Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Star Sighting

• Start Topic

I totally agree. And I hope everyone voicing their opinion will keep this in mind. My opinion is that it A) may not be an age thing, they may be worried she's a gold-digger, or B) they didn't want to meet her for the first time on national TV, or C) they respected their son's wishes not to have it become a full-blown episode of RHoBH when they meet.

Well we know it's not B, as zoeysmom pointed out that Lisa's blog mentions that she works for her at SUR.  But on that note, I'm going to respectfully bow out of this particular conversation. 

Agreed. I can't stand her.  She seems like a cold fish who thinks she is much hotter than she actually is.

I think her actions are actually perfectly proportional to her degree of beauty.  Which is quite high. 

I'm really enjoying the 2 new cast members**.  Even though I was not a Days or Y&R watcher (Guiding Light. RIP! ) I enjoyed the peak behind the soap world that we get with Eileen.  I think she is being very real and honest about her relationship with Vince.  They enjoy one another but they DO bicker.  I think that's completely normal for most long-term relationships.  I honestly do not see them in the same "marriage in real trouble" light that I saw with Paul and Adrienne, or even the Beadors on RHoOC. 

Lisa R. just seems fun. She radiates a positive energy and a friendly vibe that I just really dig. 

**Of course I retain the right to flip on a dime and despise them with the passion of 10,000 burning suns, based on future episodes! Just wanted to be clear on that.   

• Love 9

I feel so old. I remember when Kim and Monty got married and had Brooke. Damn! Kim got married at 18 or 19 which is the same as Kyle and I believe Kathy also married very young. All married very rich men or came from families with wealth (guess I should say that). I had been a Kim Ricahrds fan since her days on Hello Larry and Different Strokes. Loved Witch Mountain. I think Kim has a real need to want to love and care for someone. Her children seem great. She did a great job with raising them in my opinion. I hope she can stay sober and well. Monty. I cried. It's always heartbreaking when someone is dying of cancer. I'm glad they have remained close all these years.

Yoli. Get a grip girl. Bella needs help. She's still only a teenager. Already having issues with alcohol abuse and driving on a suspended license will only lead to more issues if these aren't taken care of at the early stages. While I do think Gigi is a pretty girl. I don't find her model material. She ranks up there with Kendall Jenner. It's because of their name that they have gotten into the modeling industry. Not due to the hard work it takes to really become a model. Trust me. I know. My sister and I were models and I remember my mom having to drive us everywhere, be interviewed, have photos taken and then being told yes or no by the agents. It's not easy if you start from scratch.

I like Eileen. She seems real to me. Same with Lisa R.

LIsa V. I liked you the first few seasons, but you're losing me now. I'm finding you harder and harder to like with your holier than tho attitude.

Brandi. Have absolutely nothing nice to say about her. She needs to be fired from the show. That's it.

• Love 17
Methinks Lisa has gotten wind of the critical comments about how she treats her help. I think this was her attempt to show that she really does treat them well. It was a fail.

Eh, what's happened ever on this show that says Lisa is rotten to the help? Maybe she is but without knowing for sure, I think it's really insulting -- to Rocio -- to imply this. So she sat next to the dog; many employees would not be at that dining table in the first place.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8

I find Eileen a lot more genuine than Yolanda.  I actually think it's Yolanda that is "playing a role in front of the cameras" with her marriage, not Eileen. 

It's the Fosters that come off as total fakes.  At least with Adrienne and Paul never pretended to have this great blissful relationship, neither have the Bedores

• Love 13

Why does Kathy Hilton always look so pissy? I think she was jealous it wasn't one of her daughters getting married first.

I thought it was nice that Kim, her ex and the exes second wife all got along on the daughters wedding day. And her daughter looked beautiful and the guy she married was cute and looked so in love and happy. I liked his name too...Thayer.

I can't believe, well, yes I can, that Lisa had the hired help Rosario sit at the dinner table with them and then kicked her out when they started their smut talking. And she had seated Rosario next to Giggy! Oh yeah, you really treat her like family (sarcastic).

That's all I got right now.

One of Kathy's daughters DID get married first, although probably not how Kathy would have liked.  Nicky Hilton got married about 10 years ago, although I believe it was ultimately annulled.  I think she got married in Vegas, so I'm assuming none of the family was there.

