Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

Why is Hardwick still doing that godawful annoying "redneck" accent and can someone in production ever advise him to stop? 

Yes, thank you!  It's 12 minutes into the new episode and he's already pulled it out twice.  STOP!!!

• Love 1

Well, at least CH noted the weird fact of Jesus wearing a leather coat and a wool hat--which drives me nuts.  Either Maggie or Michonne had on a little camisole this week and still looked kind of sweaty--then two minutes later, Abraham's all bundled up in a heavy coat with a fur collar.

It's odd for the wardrobe to be so horribly inconsistent.

• Love 2

The more Hardwick kvetches about Daryl dying and how all of America will implode if he does, the more I want Daryl to die.

It's horribly patronizing, as is the way he has always talked about Daryl fans. It was funny for a year or two, but 5 years...enough already.

• Love 4

Well, at least CH noted the weird fact of Jesus wearing a leather coat and a wool hat--which drives me nuts.  Either Maggie or Michonne had on a little camisole this week and still looked kind of sweaty--then two minutes later, Abraham's all bundled up in a heavy coat with a fur collar.

It's odd for the wardrobe to be so horribly inconsistent.

I think a character's wardrobe oddities might be directly related to how confident that character is of avoiding walker bites. This is a world where a little nibble will kill you, so thick clothes might be worth the discomfort. When an extra layer of leather might be the difference between living and dying, sweating doesn't seem so bad.

• Love 2

When an extra layer of leather might be the difference between living and dying, sweating doesn't seem so bad.

I've lived in Georgia.  I was sweating so much I think the Walker's teeth would have just slid off of my body.

• Love 7
I think a character's wardrobe oddities might be directly related to how confident that character is of avoiding walker bites. This is a world where a little nibble will kill you, so thick clothes might be worth the discomfort. When an extra layer of leather might be the difference between living and dying, sweating doesn't seem so bad.

Except you have several episodes of Abraham in nothing but his dingy wifebeater....then suddenly he's rocking a fur coat. So, to me, that's supposed to signify that it got cold. Except...right next to him is Daryl, all sweaty and greasy with his arms fully bared. It's inconsistent as hell. 

As for this episode of TTD, Lauren Cohan is gorgeous and I LOVE her short haircut. Thomas Payne was fun, but I feel like he didn't get to talk enough. I did not care for the comic dude that was on. At all. 

• Love 2

I liked the discussion about how the directors were trying to kill the actors.

And someone sent in a great tweet about how Rick's group has ruined so many things:  flowers, cookies, casseroles, and now pancakes.

Plus dolphins, shaving, sex in a car ...

• Love 1

Well, at least CH noted the weird fact of Jesus wearing a leather coat and a wool hat--which drives me nuts.

It is ridiculous, but also the nature of adapting comic to show. He showed up wearing what Jesus wore in the comics. Same reason why most people had such an issue with what Rosita was wearing when she was first introduced - in the real world, it's ridiculous (for her, short shorts and for Jesus, a leather trench)(though at least they're supposed to be in the Washington area now so a little further north). But I get wanted to pay homage to the look of the comic character. 

The more Hardwick jokes about rioting when Daryl dies, the more I wish he would. The only thing I want to remain true on this show is that no one is safe, outside of Carl and Rick. The more the show goes on, it seems like more and more people are added to that list. Daryl was the first, and I hate that he's untouchable. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I loved Thomas's answer for Jesus's (Ow! Two possessive words ending in "s".) probable subterfuge for falling against Darryl in the previous episode. He pretended to be unconscious so he could gather intelligence and for the pervy joy of leaning against Daryl.

After all, this Jesus is gay, and it's not like there's a lot of options during the apocalypse.

You take your unwashed gift horses when you can.

Edited by Richness
  • Love 3
(edited)

Spoiler?

While I think it can be inferred from their conversation and comments made on the air, I've edited the post so the outright spoiler is hidden behind a Spoiler tag. Sorry.

Edited by Richness

I just watched the first 4 episodes of a new show on Screen Junkies (YouTube channel) called Knocking The Walking Dead and it's great. Because they are not AMC owned they debate both the positives and the negatives and there is proper speculation and dissection of plot lines - not endless talk on how a special effect was created

While I agree it shouldn't have been here, you can't take all comic information as show canon.

