Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

Not sure where else to put this so it goes here...

I just tried Vanderpump pink sangria. It's not bad! Fruity and sweet, but not TOO sweet. It'd be good for summer.

If you have a Buca di Beppo nearby, see if it's on the menu!

Consider this taking one for the team. I sat next to a kid blaring Angry Birds -- at the bar.

• Love 1

Highly, highly recommend listening to http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=781&pid=1636461.

This is Heather McDonald's podcast (comedienne/wannabe OC housewife) and Kristen comes on as a guest at about the 22 minute mark. Some highlights:

James' mom stole Kristen's credit card info and used it to get botox

Miami Girl knew extremely specific VPR contract details including individual salaries and a lot of inside personal information

Kristen believes Ariana is either in complete denial or they made a pact to never make Tom's cheating a part of the show and move on with their relationship

Jax told Kristen Tom cheated on Ariana BEFORE an identical account was sold to the tabloids by Miami Girl herself and before Kristen found her on Instagram

LVP and Ken referred to Kristen as "girl", as in "Girl, fetch me a glass of wine" her first year working at SUR

Kristen found out Tom and Ariana were sneaking around with each other by hacking Tom's phone (LOL) and checking his cache for deleted Uber receipts that revealed he was going to Ariana's house and pretending to be somewhere else.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 5
(edited)

On Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, LVP and Ken said they're opening a new restaurant, to be managed by Max. This paperwork says it's near P.U.M.P.:  http://www.weho.org/Home/ShowDocument?id=25270

Speculation they might film a Vanderpump Rules spinoff there:  http://news.lalate.com/2016/03/31/pinkys-restaurant-lisa-vanderpump-rhobh-pump-rules-spinoff-exclusive/

Edited by editorgrrl
Cross-posted to RHBH.
(edited)
On 3/30/2016 at 8:22 AM, The Mighty Peanut said:

Highly, highly recommend listening to http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=781&pid=1636461.

This is Heather McDonald's podcast (comedienne/wannabe OC housewife) and Kristen comes on as a guest at about the 22 minute mark. Some highlights:

James' mom stole Kristen's credit card info and used it to get botox

Miami Girl knew extremely specific VPR contract details including individual salaries and a lot of inside personal information

Kristen believes Ariana is either in complete denial or they made a pact to never make Tom's cheating a part of the show and move on with their relationship

Jax told Kristen Tom cheated on Ariana BEFORE an identical account was sold to the tabloids by Miami Girl herself and before Kristen found her on Instagram

LVP and Ken referred to Kristen as "girl", as in "Girl, fetch me a glass of wine" her first year working at SUR

Kristen found out Tom and Ariana were sneaking around with each other by hacking Tom's phone (LOL) and checking his cache for deleted Uber receipts that revealed he was going to Ariana's house and pretending to be somewhere else.

I loved that Kristen let it drop that Miami girl had to pay her own way to LA, since the show was too cheap to fly her out there.  Did you listen to the one Heather McDonald did with Scheana?  It was the first interview that actually made me like Scheana.  Scheana dropped a lot of dirt too:

-Scheana said that outside of their salary, the show doesn't pay for shit.  She said they get a small stipend at the beginning of the season for clothes, but she uses hers for makeup.  She also said that Bravo will give them a small stipend for a party (under $500), but that because they all drink so much, it runs out quickly.
-She was VERY insistent that she paid for the wedding.  However, she did say called in a lot of favors to make it work - the flower guy gave her a 50% discount, Pandora gifted her all the booze, etc.  Heather McDonald scoffed a couple of times that Bravo didn't pay, but Scheana said they absolutely didn't, and that she and Shay actually delayed their wedding because Bravo wanted to film it.
-She said Shay hated the way he was portrayed on the show (this interview took place when only a few episodes of season 4 aired) and said that he tried to get them not to film him, but that he couldn't get out of the contract.  
-Katie apparently dyed her hair the day before they started shooting season 2 and wanted to change it immediately, but Bravo said "no" because their contracts say they can't change their appearance once filming starts, and so she didn't have a chance to dye it back.
-She said she truly doesn't think Brittany knew Jax before the show, but said "another girl you'll see this season is dating someone on the show and claimed she'd never seen the show, but we found out that was a lie."  She must've been talking about Peter's girlfriend, because she would've been the only other "girlfriend" who wasn't a cast member.  She also said Carmen absolutely knew who Jax was and lied that she didn't so that she could get on the show.
-She normally has way fewer wedding photos up, but production couldn't clear a lot of the pictures she had in her house (a lot of replicas of art and album covers), so she ordered the wedding photos so the walls didn't look bare.  
-She's been friends with Kristen for longer than Ariana (she's known Kristen for 7 years) and that's why she has so much loyalty to her.

