Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, backhometome said:

Getting engaged just as the new season starts filming, talk about transparent. 

I cant even feel sorry for her what a fucking idiot. 

Timing is interesting. Jax proposes after losing his job at Sur.   His continued way "in" to the mess at Sur.

• Love 5

Brittany will get pregnant the first year, and they’ll be divorcing the second year.  I no longer feel sorry for her.  Anyone that stupid deserves everything he dishes out.  Blind Gossip says he cheated a week after giving her the ring.  He’s a serial cheater and that will never, ever change.  Stupid, stupid, STUPID girl.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Blind Gossip says he cheated a week after giving her the ring.  

I mean I totally believe he will cheat on her but they haven’t even been engaged a week.

• Love 4

I think it was said he cheated about a week *before* the engagement. Klassy. Makes me yearn for the days of a ring on a string and an apartment plastered with giant wedding photos.

• Love 2
On 6/8/2018 at 4:43 PM, backhometome said:

Getting engaged just as the new season starts filming, talk about transparent. 

I cant even feel sorry for her what a fucking idiot. 

Yeah, and for her to say "What a way to start season 7!!"...are you fucking kidding me with that? Idiots. 

• Love 3

My mom hastily married a Jax type with her second marriage. And just like Brittany, mom thought she could tame the bad boy with her honest, sweet ways while his family/friends gratefully fawned over her for “saving” their hopeless bad boy womanizer.

A little over a week after they got married, my mom caught her Jax-type husband sleeping with a random skank on his houseboat. When my mom confronted him about it and asked how he could do such a thing, his answer was, “You knew what kind of person I was when you married me; you should’ve expected this to happen.” 20+ years later of her turning a blind eye to his various conquests, endless fights and therapy sessions and pricy divorce issues, and she still refers to him as her best/worst mistake and curses wasting her best years on him.

I really hope Brittany isn’t doomed to end up like my mother. Because no matter how much therapy they get, there is just no real success for fully reforming men with sexual addictions and/or commitment issues.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

“You knew what kind of person I was when you married me; you should’ve expected this to happen.”

Your post is so relevant!  Can't you just hear Jax saying the same thing?  And honestly, it's kind of true!  He has 100% shown his true colors to her.  He hasn't hidden anything.  She knows who he is and she is freely choosing to commit to him and have children with him.  If she thinks marriage is going to change Jax, then really, the blame for the ultimate failure is almost as much on her as it will be on him. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

"...A little over a week after they got married, my mom caught her Jax-type husband sleeping with a random skank on his houseboat. When my mom confronted him about it and asked how he could do such a thing, his answer was, “You knew what kind of person I was when you married me; you should’ve expected this to happen.” 

This is exactly what I tell my husband when I come home from the mall on Saturdays with bags of clothes. 

When Jax cheats, and he will, I better not see Brittany crying about how could he do this to her. I wash my hands of her. Good luck, Brittany.

• Love 14
46 minutes ago, zenme said:

This is exactly what I tell my husband when I come home from the mall on Saturdays with bags of clothes. 

are you me?  LOL

Agreed, that expression that "when someone shows you who they are, believe them."

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, AnnieBananie said:

Whose marriage will end up lasting the longest: Tom/Katie, Scheana/Shay, or Brittany/Jax?

My guess would be for Katie and Tom. More-so because I think that Katie is making great strides in getting help with any of her issues and seems to be getting easier to live with than the days of Tequila Katie gone by. As long as when they aren’t together that Tom keeps his pants zipped I think that they’ll be ok. 

Brittany’s may last if she puts blinders on to what her husband would be doing. I read a Blind item that their engagement is for the show. That the ring is borrowed. I don’t believe everything I read. 

• Love 7
On 6/13/2018 at 11:39 AM, teapot said:

are you me?  LOL

Agreed, that expression that "when someone shows you who they are, believe them."

It's the proverb of the scorpion and the front. "What did you expect? You knew I was a scorpion." 

• Love 5

Does mean another season of "The Brittney and Jax show" because that's exactly what it was last season. And if we are going to be subjected to Brittney planning a wedding, her friends fawning all over her and Jax in his TH's talking about what a changed man he is then this show will have officially jumped the shark. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Does mean another season of "The Brittney and Jax show" because that's exactly what it was last season. And if we are going to be subjected to Brittney planning a wedding, her friends fawning all over her and Jax in his TH's talking about what a changed man he is then this show will have officially jumped the shark. 

Agreed. It wasn't popular, but I actually really enjoyed "Jax and Brittany Take Kentucky," but hated the J/B drama of this last season. So I'd MUCH prefer a spinoff dedicated to it and an S7 focus on the other folks. 

