Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: a.k.a. 'The Meet Market'

• Start Topic

It's so nice to see so many familiar faces!  I was on TWOP (or I at least started lurking) around the BSG and Veronica Mars days. I'm tremendously sad to be losing access to all the recaps, but I'm so glad there is still a sane and civil place to discuss the show.  That's what twitter and tumblr lack, I think.  Cheers!

I love in threads like this to see how our favorite shows intersect in real life. Today I was at times delighted and a wee bit scared to see my 8 year old daughter's Once fandom come out. At her Brownie scout meeting they are working on a badge where they need to change a story and make a presentation of it. They decided on a play but the vote was tied between The Three Little Pigs, Frozen and Rumplestilskin. My daughter lobbied hard for Rumplestlskin and she really wants to play him. They decided to do a mashup which should be ... interesting and very Once-like. I can't wait. I think I might be doing costumes. 

• Love 2

Heh, that should make for an amazing all-round family experience, MedievalGirl. Sometimes it seems like we can underestimate the impact our shows can have on our daily, mundane lives and then stuff just makes it pop out of nowhere. It's wonderful.

I was Jzygayle at TWOP and it seemed a good choice here, too.  I didn't post often and never, I think, on the OUAT threads.  I lurked there frequently, tho.  Hope to post more here, but if not, I'll just be lurking in the corner :)

Hi, another TWOPer here, same screen name. I'm a little stressed about needing to find an avatar, and there's the "EEEE! Change is scary!" thing. I mean, it's bad enough that they're remodeling and rearranging both of the grocery stores where I regularly shop, but now I have to get used to a new forum. But I'm sure I'll settle in eventually.

I love the idea of mashing up Rumpelstiltskin and the Three Little Pigs. Do they have to learn his name to keep him from taking the straw house to spin it into gold?

• Love 1
(edited)

Welcome to Small Talk for Once Upon A Time!

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Edited by stacey

Hi back to all who said hi already! Also, YAY for the recaps!! I started reading my fave Downton Abbey episodes' recaps just so I'd get a taste of it, today. Good to know I won't have to rush it anymore, but it's still kinda bittersweet with the whole not having new ones part :(

(edited)

That's great for the recaps but it's unfortunate all the forum content will still be gone even in archived form.  Whenever I watch a show on DVD, I always go to the TWOP forums and read the episode threads after each episode to see what the initial reaction was.  I've done this for Season 1-4 of "24", all the seasons of "Fringe", etc.  And I was planning to do this for a number of different TV series I've been wanting to see on DVD.  

Edited by Camera One

Camera One - Speaking of Fringe, I missed the last half of the last season (couldn't get it together as to when the season would resume and then only realized it was back when the 2nd or 3rd episode was underway so decided to not watch any of it and catch up later.  No spoilers!), and recently purchased the last season to 'watch along' with the forum and read the recaps.  With the big TWoP announcement, I was having to triage between what shows and recaps to keep and just gave up the possibility of saving any forum comments. Now I'll definitely try to grab those forum gems.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, they were fun to read for "Fringe".  And for all shows, really.  For "Fringe", the last season was the only one I watched as it was airing!  I caught up on DVD a few episodes into the final season, so I could actually participate in posting.  I also wish I could just download all the stuff I wrote on TWOP about all the shows I've ever watched, but the search function can't do that, LOL.

Edited by Camera One

Hi everybody!  I never had a chance to get involved over at TWoP, pretty much brand new to the community.  But I thought I'd make my presence known!  Looking forward to chatting about the wonderful world of OUAT with all of you!

(edited)

I was on TWOP back when Lost was on the air, but the email account I had was one I don't have anymore.  I created a new account at TWOP just for OUaT, and only posted a couple of times there.  I was itsabear (without any capital letters) over there, but decided to add caps to the new name here.   I'm glad I found this place, as I actually liked to read the forums as much, if not more, than the recaps. 

Edited by ItsABear

I keep posting in that first box instead of hitting REPLY first $%@!#%*^$*(%*&(^*

Good to see everyone.

CM has said she is going to go ahead and finish her recap of "The Tower." What we need to do is convince previously.tv to hire her and pay her for things.