Edited by Princess Sparkle
typo
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I loved that Kristen let it drop that Miami girl had to pay her own way to LA, since the show was too cheap to fly her out there.  Did you listen to the one Heather McDonald did with Scheana?  It was the first interview that actually made me like Scheana.  Scheana dropped a lot of dirt too:

-Scheana said that outside of their salary, the show doesn't pay for shit.  She said they get a small stipend at the beginning of the season for clothes, but she uses hers for makeup.  She also said that Bravo will give them a small stipend for a party (under $500), but that because they all drink so much, it runs out quickly.
-She was VERY insistent that she paid for the wedding.  However, she did say called in a lot of favors to make it work - the flower guy gave her a 50% discount, Pandora gifted her all the booze, etc.  Heather McDonald scoffed a couple of times that Bravo didn't pay, but Scheana said they absolutely didn't, and that she and Shay actually delayed their wedding because Bravo wanted to film it.
-She said Shay hated the way he was portrayed on the show (this interview took place when only a few episodes of season 4 aired) and said that he tried to get them not to film him, but that he couldn't get out of the contract.  
-Katie apparently dyed her hair the day before they started shooting season 2 and wanted to change it immediately, but Bravo said "no" because their contracts say they can't change their appearance once filming starts, and so she did't have a chance to dye it back.
-She said she truly doesn't think Brittany knew Jax before the show, but said "another girl you'll see this season is dating someone on the show and claimed she'd never seen the show, but we found out that was a lie."  She must've been talking about Peter's girlfriend, because she would've been the only other "girlfriend" who wasn't a cast member.  She also said Carmen absolutely knew who Jax was and lied that she didn't so that she could get on the show.
-She normally has way fewer wedding photos up, but production couldn't clear a lot of the pictures she had in her house (a lot of replicas of art and album covers), so she ordered the wedding photos so the walls didn't look bare.  
-She's been friends with Kristen for longer than Ariana (she's known Kristen for 7 years) and that's why she has so much loyalty to her.

I listen to Stassi's podcast, (she is surprisingly down to earth and very, very normal) and I'm loving that Stassi, Katie, Scheana & Kristen (and their friend Rachael the  "not-funny comedienne" ) are all getting along and are  this little girl squad right now.  it sounds like they're having a blast.

Edited by teapot
I only really quoted because when I tried to make a new post, it showed up with a strike-through
  • Love 3

I love that the four of them are getting along now, and based on Scheana's snapchat (*hangs head in shame*) it looks like they hang out a lot with Brittany too.  Spoiler tagging this next part since it'll probably come up next season,

Spoiler

but it looks like Lisa must've relented, because it also appears that Brittany now works at Sur.  Scheana has snapped them working some shifts together, and Brittany's wearing the SUR server purple dress.

Oooh - that reminds me of two other things Scheana said.  She said that they all hate the SUR uniforms and beg Lisa to change them, but Lisa refuses.  She also said that while it's not in their contract that they have to continue to work at SUR while filming, either Bravo or Ken/Lisa will call them if they haven't been at the restaurant working a shift for stretches longer than 3 weeks.  She said their hours are more accommodating now though, since the expectation is that they interact with any fans that come to see them.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/1/2016 at 11:04 AM, teapot said:

I listen to Stassi's podcast, (she is surprisingly down to earth and very, very normal) and I'm loving that Stassi, Katie, Scheana & Kristen (and their friend Rachael the  "not-funny comedienne" ) are all getting along and are  this little girl squad right now.  it sounds like they're having a blast.

