Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

I feel like I might go to hell for this but during the conversation about how they made the wolf's teeth so bad I was thinking they were still pretty jacked in real life, albeit much whiter. He's still very good looking, just...not really the gold standard for chompers.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 1

I think I'm the only one alive who doesn't think the Wolf is hot. Good actor, but not good looking at all, IMO. 

Carrie Underwood and her inane comments ruined this episode for me. 

Saving grace - Major Dodson (crazy name for a kid....or anyone, other than, you know, a Major in the Army) revealing that he goes antiquing with Melissa McBride!

I'm with you on all points, ghoulina.

• Love 2

Don't knock Carrie; she grew up an Okie from Muskogee.  Hell, she probably shoots better than Sasha.

I mean she's like probably a great shot, but I mean being a guest on TD doesn't, you know, involve shooting. It's more like talking about like stuff and, you know, thangs.

And no mercy on the "movies and shows" comment. It sounded like she didn't know how to get more specific than that.

Denise Huth talking about the cast being happy to be back together again. Yeah, we've noticed too, Denise, and it's been a problem.

• Love 3

Oh yes, Major Dodson is awesome, but not in the least bit sorry Sam made the cookie in the antpile. And I'm beginning to wonder about Greg Nicotero, do men wear scarves? I mean like the YouTube video shows you all the versions of scarf wearing but that's not usually dudes. 

• Love 4

Didn't Nicotero start with make-up and zombie wrangling, and now he has production and directing credits? The man is going to end up running the whole thing and probably usurping Kirkman in the comics world just for kicks. Which is all fine with me because I enjoy his enthusiasm.

I have zero interest in country music and Carrie Underwood did nothing to change that.

Benedict Samuel looked like he'd be fun if he had a better group to play off.

Major Dodson is a character but the older kid seemed a bit crushed about being off the show. I felt sad for him and I hated Ron.

• Love 8

I loved TD for quite awhile. I'm now completely annoyed by it. Hardwick talks incessantly and is oddly enthused by the gimmicks...the quizzes, the tweets, the polls. I fast-forwarded thru most of last night's episodes, basically whenever Hardwick or Carrie were speaking.

• Love 3

Didn't Nicotero start with make-up and zombie wrangling, and now he has production and directing credits? The man is going to end up running the whole thing and probably usurping Kirkman in the comics world just for kicks. Which is all fine with me because I enjoy his enthusiasm.

Fine by me as well. Nicotero loooooooves all things zombiesque and it shows.

• Love 3

I thought Carrie was Ok. I think a lot of young women would relate to Maggie. And I also don't think you need deep reasons for liking a comic book show. I do agree that Chris talks too much now, and there is less time for audience questions. I also think that in previous years, there was more discussion on the meaning of things and less things like making up names for characters (porchdick) and less silly props like the pudding lunch bucket.

• Love 4

I certainly couldn't list the themes and philosophies pertaining to zombie lore, and TWD in particular. That kind of literary criticism causes my eyes to glaze over. I got what Carrie Underwood was saying because I'm a genre person too. It just seemed to me that her train of thought ran off the main line and went nowhere.

As for my deep reasons for watching the show: Rick Grimes is hot, Team Richonne forever and zombies are awesome. Yeah, I'm well acquainted with the shallow end of most pools.

• Love 7

I mean she's like probably a great shot, but I mean being a guest on TD doesn't, you know, involve shooting. It's more like talking about like stuff and, you know, thangs.

Sowwy; when I posted that I was thinking specifically in terms of CH's question regarding Carrie's survival potential in the ZA, but I didn't communicate that. I will agree she seems to lack in articulation when a tune isn't involved.

• Love 1

Fine by me as well. Nicotero loooooooves all things zombiesque and it shows.

Greg started out as an assistant to OG efx guru Tom Savini.

Working on George Romero's Dead films.

Huge horror nerd.

While working on Day of the Dead, he also played a soldier that died.

During the Christmas break, he took a model of his severed head home.

Used it to scare the shit out of his poor unsuspecting mom.

• Love 7

Unless the non-TWD guest is a comedian--possessed of some talent for fast, funny, observational humor--I don't know why they think a celebrity guest who "really likes the show" is going to be any more interesting than I would be, or any other joe off the street, or out of the audience.