• Love 4

Eh, what's happened ever on this show that says Lisa is rotten to the help? Maybe she is but without knowing for sure, I think it's really insulting -- to Rocio -- to imply this. So she sat next to the dog; many employees would not be at that dining table in the first place.

Which would've been more respectful than being seated next to a dog.   My issue could of course be that there was a dog at the dinner table, but that's a different debate.

• Love 11

Considering that they care more about Giggy than they do most anyone or anything else, it was probably an honor to be seated next to him.

Lol!!  Then I'll say the same thing I would to the parents of the small children I always seem to be seated in front of when flying.   If you feel that way, put them in the seat behind you.   I guess in this case it would be the seat next to Lisa or Ken.  

• Love 3

I love dogs. I really do, but, I can't believe Giggy never wants to just be a naked dog, doing dog stuff. I took my dog to the dog park in a sweater once and when it warmed up, I removed it. My dog got up on the table I laid it on, circled around the sweater and peed on it. Message about dressing him, received. I think David is kind of an idiot savant. Without the idiot part. Don't know what that would be called.

• Love 5

Which would've been more respectful than being seated next to a dog.   My issue could of course be that there was a dog at the dinner table, but that's a different debate.

Well, call me a trashy rube, but I'd be delighted to sit near and take care of that dog. Also, as the owner of two cats who seem to find the dining-room table the most comfortable place to sit--never mind the numerous squishy beds they have (including one in the shape of a shark's mouth), the little ingrates--in the whole house. But considering I'm an eat-in-front-of-the-TV type as well as a frequent housecleaner, I guess it doesn't really matter. Maybe Rocio is fine with her position and wouldn't enjoy implications that she's some poor downtrodden slave too meek to change her lot in life.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 9

If Max likes dating older women, then I think Lisa should be glad he isn't dating Adrienne.

I want a glass of Bella's mega strength wine to help me survive Christmas with my in-laws! I promise not to drive home!

Kim's storyline with Monty is very touching, but I hope she has a plan in place to help her cope when he passes.

Even though I want to see Eileen interact with the rest of the cast, it was interesting to see the Y&R set. I've never watched it, but I used to watch Days and AMC and liked the peek behind the scenes of a soap.

• Love 10

I've become (sadly) accustomed to the occasional cat-hair garnish, and luckily my dinner-party days are few and far between--and would be attended by fellow cat owners anyway (and my cats are surprisingly not people-food-driven...yet, at least; they're only a year old). Sometimes I worry more about the amount of my own hair that falls out, man. Every time I clean out the vacuum, I'm surprised I don't have a bald spot (like Giggy). Mainly though, I can only assume Rocio is (and the dinner guests) are OK with it. Haha--maybe it's Giggy who isn't impressed!

• Love 6

Have we heard Kim daughter's voice?  I honestly can't  remember, but between Kim and Monty's Raspy voices I would love to hear her speak, lol.

I really have so much admiration for Kim, Taking care of her ex says a lot about her. It is just so touching. I think she also took care of their mother when she was sick.

chlban, loved your story very nice.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7

I know Giggy has a skin condition & alopecia so that's why he wears the silly outfits outdoors.  But is alopecia different in animals than in humans? Why does that poor dog have to wear clothing that impedes his ability to just walk? I have a friend who has this issue and if he's going outside, he wears protective covering like hats, sunscreen etc.  But when he's inside, he removes his hat and I've even seen him walk around his home shirtless.

Anyway, on to more snark-worthy topics - Yolanda and the stupid picnic basket. The 1999 William Sonoma catalog called and wants its trend back.  Seriously?  Every scene she has with her "king" comes off more and more ingenuous and desperate. Yes, keeping romance alive in a marriage is important.  It's great to surprise a spouse with a romantic dinner/lunch on occasion.  But Yo seems to do these things a lot.  Plus, if I told my husband I was too busy to meet for lunch & he showed up in my office with a picnic basket (or more realistically, a take out bag from the sushi place down the block), I'd be annoyed.  If I say "I don't have time today" I mean it. Don't show up in my place of business and burst in on a meeting!  I wouldn't want my co-workers or clients to feel out of place.  I certainly don't want my boss seeing this either. If  my spouse knew I skipped lunch or had a busy day, having something already prepared when I get home would be an awesome way to show me some love and attention!  Maybe Yo is just "popping in" to make sure King David isn't shopping for a new subservient attendant?  I think David's music is meh at best.  He is talented I suppose & quite prolific, but it's not my taste.  His personality would make me stabby if I had to spend too much time listening to all his name dropping and "me-me-me" blather.

