Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Rinna: These are the Lips of her Life

• Start Topic

I'm waiting for a scene with Rinna when she isn't gossiping about Yolanda, Brandi, or Kim behind their backs. Oh wait, we can probably add Erika to that list now as well.

Does she DO anything else?

She has her daughters sit next to her while she tries to work up some tears and gain some sympathy from the audience i.e. "calls to dying father" and "reading OD'd sisters poems". Oh and she has her anus waxed.
  • Love 2

I'm waiting for a scene with Rinna when she isn't gossiping about Yolanda, Brandi, or Kim behind their backs.  Oh wait, we can probably add Erika to that list now as well.

Does she DO anything else?

Since she has continued to earn a living and has a family and manages to film the show, I'm pretty sure she has plenty going on. It's too bad that out of the many hours of filming, BRVO only chooses to show us the few seconds of conversation where she talks about the other women.

One of the things I really hate about BRAVO is that they are always wrong when they decide what the central story should be. There shouldn't be a central story. We should be seeing what these women's lives are about, even if it means they don't interact with each other all tha much.

Seriously, how much more fun would it be to follow the actresses to work and the see them interact with their actual family and friends? It would also be amazing to see how many "famous" or infamous people they interact with that they simply consider friends.

I guess I can't actually blame BRAVO though. I blame Andy Cohen. He seems to delight in pitting the women against each other. So grand arguments come out of the minutiae of contractually mandated interactions - and even when there is genuine fun and entertainment from those interactions, the audience only finds them through online clips and lost footage episodes.

The women seem to film everything with no idea of what will actually air. They film their talking head interviews after filming wraps and they are responding to specific questions - but have no say in when or how that talking head will be used to boost the drama of the story line.

Bravo created a fluff show that was supposed to be a comedy based on the foibles of women with way more money than sense. Andy turned it into a tired soap in which every tiny onscreen gaffe could be mined for ultimate dramatic effect- bolstered by a soundtrack and strategically placed talking head interviews.

• Love 12

There was some little scene a while back where Rinna just greeted her driver like a friend or as a normal person...more then I have seen the other HWs do and for some reason I really liked it. I don't think it was scripted and she probably didn't even realize it was being filmed or would make it to editing. The realness and normality of it was refreshing. She seems very friendly and down to earth (in other words, doesn't put on "airs"). I wish they had more of those "little scenes"...similar to the one where Kyle puts one of her dogs out and it pops back in via the dog door.

• Love 15

She has her daughters sit next to her while she tries to work up some tears and gain some sympathy from the audience i.e. "calls to dying father" and "reading OD'd sisters poems". Oh and she has her anus waxed.

While talking about ADDICTION, and again, Kim in her voice overs and/or intent.  That scene was also about Kim.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

Lisar asks the questions and verbalizes the observations no one else wants to be on their watch.

I'm not surprised by the blow back Lisar is getting. When you shine a light on someone's addictions like she did with Kim you are going to take some flak. It's one of the reasons a lot of people don't do it. I think Lisar was perfectly willing to go there for herself but Kim bringing up Harry was too much. Harry was not involved butt it's a classic addict ploy to deflect and Kim hit pay dirt. Lisar freaked the fuck out but no actual contact was made so no assault happened IMO and Lisar was aware that she'd lost it and was remorseful and apologized. Kim didn't, shocker, I know.  Personally if I am having an argument with someone and they bring my husband or kids into it, it's going to ratchet up the angry in me. Whether or not anything they say has any merit. Kim is pretty damn crazy so that's not a stretch.

Lisar does go too far. Both of these things can be true.

• Love 11

I'm not surprised by the blow back Lisar is getting. When you shine a light on someone's addictions like she did with Kim you are going to take some flak. It's one of the reasons a lot of people don't do it. I think Lisar was perfectly willing to go there for herself but Kim bringing up Harry was too much. Harry was not involved butt it's a classic addict ploy to deflect and Kim hit pay dirt. Lisar freaked the fuck out but no actual contact was made so no assault happened IMO and Lisar was aware that she'd lost it and was remorseful and apologized. Kim didn't, shocker, I know.  Personally if I am having an argument with someone and they bring my husband or kids into it, it's going to ratchet up the angry in me. Whether or not anything they say has any merit. Kim is pretty damn crazy so that's not a stretch.