• Love 7

In my opinion it's because sometimes you get Yvette Nicole Brown. I agree with what you're saying, though. I don't think the girl from Paramour watched the show, the comedians always seem to be testing material for their acts, and Marilyn Manson...well...

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3

Next week Nathan Fillion will be on and I think he will be awesome, he is quick and funny, I'm sure he's an actual fan of the show and might make Chris Hardwicke less annoying. CAP'N TIGHTPANTS FOREVER.

As soon as I heard the two words Nathan Fillion, two other words popped to mind: F***ING AWESOME!!!

• Love 5

Back off! Mal is mine, Him and Wash are coming over to watch TWD with me and then we are gonna play dinosaurs!

Fine, be that way. But Castle and I are gonna go hit some bars and see how high we can run the bail requirement for a single night - and if I'm really lucky, it'll be Beckett reading us our rights.

Beckett.

Handcuffing me, and stuffing me in the back of her car.

Hmmm...

I'm sorry - what were we talking about...?

• Love 2

In my opinion it's because sometimes you get Yvette Nicole Brown. I agree with what you're saying, though. I don't think the girl from Paramour watched the show, the comedians always seem to be testing material for their acts, and Marilyn Manson...well...

Right!  And YNB refers to herself as an actor-comedian.  Jason Alexander and Kevin Smith, same.

Marilyn Manson and Carrie Underwood, huh-uh.

It will be interesting to see Nathan Fillion next week.  He always plays the charmer, but I've never seen him unscripted--is he naturally quick on his feet with the clever rejoinder?  What will he say when Chris Hardwick pops another artery going on about:  Should Rick and Michonne hook up??  What do YOU think, Nathan?!

• Love 1

He's very quick on his feet. And he really does do this "genre" ie comic to screen, be it superheroes or zombies, he knows his stuff. 

I won't fight you for Beckett, Nashville, we (me, Mal and Wash) play dinosaurs while you play bad cop. I think my head would explode if we ever got Jayne on Talking Dead. 

• Love 3

I think I should be awarded Mal and Jayne.  I've watched Serenity and Firefly too many times to count plus I own the DVD AND Bluray versions AND I have the special edition of Firefly on DVD.  So.  Oh, and of course I watched when Jayne was on Castle.

I record TD, just in case, but I don't usually watch it.  I don't like it anymore but wanted to check out the hot wolf but I didn't really find him very hot.  I WILL be watching Mal (ahem, Nathan) and hoping that Chris will keep his mania to a minimum for once.

• Love 1

Vera says you cannot have Mal and Jayne. Mine all mine. I watch virtually everything any Firefly cast member has ever been on and I don't even like the doctor or Book. I watched "My Bodyguard" in 1980something because I knew one day Adam Baldwin would someday be Jayne! I'll fight you for 'em, mostly if you pay me. 

I record so I can fast forward through douche nozzle moments. I do like behind the scenes things, how they film stuff, and the tidbits but I don't care about the quizzes or tweets, I can knock it out in 20 min.

• Love 3

And I made a twitter account just so I could follow Cap'n Tightpants!  *hangs head in shame*  I've never told that to anyone else in my life.

I would love to go to a Comic Con just to see the cast of Firefly.

Oh, I almost forgot.  This is the TD topic.  Um, yeh, I hated Marilyn Manson, too.

I would go with you to comic con to meet them but I would also lock you in a closet so they like me better.

Marilyn Manson was bad. Most of the dispatched cast members are awesome. Whether good guys or bad guys. Gareth the person was pretty cool, I love the Guvna as non Guvna and he completely squicks me out as the Guvna. Most people associated with the show are good guests because they genuinely like their work. Even though for a lot of them it's a final farewell. Not counting how terrible Kirkman makes the situation if he happens to be on.

• Love 1

Hardwick is horrible with the sex puns, but I am so happy about Richonne that I am just laughing.

Okay, I love that memoriam to Deanna. I second it. She helped Michonne realize that what she wanted all along was Rick. Love it!

Andy Lincoln is sexy as usual. Loved his reaction to the scene and saying that his mum would be so happy.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5

I never noticed this before - the "still" of Rick and Michonne standing at the top of the hillside looking down. Did it always show their hands moving into each others? 

Don't laugh at my ignorance, but who is this Nathan actor? Was he the Governor?

No he is in the show "Castle" and the cult show "Firefly".