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 14

I would have liked less of LV in this episode -- I found her scenes pretty boring overall. I didn't like seeing them tote Giggy to Palm Springs in the extreme heat. And least of all subjecting him to the heat when Lisa was receiving her star -- I am pretty sure I saw someone holding Giggy in the row behind where Ken and Lisa sat where there was more shade, but even in the shade it was probably near 100 degrees.

I really enjoyed the scenes with Eileen Davidson and I look forward to seeing more of her as the season progresses. I have no doubt that she and her husband get on each other's nerves. Yes, there are shades reminiscent of Adrienne and Paul -- but I appreciate the authenticity I see in Eileen and Vincent and it doesn't mean their marriage is in trouble. I have a prickly marriage as well, my husband is more laid back and I'm type A and he seriously gets on my nerves and we bicker and I nitpick (not that I'm proud of it, but I'm aware of it & I work to be less so). And like someone said upthread, I would rather see a more authentic dynamic than Yo and David's, though I don't think Yo's is just for the camera -- she is desperately trying to hold onto David and she's been conditioned over many years to play the sexy, charming, beautiful, doting wife who is "on" all the time and pulls out all the stops to keep a man -- and yet she doesn't seem to require much emotionally from David as long as he provides her with a wealthy lifestyle and doesn't kick her to the curb or sleep around. It must be exhausting to be Yolanda with or without Lymes.

I liked seeing Kim and Monty and the love they have for one another. I worry about her when Monty passes and I hope to God she doesn't slip into an abyss. The wedding was beautiful and I'm glad we got to see a smidgen of it -- it was just the right amount of footage, not too much or too little. I'm surprised and relieved that Kim didn't invite her new bestie, Brandy. I'm not the biggest fan of the strapless wedding gown, though some I really find beautiful and tasteful, but I thought Brooke's looked way to big on top and need to be altered -- it looked like you could slip 2 fists down her chest, or maybe it was designed to be that open and it flared out for dramatic effect?

• Love 5

I love dogs. I really do, but, I can't believe Giggy never wants to just be a naked dog, doing dog stuff. I took my dog to the dog park in a sweater once and when it warmed up, I removed it. My dog got up on the table I laid it on, circled around the sweater and peed on it. Message about dressing him, received. I think David is kind of an idiot savant. Without the idiot part. Don't know what that would be called.

I think David is a savant too.  Somewhere on that musical spectrum.  To his great credit, he brought up the concept of the middle child to Yolanda who for once looked genuinely annoyed with him and shut that conversation right down, pronto!  She doesn't want to admit that the parenting of Bella has been anything less than stellar.  "HOW did this happen?   Whaaaaa ...."

I was getting shades of Glenn Close's character on Damages when Lisa was voicing her concern about Max and his forbidden amour.  Is it my imagination or is Lisa V sporting even fruitier and more butter wouldn't melt in her mouth British accent tones this season?  I really really don't like her intro tagline -- she sounds so over the top and affected.  Not feeling her in general so far.  Those saggy-boobed maxi sundresses look ridiculous on her. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 6

I think Kim has a real need to have someone or something to care for. It's what gives her a purpose for staying sober. How many people in this world are happy if they live alone and have no one to look forward to seeing every day?

Excuse me? I live alone and I assure you I am perfectly happy. I have a job and friends and I love doing whatever I want, going wherever I want, and spending whatever I please. I've been married (3 times) and I'll take ALONE any day. 

• Love 20

They have no choice other than to dress Giggy because of his Alopecia. He walks around their house and yard most of the time but you can see that he has issues walking as well. Lisa/Ken rescued him, had they not he would have been put down as a puppy. Giggy has a host of health issues aside from his lack of hair. All of the other dogs that they have are "normal" dogs, even though they may get a pink tint added to their fur at the groomers. LOL

lol, girl to each their own.  I had a furbaby and I wouldn't consider it any sort of special to have my food in the same proximity as a dog notorious for losing his hair.   Even if I did, honestly I wouldn't assume my guests would either.