Kim is a master at deflection.  When she screwed the pooch at the finale in Season 1, left the party, got kicked out of the lobby and got kicked out of a room and finally the hotel, she knew she had gone too far.  So she immediately deflected by accusing Kyle and Mauricio of stealing her house.  Once Kyle brought up her alcoholism, she then tried to throw it back at Kyle saying she drank wine every day. 

To me the ultimate deflection is when Yolanda confronted an irate Kim and said something about not talking abut Lisar family.  Kim immediately decided it was her family that was being hurt by Lisar.  of course much more so than Lisar's because her kids would not speak with her again.  Arghhh....it is just so frustrating.

Lisar's problem is she spends too much time setting things up.  She falls all over herself with guilt and then drops the pertinent material.  She did it with her parents.  Instead of just saying we are going to see my folks, it was this long drawn out story about how she doesn't see them enough.  So the fact we see her visiting them, see her on the phone with them gets lost.  She did it again with Yolanda.  No set up was necessary.  There was discussion about your inconsistencies regarding the disease, I mentioned the conversation I had with a third party to Kyle and LVP and thought it appropriate to fill you in, personally.  Then get into details about looking Munchausen's up.  I believe because Lisar does this following all over herself prelude to a conversation, she makes matters worse.  Yolanda had to have understood that Lisar was saying there were doubts about her illness.  And contrary, to cocky Yolanda saying, "you put it out there to the universe and you want me to call you with issues?"  Well, Yolanda, how would Lisar know you didn't comprehend unless you told her?   

I hope before the Reunion Lisar smartens up and stops falling all over herself.  I think of the reasons she draws things out so long is she was cut off as a child.  So she offers the excuse/explanation before the behavior/deed. 

• Love 7

I just find it hard to believe Kim is a mastermind.

Addicts are very cunning. They have no inhibitions when it comes to protecting the additions. Using Harry was not the first thing Kim tried to use to deflect but it was a natural progression.

• Love 6

Lisar is too worried about people liking her and she is way, way too emotional, IMO.

She is likeable by nature and is refreshingly honest however she needs to shut up from time to time.

does she have add?

She reminds me of my kid who just can't stop until it is too, too late.

• Love 4

She probably (mis) uses adderal to stay thin.  I love her giant gulps of booze though, nice of her to help Harry stay sober by abstaining isn't it?

She is not the alcoholic, she can drink IMO.

Did she say that she keeps a dry house?

• Love 5

I think Yolanda brought up "the husband" HH, and Kim gleefully went with it.

Edited by SoCal4Us
Umbelina, on 20 Feb 2016 - 3:42 PM, said:

She probably (mis) uses adderal to stay thin.  I love her giant gulps of booze though, nice of her to help Harry stay sober by abstaining isn't it?

I think she probably drinks the least out of the ladies. 

Edited by thewhiteowl
  • Love 6

I think the three years sober of Harry may be where Lisar stubs her toe.  Maybe HH use to drink to  intoxication but now just has an occasional drink or doesn't get drunk.  They showed him drinking a beer at Lisar's birthday party.  Sometimes terms like addiction and sober are a little too black and white.  Although contrary to most treatment programs where there are no allowances for ANY substance, there are those people who can go from abusing alcohol to having a drink.  I was surprised Lisar had no Twitter questions after the episodes aired where she could expound on the situation.

• Love 6

There was some little scene a while back where Rinna just greeted her driver like a friend or as a normal person...more then I have seen the other HWs do and for some reason I really liked it. I don't think it was scripted and she probably didn't even realize it was being filmed or would make it to editing. The realness and normality of it was refreshing. She seems very friendly and down to earth (in other words, doesn't put on "airs"). I wish they had more of those "little scenes"...similar to the one where Kyle puts one of her dogs out and it pops back in via the dog door.

I remember that scene too. I believe it was the driver who took her to the Hamptons. She also introduced him by name to Eileen (I think).