Okay I just saw it again. It was obviously edited in honor of the hookup. :) 

Edited by SoSueMe
  • Love 2

I went back and watched the bit of TD that I missed so I could see Yvette. I loved her reaction to Richonne on screen. You and me both, girl! Yvette cracks me the hell up. Love her. I was so thrilled when she came up and was able to enjoy her Richonne moment with Danai who is relieved that the fans will not be bugging any more about it. Bwah!

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

I went back and watch the bit of TD that I missed so I could see Yvette. I loved her reaction to Richonne on screen. You and me both, girl! Yvette cracks me the hell up. Love her. I was so thrilled when she came up and was able to enjoy her Richonne moment with Danai who is relieved that the fans will not be bugging any more about it. Bwah!

I also kind of love that they couldn't promote her appearance because spoilers.

An unnamed cast member, probably dead.

An unnamed celebrity fan, Richonne action.

• Love 2

Danai is so lovely. And she is SO different from Michonne. It really speaks to what a wonderful actress she is. I love that she is annoyed by Richonne shippers. HA!

Fillion was hilarious, as always. While still be insightful and not overdoing it. 

I liked the actor who plays Spencer much better than Spencer. 

As much as I am an anti-shipper, YNB's reactions was so stinking adorable. I love her. The best part was, she's got her little notebook resting on her chest. That girl is my spirit animal. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 13

Cap'n Tightpants didn't disappoint. Although if Richonne hadn't happened I might have paid more attention. I was just all kinda "wow" they really did it! I would love to think YNB didn't know there was a camera on here, she can't possibly watch every single week knowing someone's watching her and if they specifically said "we want to watch you watching" you'd think her Richonne-Dar would be pinging off the charts.

• Love 2

Cap'n Tightpants didn't disappoint. Although if Richonne hadn't happened I might have paid more attention. I was just all kinda "wow" they really did it! I would love to think YNB didn't know there was a camera on here, she can't possibly watch every single week knowing someone's watching her and if they specifically said "we want to watch you watching" you'd think her Richonne-Dar would be pinging off the charts.

I'm sure they told YNB about the camera, but I think her reaction was what it would have been if there were 0, 1, or 12 cameras on her. She's very in touch with her emotions for this show.

• Love 6

I'm sure they told YNB about the camera, but I think her reaction was what it would have been if there were 0, 1, or 12 cameras on her. She's very in touch with her emotions for this show.

Ya think? :)

I was a little disappointed we didn't get a little more mic time with Fillion - but given (a) who he was sharing the couch with and (b) the subject matter of the associated episode, it was totally understandable.

• Love 3

Danai is definitely a bit long-winded with her answers, but it's delightful to see how much she clearly thinks about every aspect. And her looooong answers made for a hilarious contrast to NF's considered pauses, then succinct answers. "Which captain would do better?" <pause>.... "Yes." Ha!

CH gets two citations from the grammar/vocab police for this ep: "respite" is not pronounced as if it's spiting again; accent's on the first syllable. And then when comparing Michonne and Rick's reactions jumping out of bed, he said Michonne was "nonplussed." Damn, dude, that's the OPPOSITE of what you want to say. I love hearing underused vocab words, but not if you're a tv host and get it wrong.

• Love 4

I never remember his name either - he was the star of John from Cincinnati on HBO a few years ago, and I still have residual hate.

It would be great if someone would ask Danai if she was interested in writing an episode.

• Love 2

All you dedicated Fillion fans were right, he was a good guest!

(Better than Deanna's Son--who still hasn't been interesting enough to imprint his name on my brain.)

Other than Danai, of course, he (looking it up it's Austin Nicols) was the best part of TD for me. The story he told about how Tovah Feldsuh loved to rehearse and how he couldn't let himself see her face until the shot where Spencer killed Walker Deanna, but she wanted to rehearse anyway - it added a lot to those scenes for me.

I can't say Fillion did much for me. He was decent enough, but he seemed to take lengthy pauses before each answer and seemed hesitant about being there. I also never get the "every woman Rick is with dies" comment when up to this past episode, Rick had only been with two women throughout the entire run of the show, one of whom lasted for two and a half seasons, which is a long time on this show.

Why is Hardwick still doing that godawful annoying "redneck" accent and can someone in production ever advise him to stop? 

• Love 4