You would hate coming to my house then! Neither of my furbabies sit at the dinner table but my 150 lb. Newf drools enough to make any fur on your cloths look mild! We have found drool on our 12 ft. ceilings after he shakes his head. LOL

I know Giggy has a skin condition & alopecia so that's why he wears the silly outfits outdoors.  But is alopecia different in animals than in humans? Why does that poor dog have to wear clothing that impedes his ability to just walk? I have a friend who has this issue and if he's going outside, he wears protective covering like hats, sunscreen etc.  But when he's inside, he removes his hat and I've even seen him walk around his home shirtless.

Anyway, on to more snark-worthy topics - Yolanda and the stupid picnic basket. The 1999 William Sonoma catalog called and wants its trend back.  Seriously?  Every scene she has with her "king" comes off more and more ingenuous and desperate. Yes, keeping romance alive in a marriage is important.  It's great to surprise a spouse with a romantic dinner/lunch on occasion.  But Yo seems to do these things a lot.  Plus, if I told my husband I was too busy to meet for lunch & he showed up in my office with a picnic basket (or more realistically, a take out bag from the sushi place down the block), I'd be annoyed.  If I say "I don't have time today" I mean it. Don't show up in my place of business and burst in on a meeting!  I wouldn't want my co-workers or clients to feel out of place.  I certainly don't want my boss seeing this either. If  my spouse knew I skipped lunch or had a busy day, having something already prepared when I get home would be an awesome way to show me some love and attention!  Maybe Yo is just "popping in" to make sure King David isn't shopping for a new subservient attendant?  I think David's music is meh at best.  He is talented I suppose & quite prolific, but it's not my taste.  His personality would make me stabby if I had to spend too much time listening to all his name dropping and "me-me-me" blather.

Only Giggys head and feet have fur so in the sun he could/would get a very bad sunburn and inside he would get cold, air conditioning, without clothes on. He also has other health problems and takes medicine daily. Lisa talked about it either season 1 or 2, they had to rush him to the vet, it was on the show. Had they not rescued him from the breeder he would have been put down as a puppy. Giggy is the only 1 of their many dogs that they dress or carry around even though he is not their only Pom.

• Love 5

I think David is a savant too.  Somewhere on that musical spectrum.  To his great credit, he brought up the concept of the middle child to Yolanda who for once looked genuinely annoyed with him and shut that conversation right down, pronto!  She doesn't want to admit that the parenting of Bella has been anything less than stellar.  "HOW did this happen?   Whaaaaa ...."

I was getting shades of Glenn Close's character on Damages when Lisa was voicing her concern about Max and his forbidden amour.  Is it my imagination or is Lisa V sporting even fruitier and more butter wouldn't melt in her mouth British accent tones this season?  I really really don't like her intro tagline -- she sounds so over the top and affected.  Not feeling her in general so far.  Those saggy-boobed maxi sundresses look ridiculous on her. 

I agree about David. IMO, he is socially awkward.  

In her blog this week, Lisa explains that Max's GF is an employee at SUR and that the relationship between Max and this woman has had some issues. She would have been better off not even mentioning he had a GF at all IMO.

• Love 4

Lance Bass, your joke was a fail.  It's not a "white t-shirt contest" it's a "wet t-shirt contest."   Or maybe that was the joke?  

Interesting that Lisa V. said she didn't want to ruin her ceremony by inviting her friends, so she invited Lisa R. Huh?  

Regarding Maurice's weight….he did just come off a vacation on a yacht, eating and drinking to his heart's content, and probably didn't work out.  I think he's entitled to put on a few pounds!   

Lisa is so rude!  So she welcomed Rocio to dine with them, but then mocks her, "do you have any idea what we're talking about?"   And then she sends her to the kitchen when the conversation gets too risqué.  I sure hope they pay her well.  

Edited because I hate misspelled words. 

Edited by Teddybear
  • Love 7

And like someone said upthread, I would rather see a more authentic dynamic than Yo and David's, though I don't think Yo's is just for the camera -- she is desperately trying to hold onto David and she's been conditioned over many years to play the sexy, charming, beautiful, doting wife who is "on" all the time and pulls out all the stops to keep a man -- and yet she doesn't seem to require much emotionally from David as long as he provides her with a wealthy lifestyle and doesn't kick her to the curb or sleep around. It must be exhausting to be Yolanda with or without Lymes.