Matters not one whit to me, as comic book discussion/spoiler talk is relegated to a special thread for a reason, and this was NOT brought up during TD.  I avoid ALL comic book references, and do not appreciate being even "potentially" spoiled.  It occurs far too often in episode threads, too.  One cannot unsee or unread anything.  [/rant]

• Love 2

Matters not one whit to me, as comic book discussion/spoiler talk is relegated to a special thread for a reason, and this was NOT brought up during TD. I avoid ALL comic book references, and do not appreciate being even "potentially" spoiled. It occurs far too often in episode threads, too. One cannot unsee or unread anything. [/rant]

I agree with you; I was just hoping that maybe the info wouldn't necessarily be a spoiler for your sake (and others). I'm particular about what I see also!

• Love 1

Matters not one whit to me, as comic book discussion/spoiler talk is relegated to a special thread for a reason, and this was NOT brought up during TD.  I avoid ALL comic book references, and do not appreciate being even "potentially" spoiled.  It occurs far too often in episode threads, too.  One cannot unsee or unread anything.  [/rant]

I've apologized for that spoiler and I do so again; it was NOT done intentionally to ruin your or anyone's show. However, Thomas *DID* discuss Jesus's motivations. I've done deleted the episode off my DVR, so I can't go back and replay it to do exact quotes. (Nor do I have an AMC account to watch it online.) But here's how I recall it going down:

The audience member asked if Jesus was just pretending to be unconscious when falling against Darryl. Thomas thought for a moment, then said that he thought Darryl was pretending to be unconscious at least some of the time so he could gather intelligence on Rick, Darryl, and their group if there was one. Then he added in a quieter, rapid voice that he was also doing it just to be close to Darryl, which caused him and the others to giggle.

That last part could have just been a joke that people have an attraction to Normon Reedus, but obviously, it isn't.

I've since edited the post to hide the spoiler behind appropriate tags, so further people won't be spoiled. I could delete that part out or the post entirely, but Jesus's motivations were discussed, and people here will wonder what everyone is going on about. I've owned up to my mistake and apologized for it. If you feel that the post should be deleted entirely, then go ahead and report the post to the moderator.

However, also keep in mind that this Talking Dead thread has absolutely no policy listed concerning spoiler discussion itself in this thread, unlike the episode threads with a pinned post at the top. I even glanced through the first 5 pages to see if there was any moderator comment on the subject, and there isn't. Yes, there are threads dedicated to spoiler discussion, and a speculation thread that says no spoilers. There isn't even a red Spoilers or green No Spoilers tag beside the thread header when viewing the list of topic threads.

If you don't like being spoiled, I think you're living dangerously by watching a talk show that discusses episodes in detail. They've done remarkably well to not spoil big things, but it definitely infers a lot when making allusions to other things.

• Love 3

Tonight's episode guests: Alanna Masterson (Tara), Ross Marquand (Aaron) and actor J.B. Smoove

I don't remember why, but I have negative feelings about JB. Was he terrible last time he was on? After searching it, he was on with Norman and Emily after Still (or Alone, or whatever episode that was) so that may be reason enough since I hated their episode of Walking Dead. 

• Love 3

I remember feeling like JB was trying waaaaaaaaaaaay too hard and was too manic. If he tones down his energy a notch or seven and keeps his comments on topic, he should be OK.

• Love 4
If you don't like being spoiled, I think you're living dangerously by watching a talk show that discusses episodes in detail. They've done remarkably well to not spoil big things, but it definitely infers a lot when making allusions to other things

I've no qualms watching Talking Dead.

Ross Marquand's voice is like honey butta.....mmmmm

And he has a pretty smile and curly hair and big blue eyes and is totally adorable and...

Wait, what were we talking about?

• Love 16

And he has a pretty smile and curly hair and big blue eyes and is totally adorable and...

Wait, what were we talking about?

How handsome he is and how cute Alana is...I'm pretty sure no one else is on the couch...right?

• Love 5

I was going to watch, to see Ross Marquand, but I'm still scarred from the last time Smoove was on and he did the gyrating and the endless talk about Daryl and Beth having sex - just awful. Why does this show have so many bad celebrity guests.

I was going to watch, to see Ross Marquand, but I'm still scarred from the last time Smoove was on and he did the gyrating and the endless talk about Daryl and Beth having sex - just awful. Why does this show have so many bad celebrity guests.

Well he's continuing with the sex talk...it's awkward and not funny

• Love 2

Smoove is terrible and not funny with all his sexual references. Let's just hear the actors talk! There are some non-involved people that add to the show, then there are the Smooves and Mansons.

• Love 3

I guess it's my penance for their not having Mindy Kaling back on to shit talk Michonne...

What did she say about Michonne? I don't like her so I probably changed the channel or blanked out when she was on because I remember nothing.