On 6/1/2016 at 11:45 AM, Princess Sparkle said:

I love that the four of them are getting along now, and based on Scheana's snapchat (*hangs head in shame*) it looks like they hang out a lot with Brittany too.  

I think that VR cast sans James and LaLa are the real deal.  Real people living real lives.  Young people with young people problems trying to make a go of it in LA.  I think they get that VR fame and perks won't last forever, and they are trying to make the most of it while they can - rightfully so.  

I hope they are able to remain friends throughout life's many twists and turns.  Of all the Bravo shows, the VR cast is the only one that is comprised of genuine friends - with the exception, I think, of Ramona, LuAnne, Sonja, and Dorinda from NY (they all go back decades), and Lisa and Kyle in Beverly Hills.    

They are fun to watch.  James and LaLa are trainwrecks - and more sad than anything.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3
(edited)

I follow a DIY blogger on Snapchat who is friends with Katie and Tom (weird small world), and she snapped their wedding invitation a few weeks ago, so presumably the date and venue have been sent - it was April when she said they hadn't nailed down the venue and date. I wonder if she was being purposely vague so that people don't show up while they're filming the wedding for the show. 

Edited by Princess Sparkle
Typo
  • Love 3

Ahh. I missed the reference to the earlier interview, thanks for the update! I wish those crazy kids luck, but I don't have a great feeling about their long-term chances.

Is the blogger you follow attending the festivities? Get us as much dirt as you can! :)

• Love 1

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/07/11/vanderpump-rules-star-tom-sandoval-birthday-fundraiser-raises-8000-project-elev8/

The Vanderpump Rules cast (minus James Kennedy and Lala Kent) gathered together last week to celebrate Tom Sandoval’s 33rd birthday at Busby’s East in Los Angeles.

Instead of throwing the typical birthday bash, Tom’s party was a “Fund-Rager” to benefit Project Elev8. They raised just under $9,000.

Lisa Vanderpump and Ken Todd even stopped by for a bit, likely since they were filming for the upcoming season of the show. 

Tom's hair is tragic. Kristen's presence was unexpected. Brittany looks frumpy.

• Love 1

I feel like Brittany still doesn't entirely know how to dress for her new boobs, because as a woman with a (naturally) large chest, I would know never to pick a top like that - it just doesn't look flattering.  I hope Kristen being there means that Arianna/Tom have now buried the hatchet with her - I wonder if Kristen now having a long-term boyfriend helps Arianna not feel so threatened.  

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that no James and no Lala mean they were both downgraded this season, but I doubt it.  

• Love 5
On July 11, 2016 at 9:34 PM, bref said:

Ahh. I missed the reference to the earlier interview, thanks for the update! I wish those crazy kids luck, but I don't have a great feeling about their long-term chances.

Is the blogger you follow attending the festivities? Get us as much dirt as you can! :)

Ok, now that Katie and Tom did get married yesterday, I can confirm the blogger did go to the wedding and here's what I could glean from her snapchat(with an assist from Scheana's snapchat):

-Out of the girls on the show, it looks like Stassi, Kristen, Scheana, and Brittany are bridesmaids, and it looks like Stassi was the maid of honor. 

-On the groomsmen side, I saw Sandoval (who appeared to be the best man), Jax, and I think I saw Peter. 

-It was a super rustic looking for the decor: it was out in the woods, there were a lot of flowers hanging down as decoration, and the signature drink involved biting a chrysanthemum. 

-It's hard to tell with filters, but the bridesmaids dresses looked like they were either white, or possibly a very, very pale blue. They looked very pretty; simple tank-style floor length dresses with a slit up the side. 

-Katie's dress looked nice but I couldn't see a good closeup shot, but there's is some type of pattern to the dress and I can't tell if it's flesh colored cutouts or a floral pattern. I don't think Katie would go with cutouts on her wedding dress, but I truly can't tell. 

-Lisa was there and her dress was.....well, we're def going to be talking about it when it airs on the show.  It's all black, floor length, and had these bell shaped long sleeves that also had drapes attached. 

• Love 4

It was fun watching all of them on snapchat yesterday.  Lots of pics of them when they were all getting their hair done.  Not much of Katie.  

