Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/kristen-doute-scheana-marie-feud-stassi-schroeder-katie-maloney-vanderpump-rules-season-six/

so, Stassi stopped being friends w/Katie because she was friends with Scheana.  and then they stopped being friends with Scheana because she was friends with Lala.  Now they stopped being friends with Kristen because she's friends with Scheana.

look, I get it (and I'm 48!)  when you're quarreling with someone and then hanging with a mutual friend, it's hard to know what to say and how to deal...but these guys are all at least almost thirty...this middle school shit has got to stop

• Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, Drogo said:

Some media outlets reporting that Katie and Schwartz may have split up.

Around this time every year, I hit a no Vanderpump Rules depression.

Quote from the article. Too funny because my VPR malaise hit me today! And, I was just googling SUR to plan an (imaginary) vacation.

I hope that Schwartz and Katie aren't breaking up. I guess it wouldn't be surprising but it still kind of stinks. IF TRUE they probably spent more time planning the wedding than living the marriage.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Quote from the article. Too funny because my VPR malaise hit me today! And, I was just googling SUR to plan an (imaginary) vacation.

I hope that Schwartz and Katie aren't breaking up. I guess it wouldn't be surprising but it still kind of stinks. IF TRUE they probably spent more time planning the wedding than living the marriage.

I can confidently assure you that What Happens at the Abbey is a poor substitute. It's terrible.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Thanks for taking one for the team...

It's obviously trying to emulate Vanderpump Rules, but it doesn't work at all. The Abbey is a nominally gay bar and nightclub in West Hollywood. It has attractive drunken staff who love banging and fighting with each other. The staff all have aspirations to be actors, models, and musicians. A fair number of celebrities seem to visit The Abbey. The cast actually includes gay, lesbian, and bi individuals. But it legitimately doesn't work. The cast is slightly too successful and their interactions are far too contrived.

The ratings for What Happens at the Abbey appear to be terrible so I don't think it will get another season.

One of the best things about Vanderpump Rules is that the cast is filled with inherently messy individuals. They cannot stop getting into each other's business. Before the first second of Vanderpump Rules had ever aired the following things had happened:

• Schwartz lived with Kristen and Sandoval. Kristen introduced him to Katie. Katie used to date Peter.
  • Sandoval had hooked up with Ariana while in Vegas.
  • Jax cheated on Stassi with a stripper while in Vegas. He knocked the stripper up and helped her pay to terminate the pregnancy.
  • Stassi used to date Peter. She is dating Jax, but cheating on him with Frank.
  • Kristen, Sandoval, and Schwartz have done other unspecified cheating that's never really been discussed.

Vanderpump Rules looks like it will be so good next season. We'll see Scheana dealing with the collapse of her marriage and her new boyfriend. Whatever the hell is happening with Schwartz and Katie. Stassi and Katie icing out Kristen because she's still friends with Scheana who is still friendly with Lala. And apparently the Muppet is back working for LVP. And SUR catching on fire.

The Muppet's girlfriend "isn't the Miss Whatever pageant about women and um feminism"* and some male model, Adam Spott, are also joining the cast.

*I'm aware that pageant girlfriend never said that, but I love that whole drunk thirsty rant from GG, DJ Groupie.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5
On 6/21/2017 at 3:00 PM, HunterHunted said:

One of the best things about Vanderpump Rules is that the cast is filled with inherently messy individuals. They cannot stop getting into each other's business. Before the first second of Vanderpump Rules had ever aired the following things had happened:

• Schwartz lived with Kristen and Sandoval. Kristen introduced him to Katie. Katie used to date Peter.
  • Sandoval had hooked up with Ariana while in Vegas.
  • Jax cheated on Stassi with a stripper while in Vegas. He knocked the stripper up and helped her pay to terminate the pregnancy.
  • Stassi used to date Peter. She is dating Jax, but cheating on him with Frank.
  • Kristen, Sandoval, and Schwartz have done other unspecified cheating that's never really been discussed.