Hello! Yet another TWoP refugee here. I've been Leia1979 since the MBTV days. I'm mostly an OUAT lurker. If anyone knows me, it's most likely from Veronica Mars or Angel (ah, the old days of HoYay and awk!ward).

So, my dad, who has for the past few years been woefully underemployed after getting laid off, as finally gotten a job offer for a much better paying job. All he needs is the drug screen and physical, and he can give his notice to his current job.

The thing is I'm currently living with my parents and help them out with stuff from time to time (mostly buying food and stuff), and this job is pretty far away. By which I mean, more than 50 miles away, so a closer move is going to be happening, though not right away.

The problem I'm facing is I make very little. Last year I got a promotion, which, after the pay raise I got from that and my yearly evaluation, caused me to gain $1.40/hour, I still just barely ended up making over $20,000 for the entire year, so it's unlikely that I would be able to afford living on my own, and if I go with my parents, I'm going to need to either find a new job, or transfer to a store that is closer to that area.

So, yeah. The next few months are going to be real interesting.

*minor vent*

So... I keep seeing these petitions for them to extend OUATiW.  And people complaining that it was cancelled.  It was only ever meant to be one season.  ONE.  They said so before it even aired.  Yes, it was awesome and wonderful and breathtaking, but it was one and done.  It was like a long mini-series.  I think one of the entertainment sites/magazines even said it was being cancelled at one point.  IT WASN'T CANCELLED.  It ended.  And it ended well.

Okay.  So sorry.  I really, really needed to get that out.

If the ratings had been good, ABC could have ordered another season. The original plan was to air the show as a one-and-done during the "Once" hiatus, but the game changed when ABC gave the show its own timeslot and premiered it in the fall.

I hope they can arrange to have you transferred to a store closer to your new home, Last Time Lord.  

Hi, am another refugee (love that term by the way....) from TWOP.

Had been registered there since 2002 when we were living in Maylasia - thus the handle. TWOP recaps kept me in touch with my favourite show when we didn't really have TV. Almost as good as seeing them. Lurked a lot & posted occasionally. Have enjoyed a variety of shows through out the years .... Charmed, Buffy, West Wing, and on and on but I loved the forum of OUAT & would read it often.

Whilst, I can't comment on the moderators at TWOP (I did get a warning from Glark tho - couldn't work out how to use the quote bars....was ashamed for weeks), I did like the fact that there were rules & etiquette and the emphasis was on intelligent conversation & not "fan girl" craziness.....

For those of you who watched Wonderland, did the ending make you hopeful that we won't hate hate Adam and Eddy when this is over? Or will I need to use my How I Met Your Mother pitchfork on them?

ShellinKL -- I think the good thing is that we are so used to TWoP moderation that we will bring the good things -- real discussions and proper grammar -- over without the fear of warnings at any point for quote boxes and such. That being said, I think we do need to gently moderate ourselves as things warrant just in case. We'll have to see how it all really unfolds when we only have this board.

(edited)

For those of you who watched Wonderland, did the ending make you hopeful that we won't hate hate Adam and Eddy when this is over? Or will I need to use my How I Met Your Mother pitchfork on them?

As long as we don't get a character like the Jabberwocky built up to be something more than a creepy fear demon, but an actual character seemingly able and willing to evolve and then promptly leaving it up in the air (though with the Knave coming over revisiting Wonderland is not that far-fetched),

I'm all in for happy endings for the heroes/protagonists and karmic retributions for villains everywhere. 

Edited by samhalliwell

Okay, so remember that little venting I did about the state of my job, last night? Well, it may have resolved itself.

I worked today -- which is a rarity in itself. They don't give Department Managers shifts on Sunday very often due to it being time and a half -- and April, the shift supervisor who has been in charge of the store since our store manager was thrown under the bus (and believe me, nobody was happy about that.) told me that she thought that I would be a good fits for Claims Supervisor.

Claims is what we call the position of processing the damaged and stolen merchandise, and determining if it gets sent back to the manufacturer or thrown out.

Well, I applied for it, and it's a pay grade higher than where I currently in as Department Manager. It's no guarantee that I'll get it, but I think since a manager in such a high position suggested I go for it puts me in a better position than if I just applied on my own.