I totally agree, although I assumed maybe she didn't really need his money given her first marriage.

David already looks checked out of that marriage.  But then again, he doesn't have to put forth much effort.  Remember her first season when she raved about how he actually came to the hospital for her surgery?  I remember thinking holy hell, lady. That's what spouses do for each other.  She's so in love with the man (and I think mostly that he plays music).  She has romanticized everything so much that he doesn't have to do anything for her.  

I bet that marriage will be over in a year.

• Love 9

There were a couple of incidents last year that had folks talking.  Namely when Lisa was donating evening clothes to a charity for under privileged young women trying to go to the prom. Rocio was helping her gather the frocks, and stroked one of them and said something about liking it. Ken let her know that she wasn't getting the dress, because she wasn't under privileged, that in fact she was quite privileged. It seemed strange to hear Ken, standing in his $10 million home, refer to the person who cleans their toilets as privileged.  She might love her job, and be more than lucky to have it, but it sounded elitist to let her know that she was lucky to have it. It could have been editing, but he sounded all kinds of dick-like when he said it.

Also, folks had mentioned that Rocio is always seen wearing little booties in the house over her shoes, while no one else is. They don't ask folks to remove their shoes, and Ken and Lisa don't seem to protect the floors from their shoes, but for whatever reason, Rocio always has booties on her shoes. Maybe she wants to wear them, since she is probably the person who does the cleaning, and she wants to make her life as easy as possible.  Either way, it just looks strange when you see it. 

The deal with Rocio sitting at the table looked all kinds of awkward to me. I am jaded, so what do I know, but it seemed so contrived. Lisa was rarely criticized for much last year, but she was hammered a bit (even on the Bravo blogs) for what looked to be poor treatment of Rocio. As has been mentioned by many, Lisa is nothing if not good at PR, and having Rocio sit at the table with her guests looked more like an attempt to show folks that she can indeed sit down and break bread with the little people. Again, I am jaded, but my radar goes up because we have never seen them include Rocio in any of their dining experiences before. Her role always seems to begin and end with bringing them tea in Lisa's bathroom. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 14

Yo would be amazed at what real husbands do.  My dad slept at the hospital for 10 days while my mom was there for surgery so she wouldn't be alone at night.  48 years of marriage...the real thing.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 23
They have no choice other than to dress Giggy because of his Alopecia. He walks around their house and yard most of the time but you can see that he has issues walking as well.

His clothes seem very restrictive to me -- she had to force his head through the neck hole, and the fabric tends to bunch up in his little doggie armpits.  That, and the way they swoop down and scoop him up so fast (did you see how fast Ken yanked him off the ground when he took him outside?), the poor thing is physically and psychologically hobbled.   He can't be comfortable even lying down, with all the weird layers of ruffles and trim -- how can that be comfortable between him and the ground/furniture?  His whole life must feel like when you've got a weird bunching of sheets under your body at night.  But he's powerless to fix it.

Rocio looked tremendously uncomfortable -- her expression was 100% :”why am I here?  I’ve worked for you for 10 years and you’ve never once made me sit at the table.”  

And she's got to give up the long hair.  She's too old for it and it is dragging her face down.

Remember how Kyle looked in the bobbed wig at an early season 20s party?  Short hair would be a major, major mistake.  Major.

Well of course she thinks it's a great season, she is getting a great edit. It's all about how fab Lisa is.

I'm really not seeing this as a great edit.  They're showing her wealth (and thank you, producers, for that!), but she's still coming off as crass, and they're showing it.  I almost think she's always been this over the top with her wide eyed wonderfulness, but they've edited it to a palatable degree.  Now they're showing her playing the wounded dove to such an extent it undermines what she's trying to accomplish.  The whole "Rocio's a part of the family" effort did her no favors.  If she were truly getting a favorable edit they would have left out that talking head where Lisa's proclaiming how much they value her.  Instead, I suspect they goaded her into expounding on why she had Rocio at the table, knowing how phony it would appear.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 11
Also, folks had mentioned that Rocio is always seen wearing little booties in the house over her shoes, while no one else is. They don't ask folks to remove their shoes, and Ken and Lisa don't seem to protect the floors from their shoes, but for whatever reason, Rocio always has booties on her shoes. Maybe she wants to wear them, since she is probably the person who does the cleaning, and she wants to make her life as easy as possible.  Either way, it just looks strange when you see it. 