I forgot to add that Katie had slept with Carter who would go on to later date Kristen.

2 minutes ago, fliptopbox said:

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I've been watching What Happens at The Abbey....I actually really like it. The drama is so way over the top that it's entertaining.

The only drama that feels a little bit authentic are the stories with the LGBT cast. Liz is a drunken needy mess who you can tell is getting her head fucked with. Cory and Murray and their shit. Brandi and Lawrence's baby drama also feels fairly real. All of the plots involving the straight staff are awful.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/23/2017 at 0:18 PM, HunterHunted said:

I forgot to add that Katie had slept with Carter who would go on to later date Kristen.

The only drama that feels a little bit authentic are the stories with the LGBT cast. Liz is a drunken needy mess who you can tell is getting her head fucked with. Cory and Murray and their shit. Brandi and Lawrence's baby drama also feels fairly real. All of the plots involving the straight staff are awful.

Who are these people?  I just started watching Vanderpump Rules last season and am catching up on early seasons on Hulu but I don't remember any of these names. 

Edited by Maharincess
On 6/23/2017 at 2:18 PM, HunterHunted said:

The comment above is about Katie Maloney, Kristen Doute, and Kristen's boyfriend Carter from Vanderpump Rules. Before Katie began dating Tom Schwartz, she had slept with Carter.

The comment below:

On 6/23/2017 at 2:18 PM, HunterHunted said:

is in response to a post by fliptopbox:

On 6/23/2017 at 2:11 PM, fliptopbox said:

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I've been watching What Happens at The Abbey....I actually really like it. The drama is so way over the top that it's entertaining.

which was clearly quoted in my post. We've been having a brief diversion chatting about the show What Happens at the Abbey. The people (Liz, Cory, Murray, Brandi, and Lawrence) mentioned in my post are cast members on What Happens at the Abbey.

• Love 3
(edited)

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/vanderpump-rules-to-welcome-new-cast-member-season-6/

Scheana Marie shared a photo on Instagram featuring hot young model Adam Spott and Raquel Leviss, the girlfriend of co-star James Kennedy. “My pageant pageant queen and SUR’s newest!” the star captioned the photo.

Marie didn’t explicitly address the possibility of Spott joining the Vanderpump Rules cast, but fans would surely welcome the mysterious model’s stunning good looks on the Bravo reality series.

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2017/06/scheana-marie-reveals-new-vanderpump-rules-cast-members/

We have bad news for the James Haters out there, as it looks like Kennedy will be back for another season of pretending he has any reason to hang out around the rest of the Vanderpump crew.

James needs someone to talk to other than the unseen middle-aged dude he rents a corner from (we assume his name is Ron), which might explain why Raquel Leviss is apparently being added to the cast.

Edited by editorgrrl
His Instagram's @spottmeagram.
  • Love 1

"Bad news for the James Haters..."

Well, hmm. James is annoying but I don't know if I really need him off the show. (If I said I did, I'm fine with someone calling me out on that, LOL.) He kind of falls into the "love to hate" category for me. He's not sketchy like Lala, nor is he truly angrifying like, say, Rinna on RHOBH. I think I just want him to do better for himself in the way I kind of want Sandoval to do the same.

I'm rolling my eyes a bit about the addition of his girlfriend, though. She's nice but not all that interesting, from what I can manage to remember.

Checked out New Dude's instagram. It's pretty innocuous and he looks pretty normal (for a mactor). Let's see what happens to him after a season of the show. :p

• Love 3
(edited)

Thank you for the explanation @HunterHunted.  For some reason since the site update a couple of weeks ago, I don't go to the last read post when I click on a topic.  I get sent to to the last post and have to scroll up to find where I left off. Most of the time I can't find the right place.  I must have missed a few comments about the Abbey show. I was sitting here with my head cocked like a confused puppy trying to think back to the first seasons. We always end up talking about Roseanne in another thread I read so I should have known and thought to scroll up a bit.  

