Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: a.k.a. 'The Meet Market'

• Start Topic

(edited)

Guess I should get in before the mass exodus. Another TWoP refugee, there off and on since MBTV days (albeit under different usernames). 

I've been watching OuaT since it started, but weirdly never felt any compulsion to talk about it on the forums or follow it in any significant way until about the start of season 3. I'm not really sure what changed*, but it suddenly went from, "Eh, Sunday night, may as well watch that batshit crazy fairytale show" to "I really need to share my thoughts on that batshit crazy fairytale show and find out what's happening next week!" For some reason, there are shows I love (like Good Wife, The Americans, GoT) that I have no desire to discuss, and others that I don't even like that much (like Nashville, Perception, a bunch of reality shows) that I feel compelled to talk and read about. 

The upside to being a very casual viewer originally is that I don't seem to get as bothered by plot holes and inconsistencies as those who loved the first season do. The downside is that I have zero self control when it comes to spoilers for shows I enjoy discussing with others, so obviously there are fewer things that surprise me when watching now. 

*Okay, I have some idea: it coincided with largely losing interest in Castle, which was my main "discuss with people on the internet" show until that point. I think I only have room in my life for one "Read ALL the spoilers/articles/interviews/blogs" show in my life. 

Edited by retrograde
(edited)

I'm really hope the majority of TWOP posters make their way here. I have to admit, season 3B made me much less excited about the show in general, but the discussion on TWOP still made me watch every episode as soon as it was available here. That was a magical place, and I sure don't want to lose it :) (the other such place was Arrow thread, but I had to drop that show because it started to suck, and GoT made my favorite book character a rapist... so Once seems to be the last show I watch with an active intelligent discussion I participate in)

Edited by FurryFury

Hi angelwoody!  Glad you are here!

Each time I peek at TwoP I think to myself, "is this the last time?  is this it?".  Sigh.  Sounds like most of us are heading here wo even though we'll miss the site we'll have our peeps!

Oh my God.  I just tried to refresh my page at TWoP and I got a message that said "This Community Is Temporarily Unavailable."  Is that it????  Did they shut down two days early?

That just happened to me, and I had the exact same thought. I have these images of people dismantling TWoP's servers.  =(

I had to just leave TWoP behind the day I signed up here. No double dipping for me. The wounds are already sort of healing... excuse me.. I think I have something in my eye..

I got that message just now and freaked out. I want to at least leave one last message.... And then get depressed when I see the number of posts I made over there.

I figured I'd feel a lot better about the end of TWOP if I came here immediately and had some kind of continuity. So, hi, and I'll see you all here probably a lot more often in the days to come as we settle into our new home.

Yeah, I just got the "there's an error with the database" message, different from "community not available" or whatever that frequent error message has been lately. I suppose it's over. I'm so glad we seem to have made it here.

And now I must get to bed. I have to be up early, and have to be able to sing that early. Fortunately, not a solo this time.

I was reading the last two pages of the old Meet Market, but I could no longer upvote. When I went to hit next page, I got the unavailable message. The curse has come, my friends.

(Then again, I've been getting that message off and on for the last two days, but it's after midnight EDT. I was surprised to get in at all.)

Yeah, I've gotten the Community Unavailable Message for several minutes now, so I feel like that may actually be it. (For my own sanity, I may step away and tell myself it is....)

I still have one browser window open to a page. I so don't want to close it. :(

Greetings from another TWoP refugee. The last post I saw in the old Meet Market thread was this from SilverShadow: "Naw if it was Zelena we wouldn't remember anything past the cancellation announcement,"

Seems fitting.

• Love 2
(edited)

Hehe, I think Cindy won with this last post on the All Seasons Thread that was a reply to MysticalGirl's post:

MysticalGirl:

KAOSAgent mentioned Graham in the Meet Market and I can't let the lights go off around here without mentioning how much it bugs the hell out of me that the show never mentions him or how Regina murdered him for sheer spite. And I get why (redemption! she has a soouul now!), but I don't like it.