Out of curiosity I went to Ariana’s instagram and was surprised to see no mention of Vanderpump Rules in the heading. Could she be opting out of next season? 

I am betting that Tom and Katie will be pregnant very soon, if not already.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I am betting that Tom and Katie will be pregnant very soon, if not already.

I hope not. I might have to stop watching if any of the cast members have children and stay on the show. None of these people are emotionally mature enough to have children. I think this show would cease to be entertaining if children were significantly involved. The group’s friend’s baby and Stassi’s brother were only shown in small doses and none of these people were responsible for them for more than an hour.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Rumor has it that Kristen has been demoted to “friend” status. Lack of interesting storylines is the reason. I like watching her but Kristen has been fairly tame for quite a while. 

This bums me out big time.  The started so innocently with a group banding together.   I recall interviews in which they all agreed that if they were going to do the show, they'd agree to be open and honest.  It was a united front for sure.

It's all her own doing, I know, but it's sad none-the-less to see an original get the boot.

• Love 4

Doesn’t bother me one bit. She hasn’t been “Crazy Kristen” for quite a while, which is how she initially gained her reputation as a power player on this show. Then she got fired from SUR. Then she quit dating any SUR staff and was just hanging out. Then she just designed T-shirt’s and met her current fella. Then she got...boring. Just there. Oh she’d try to insert herself into various arguments, but otherwise she had NOTHING ELSE going on.

So yeah, she’s dead weight at this point. One could make the same argument of Stassi, but at least she had the whole redemption arc and was able to mend her relationship with the other cast members as well as with Lisa and get small storylines out of these interactions.

See, this was Kristen’s biggest mistake: she never tried to repair her relationship with Lisa or interact with any of the Vanderpump clan.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Doesn’t bother me one bit. She hasn’t been “Crazy Kristen” for quite a while, which is how she initially gained her reputation as a power player on this show. Then she got fired from SUR. Then she quit dating any SUR staff and was just hanging out. Then she just designed T-shirt’s and met her current fella. Then she got...boring. Just there. Oh she’d try to insert herself into various arguments, but otherwise she had NOTHING ELSE going on.

So yeah, she’s dead weight at this point. One could make the same argument of Stassi, but at least she had the whole redemption arc and was able to mend her relationship with the other cast members as well as with Lisa and get small storylines out of these interactions.

See, this was Kristen’s biggest mistake: she never tried to repair her relationship with Lisa or interact with any of the Vanderpump clan.

Personally, I'm okay without their fake-show-drama.  I think I like their Instagram stories better than the show;  they're all really friends!  It's interesting enough that they're friends with Lala now, or that Kristen left the girls' trip in Copenhagen under mysterious circumstances, or that everyone goes back & forth on Scheana, and we can always count on Jax being Jax.  I wish we could just watch them being friends & being real.

• Love 11
On 6/19/2018 at 11:45 AM, Juliegirlj said:

Rumor has it that Kristen has been demoted to “friend” status. Lack of interesting storylines is the reason. I like watching her but Kristen has been fairly tame for quite a while. 

Both Kristen and Stassi have tweeted that it isn't true that Kristen has been demoted. I think it's possible she might be based on the last two seasons (particularly last season) and Lisa's dislike for her, but it sounds like it hasn't happened yet. With the housewives, some are told before the season begins that they're being demoted, but others aren't demoted until after they've finished filming and the producers find they didn't provide enough of a storyline or there were more important storylines to film up the season. I think VPR is probably the same. 

• Love 1

Yea I follow most of them on Instagram and they all seem to get along pretty well and have fun a lot. I don’t need fake drama it’s actually more fun seeing them all hang.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Marley said:

Yea I follow most of them on Instagram and they all seem to get along pretty well and have fun a lot. I don’t need fake drama it’s actually more fun seeing them all hang.

This is how I feel. When I see them hanging out(which they tend to do) it makes me wish this is what they would show. It seems like Schena might be the only one who isn’t always hanging or with them anymore, but the rest kind of are.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

It seems like Schena might be the only one who isn’t always hanging or with them anymore, but the rest kind of are.

I’m on the fence regarding Schena. I really can’t stand her because I think she’s fake, shallow, and vapid. On the other hand, she’s so clueless that I have to laugh at her stupidity (ie. Rob.) She certainly seems to live in her own delusional bubble.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AntAnn said:

I’m on the fence regarding Schena. I really can’t stand her because I think she’s fake, shallow, and vapid. On the other hand, she’s so clueless that I have to laugh at her stupidity (ie. Rob.) She certainly seems to live in her own delusional bubble.