Thank you again, I apologize for being an idiot. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Maharincess said:

@ivygirl, after reading about the Abbey show here I tried to watch it too, I watched about 15 minutes and had to turn the channel. It was so bad, and not in a "so bad its good" type of way.  It was just bad. 

The spectre of Brandi Glanville in the ep I attempted to watch did not help matters.

Whee! Now she's been in the first ep of TWO shows about bartending mactors!

• Love 1

I know I'm alone in this but I don't know if it's possible for me to be less interested in their Kentucky show. I get enough of Jax being a dick to Brittany and her family on  VR. Manufactured 'wacky' farm hijinks won't help. 

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Pachengala said:

I know I'm alone in this but I don't know if it's possible for me to be less interested in their Kentucky show. I get enough of Jax being a dick to Brittany and her family on  VR. Manufactured 'wacky' farm hijinks won't help. 

You are definitely not alone. I have no interest in watching their spinoff show either. 

• Love 4
On 6/28/2017 at 8:03 PM, Pachengala said:

You're not alone. I'm not going to watch it.  I can't stand Brittany's homophobic mom with the nasty white lipstick. I'm still in shock that after everything she heard about Jax, all she cared about was that Jr may have kissed a man. 

• Love 6
On 7/1/2017 at 4:57 PM, Maharincess said:

You're not alone. I'm not going to watch it.  I can't stand Brittany's homophobic mom with the nasty white lipstick. I'm still in shock that after everything she heard about Jax, all she cared about was that Jr may have kissed a man. 

According to Brittany, her mom was a fan of the show and had watched every episode. Her mom encouraged Brittany to continue to pursue a relationship with Jax. I don't know how her mom could be supportive when we've seen him be a douche for years. Furthermore, I'm not sure how Brittany's mom could be shocked by the gay rumors after that very intimate conversation Jax had with John in Miami.

• Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

According to Brittany, her mom was a fan of the show and had watched every episode. Her mom encouraged Brittany to continue to pursue a relationship with Jax. I don't know how her mom could be supportive when we've seen him be a douche for years. Furthermore, I'm not sure how Brittany's mom could be shocked by the gay rumors after that very intimate conversation Jax had with John in Miami.

...and this is why I find Ma phony. 

This feels like a Flannery O'Connor story to me. "Good Christian woman" sets her "innocent" daughter up with a sketchy yet somehow hapless reality TV star. Ma wants to run a con on the con.

* I can't believe I just compared VPR to Flannery O'Connor

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

This feels like a Flannery O'Connor story to me. "Good Christian woman" sets her "innocent" daughter up with a sketchy yet somehow hapless reality TV star. Ma wants to run a con on the con.

Vanderpump Rules has been written about in the New York Times Magazine, The Atlantic, and The New Yorker. If you aren't connecting VPR to some of the more rarefied aspects of our culture then you're doing it wrong.

• Love 3
On 7/3/2017 at 1:26 PM, ivygirl said:

I'm currently reading the collected works of Flannery O'Connor! You're right! Lol.

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:49 PM, editorgrrl said:

Google says episodes 1–2 air August 15, but I couldn't find any confirmation.

Sneak peek: http://www.bravotv.com/vanderpump-rules/season/videos/an-exclusive-look-at-jax-brittany-take-kentucky

Wait, I thought Jax and Brittney Do Kentucky was a joke!

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:11 PM, HunterHunted said:

So Brittany's mother is a famewhore. Now we know where she got it.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

Wait, I thought Jax and Brittney Do Kentucky was a joke!

It certainly looked like one!  It also looks boring as hell.  Oh, have Jax milk a cow, I bet he won't be able to do it!  Make him go to church, I bet he will feel like a fish out of water!

This has been done to death... I do not plan to watch this show.  We need Jax in his seedy West Hollywood element,  with coke falling out of his nose.