I've never noticed this, but now I have a desire to strap some Swiffer cloths to my slippers...

• Love 5

Just what I needed another reason to hate Brandi and her ass wasn't on but 5 minutes.

Did I hear right? Did Brandi call Vivica a 'ghetto princess?' To her face? On the air? WTF?!? I wish Vivica would've checked Brandi's ass. Maybe Viv wasn't offended but I have come to hate shit like that. I am just having a problem with a white woman using the word 'ghetto' as an adjective to describe a black woman. No ma'am. I think it is classist and quite suspect. Just because a person is black doesn't mean they are from or about the ghetto.  I would rather a white woman or any woman outside the black race call me a black princess or Nubian princess but fucking ghetto princess? Or better yet, why not just call me a princess and leave all the suspect adjectives out of this. Heffa, you don't know me like that. YMMV.

Lisa can miss me with her poor me, I have no friends because they don't understand my sense of humor and take everything so seriously.  If someone had 'joked' (but not really) about Ken cheating on her per tabloid spec in front of her kids, I doubt she would have seen the humor in it either. When she does shit to others, they need to get over it and see it as a joke. When they do it to her, the moment needs to be relived, lashings of apologies need to follow along with pledges of undying allegiance.

I can understand Giggy's skin needing to be protected from the sun but I am always aghast not only by the garishness of the costumes (which is what they are) but by their apparent heaviness and stiffness. Shit looks like it is made out of polyester or some other kind of man made thick material. He is such a small dog and I would think his skin would need to breathe. Why don't they put him in lighter fabrics that breathe?

So as soon as Eileen stopped working they had money issues? WTH does Eileen's husband do for a living? He strikes me as a trust fund bae? The only job description I remember for him is that he was some kind of tennis pro and something to do with gambling. Nothing wrong with a 2 income family, but it strikes me as odd and dangerous given the opulently fabulous AND no doubt expensive Malibu lifestyle they are living.

I can see where others think Eileen and her husband's relationship parallel with Adrienne and Paul, however, I don't see the utter disdain and palatable distaste wafting off Eileen like I did Adrienne. 

Eileen looks way better in her day to day scenes than she does in her THs, which is a bit weird because it is usually the opposite. She looks about 10 year older in the TH and her clothing, jewelry and general styling choices in them are terrible. She looked so great in the kitchen scenes with that thirsty ass niece of hers.  So far her segments have been a bit meh and boring though but I will see if things pick up when she starts interacting with the other girls.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 10
There were a couple of incidents last year that had folks talking.

Oh, I know. Through not once have I unequivocally inferred that Rocio needs anyone to lead her by the hand to a better job. Assuming she doesn't know any better is disgusting and vaguely classist in my book.

Again, I am jaded, but my radar goes up because we have never seen them include Rocio in any of their dining experiences before. Her role always seems to begin and end with bringing them tea in Lisa's bathroom.

Which is part of her job, which, for all I know, she digs immensely. It doesn't look too bad from where I -- a pretty good housekeeper who likes the visible sense of accomplishment from cleaning and organizing -- sit writing and editing inane product copy in gloomy and cold North Jersey, actually. Also, we don't see that many of Lisa's in-home dinners anyway; maybe R. eats at the table with Lisa & Ken a lot when they're not being recorded. She's a grown woman who is certainly capable of not taking shit.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5

Just what I needed another reason to hate Brandi and her ass wasn't on but 5 minutes.

Did I hear right? Did Brandi call Vivica a 'ghetto princess?' To her face? On the air? WTF?!? I wish Vivica would've checked Brandi's ass. Maybe Viv wasn't offended but I have come to hate shit like that. I am just having a problem with a white woman using the word 'ghetto' as an adjective to describe a black woman. No ma'am. I think it is classist and quite suspect. Just because a person is black doesn't mean they are from or about the ghetto.  I would rather a white woman or any woman outside the black race call me a black princess or Nubian princess but fucking ghetto princess? Or better yet, why not just call me a princess and leave all the suspect adjectives out of this. Heffa, you don't know me like that. YMMV.