Ditto!!! I never have been able to stand her, in all her vapid, delusional narcissist glory, complete with her ongoing victim complex—-yet her complete stupidity and self-absorption also make for such great television. Some of my absolute favorite moments from this season have been her pathetically ogling and babbling on about ROB...rob...rob, rob, ROBBBB!!! ((And then to know he dumped her as soon as filming ended? Hahahhh!!))

Yet she’s so fun to hate; I used to feel this exact same way about Kristen before she got so sane/boring. But Scheana is just as bitchy as Kristen, she’s just much stealthier about it. 

Also, she brought us the tacky two season saga of her marriage/detox TV dinners with Capri Sun/divorce with Shay. And the bar top hot pants dance of “Good As Gold.” And that first season/first scene tawdry post-affair confrontation with Brandi Glanville.

Scheana may be a pathetic try-hard twat, but I sure wish I could quit her.

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, b2H said:

Isn’t Scheana in Vegas with show?   That way, she doesn’t have to hangout with anyone.  Wonder if she’s returning?

I’m pretty sure she’s still part of the show? I haven’t heard anything and she was at the mtv awards and yeah on her end she would never give up her place on the show so it would have a producers decision if she wasn’t.

(edited)
13 hours ago, b2H said:

Isn’t Scheana in Vegas with show?   That way, she doesn’t have to hangout with anyone.  Wonder if she’s returning?

Her run in the Las Vegas show ended. It was scheduled to end just as the show begins filming. I think she moved further west (Marina Del Rey maybe) in L.A. The rest of the cast lives in or close to West Hollywood, closer to SUR, so I would imagine she’s not hanging out with them as much. Getting from Marina del Rey to the West Hollywood area is a total pain. And it seemed like she’s on the outs with everyone but Ariana (and Tom Sandoval). 

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 4
(edited)

Coming to post about more on the social media front and the birthday parties- Stassi and Arinia seem pretty good now, as do Kristen and Arinia. It also seems like every cast member was there, except foR James? I don’t have him on social media but I didn’t see him in anyone’s posts from the party? So I could be wrong. Everyone else was there though. I did check his Instagram and stories and didn’t see anything so he’s the only cast member missing.

I would actually prefer for them to all get along. And the truth is, I think they all do.. enough to be adults. The problem will probably be manufactured drama(which yeah of course this is a reality show) but I’ll be curious to see who plays into it. You can always tell with this show. But it also doesn’t help that a lot of us follow them on social media and can easily put bits and pieces together for the real stories. Like.. even two seasons later, the katie and Tom bachelor/ette parties looked so much more fun than the drama and crying feast we were shown on tv. It looked like a lot of fun so when I saw this episode I was perplexed. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Coming to post about more on the social media front and the birthday parties- Stassi and Arinia seem pretty good now, as do Kristen and Arinia. It also seems like every cast member was there, except foR James? I don’t have him on social media but I didn’t see him in anyone’s posts from the party? So I could be wrong. Everyone else was there though. I did check his Instagram and stories and didn’t see anything so he’s the only cast member missing.

Was Scheana there?  I don't think I saw her, which struck me as strange, b/c aren't/weren't she & Ariana best friends?

(which is beyond bizarre, I *cannot* imagine what the hell those two would have to talk about!!)

1 hour ago, teapot said:

Was Scheana there?  I don't think I saw her, which struck me as strange, b/c aren't/weren't she & Ariana best friends?

(which is beyond bizarre, I *cannot* imagine what the hell those two would have to talk about!!)

I didn’t think she was there at first but then I saw her Instagram story and she was there, she posted things from the party and wished both of them a happy birthday.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I didn’t think she was there at first but then I saw her Instagram story and she was there, she posted things from the party and wished both of them a happy birthday.

See, I just want to splice all of their IG stories together and view *that* instead of some pretend storyline!!

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, teapot said:

See, I just want to splice all of their IG stories together and view *that* instead of some pretend storyline!!

Same. But I bet there will be some sort of “drama” at this party. I’m sure the producers are going to make them do something. It just seems odd because they all seemed to be having a good time.

• Love 1

Yep, I’m also convinced that they are forced by production to act out some sort of dramatic occurrence or stage fights at any of their social gatherings. Just like with most of the “Southern Charm” cast too, if you follow these guys on social media, you’ll see that they all get along and hang out otherwise outside of the show. 

Hey, get my friends and I that drunk and pay us enough money, and we’d stage silly pretend fights and have fake arguments on tv too!

• Love 4

Yeah.. I mean i get it, but honestly I would rather see them justbgaving fun. I know some people would be like “that’s boring” but honestly I find it more fun to watch then dress up and do silly things like when they went to that sbtb thing a couple months ago and dressed up. That would be fun to watch.

• Love 8