ETA -Does anyone remember the Pauly Shore movie where he is a crazy LA dude and he goes to the country to pretend to be someone's boyfriend, or something?  I feel like that is what they are going for.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

It certainly looked like one!  It also looks boring as hell.  Oh, have Jax milk a cow, I bet he won't be able to do it!  Make him go to church, I bet he will feel like a fish out of water!

This has been done to death... I do not plan to watch this show.  We need Jax in his seedy West Hollywood element,  with coke falling out of his nose.

ETA -Does anyone remember the Pauly Shore movie where he is a crazy LA dude and he goes to the country to pretend to be someone's boyfriend, or something?  I feel like that is what they are going for.

I think you're thinking of Son in Law. City person moves to the country hijinks ensue is a hoary cliche--Green Acres, The Simple Life (Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie), Doc Hollywood.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheCityVsTheCountry

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheSimpleLifeIsSimple

• Love 2

Thanks for posting, @Jezebel97; I am indeed pretty stoked. Although it looks like Scheana and Kristen are barely even featured much this season---that's probably a good thing because it looks like everyone else brought their A-game this season.

Katie and LaLa are suddenly homies? Ehhh, I dunno what to even say about that weirdness.

Speaking of weirdness, I will say that I'm kinda loving the Jax and James bromance. I guess when you're competing with the likes of TomTom for screentime, J-squared might as well give them some creepy competition.

Ariana isn't nearly as pretty with that basic bitch bob---I miss her lovely long hair, even if it was likely extensions. 

For a moment there I almost wondered if Stassi was going back to beg for a job at SUR. Even though it's a bit pathetic the way she and Kristen still desperately cling to this crew/cast, those two and Schwartz really do have the best situation among this crew. They don't even have to pretend to work regular shifts at SUR to be full-time cast members!

• Love 4

*I was so excited to see this forum bolded again... the only reason I missed it until now was because the awesomeness on RHOC this week kept me distracted*

Loved the preview! (Incidentally, it was preceded by a tequila ad, LOL.) 

I swear they keep Stassi on just because they know we need our yearly dose of "IT'S MY BIRRRRTHDAY!!!"

• Love 6
On 10/30/2017 at 11:18 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Thanks for posting, @Jezebel97; I am indeed pretty stoked. Although it looks like Scheana and Kristen are barely even featured much this season---that's probably a good thing because it looks like everyone else brought their A-game this season.

Katie and LaLa are suddenly homies? Ehhh, I dunno what to even say about that weirdness.

It seems Kristen is slowly getting iced out of the mix which kind of pisses me off.  She really made the show work for me.  

The only way to stay relevant on the show is to be in Lisa V's orbit.  I think the Tom Toms will never part - nor should they as they are better together than they are apart.  Lisa loves both the Toms and she seems to have a soft spot for Katie - and LaLa.  I thought she did for Scheanna as well, but Scheana's not close to any of the others so maybe she's getting pushed out a bit too.  Stassis is smack in the middle.

• Love 7

I’m doubtful that Bravo would cover the Stassi situation. I think filming is over right now on top of it. I hope it’s not all swept under the rug but it’s probably too real life for the show.

The podcast must’ve been horrible if she felt she had to delete it so quickly because for awhile her defense was that only a few people listened to the episode and the rest of us were just going off a quote from one part of 2 hours. If it was defensible she would’ve left it up so we could all make our own choice after hearing it. 

I’ve enjoyed some of her podcast in the past but this isn’t the first time she’s made offensive, ignorant, privileged comments about things she clearly doesn’t understand. One of my other complaints was the high number of ads she airs as well...I guess that might not be a problem anymore but I’m not sure I can support her by listening to it any longer. I wish I had the opportunity to hear the deleted episode and make my own choice but based on previous ignorance from her I’m sure it was disgusting.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

I’m doubtful that Bravo would cover the Stassi situation. I think filming is over right now on top of it. I hope it’s not all swept under the rug but it’s probably too real life for the show.