I think Rinna's problem is she's used to being liked (Kyle has the same problem). She had a good enough rep in the business that Aaron Spelling cast her in Melrose Place after firing a pregnant actress. He went on to accommodate her own pregnancy. I used to watch ET and read Soap Opera Digest, and I never heard a bad thing about her. Rinna's clearly a suck up, but that doesn't mean her over the top complimenting isn't genuine.

LVP said something about Rinna that rang true. She said (in essence), Rinna wants to shit stir, but she doesn't want to be seen as a shit stirrer. Perhaps Rinna isn't inherently manipulative, thus is doing such a clumsy job of it on the show.

• Love 13

A friend of mine actually met her once and said something very similar. She said that she was very sweet and talked to her and her husband as though they were old friends who had just run into each other unexpectedly. My friend said that when Harry came over, Lisa introduced all of them to each other as though my friend and her husband weren't complete strangers that just walked up to her unexpectedly. 

• Love 14

A friend of mine actually met her once and said something very similar. She said that she was very sweet and talked to her and her husband as though they were old friends who had just run into each other unexpectedly. My friend said that when Harry came over, Lisa introduced all of them to each other as though my friend and her husband weren't complete strangers that just walked up to her unexpectedly. 

Yeah, I just wanted to echo that I've heard nothing but good things about Lisa and Harry, too. I was at a dinner party a while back, and the woman sitting next to me was a crew member on Veronica Mars, and she mentioned how her favorite person to have worked with on that show was Harry Hamlin and how kind he and Lisa Rinna were to her and the rest of the crew during their appearances on the show. 

Incidentally, the crew member said Paris Hilton was the worst person to deal with on that show, missing her call times by several hours.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 8

That article is so Rinna. I laughed out loud when she threw in that she studies Kabbalah.

I can't hate her because I feel like she's absolutely straight forward about how thirsty she is. To me she kind of defines what you see is what you get. She's an aging actress in Hollywood who is desperate to stay relevant. 

• Love 10

Lisa's latest blog entry is interesting, especially the "history lesson" section where she says that Lisa V was "broken" (yep, she used that word) when Rinna came to the show - looks like Alligator Lisa drafted her as a useful tool from the get-go.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1

I was watching a show on weight loss on TLC and there was a TH with the woman who was losing the weight and guess who should photobomb the clip?

Armpit vagina! The woman had on workout clothes and he armpit vagina was showing, I laughed and thought of LR.

• Love 1

Lisa's latest blog entry is interesting, especially the "history lesson" section where she says that Lisa V was "broken" (yep, she used that word) when Rinna came to the show - looks like Alligator Lisa drafted her as a useful tool from the get-go.

Right, because it could never, ever, be said that LisaR courted LisaV because of LisaV's popularity/fan base. LOL 

• Love 8

I've never cared that much for LisaR.  She talks too much for me.  It just seems like whether she's talking about something in her life or another HW, she takes 10 minutes to say what she could have said in two.  The other thing I don't care for is her dramatics or theatrics.  She's so over the top.  Part of that is simply her personality, I realize, but part of it seems like trying to get more camera time. 

The scene with Eileen on the beach really turned me off.  I felt that she expected Eileen to agree with her all along the line, and when Eileen disagreed on one point, Lisa pressed on instead of simply accepting Eileen's point of view.  I'm quite sure that I couldn't be a close friend of Lisa's because she always seems to want to start something or pass along a piece of gossip.

On the bright side, I always listen up to what Lisa says because I'm pretty sure it will be inflammatory, and she has a way of commanding your attention.  I don't  hate Lisa.  I just feel that I would be very wary of her as a friend.

• Love 2

I've never cared that much for LisaR.  She talks too much for me.  It just seems like whether she's talking about something in her life or another HW, she takes 10 minutes to say what she could have said in two.  The other thing I don't care for is her dramatics or theatrics.  She's so over the top.  Part of that is simply her personality, I realize, but part of it seems like trying to get more camera time. 

The scene with Eileen on the beach really turned me off.  I felt that she expected Eileen to agree with her all along the line, and when Eileen disagreed on one point, Lisa pressed on instead of simply accepting Eileen's point of view.  I'm quite sure that I couldn't be a close friend of Lisa's because she always seems to want to start something or pass along a piece of gossip.