Thanks for the post Islandgal.  I am not a gal of color, but to me it sounded all kinds of wrong to call her a "ghetto princess".  

• Love 7

I thought it was kind of random, Vivica Fox appearing on Brandi's podcast...and then I saw a promo that they're both on the new season of Celebrity Apprentice. What in holy hell is going to go down on that show....?

• Love 4

They have no choice other than to dress Giggy because of his Alopecia. He walks around their house and yard most of the time but you can see that he has issues walking as well. Lisa/Ken rescued him, had they not he would have been put down as a puppy. Giggy has a host of health issues aside from his lack of hair. All of the other dogs that they have are "normal" dogs, even though they may get a pink tint added to their fur at the groomers. LOL

You would hate coming to my house then! Neither of my furbabies sit at the dinner table but my 150 lb. Newf drools enough to make any fur on your cloths look mild! We have found drool on our 12 ft. ceilings after he shakes his head. LOL

Only Giggys head and feet have fur so in the sun he could/would get a very bad sunburn and inside he would get cold, air conditioning, without clothes on. He also has other health problems and takes medicine daily. Lisa talked about it either season 1 or 2, they had to rush him to the vet, it was on the show. Had they not rescued him from the breeder he would have been put down as a puppy. Giggy is the only 1 of their many dogs that they dress or carry around even though he is not their only Pom.

Thank you Wire, I appreciate the history on Giggy.  Now I am concerned that Giggy is not long for the world with all his concomitant health issues.  I can't imagine poor Ken without Giggy.  The household assistant washing Giggy instead of his suit was truly a fun moment-I hope there was nothing detrimental to his health in getting an unscheduled bath.  Like the Chanel dog dish and Giggy's massive wardrobe I think it is a good sign these ladies put so much thought into pampering their pets.  Your story about the drool on the 12 foot ceiling made me laugh.

For some reason with the lack of conflict this season it has been a little refresher seeing Kyle's dogs-especially the shepherd with the one up and one down ear, Lisa and her menagerie, Yolanda and her horses and not seeing Kingsley go nuts on anyone (I am kind of hoping Kingsley has no air time this year), and not hearing Brandi say she hates Buddy.  I guess watching the women with their pets, in small doses, makes them much more human.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

Didn't Lisa say that Giggy couldn't go to Ojai because of the heat?

I too was feeling desperately sorry for Vivica for that appearance on Brandi's podcast. They were both so full of injections that it made me sad. IIRC Vivica got her start on Y&R maybe aroung the time of Shemar Moore. I definitely remember her talking later about how memorizing dialogue was something that was easy for her because she'd done daytime.

Monty is kind of charming. Maybe it's the accent IDK. I think it's nice that they all appear to get along. Kim isgoing to be devastated when the time comes.

Of all of the Housewives on this show Kyle still strikes me as the happiest.

Dwight, Ken, and Rocio were the only people at the dinner table who didn't look like they'd had any obvious work/filler/botox/whatever done.

I thought it was fun to see CBS with Eileen. I get the impression that Eileen has some potential to bring the crazy and that this is why Bravo picked her. (No way is she the only daytime diva* looking for an opportunity like this.) She talks about the marriage and the financial issues in a joking way but it seems like there couldbe some deep resentment there.

*I wonder how Andy would feel about someone like Susan Lucci doing RHNY? I feel like he'd love her too much to let her. Either that or he'd make sure she got some fabulous edit.

Also, didn't Deidre Hall appear with Kyle last season? I'd love, love, love it if we could get Eileen, Deidre, Kyle, and Lisa R together in a scene at some point. (I was Team Marlena during the 90s Kristen era.) I've read that Deidre is a piece of work in real life so it would be interesting see how the dynamic would be in a group like that. Kyle is happy to have guest spots on Days because acting is something she does on the side. Eileen is in demand as much as a daytime actress can be in demand these days. Deidre used to be top paid actress over at Days and these days it seems like she's happy to do a RHBH cameo just to get her name out there again. It's interesting how things can change.

• Love 2

I think Brandi said "ghetto Barbie."  She's always gotta to bring on da funk, that Brandi.  I can't imagine who tunes into such drivel.  