-It's hard to tell with filters, but the bridesmaids dresses looked like they were either white, or possibly a very, very pale blue. They looked very pretty; simple tank-style floor length dresses with a slit up the side. 

They were simple....I guess I expected something more?  Nothing offensive, just kind of plain and not in like a sleek, stylish, Calvin Klein kind of way.  Katie always seems to be a bit more fashion forward.

From what I saw of the venue, it looked like a dirty, roadside park.  And in one shot, there was a freight train running right along side it and it tooted its' horn at them!

The bouquets were gorgeous.  But they had a lot of the same components in them as I had in my own so I'm probably biased!

I wish them the best of luck.  I think Katie's a good girl.  It'll be interesting to see all the details when it's shown on the show.  

• Love 1

Celebrities are NOT like us!  I think Kate Moss got married on a Thursday, Katie & Tom got married on a Wednesday. We plebeians do it on the weekends...how basic of us!!

Edited by teapot
there's an "e' in plebeian? who knew?
  • Love 2

Soo...Scheana is TMZ's "source close to Scheana", right?  

In any case, if this isn't a publicity stunt (which I actually doubt, since it would make Shay look REALLY shitty), I hope he's ok and that Scheana can get some of the money back, since I guarantee most of it is hers.  

• Love 3

I know there is a horrible drought in California. Maybe that explains why Lala is so thirsty.

A sheer dress over a thong bodysuit?!? Girl, just show up in lingerie and knee pads. Lala is an attractive woman, but she can demonstrate that without flashing all of her goods. Everyone else managed to dress sexy without flashing everyone. So desperate. She is actually too trashy for this horde of drunken morons. If she were still with her football player ex, I would recommend that she move over to WAGS so she can show up naked at their parties and pull knives on those women.

• Love 11

I think seasons 2 and 3 are mostly perfect. I actually think season 3 is the season that can't be topped. Scheana is her most self-absorbed--my wedding, my wedding, my wedding. Katie and Schwartz actually became characters with personalities. Jax is so typically Jax--lying, stealing, fucking. Ariana is barely tolerable, but in comparison to Kristen she seems amazing. Kristen is so obsessed and unstable. Stassi is so right, but she plays it all so wrong. So fucking wrong.

I'm sure they scrambled the cameras to capture the current Shay drama. I can't imagine where he went. People hiding out tend to go home. That's where he went last season. They are from West Covina. It's sort of ridiculous that he might be hiding with all of their money like an hour away.

• Love 2

All that exposure and Lala doesn't even look... pretty or stylish. There's no mystery and it looks like a young girl who went through her mom's nighties and threw one over her (inappropriate lace) leotard. 

Lisa looked pretty (if not just a tad overly boob-y).

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ivygirl said:

All that exposure and Lala doesn't even look... pretty or stylish. There's no mystery and it looks like a young girl who went through her mom's nighties and threw one over her (inappropriate lace) leotard. 

Lisa looked pretty (if not just a tad overly boob-y).

I'm of two minds on people who dress like Lala. One side of me applauds it. If a person is a sexual being and it's part of their aesthetic, I say go for it. Women shouldn't have to tone it down or hide their bodies.  On the flip side, Robieri over on Project Runway should win some kind of award for insisting that sexy is not the answer to everything in fashion.  IMO, far too many woman default to sex for attention, approval, advancement.  They look outward to others when it would be nice if they looked inward to themselves.

I support women's rights to use their body however they seem fit, but it doesn't help the cause.  

• Love 7

Does anyone ever listen to the Pumped podcast?  I only listen on occasion, but they had Tom & Ariana on this week, and the two of them let it drop that at Scheana's wedding, James got punched in the face by three different people.  One of whom was the wedding photographer, who punched him and put him in a headlock (apparently very deservedly).  This information surprises me not at all.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, tinaw said:

TMZ is reporting that shaeana shay filed for divorce

http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/30/vanderpump-rules-scheana-shay-divorce

Scheana's statement:

"We might have failed at our marriage, but we are committed to succeeding as friends and will continue to support each other's personal happiness and professional success."

I'll bet she and the coven were up all night penning that. Fercryinoutloud, It's not like they're Brad and Ang.  All that's missing is the part where she asks that the public respect their privacy during this difficult time.

• Love 5