On the bright side, I always listen up to what Lisa says because I'm pretty sure it will be inflammatory, and she has a way of commanding your attention.  I don't  hate Lisa.  I just feel that I would be very wary of her as a friend.

I think LisaR knew that she felt/thought differently about Yolanda BUT I believe Eileen was surprised that Lisa hadn't changed her mind and still had doubts. Eileen refuses to acknowledge any discrepancies in Yolanda's stories. 

• Love 6
I thought this was funny.

LOL!  I'll bet they all feel like that at the end of a reunion session!  Talk about pressure!  Those reunions are not for the faint of heart. (Unless, of course, you're Yolanda, who can become ill and leave at the drop of a hat).

Even though LisaR is not one of my favorites, she can be fun to watch.  Watch her hands when she's talking.  She gestures in time with her words!  Also, if you're completely bored and have nothing better to do, mute the sound sometime and watch Lisa talk without the sound on.  Hysterical, especially if she's on a rant!  Finally, if the latter two don't have you laughing, play a game of "Who Can Bug Her Eyes Out More?" between LisaR and Kyle!

• Love 6
My question remains the same, what does an intelligent man like Harry Hamlin see in Lisar?

Oh, I don't know, zoeysmom.  Maybe there are 10 things we don't know about Harry Hamlin, and Lisa doesn't tell.  ;)

• Love 2

To bury the M conversation once and for all all Lisar has to say is-

The discrepancies in the story you tell and your lies brought me to look at the possibilities of M.  I stand corrected.  I know you are sick, I am just confused as to why you lie about the details (name some examples). 

Something to that effect. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

I had to look at this through my fingers as I had to cover my eyes. Second hand embarrassment, the struggle is real.

It was actually funny but the comment the judge makes is really funny.

• Love 3
Oddly, she's too butch.

That could explain why Harry married her.

Well, that and her adoration of "very large dildos" that she shoves up his ass.

Sorry for all the edits, quote wasn't working for me. 

Edited by Umbelina

That could explain why Harry married her.

Well, that and her adoration of "very large dildos" that she shoves up his ass.

Sorry for all the edits, quote wasn't working for me. 

This is what makes Rinna unsympathetic, for the moment she was strapping on a dildo, after the fact, it was a ruse.  Why say something so stupid?  because Lisa Rinna will do anything for a buck.  Now she has people like Brandi Glanville commenting on her staged prose.  Serves Lisa right but terribly unfair to Harry. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I just watched an episode of Celebrity House Hunting and always figured it was fake because the celeb is never shown actually living in their new place. This episode featured LisaR and was obviously old because she said her daughters were 10 & 13 and they were born in 1998 and 2001. At the beginning of the show she gave a tour of their house which is the same one they're living in during filming of RHoBH. This was my first clue she had no intention on actually moving and was just playing lookie-loo for the cameras. She said it was Harry's house before they met and everything in it is his taste except for one gold colored couch in the bedroom. 

She toured three brand new houses ranging in price from $1.9 to $3.7 million and supposedly chose the most expensive one which was uber modern and the complete opposite of their current house. As she was touring it, I thought, they'd have to buy all new furniture because none of their stuff would work.

Like I said, I figured the show was a total fraud, but thanks LisaR for confirming it.    

Edited by Feline Goddess
  • Love 1

Rinna basically admitting she created drama this season bc no Brandi?

Yes, but not in any particularly shocking or revelatory way. Brandi and Kim brought the drama, so I think LisaR is more or less just restating the obvious. That without Brandi, it was incumbent on the remaining cast to generate storylines. I mean, I'm glad those two are gone as much as the next person, but even I can see how they kept spitting out storylines for the producers. So I don't think Lisa is saying anything shocking here.

• Love 2

I just watched an episode of Celebrity House Hunting and always figured it was fake because the celeb is never shown actually living in their new place. This episode featured LisaR and was obviously old because she said her daughters were 10 & 13 and they were born in 1998 and 2001. At the beginning of the show she gave a tour of their house which is the same one they're living in during filming of RHoBH. This was my first clue she had no intention on actually moving and was just playing lookie-loo for the cameras. She said it was Harry's house before they met and everything in it is his taste except for one gold colored couch in the bedroom. 