Lisa V is coming across, finally, as the nouveau witch she probably is.  So tired of the way she talks to Ken too, not that he doesn't deserve it.  "Come on ..." while he lugs her color-coordinated suitcases ... and "Oh, stop it!"  Shut up, Lisa -- get those spikes off your feet, put the damn dog down, and pick up your own ruddy valises of leisure luxury travel.  You can see how all of this has gone to her head.  Full on grande-dame mode now --- in the words of Snoopy:  bleeeeecccchhhh.

Bet anyone a dollar that the folks Rocio has dinner with on a regular basis, in real life, are capable of much more interesting conversation than this gang with their constant talk of vaginas, blowjobs, bikini waxes, and endless fawning over that little dog.  I don't think that Ken and LisaV have had sex in many years -- nothing unusual about that! -- and that the pet is called "sex monster" because he's a creature they can both love and hold in common.  Most folks who spend all day joking about genitalia and sex acts are simply not down to anything anymore.

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 13

Didn't Lisa say that Giggy couldn't go to Ojai because of the heat?

Actually, it was Palm Springs. The episode when Brandi educated us all on black people and swimming pools. Kim had mentioned that she was disappointed that Lisa didn't bring Giggy and Lisa commented that it was too hot for him in Palm Springs. I guess that 110 degrees in Palm Springs doesn't feel as hot to Giggy when Lisa is getting a Star. 

• Love 12

Lol, I know it's petty but I kind of hope somebody brings up the Palm Springs Giggy inconsistency.

I think Rocio should have been allowed to bring a guest.

Hey Avaleigh, if you want to say something petty, come sit next to me! 

Did I miss Rocio arriving? Was she already there getting things ready? I would love to see them making the 2 hour journey with her. 

• Love 2

PREACH! Although, at least this time if Giggy was drinking from a glass it would have been that of his owner's and not one belonging to someone else (Taylor's house I believe). It's her place, so she can do as she pleases....but yea, it squicks me out. 

Plus, if I told my husband I was too busy to meet for lunch & he showed up in my office with a picnic basket (or more realistically, a take out bag from the sushi place down the block), I'd be annoyed.  If I say "I don't have time today" I mean it. Don't show up in my place of business and burst in on a meeting!  I wouldn't want my co-workers or clients to feel out of place.  I certainly don't want my boss seeing this either.

Haha, no kidding. Totally reminds me of when Ross shows up at Rachel's new job with a picnic and a big stuffed ladybug, or whatever it was. 

• Love 4

Actually, it was Palm Springs. The episode when Brandi educated us all on black people and swimming pools. Kim had mentioned that she was disappointed that Lisa didn't bring Giggy and Lisa commented that it was too hot for him in Palm Springs. I guess that 110 degrees in Palm Springs doesn't feel as hot to Giggy when Lisa is getting a Star.

LOL!!

• Love 3

They should dress Giggy in a plain old cotton t-shirt his size. There is no need for all these restricting costumes. I think he'd be happier. Somebody call PETA, will ya? :)

Poor Rocio. She really looked uncomfortable. Especially when Lisa said "Take your plate and go into the kitchen, we're getting into sex talk now."

• Love 8

That is the man's job. If she wished to do it herself, he wouldn't have a job. Hopefully he is proud of his work and doesn't feel less than because his job IS to serve.

Except he wasn't drinking when that happened.

I think it does say something about Kim that her ex husbands seem to love and care about her as she does them.

Exactly.  Why the heck should she carry her drink to her room?  Should she make her bed too?  She's hired people to do this work - so let them do their work.  FTR - I can watch Lisa all day long.  She is what BH is all about to me (IMO).  

ETA:  RE Max and his older gal pal.  Didn't Lisa say to Max in the kitchen "darling thank you for not bringing your girlfriend this weekend.  We all haven't met her yet, and it would be so awkward to say, nice to see you....now I have to leave to go get a Star".  paraphrased.  It makes total sense to me.  You never introduce new people to the group on the day you're getting a star. duh.  BH101.

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 1

Remember how Kyle looked in the bobbed wig at an early season 20s party?  Short hair would be a major, major mistake.  Major.

I'm not saying she needs to go short, but she needs to go no longer than her boobs, IMO.  It's way too long now.  

• Love 2