Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: a.k.a. 'The Meet Market'

• Start Topic

Hi everybody!  I'm so sad about TWoP, but relieved to find out about Previously.  I was an infrequent poster on TWoP but had been a registered user since 2002 (and reader for a couple of years before that!  Another 'Once' show "Once and Again"...its cancelation...forced me to register to express my grief back then).  So glad to see some familiar names.

• Love 1

Hey guys! I actually did change my username, because this was my ORIGINAL username over at TWOP years and years ago- I'm RubyViolet over there. Dejajeva is my SN for practically everything and I desired uniformity. I already know I'll like these forums because honestly? I can like posts. I've always wandered around over on twop wishing I could like people's posts.

• Love 2

I am seriously amazed that people have moved over this quickly. Go Team!

I'm pretty sure it's because of the initial panic over losing such a dear website, that all of us just want to make sure that we have a home to go to. Even if it's not the home we started with, it's a new home that will bring about many similarities, but also will bring about changes that will hopefully improve our living conditions and strengthen our communication as a family.

...or it'll tear us all apart and we'll have to watch our home burn down....

No pressure guys!

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure it's because of the initial panic over losing such a dear website, that all of us just want to make sure that we have a home to go to. Even if it's not the home we started with, it's a new home that will bring about many similarities, but also will bring about changes that will hopefully improve our living conditions and strengthen our communication as a family.

...or it'll tear us all apart and we'll have to watch our home burn down....

No pressure guys!

This is so meta for a Once Upon a Time board! :)

• Love 5

Hi there! I didn't post as often on TWOP lately, but I've discussed this show (and many others) for a long time, and I definitely want to continue doing it with you guys! Such a shame about that forum closing and losing all the discussion, though :( And probably a lot of posters, as well.

Well, at least, maybe I won't get banned for something I'd considered completely innocuous anymore? (Am I allowed to bitch a bit? Or is it too soon?) Anyway, I hope for the best.

• Love 1

I was actually kind of tempted to to register with my Facebook or Twitter log-in, but decided to stick with the TWoP.

Though I will say, I believe I saw a "quote this post" button, which TWoP did not have, outside of mobile on my iPhone, so I like that.

Glad to see so many familiar faces, as it were. (Also, I like the colors on the wee smiley face avatar. Me likey pastels, haha.) I'm so glad we found a new home so quickly!

Edited by Dani-Ellie
  • Love 2

caitlin claire from the TWoP boards, reporting for duty.  Slightly different name here.  This is closer to what I go by everywhere else.  I'll share a confession with you - caitlin claire is the name I came up with when my first account got banned at TWoP.  I may have had a slight rule reading problem at first.  Though I maintain one of my strikes was bullshit since I literally did not solicit information about illegal downloads like they said but somehow I didn't think "go check your reading comprehension" would go over well, so...anyways, gonna go read all the new forum rules, just in case...

• Love 1

Hi--I was new at TWOP, so I feel a little pushy, but am migrating with the group.  My name did change--I was Dmjl there.  Mari was already taken at TWOP when I registered, so I had to pick something else.  It's kind of nice to be Mari again.

• Love 3
I'll share a confession with you - caitlin claire is the name I came up with when my first account got banned at TWoP.  I may have had a slight rule reading problem at first.  Though I maintain one of my strikes was bullshit since I literally did not solicit information about illegal downloads like they said but somehow I didn't think "go check your reading comprehension" would go over well, so...anyways, gonna go read all the new forum rules, just in case...

Hey Caitlin Claire, err, I mean CatMack!

Hehe, between you and Crimson Belle it's starting to feel like we may need a "TWoP Confessionals: Stories from the Banned" Thread at some point... ;-)

Edited by regularlyleaded
  • Love 3

Aghhh. So it just occurred to me that I only have 4 {now 5 posts} and I'm in a group called Member. I don't think that I can take the suspense of finding out if there are other groups and how many posts it takes to get there. Not again. Its stresses me out.

• Love 3

Its so nice to see so many familiar names. It gives me the warm fuzzies.  You know, I never got even a single warning on TWOP... heh, cuz I'm a nerd like that.  And like a true nerd, I'm way too proud of that. Its high school all over again, I tells ya. I'll miss TWOP, but this has been a much easier transition than I was expecting, especially since I'm hella resistant to change. I'm a creature of habit and hate having my habits altered. 

• Love 1

Another mostly-lurker/occasional-poster from TWOP here!  Same name on both.  I can't even remember if I ever introduced myself on OUAT's Meet Market on TWOP, but since this is a new site, I figured I would chime in.

Hey all! I was a member on TWOP since 2005 (and lurking before then) for Veronica Mars (and a little Gilmore Girls, that is where my name comes from.) and I was never banished like SOME of you trouble makers ;) Only warned once in 9 years, and that was for trying to enforce forum rules when the mod was nowhere to be found.

I don't know what I'd have done if y'all didn't migrate to the same spot.

• Love 1

I do not think I posted in the OUAT forum on TWOP, but I lurked every week, and read the recaps. I mainly ran to TWOP because following fan reactions on Tumblr can be tedious at times and I always like the honest, but intelligent responses in regards to my favorite show on current television. 

I'd been a member there since 2006 (just checked). I had been years, but I used to post in the American Idol area.  (Only TWOP claim to fame was that I named the Elliott Yamin thread). 

I will try to make this site my new tv forum home, but it will take time to get used to.  I will also actually try to add my own reactions to the show, but in all honesty, will probably still be lurking. lol

Hi everyone! 

I never actually posted anything at TWoP because my computer was incredibly cranky about letting me, but I read almost every post in the Once forum.  I'm super sad to see TWoP go, especially the recaps, but I'm hoping this new forum will provide the same discussion, speculation, and of course, snark.  :-)

Good morning. Can I just say I'm so happy the spoiler thread title is the same here because that title always made me laugh. Thanks for doing that. I always wanted to say that on the TWoP thread, but I didn't want to get yelled at.

• Love 1

Senna -- Is your username a racing reference? Or am I the only Formula One nerd? Just me?

Daxx -- I was just going through the old fanfic thread last night and kept seeing your name -- and others -- pop up! We'll need to start another one of those to get us through the hiatus or this summer will not be pretty!

Edited by sharky
  • Love 1