Lurker from TwoP here. I will miss the recaps, the show was so convoluted it was the only way I could keep everything straight. I don't and will never use Twitter. (Said the same thing about Facebook a few years ago, so never say never). Thanks for everyone migrating to a new forum. 

Hello everyone. I user to be a lurker at twop, and really loved the quality of the writing, I want to engage in the talk about one of m'y guilty pleasure that is once upon a time. I

The problem I'm facing is I make very little. Last year I got a promotion, which, after the pay raise I got from that and my yearly evaluation, caused me to gain $1.40/hour, I still just barely ended up making over $20,000 for the entire year, so it's unlikely that I would be able to afford living on my own, and if I go with my parents, I'm going to need to either find a new job, or transfer to a store that is closer to that area.

Since I don't know where you live, I don't know if that is a bad number or not.  I do know that my sister makes twice that and can't seem to support herself, yet my husband makes $35000 and supports both of us and our three kids- and we live less than ten miles from each other.  So a lot of it is lifestyle choices and such.  I wish you the best of luck with the Claims position, and wisdom in deciding whether to move with your family or get your own place.  Can't be an easy decision!

It's local election time in my hometown so election signs are posted in lots of lawns. There's a woman running for school committee named Ellen Killian. I definitely had to do a double take when I saw her signs!

I was a longtime, on-and-off lurker at TWoP. I never posted there and probably didn't even register a username. I can't remember for sure, but if I did register, it certainly wasn't as OwlMilk.

Hi Everyone,

Another mostly lurker from TWoP here. I did post occasionally as Shego on the Grey's forums. Just found Once Upon a Time on Netflix and USdrama.net this winter and I started from season 1. I am *almost* caught up! I just watched 'Witch Hunt' (3x13) last night, so I hope to be commenting on the current epicsodes in a couple of days!

Edited by Shego

Can I get some good thoughts too? I have an emotionally abusive, psycho boss and am too old to change jobs.

But now, without recaps to read or a strict 15 page forum rule to adhere to, I am polishing my resume anyway.

ETA: mindbird, what is the picture you have for your avatar/icon? It's really pretty.

Edited by shapeshifter

Hello, all. Longtime TWoP lurker, first time poster. I'm so glad to have found where you all are -- I've been DYING to jump in on some OUAT discussion since I started watching the show in January (I Netflixed the whole series in like two weeks). You'll probably find me mostly in the Spoilers thread, but I'm a Captain Swan and Outlaw Queen shipper too.

Sooo...*wave*

• Love 2

I just discovered OUAT in January and quickly became addicted, and have watched every episode at least four times.  I just discovered TWoP a week or so ago, and read through a lot of the character threads, then realized I was too late to join in!  I was happy to see that you all had found a new place and I am excited to join in!

• Love 2

I saw the finale yesterday but since it was 2 hours long my oldest daughter didn't get to see it until today. It was so much fun seeing her watch it. She would react to things with her whole body. She'd argue with the screen and beg me for spoilers and then sigh happily when something went her way. The very very end made her do pirouettes of joy around the family room. 

• Love 2

Hi, everyone!  I have been lurking at TWoP for over ten years, and only occasionally posted in the GH forums.  I am here under the same name, and I am going to pep-talk myself out of my posting shyness to be a part of the OUAT discussions.

I started watching the show when it premiered, but I missed most of season three due to the absolute head trip that occurred after a completely unexpected (and unexplained) heart attack in September.  I am feeling more myself these days, and I decided to catch up.  Wow.  So glad that I did, because I LOVED that finale.  

I am so fortunate to have a 13-year old boy who actually wants to experience it with me, and it's really fun to watch HIM watch it, too.  His ten-year old brother is ready to rock on with it now, as well, so we are definitely down for a summer rewatch.

I am so glad for this site and I look forward to interacting with all of you.

• Love 2

Welcome Whisperstream! My 12 almost 13 year old son also loves it, while his 11 yo brother and my husband really just love to mock it. Ready for a rewatch, but I am not sure my heart is ready to relive the heartbreak of 3/17 to 3/20 yet.

Wow, those were really only 4 episodes? Seems like it went on forever!