She toured three brand new houses ranging in price from $1.9 to $3.7 million and supposedly chose the most expensive one which was uber modern and the complete opposite of their current house. As she was touring it, I thought, they'd have to buy all new furniture because none of their stuff would work.

Like I said, I figured the show was a total fraud, but thanks LisaR for confirming it.    

All the house hunter type shows are a fraud.  You cannot be a contestant/buyer unless you already bought your house.

• Love 2

I have always liked Lisar and respect that she is honest enough to admit she'll do anything for a paycheck. That said, I can't believe anyone would believe anything that comes out of her mouth on this show. If she calls anyone a liar, it's for drama whether they lied or not. When confronted she folds faster than superman on laundry day. She went from "enraged" and glass tossing that Kim would bring up Harry to "I love you" the next day. All for drama. So she is working for the money and I give her snaps but that doesn't mean I believe her.  She's an actor, I'll give her that. ED as well. It's grade school silly drama but it's something.

• Love 7

All the house hunter type shows are a fraud.  You cannot be a contestant/buyer unless you already bought your house.

Yes, I know the participants have to already be in escrow to be featured on those shows and the house hunting is completely fake - but obviously Lisa had no intention of actually buying anything. She also said it was going to be a choice between moving and renovating their current home - when apparently they did neither. 

• Love 2

The only things I have ever seen of Lisa's work have been bits of acting here and there, so this clip really surprised me.  Was that her voice?  It sounded like it.  I thought her singing and her moves were right on, and she did a great job of camping it up.  I think Justin himself would have been impressed!  I think it's pretty obvious she'd had nothing to drink before this turn with all of those lyrics and moves she had to remember!

Yes, I know the participants have to already be in escrow to be featured on those shows and the house hunting is completely fake - but obviously Lisa had no intention of actually buying anything. She also said it was going to be a choice between moving and renovating their current home - when apparently they did neither. 

She hasn't been working since 2013 when her soap stint ended other than a few guest spots.  Probably did it for the money, which is understandable.  

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005362/

I have always liked Lisar and respect that she is honest enough to admit she'll do anything for a paycheck. That said, I can't believe anyone would believe anything that comes out of her mouth on this show. If she calls anyone a liar, it's for drama whether they lied or not. When confronted she folds faster than superman on laundry day. She went from "enraged" and glass tossing that Kim would bring up Harry to "I love you" the next day. All for drama. So she is working for the money and I give her snaps but that doesn't mean I believe her.  She's an actor, I'll give her that. ED as well. It's grade school silly drama but it's something.

I hadn't really thought about it much until I heard that clip with Khole.  She is working this show like an acting job and taking it seriously.  She is going for the drama and a shot at being signed for next season.   She may have dreams of being the main character. I don't like her and I don't believe her but what would this season have been without her?  She needed some guidance though to have really been the hero in exposing Yo as we have discussed.  Maybe Bravo sees this and will get her a handler for next season.  LOL! 

• Love 6

Lisa Rinna's Twitter

lisa rinna ‏@lisarinna  34m34 minutes ago
So much for a peaceful vacation. I'm disgusted at how Eileen was spoken of. She is my friend and no one should ever speak of her that way.

lisa rinna ‏@lisarinna  35m35 minutes ago
Caught wind of LVP's disgustingly vile blog. What "speaks volumes" is the lack of class she tries so desperately to convey. Unacceptable.

• Love 3

Lisa Rinna's Twitter

lisa rinna ‏@lisarinna  34m34 minutes ago

So much for a peaceful vacation. I'm disgusted at how Eileen was spoken of. She is my friend and no one should ever speak of her that way.

lisa rinna ‏@lisarinna  35m35 minutes ago

Caught wind of LVP's disgustingly vile blog. What "speaks volumes" is the lack of class she tries so desperately to convey. Unacceptable.

Seems it is Ok for LisaR to be dramatic when describing someone she doesn't care for but God Forbid that the intended target of Eileen's nasty behavior and LisaR's own over the top mud slinging fights back. They set the ground rules, they got nasty and very personal in their blogs against LisaV and have done everything they can to break up the friendship between LisaV and Kyle, they are only getting a taste of their own medicine and it is about time.

• Love 15