, I wonder if he resents the tv show. It is so much better than the comics that he seems paralyzed by which direction to go.

JDM is the one who said they were two sides of the same coin. Sorry I conflated those and I shouldn't have. And from his character's perspective I can see why he says that because he's talking about his character.

Kirkman said, "If we started this show with Negan in a hospital bed and followed him for 6 seasons and they have this group called the Saviors doing his thing we'd think Rick was the lunatic" Kirkman said if someone tuned in now and saw Rick they would think he's just as crazy as Negan.

He said of course people will hate Negan for killing a character beloved by everyone.

I think it's interesting that they keep pushing the mirror thing with Rick and Negan

And I tell you the thought crossed my mind...what if they kill Rick....JDM becomes the new Rick and Carl ends up with Negan as a new father...IF Andy were to leave.

I think it's interesting that they keep pushing the mirror thing with Rick and Negan.

They did the "villain of the season is Rick's mirror" thing with Shane, Phillip, and now Negan. Joe of the Claimers was probably to awful for them to go there with that false equivalency. It is intellectually lazy. I suspect they say this to stir up controversy and pander to some in the fan base. They definitely don't believe it is because they slip up every now and then and admit that Rick is nothing like these villains. In the featurette, I mentioned above Kirkman says that the reason that Rick defeats Phillip is because he has lived a different life. He goes on to say that if you treat people well and take care of the people around you that you are not alone and they will rally around you which is what always happens with Rick even when he is supposely defeated. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I only watched the first few minutes, and the general atmosphere seemed...awkward.  Guess they weren't feeling any Twitter love.  There was a lot going on in my house, so it was just kind of on in the background.  Did Lauren Cohan say the actors didn't know who the victim was??

I wasn't paying close attention to the show either. I've lost patience with Hardwick and the gimmicks. Once I heard smug Gimple try to offer his explanation for the cliffhanger - something about knowing the identity of the victim begins a new story (paraphrasing) - I tuned out. 

But I thought that I heard Lauren say that as well. That can't be. Production begins soon. The scripts are written. Actors would need to know if they still have a job on TWD. So why say that? More fake-out tactics? 

Edited by Ellaria Sand
Did Lauren Cohan say the actors didn't know who the victim was??

Yes she did  - which is a completely dick move for the producers to do to the actors.

So when the actor finds out that he/she was the one killed is it going to be another hostage situation  like they had with Steven Yeung.  When Yeung showed up on Talking Dead when we found out Glenn was not dead, Yeung looked like he was in a bunker and Gimple was his minder.

It's a horrible thing to do to those actors and this is such a great cast -they deserve better.  They have crowds that flock around those sets hoping to see what they can see and get autographs.  How do they plan to keep this a  secret??

I lost a lot of my love for the Talking Dead this season.  Show is there to help in the mourning - but  there has been no mourning and more anger on my part on being screwed with by the producers.

When I saw that Norman was on with Kirkman (why would you put him on when the fans are pissed) and Gimple - I thought they knew fans would be pissed and Norman would help placate some of that anger - NO - he was there to promote his new show.  I like your character Norman - but you are no Anthony Bourdain.  Bourdain has won a Peabody Award for his show - so chill the F out.

• Love 7

Wow, way too many people on that couch. Especially with Kirkman's ego. 

I literally hated every answer he gave. He is really just so full of himself. "You better call me MR. Kirkman". Alright. Simmer down there, big boy. But seriously, you can tell that dude is not interested in interesting, beautiful story telling. He just likes taking out eyes "because it's cool" and personally LOVES cliffhangers. Yea, because YOU know what's going to happen. I really wish they would have never brought him on as a writer-producer-whatever for this show. Pay him handsomely for the source work and move along. 

Why did I enjoy Reedus SO much more on TTD than I do on TWD? He's pretty adorable. Shoutout to Warrior Grandma and the lady who proposed a Daryl shower scene. You speak for America, Lady!!! 

I loved the on-set interview with Cudlitz and McDermitt. Those two are so cute and hilarious together. Rolling a dice to determine Abe's swear words, who knew?!

• Love 10

But I thought that I heard Lauren say that as well. That can't be. Production begins soon. The scripts are written. Actors would need to know if they still have a job on TWD. So why say that? More fake-out tactics?

I find this difficult to believe. They must have immediately filmed the whole death scene. If not, Lauren must have meant that most of the cast don't know. The actor who was let go must know. Based on the interviews with previous actors whose characters were killed, they are always told one or two episodes in advance.

• Love 1