The podcast must’ve been horrible if she felt she had to delete it so quickly because for awhile her defense was that only a few people listened to the episode and the rest of us were just going off a quote from one part of 2 hours. If it was defensible she would’ve left it up so we could all make our own choice after hearing it. 

I’ve enjoyed some of her podcast in the past but this isn’t the first time she’s made offensive, ignorant, privileged comments about things she clearly doesn’t understand. One of my other complaints was the high number of ads she airs as well...I guess that might not be a problem anymore but I’m not sure I can support her by listening to it any longer. I wish I had the opportunity to hear the deleted episode and make my own choice but based on previous ignorance from her I’m sure it was disgusting.

It's pretty terrible. She deserves all of the scorn and recrimination she's received.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katlock/the-people-vs-nastassia-schroeder-1u7ty?utm_term=.xjBdL1qaW#.bkqrRMVP1

• Love 5
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It's pretty terrible. She deserves all of the scorn and recrimination she's received.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katlock/the-people-vs-nastassia-schroeder-1u7ty?utm_term=.xjBdL1qaW#.bkqrRMVP1

Oh god....I'd be mortified to dare even make such horrid statements, let alone put them out in the world. She just issued an apology via her Instagram/social media, but that's too little too late. 

I get that she was upset with the Al Franken situation((I actually agree with her somewhat there)), but the other statements were just way too much and so disgustingly insensitive. 

And yeah, I get that she's "unfiltered" and that's her schtick, but she also needs to remember her audience and that lots of young gals listen to her podcast. At least she could've educated herself on Net Neutrality((please don't tell me she's a Trump supporter, ugh...)).

WTF - in Stassi's most recent apology, she said that the criticism she's getting is based off of 40 seconds of a 2 hour podcast but reading that buzzfeed out line of all of the inappropriate things that were said - how in the world did that only take 40 seconds?

Maybe Stassi and her really smart, eloquent friend don't know the difference between sexual harassment and sexual assault. Just my estimation that Stassi probably thinks herself far more smarter and real world savvy then she actually is...idiotic comments like this only serve to reinforce my belief.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

WTF - in Stassi's most recent apology, she said that the criticism she's getting is based off of 40 seconds of a 2 hour podcast but reading that buzzfeed out line of all of the inappropriate things that were said - how in the world did that only take 40 seconds?

Maybe Stassi and her really smart, eloquent friend don't know the difference between sexual harassment and sexual assault. Just my estimation that Stassi probably thinks herself far more smarter and real world savvy then she actually is...idiotic comments like this only serve to reinforce my belief.

I find it ironic that Stassi is getting dragged over this when in season 4 she was appalled by how James spoke to and treated women. She said it was so terrible that she was ashamed to be of the same species. Gawd the hypocrisy.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I find it ironic that Stassi is getting dragged over this when in season 4 she was appalled by how James spoke to and treated women. She said it was so terrible that she was ashamed to be of the same species. Gawd the hypocrisy.

We didn't need this situation to know that she's a sanctimonious hypocrite but it's a shame that this is the kind of unfiltered opinions she has that further exposes that about her. The saddest thing is that while they discuss so nonchalant about what women should be doing and not doing to avoid getting sexually harassed and assaulted, yet they don't even stop to think that a victim must probably replay the incident quite often in their own heads and feel really guilty about all of the things they could have done differently to avoid something so horrible happening to them. Such mindless idiots - some lengths of fame made them feel like their opinions were important enough to share with the world...and I don't feel bad for her that reality is smacking her in the face right now. 

• Love 7

Stassi is scheduled to be on WWHL tonight. I am sure she will give some half assed apology if she is even called on it.

I agree so much with what @RHJunkie and @HunterHunted have said. I also, hate that Stassi is using the free speech bit as some sort of excuse for all the hate directed at her. Yes, Stassi has the right to say whatever she wants, but others have the right to not like what she has said as well.