NEVER FORGET!

Cindy:

Yeah. Horowitz that Horowitzing Kitsis.

(If these are my last TWoP words, that's okay.)

Well played, Cindy.  I salute you! :)

Edited by regularlyleaded
  • Love 4

Well, mine just changed from "Community Temporarily Unavailable" to "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete"...so yeah, I think TWOP is six feet under.

RIP, TWOP. Always in our hearts. :(

I had five links on my Bookmarks bar to the TWOP forums... one to General Gabbery and one to Citizens, and some to other shows.  I deleted four of them but I'm going to keep one there for now.  

I was behind on some Game of Thrones threads, so I opened a couple pages before I left earlier this evening. I'll be really sad when I reach the last tab. It sounds silly, but I'm kind of bummed that I wasn't able to make it home in time for the last hurrah. I meant to visit the Doctor Who thread before I left but I was just too busy with real life stuff today. Stupid real life.

Yeah, I think TWOP is officially dead now.  In fact, it's not only merely dead, it's really most sincerely dead.

Only thing left to do is go through the pockets and look for loose change.

• Love 6

I don't have anything bookmarked, but my browser autofills with all the right TWOP pages basically when I fill in the first letter of where I'm going. I wonder how long it will take for that to go away...and how long it'll take before *I* stop just typing in "O" for the TWOP Once page out of instinct. Urgh.

My mom called me just before the site went down for the last time and was massively confused at how upset I was. She didn't understand how a website closing could be so sad. I still have the tab open for Ella123's epic Regina rant. That's a good page to keep open for a bit.

• Love 2

I know that regularlyleaded has all the forums (which, THANK YOU again, because it makes me feel so much better that we have the bulk of our conversations saved), but not gonna lie, I made sure to save that epic Regina rant specially. It seemed so worth it. :)

When I got up this morning and I turned on the computer, I went to TWOP like always and I found that horrible "This community is offline and no longer accessible." I've been so sad all the morning (and that's bad, I have an exam tomorrow)

But, at least I "see" a lot of familiar "faces" around here.

(edited)

I was mostly a lurker and I know most posters are here, but I'm still so sad to see TWoP go. It doesn't help that I have to work 12 hours on a Sunday...while it's the summer hiatus of the shows I watch. 

Edited by MaiLuna

I hopped on TWOP this AM out of habit (and in hopes they forgot to get rid of it). I came right here to maintain my morning coffee routine. As sad as I am it was so nice to see everyone here I might have sung a little, hey hey the gang's all here

I saw the Regina rant and loved the heck out of it.  I am very negative on the show as of the end of this season, and thought I would just hop over to the old forums come fall and see what you all were saying about the new season.  Now I'm glad I will still actually be able to do that over here.  Plus, you people are just fun.

(edited)

Hi, everyone! I'm glad to see so many people here. I've decided to pretend P.TV is a deluxe vacation resort.

Last night at TWoP, I turned on instant notifications for the last few minutes. The last post in our OUAT Meet Market was made by MDKNIGHT (at least the last post when notifications were going out). The email is time-stamped 12:20AM (EDT). MDKNIGHT said:

This is the place I decided to be for the end.  This is the end, my only friend the end.  I'm going to see how long this works.   It is 1218 am June 1 but I'm a night owl  I saw Cindy McLennan's I really love you thread so she should know at least somebody got to read it.

Edited by CindyMcLennan
  • Love 4
(edited)

stealinghome, um, is there a link somewhere to this archive? I've looked through the last few pages of this thread, but don't seem to find one. I'd love to read this rant, I do have some choice words for Regina's arc on the show myself!

Also:

I'm watching Veronica Mars to help dull the pain.

Well, at least it has a happy (mostly) ending now, so there's that! The only thing I have to watch is the new From Dusk Till Dawn show, and while there are some interesting moments, it's pretty weird and is hard to focus on. Maybe I should rewatch something.

Edited by FurryFury